Thread: David Misch (59) Arrested and waiting hearing on the 1988 death of Michaela Garecht and the 1986 double murder

David Misch (59) Arrested and waiting hearing on the 1988 death of Michaela Garecht and the 1986 double murder

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...-hayward-girl/

HAYWARD, Calif. (KRON) ? A convicted murderer has been arrested and charged with the murder of Michaela Garecht, who disappeared in 1988.

59-year-old David Misch is charged with murder and two special circumstances, including murder during the course of a kidnapping and having been convicted of a previous murder, according to Alameda County District Attorney Nancy O?Malley.

Misch is currently in Santa Rita Jail awaiting trial in the 1986 double murder of two women in Fremont, in addition to Garecht?s case, officials announced. He has been in prison since 1989.
    Officials with the FBI, Alameda County District Attorney?s Office, and Hayward Police Department are holding a press conference with the new developments Monday.

Garecht, who was 9 years-old when she disappeared, was abducted in the parking lot of a Rainbow Market in Hayward on Nov. 19, 1988.

According to the FBI, Garecht and her friends were at the market when an unknown man moved their scooter closer to his car. When Garecht tried to get the scooter, he grabbed her and drove away with her in his car.
    That was the last time anyone saw or heard from her.

The FBI was previously offering a $10,000 reward for information that can help them arrest and convict the suspect.

Witnesses described the suspect as a young man, between 18-24 years old at the time. He had a slender build, was about six feet tall and 180 lbs with dirty blond, shoulder-length hair and acne on his face.

According to the FBI, his getaway car was an older model, full-sized four-door sedan, possibly gold or tan in color, with damage to the front bumper.

If you have any information, contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.

Bay City News contributed to this report.

So happy to see this case and the Unique Harris case solved!

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I saw, this case on UM 30 minutes before they announced that they solved this case. I would love to see how he looked at the time of the kidnapping.

Sounds like he's a serial killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I saw, this case on UM 30 minutes before they announced that they solved this case. I would love to see how he looked at the time of the kidnapping.

Sounds like he's a serial killer.
    I've gone out looking for comparison pics of the suspect drawing and him at the time, but so far I haven't found anything.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I've gone out looking for comparison pics of the suspect drawing and him at the time, but so far I haven't found anything.
    Same here. I can see a resemblance between how he looks now and the composite drawing on UM.

Can't help but think, the friend she went with REALLY lucked out.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    True, but can you imagine the survivor's guilt she has had to deal with? You don't come away from something like this unscathed. Poor girl.
    I was gonna say, hope she didn't have survivor's guilt....I mean, the trauma she suffered seeing her friend be kidnapped, screaming....ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information