Thread: Human bones found in Nash County, NC hunting grounds

Human bones found in Nash County, NC hunting grounds

https://abc11.com/human-bones-found-...ounds/7456123/

Deputies are investigating after human remains were found at a Nash County hunting ground on Wednesday afternoon.

The Nash County Sheriff's Office said the remains were discovered in the "dry/skeletonized stages of decomposition" near the entrance of Sandy Creek Gameland, located at 11872 Sumler Road in Castalia just after 1 p.m.

Officials said the remains have been taken to the Medical Examiner's Office for further identification and cause of death.

Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact the Nash County Sheriff's Office at (252) 459-4121 or Twin County Crimestoppers at (252) 977-1111.

I think if anyone had information on the incident, the body would have been found a lot sooner, no?

Does anyone know off the top of your head how long it takes for an exposed body to completely skeletonize? I'd Google it, but my search history is incriminating enough.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I think if anyone had information on the incident, the body would have been found a lot sooner, no?

Does anyone know off the top of your head how long it takes for an exposed body to completely skeletonize? I'd Google it, but my search history is incriminating enough.
    It really just depends on the conditions. Some places, some times of the year, no time at all. Other places, an exposed body will more or less mummify.

Fascinating book. You can learn all sorts of things without that incriminating google search trail.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Deaths-Acre...%2C227&sr=8-14
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

"You must spread some reputation around..."

Thanks, that looks like a great book. I downloaded it.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information