Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anthony Quinn Warner (63) committed suicide by detonating a bomb in an RV in downtown Nashville

I love the "We believe it was intentional." A countdown to an explosion usually indicates it was intentional.

https://www.wkrn.com/news/6-officers...lle-explosion/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — Six Nashville police officers have been recognized by Metro Nashville Police for evacuating people and saving lives from 2nd Avenue before Friday morning’s RV explosion.

The officers will hold a news conference Sunday at 9:30 am CST. NewsNation will stream the event in the embedded player.

FBI leading RV explosion investigation, authorities believe it was intentional

[From Top L to Bottom R] Officer Brenna Hosey, Officer Richard Luellen, Officer Michael Sipos, Officer Amanda Topping, Officer James Wells, Sergeant Timothy Miller. (Source: Metro Nashville Police Department)
    The officers recognized include:

Officer Brenna Hosey, who has been with the department for 4 years
    Officer James Luellen, who has been with the department for 3 years
    Officer Michael Sipos, who has been with the department for 16 months
    Officer Amanda Topping, who has been with the department for 21 months
    Officer James Wells, who has been with the department for 21 months
    Sergeant Timothy Miller, who has been with the department for 11 years
    At around 6:30 a.m. Friday morning, an RV exploded near the intersection of 2nd Avenue and Commerce Street.

What could be behind Nashville explosion? Homeland Security experts weigh in
    Police say officers were initially in the area investigating a shots fired call when the explosion happened. Three people have been taken to the hospital with non-critical injuries. The explosion is believed to have been an intentional act.

Access to downtown is restricted as authorities continue to investigate.

Nashville man survives Christmas morning blast outside his apartment window
    The Federal Bureau of Investigation is the lead in the investigation. Anyone with information should call 1-800-CALL-FBI.

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news...lle-explosion/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — Neighbors on Bakertown Road were surprised and terrified to see federal agents searching a home Saturday afternoon connected to the downtown Nashville Christmas Day bombing.

ABC News identified the person of interest in the case as Anthony Quinn Warner. Tax records say he lived, or used to live, in a duplex on Bakertown Road. Marco Rodriguez lives on the other side and says FBI agents evacuated him from the building around 10 a.m. Saturday.

“They came in and told us that we could get out just in case when they went inside the house there was a bomb or something,” Rodriguez said. “I mean it’s weird because it could’ve been us. If he wanted to he could’ve just said ‘oh I’ll explode it up here.'”

The scene was clear from explosives, but investigators collected evidence from around the house for hours.

One piece of evidence we already knew about is the RV that exploded on 2nd Avenue and Commerce in downtown Nashville on the morning of Christmas Day.

Metro Police released a photo of the vehicle hours after the explosion and these neighbors recognized it.

“When I would drive by from the top of the hill, that RV would be in their backyard. It was there for a really long time, probably like for years,” neighbor Larissa Moreno said.

If you search the address (115 Bakerstown Road) on Google maps, you’ll find a photo captured in May of 2019 showing a very similar looking trailer parked in the fenced-in backyard of the duplex.

“It was old. Didn’t look used. Didn’t look like it was taken out or used at all really. It just looked old,” Moreno said.

But Rodriguez says it’s now been gone for a few days, and he’d noticed his neighbor messing with the camper over the last few weeks.

“He never took it out, but he started moving it around a bit about a month ago,” Rodriguez said.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    I love the "We believe it was intentional." A countdown to an explosion usually indicates it was intentional.
    Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nashvil...led-explosion/

Law enforcement sources told CBS News the suspect in the Nashville bombing on Christmas Day may have been killed in the blast. DNA tests are being conducted on the human remains found at the scene.

Multiple sources confirm that Anthony Quinn Warner, a Nashville area resident, has been identified as a person of interest in this case. Federal agents are searching his home.

Warner, a Nashville area resident, had a similar make and model RV as the one in photos released to the public. Warner was described as a 63-year-old White man.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Doug Korneski said Saturday there is no indication of additional explosive threats. He said officials had received about 500 tips and are "not working on any assumptions."

Police responded to a call of shots fired early Friday near the AT&T building in downtown Nashville. Instead, they found an RV with clothes and blinds covering the windows. Shortly afterward, the warning of an imminent bomb started blaring and an explosion rocked the area at about 6:30 a.m.

Shell casings have been found at the scene, but the ammunition related to them is believed to have been set off by the large explosion. The scene is very large, and authorities said they are beginning at the "outermost" perimeter of the blast and working their way in.

There is video of the RV in downtown Nashville. Investigators have a Google Maps photo of the address of the person of interest that shows a similar looking camper in the yard. Google Maps says the picture was taken in May 2019.

At least three people were wounded and Nashville Metro police chief John Drake said Friday that authorities had found tissue they believe could be connected to human remains near the site of the explosion. They have not indicated whether the remains are from someone connected to the explosion or from an innocent victim.

Police later said they believed the bombing to be an "intentional act." No motive has been given.

There is a curfew in effect for the area around the blast.

Jeff Pegues, Andres Triay and Pat Milton contributed reporting.

Copycat?

https://www.wsmv.com/news/highway-23...0aabbaeb1.html

LEBANON, TN (WSMV) - Police are investigating a suspicious vehicle on Highway 231 near the Cedars of Lebanon State Park on Sunday morning.

According to the Rutherford County Sheriff?s Office, a white box truck was parked at Crossroads Market in Walter Hill around 10:30 a.m.

Investigators received information that the vehicle was "playing audio similar to what was heard before the Christmas Day explosion."

Investigators confirmed at a news conference on Sunday morning the song "Downtown" by Petula Clark was playing before the explosion in downtown Nashville on Christmas morning.

Deputies located the vehicle on Murfreesboro Road and authorities pulled over the truck for a traffic stop.

According to the Wilson County Sheriff's Office, the southbound side of Highway 231 is closed from the Cedars of Lebanon State Park to Richmond Shop road. Drivers are being asked to Please avoid the area and seek an alternate route.

Residents in the nearby area were evacuated during the investigation.

News 4 has crews on the scene as there is a large police presence centered around what looks like a white box truck.

A robot was seen approaching the box truck on Murfreesboro Road.

It is unclear if an actual announcement was made, but as a precaution, the area was evacuated. The Tennessee Highway Patrol, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and Wilson County deputies are on scene.

Tennessee Highway Patrol is leading the investigation at this time.

The Wilson County Sheriff?s Office will post more updates as more information becomes available.
    Why?

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I wonder if we will ever know a motive? Apparently, dude was quite a loner.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    I didn't think it would be just a suicide though given the situation. In a situation like this especially when a bombing takes place in Downtown district or tourist area the Terrorism motive will be an issue.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    He thought that 5g was spying on Americans.

The FBI received 2 tips concerning this dude before he did this. I'm wondering if the Swing lady wasn't one of them. They think that she's the daughter of his ex.

I really wish that the FBI worked on stopping domestic terrorism the same way that worked on stopping Black people from fighting for equal rights.

https://apnews.com/article/election-...d4607e3590548d

I live in Nashville now and a local reporter has released a photo of the guy. https://www.facebook.com/NickBeresNC...57537955071640

This is the song he played over the loud speaker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx06XNfDvk0

Regardless of his motives at least he had the courtesy to warn people to leave.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The man accused of exploding a bomb in Nashville on Christmas told a neighbor days earlier that “Nashville and the world is never going to forget me.” Rick Laude said he had a chance conversation with Anthony Quinn Warner at his mailbox Dec. 21. Laude said he casually asked Warner if he was expecting anything good from Santa for Christmas. Laude said he was speechless when he later learned authorities identified Warner as the suspected bomber. The bombing injured three people and damaged dozens of buildings in downtown Nashville. Authorities say they are now trying to determine the motive. Warner died in the bombing.
    https://wrex.com/2020/12/28/after-na...rns-to-motive/

https://www.wjhl.com/news/regional/t...-to-forget-me/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — It seemed like a friendly chat between neighbors. Only after a bomb exploded in downtown Nashville on Christmas morning could Rick Laude grasp the sinister meaning behind his neighbor’s smiling remark that the city and the rest of the world would never forget him.

Laude told The Associated Press on Monday that he was speechless when he learned that authorities identified his 63-year-old neighbor, Anthony Quinn Warner, as the man suspected of detonating a bomb that killed himself, injured three other people and damaged dozens of buildings.

Laude said he saw Warner standing at his mailbox less than a week before Christmas and pulled over in his car to talk. After asking how Warner’s elderly mother was doing, Laude said he casually asked him, “Is Santa going to bring you anything good for Christmas?”

Warner smiled and said, “Oh, yeah, Nashville and the world is never going to forget me,” Laude recalled.

After naming suspect in Nashville bombing, focus turns to motive
    Laude said he didn’t think much of the remark and thought Warner only meant that “something good” was going to happen for him financially.

“Nothing about this guy raised any red flags,” Laude said. “He was just quiet.”

Warner left behind clues that suggest he planned and intended to kill himself in the bombing, but a clear motive remains elusive.

“We hope to get an answer. Sometimes, it’s just not possible,” David Rausch, the director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, said Monday in an interview on NBC’s “Today” show. “The best way to find motive is to talk to the individual. We will not be able to do that in this case.”

Investigators are analyzing property belonging to Warner that was collected during the investigation, including a computer and a portable storage drive, and are continuing to interview witnesses as they try to identify a potential motive for the explosion, a law enforcement official said. A review of his financial transactions also uncovered purchases of potential bomb-making components, the official said.

Warner had recently given away a vehicle and told the person he gave it to that he had been diagnosed with cancer, though it is unclear whether he indeed had cancer, the official said. Investigators used some items collected from the vehicle, including a hat and gloves, to match Warner’s DNA, and DNA had also been taken from one of his family members, the official said.

The official could not discuss the matter publicly and spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity.

Warner also apparently gave away his home in Antioch, a Nashville suburb, to a Los Angeles woman a month before the bombing. A property record dated Nov. 25 indicates Warner transferred the home to the woman in exchange for no money after living there for decades. The woman’s signature is not on that document.

Warner had worked as a computer consultant for Nashville realtor Steve Fridrich, who told the AP in a text message that Warner had said he was retiring earlier this month.

Officials said Warner had not been on their radar before Christmas. A law enforcement report released Monday showed that Warner’s only arrest was for a 1978 marijuana-related charge.

“It does appear that the intent was more destruction than death, but again that’s all still speculation at this point as we continue in our investigation with all our partners,” Rausch added.

Furthermore, officials have not provided insight into why Warner selected the particular location for the bombing, which damaged an AT&T building and continued to wreak havoc on cellphone service and police and hospital communications in several Southern states as the company worked to restore service.

Forensic analysts were reviewing evidence collected from the blast site to try to identify the components of the explosives as well as information from the U.S. Bomb Data Center for intelligence and investigative leads, according to a law enforcement official who said investigators were examining Warner’s digital footprint and financial history, as well as a recent deed transfer of a suburban Nashville home they searched.

The official, who was not authorized to discuss an ongoing investigation and spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity, said federal agents were examining a number of potential leads and pursuing several theories, including the possibility that the AT&T building was targeted.

Korneski said Sunday that officials were looking at any and all motives and were interviewing acquaintances of Warner’s to try to determine what may have motivated him.

The bombing took place on a holiday morning well before downtown streets were bustling with activity and was accompanied by a recorded announcement warning anyone nearby that a bomb would soon detonate. Then, for reasons that may never be known, the audio switched to a recording of Petula Clark’s 1964 hit “Downtown” shortly before the blast.

Witnesses describe ’15 minutes of terror’ inside bowling alley with gunman
    Officials said their identification of Warner relied on several key pieces of evidence, including DNA found at the explosion site. Investigators had previously revealed that human remains had been found in the vicinity.

In addition, investigators from the Tennessee Highway Patrol recovered parts from the RV among the wreckage from the blast, and were able to link the vehicle identification number to an RV that was registered to Warner, officials said.

“We’re still following leads, but right now there is no indication that any other persons were involved,” Korneski said. “We’ve reviewed hours of security video surrounding the recreation vehicle. We saw no other people involved.”

Police were responding to a report of shots fired Friday when they encountered the RV blaring a recorded warning that a bomb would detonate in 15 minutes. Suddenly the warning stopped, and “Downtown” started playing.

The RV exploded shortly afterward, sending black smoke and flames billowing from the heart of downtown Nashville’s tourist scene, an area packed with honky-tonks, restaurants and shops.

When you search her on fast people search, she comes up along with his mom's name and the suicide bombers name. I'm not sure why she's trying to play as if the stranger just gave her property without knowing her. He had to know her name in order to transfer the property. Maybe he picked it out of a phone book?

I want to know about the shooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/1...uilding-bombs/

Apparently there was bomb allegations against Warner that go back 1 year.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - More than a year before Anthony Warner detonated a bomb in downtown Nashville on Christmas, officers visited his home after his girlfriend told police that he was building bombs in an RV trailer at his residence, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press. But they were unable to make contact with him, or see inside his RV.

Officers were called to Pamela Perry’s home in Nashville on Aug. 21, 2019, after getting a report from her attorney that she was making suicidal threats while sitting on her front porch with firearms, the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department said Tuesday in an emailed statement. A police report said Raymond Throckmorton, the attorney, told officers that day that he also represented Warner.

When officers arrived at Perry’s home, police said she had two unloaded pistols sitting next to her on the porch. She told them those guns belonged to “Tony Warner,” police said, and she did not want them in the house any longer. Perry, then 62, was then transported for a psychological evaluation after speaking to mental health professionals on the phone.

Throckmorton told The Tennessean that Perry had fears about her safety, and thought Warner may harm her. The attorney was also at the scene that day, and told officers Warner “frequently talks about the military and bomb making,” the police report said. Warner “knows what he is doing and is capable of making a bomb,” Throckmorton said to responding officers.

Police then went to Warner’s home, located about 1.5 miles (2.4 kilometers) from Perry’s home, but he didn’t answer the door when they knocked several times. They saw the RV in the backyard, the report said, but the yard was fenced off and officers couldn’t see inside the vehicle.
    The report said there also were “several security cameras and wires attached to an alarm sign on the front door” of the home. Officers then notified supervisors and detectives.

“They saw no evidence of a crime and had no authority to enter his home or fenced property,” the police statement said.

After officers visited Warner’s home last August, the police department’s hazardous devices unit was given a copy of the police report. During the week of August 26, 2019, they contacted Throckmorton. Police said officers recalled Throckmorton saying Warner “did not care for the police,” and that he wouldn’t allow Warner “to permit a visual inspection of the RV.”

Throckmorton disputes that he told police they couldn’t search the vehicle. “I have no memory of that whatsoever,” he told The Tennessean. “I didn’t represent him anymore. He wasn’t an active client. I’m not a criminal defense attorney.”

Throckmorton told the newspaper he represented Warner in a civil case several years ago, and that Warner was no longer his client in August 2019. “Somebody, somewhere dropped the ball,” he said.

Nashville bombing video released
    A day after officers visited Warner’s home, the police report and identifying information about Warner were sent to the FBI to check their databases and determine whether Warner had prior military connections, police said.

Later that day, the police department said “the FBI reported back that they checked their holdings and found no records on Warner at all.” FBI spokesperson Darrell DeBusk told The Tennessean the agency had conducted a standard agency-to-agency record check.

Six days later, “the FBI reported that Department of Defense checks on Warner were all negative,” the police department said.

No other information about Warner came to the department or the FBI’s attention after August 2019, police said. “At no time was there any evidence of a crime detected and no additional action was taken,” the statement said. “The ATF also had no information on him.”

Warner’s only arrest was for a 1978 marijuana-related charge.

The bombing happened on Christmas morning, well before downtown streets were bustling with activity. Police were responding to a report of shots fired Friday when they encountered the RV blaring a recorded warning that a bomb would detonate in 15 minutes. Then, for reasons that may never be known, the audio switched to a recording of Petula Clark’s 1964 hit “Downtown” shortly before the blast. Dozens of buildings were damaged and several people were injured.

Investigators have not uncovered a motive for the Christmas day bombing nor was it revealed why Warner had selected the particular location, which damaged an AT&T building and wreaked havoc on cellphone, police and hospital communications in several Southern states as the company worked to restore service. The company said on Monday the majority of services had been restored for residents and businesses.

Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Wow. So a black or brown person gets shot for "being in the vicinity of a knife" or "walking with a phone that looked like a gun at first glance" but this guy was reported to have bombs, and the cops were like "well, he didn't invite us in and give them to us in a wrapped up package and ask us if we wanted tea too, so there's nothing we can do". MAGA indeed. SMH.
    That's why Trump hasn't made a statement about it. It was one of his fan club.
    Why?

Everyone's got to have a conspiracy theory about everything. *eye roll*
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Are we really that suprised that the police didn't do their job? They were literally told that the dude was building bombs and they're all like... "Hmmm... Doesn't seem pressing. Jay Waking, on the other hand, now that's what our attention needs to be focused on".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information