Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Orrin (4) & Orson West (3) missing from California City, CA since 12/21/2020

Orrin (4) & Orson West (3) missing from California City, CA since 12/21/2020

https://www.kget.com/news/local-news...nia-city-boys/

The FBI is interviewing the adoptive parents of two California City boys, ages 3 and 4, who have been missing since Monday evening, according to investigators.

A search warrant has been served and evidence collected from the home of Trezol and Jacqueline West, the couple who adopted Orrin and Orson West in April 2019, said California City police Lt. Jesse Hightower. The couple is cooperating and at this point no one has been ruled out regarding the boys? disappearance, he said, adding that some items need to be forensically examined.

California City police have reached out to several different agencies for assistance due to the nature of the investigation, Hightower said. Police have also contacted the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

The parents went willingly with officers at 3:45 p.m. after a police cruiser entered their driveway, police said. They were not handcuffed as they were taken in for questioning.

Police served the warrant just after 6 p.m. Tuesday. Officers left the house carrying several brown bags and a large duffel bag. The parents? white van was towed.

CALIFORNIA CITY, Calif. (KGET) ? A search is ongoing for two brothers, ages 3 and 4, who went missing Monday evening in California City, with dozens of residents scouring the city and surrounding area looking for them or clues to their whereabouts.

Volunteers were out Monday night and again Tuesday morning looking for Orrin and Orson West. Volunteers said they?ll continue searching for as long as it takes.

?We went to about six or seven places last night and now we?re back here this morning at 9 a.m. waiting for search and rescue to lay us out with a plan? said LaMiya Patrick.

?People took this very serious, we?re a small town, so for one of our own to be missing we took it personal,? she said.

?I hope to find these babies alive,? said Jennifer Wood, another volunteer. ?I want them found and taken some place where they?re safe.?

California City police said at 8 p.m. Monday that the boys had been reported missing and were last seen in the 10700 block of Aspen Ave. Both were described as 3 feet tall, between 30 to 40 pounds, black hair, brown eyes and were wearing black sweatshirts and gray sweatpants. They were last seen Monday.

The boys? adoptive father, who didn?t give his name, said he appreciated the efforts of the community but declined further comment until police provided him with an update.

Anyone with information regarding the boys? whereabouts is asked to call the California City Police Department at 760-373-8606.

Yeah I dont think a 3 and 4 year old ran away.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.turnto23.com/news/missin...and-orrin-west

The adoptive parents of the missing California City boys spoke to the media for the first time Wednesday, detailing the Monday night their children went missing.

According to Trezell and Jacqueline West, their 3 year-old Orson West and 4 year-old Orrin West were in the backyard playing at their California City home, when they were last seen.

"I came in the house, I saw them there. I go in the house, I came back out, I didn't see them there," Trezell West said.

Moments before the children went missing, Trezell tells 23ABC News that he was gathering wood to start a fire because it was getting cold.

"I open up the back gate, I'm throwing wood, bringing it inside the house. My wife's inside, she was actually wrapping gifts so we thought it was a good idea that our youngest two go outside and play with chalk on the back patio," added West.

Shortly after, West says he saw they were no longer on the patio. He asked his wife Jacqueline if she saw them, she said no. That’s when he says panic set in.

"I realized that I left the back gate open and I panicked and came inside the house, searched the house, me and my wife. Once that didn't pan out, I got in the van, I looked down the street in both directions, it was getting dark, getting cold," West said.

Within minutes, West said he called police.

Since then, California City Police, the FBI, and the Kern County Sheriff's Office have been investigating.

Police searched the couple's home Tuesday night, then interviewed the couple at police headquarters.

Meantime multiple search efforts took place, which included the help of the boy's biological mother Ryan Dean Wednesday. Dean made the trip to the boys' home from Bakersfield and spoke to the adoptive parents briefly.

The entire situation, regarding why Dean did not have full custody of her children is unclear, but she tells 23ABC that she has worked hard to get her life back on track and wanted to get custody of her boys back eventually.

But now, she thinks that will never happen and is blaming the adoptive parents.

"They did something, I feel like they did something and they know something. They did something. I feel like my kids are somewhere around here. I can feel it. And I feel like they are in the house and I feel like they did something," said Dean.

Trezell and Jacqueline say they understand her frustration.

When asked what their response is to the biological mom's accusations, Trezell West said "that's understandable. I would think the same thing. That's exactly the point, and if we can find our babies ... that's all I want, is to find our babies."

Since Monday, many of the Wests' neighbors were concerned that the couple did not participate in any search efforts, speak to any neighbors, or make any public statements.

West told 23ABC that they have been busy with the police investigation. On Monday, "First thing they did was tell us to stay in the house so they could get a hold of us, and they just had us sitting there and we wanted to keep searching ... but everybody came out in droves [to search] ... but we couldn't go outside."

According to West, police also told them "the best are out here searching."

"We're going through it," Jacqueline West said. "It's difficult. Everyone is making their own conclusions. They don't know anything ... we said what we knew," West said.

Cal City Police and various agencies were back out on the scene Wednesday, their focus was on the backyard, the area both parents said the children were last seen.
    If they were adopted how did the biological mother think she was going to get them back?
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 12-24-2020 at 07:40 AM.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I suspect the foster parents. Who let's kids that young play outside alone? Who leaves the gate open while their kids are playing outside in the dusk of day? This is shameful and I'm so tired of people hurting kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I suspect the foster parents. Who let's kids that young play outside alone? Who leaves the gate open while their kids are playing outside in the dusk of day? This is shameful and I'm so tired of people hurting kids.
    I believe they fostered and then adopted the kids in 2018. That's what I don't understand about the bio mom saying she was gong to get them back. They're adopted, it's done. For some reason in this case I don't suspect the adopted parents. I am wondering about some family member of the bio mother, or if they actually did just wonder off.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I believe they fostered and then adopted the kids in 2018. That's what I don't understand about the bio mom saying she was gong to get them back. They're adopted, it's done. For some reason in this case I don't suspect the adopted parents. I am wondering about some family member of the bio mother, or if they actually did just wonder off.
    Oh ok. I was wondering how they all had the same last name. Bio mom was delusional, there's no getting them back after adoption.

I don't know what I think about this one, TBH. Regarding the parents' interview: I realize they aren't public relations experts, but there is some awkward phraseology that would probably be interesting from a statement analysis standpoint.

Their reaction to BioMom's accusation that they 'did something' and 'know something' is pretty moderate. If someone was publicly accusing me of disappearing my babies, I wouldn't say I understand and would 'think the same thing.' I like to think I'd be a better person, but I'd probably be tempted to air some home truths about her own parenting skills that resulted in their adoption in the first place. I'm not saying that's right, just saying I'd be mighty tempted, because that's a heavy accusation to lay on someone.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

https://www.kget.com/news/local-news...ing-west-boys/

Two children remain missing more than a week after disappearing outside their adoptive parents’ home and police on Tuesday said no suspects have been identified and asked the public to come forward with any information regarding the case.

California City Police Chief Jon Walker said “there are things in the works” but he declined to say what they were as he didn’t want to compromise the investigation. He said he does suspect foul play, but didn’t comment on whether he believed the boys were alive.

“We’re accepting any information that you could possibly give us, any tips, we’re following up on everything,” Walker said in asking the public to contact his department.

https://www.turnto23.com/news/local-...-year-old-boys

A $10,000 reward was announced Wednesday for the two boys reported missing in California City on Dec. 21.

GreenStone, a cannabis dispensary in Cal City announced the reward, which "will pay up to $10,000 ... to the person, or persons who provide information leading to the finding of Orrin and Orson [West]," the reward flyer read.

"Our hearts and prayers go out to these babies," the owners of the dispensary Rick and Amanda Jones said in a statement sent to 23ABC News. "We hope offering a reward for information will help find," 3-year-old Orson and 4-year-old Orrin.

The Jones are also coordinating a search of the local desert areas. The event, dubbed "Human Chain Search Party" will begin at 1 p.m. Saturday, near the corner of Proctor and California City Bouelvard.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the California City Police Department at 760-373-8606.

For those that would like to stay anonymous, authorities ask you call the Kern County Secret Witness hotline at 661-322-4040.

I've read through the articles and may have mentioned this but was it mentioned if the yard was fenced in or not?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I've read through the articles and may have mentioned this but was it mentioned if the yard was fenced in or not?
    According to this it sounds like there was:

https://people.com/crime/calif-broth...-he-left-yard/

According to their adoptive father, Trezol West, their adoptive mother, Jacqueline West, was inside wrapping presents while he was out back gathering fire wood.

“I came in the house,” Trezol West told KGET. “I saw them there, went into the house, came back out, didn’t see them there.”

When his wife confirmed that she hadn't seen the boys either, panic set in.

"I realized that I left the back gate open and I panicked and came inside the house, searched the house, me and my wife. Once that didn't pan out, I got in the van, I looked down the street in both directions, it was getting dark, getting cold," he said, 23ABC reports.

Trezol West said he immediately began searching the neighborhood for the pair and called police for help.

According to this it sounds like there was:

https://people.com/crime/calif-broth...-he-left-yard/
    Ok so they had a fence but the gate was open.

I was going to say with my personal experience, if I'm playing with my kid outside and need something inside, I can leave him for a minute or two because our yard is fenced in and the gate is too heavy for him to open.

I still don't think they wandered off or they would have been found already.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Ok so they had a fence but the gate was open.

I was going to say with my personal experience, if I'm playing with my kid outside and need something inside, I can leave him for a minute or two because our yard is fenced in and the gate is too heavy for him to open.

I still don't think they wandered off or they would have been found already.
    Even if they wandered off and tragedy befell them, they would have been found by now. I'm really hoping this is bio-Mom wanting her children back.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Yeah they didn't run away or wander off because they would have already been found.
    I'm not really liking how bio mom came in like a wrecking ball throwing accusations, especially if the kids were fully adopted already.
    I think the statement by the adoptive parents about the bio mom's accusations was them possibly trying to just tactfully address her accusations in a neutral way maybe?

It's either the bio mom/her relatives or the adoptive parents that did something. The odds of a random person coming along and stealing two kids at once is fairly low.
    I'll be interested to see what happens here and I hope the boys are found safe.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

So thinking I am wrong at this point.

https://www.turnto23.com/news/local-...rnia-city-boys

With guns drawn, authorities entered the home of the two California City boys who were reported missing on Dec. 21.

It's at least the second time the California City Police Department, along with multiple other agencies, executed a search warrant at the residence since the investigation began.

According to CCPD Police Chief Jon Walker, the boys' adoptive parents Trezell and Jacqueline West, have interviewed with police on multiple occasions, but no suspect or suspects have been named in the investigation so far. In the meantime, the Wests' other four children are being held in protective custody, which Walker confirmed during his first on-camera briefing of the case Tuesday.

The Wests told police the boys disappeared from their home while playing in the backyard and believe they were kidnapped. But, the investigation has not led authorities to that conclusion at this point.

"We have no way of knowing how they got out of the yard, Walker said. There's "nothing that shows how they got out of the yard or if they wondered out of the yard."

Authorities extensively dug up terrain in the backyard in recent days to make sure the boys weren't underneath, according to Walker. "We are just trying to dig up anything, any clues that we could possibly find, to find out where they have gone and also to confirm they are not in the backyard."

Walker confirmed that K-9 units were also deployed into the home multiple times and that the boys' scent did not leave the house. The Wests told 23ABC News on Dec. 23, that their other children were on "vacation" when Orrin and Orson went missing.

Authorities knocked on nearly every door in their neighborhood, and "none of the neighbors have seen the kids." Walker said.

"Ever?" a reported asked.

"No," Walker replied. The family moved into the neighborhood in September, Walker confirmed.

Within a day after the children were reported missing, the adoptive parents' cell phones and other technological devices have been in police custody, along with at least one of their vehicles. Walker was unable to comment on whether the parents took a lie detector test or whether they denied one.

The investigation has not led authorities to begin searching through hundreds of miles of desert that surrounds California City, according to Walker, but he adds that the community's search efforts have been tremendous.

"We absolutely appreciate everything from the community ... this whole community is invested in this thing."

CCPD is asking anyone with information to call their department at 760-373-8606.

https://www.kget.com/news/local-news...-missing-boys/

It’s been 12 days since two California City boys were reported missing. On Saturday, members of a community search party say they found items that could possibly be linked to the boys’ disappearance.

The owners of the Greenstone marijuana dispensary organized the search party Saturday afternoon. It included several dozen residents of California City and surrounding areas.

According to members of the search party, a Christmas gift bag with one of the boys name’s on it, as well as clothing items were found during the search. The community members say the items were taken to police for further analysis. The California City Police Department has not confirmed that they have been given items found Saturday, and it’s still unclear how the found items ended up in the desert near the home.

The owner of Greenstone and Preferred Towing has put up a $20,000 reward for information on the boys’ whereabouts.

Anyone with information and looking to collect the reward can call the California City Police Department at 760-373-8606. To remain anonymous, but ineligible for the reward, call the Secret Witness Hotline at 661-322-4040.

https://www.kget.com/news/local-news...ues-statement/

The extended family of two missing California City boys — Orson and Orrin West — have issued a statement Sunday expressing their hopes for the boys’ safe return home, that they are cooperating with authorities and have involved a team of private investigators.

“Our priority is to find out where our boys are and their safe return. The truth has to and will come to light,” the statement attributed to the West family said Sunday night.

The statement posted to Medium and shared with 17 News also says members of the extended West family have received death threats since Orson’s and Orrin’s disappearances. The statement says family members had been advised to avoid the public because of the intensity and amount of threats they had received.

The West home in California City has been targeted by rocks, and attempted break-ins according to the family’s statement.

We thank those who are standing in the gap by searching as volunteers and fully support all law enforcement agencies in fully investigating all possible scenarios and leaving no stone unturned. For those who have attacked us, wish us harm and ill will — we will continue to pray for you and ask that you direct your energy on helping the actual search.
    West family statement

Meanwhile, the family said it is still in shock over the boys’ disappearance nearly two weeks ago and are fully cooperating with authorities and ask that anyone with information contact the California City Police Department at 760-373-8606, the Bakersfield Police Department at 661-327-7111 or the FBI Field Office in Los Angeles at 310-477-6565.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm familiar with California City and it's DESOLATE. It's mostly desert. It's not that big of a town. There's no way that they could have small children like that and not have the neighbors see them or know about them at all since September. They were either hiding them from the community or they were never there to begin with. Since they found a gift and clothing, I'm suspecting that they were there, but possibly being abused by the parents so hidden in the house most of the time. They possibly went too far one night. So they got rid of both of them.

It's all desert in this location so finding their remains will be no easy task. They could be anywhere.

ETA: Scratch that. It's possible that those kids never even were there. Who knows how long they've been gone.

UPDATE (Jan. 3, 2021): Members of the search team who found a gift bag with one of the missing boy?s names on it think it may have just been blown into the desert from a memorial outside the home.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 01-04-2021 at 08:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

It's REALLY desolate. I did a google drive-by, even the houses on Aspen Ave are set apart. All the same, I agree - don't know how you could have two toddlers and none of your neighbors know it.

https://www.kget.com/news/local-news...ng-30k-reward/

The adoptive family of Orrin and Orson West is now offering a $30,000 reward for information leading to the return of the boys, who were reported missing last month.

The family announced the reward in a statement on the online platform Medium and said it is putting up the money for the reward, which will join others that have already been announced. This will bring the total to $80,000 in rewards.

Businesses have offered rewards totaling $25,000 to anyone who can find the boys. Last week, the California City council approved a proposal to match the reward with city reserve funds but the information must lead to an arrest and conviction.

Anyone with information about the boys is urged to call 760-373-8606 or 661-327-7111.

Apparently there?s videos on YT from neighbors surveillance showing that the boys were never in the yard when the dad said they were and at the time he reported them missing he?s calm and the mom never came out to look for them.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    Apparently there?s videos on YT from neighbors surveillance showing that the boys were never in the yard when the dad said they were and at the time he reported them missing he?s calm and the mom never came out to look for them.
    This is the theory I'm going on and I'm not the only one that thinks they were never there since locals to Bakersfield (where they lived before California City) have been running searches in that area.

Mark my words. Those kids never saw California City and they moved there to get away from the area where they somehow got rid of the boys. They're responsible. 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    This is the theory I'm going on and I'm not the only one that thinks they were never there since locals to Bakersfield (where they lived before California City) have been running searches in that area.

Mark my words. Those kids never saw California City and they moved there to get away from the area where they somehow got rid of the boys. They're responsible. 100%.
    Yeah this is what I?ve thought too.

Aren't there like, four other kids? Older ones? If the parents are responsible, I'm sure police will get the truth out of them. Those kids are going to say they haven't seen their little brothers in a while. I agree with BB73 that the family moved to California City to flee the past. But that means the little guys have been missing since September - four months. The siblings aren't going to be able to explain such a long absence.

https://www.kget.com/news/local-news...investigation/

It’s been exactly 30 days since 3-year-old Orson and 4-year-old Orrin West were reported missing in California City. Chief of Police Jon Walker spoke with 17 News about the adoptive parents, where the boys were last seen, and dispelled some rumors. He says his department’s 13 officers are following every tip they receive.

“We’ve questioned multiple people we’ve searched multiple places,” said Jon Walker, Chief of Police in California City. “We’re following up on almost every clue or tip that we get. So at this point we have nothing that actually shows us or proves what happened to the boys or where they’re at.”

The last people who reportedly saw the two boys were their adoptive parents – Trezell and Jacqueline West. But Chief Walker says it’s not likely the boys just walked out of the house and went missing on their own.

“Someone out there knows something, they know where these boys are what’s happened to these boys, yes there has to be someone.”

He says the police are still in contact with the adoptive parents, who have been cooperative throughout the investigation. He also confirmed that they are no longer in their home, and are now staying in Bakersfield.

“They’ve been back a couple of times to either take items out or whatever,” Walker said. “But we spot check it quite often and we don’t see a lot of activity in the house.”

He says there’s no possibility the boys, or the boys’ bodies, are in the house.

“We’ve looked everywhere possible in a house we could possibly look,” Walker said. “We brought in search dogs, cadaver dogs, any dog you can think of has been in that house and has not had any kids anywhere in the house.”

There’s still plenty of evidence and security footage to go through. So far, they’ve found nothing significant. Despite this, he says this case is far from getting cold.

“We’re not at a point now that we’re exhausted or want to give up.”

They previously had four supporting agencies on the investigation- but now they have two: the FBI and Bakersfield Police. Chief Walker says he appreciates search efforts from the community and encourages people to continue looking.

“The longer it takes obviously the less chance that we’re going to find them but I still have hope and confidence that we will,” Walker said.

Thread Information