Thread: 'Friday' Star Tommy 'Tiny' Lister Dead at 62 after experiencing COVID symptoms

'Friday' Star Tommy 'Tiny' Lister Dead at 62 after experiencing COVID symptoms

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialTinyLister/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Lister_Jr.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TinyLis...tbl6A2MT86KtM4

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001474/

https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/10/tommy...-movies-deebo/

Tommy "Tiny" Lister -- famous for playing intimidating, but lovable tough guys in films like "Friday" -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us they got a call to the actor's Marina Del Rey apartment Thursday, just before 3 PM, for an unconscious male. Our sources say Tommy was not transported to the hospital, as he was pronounced dead on the scene.

We're told the coroner is at the home, but there's no word yet on a cause of death.

Though "Tiny" began landing his bullying bad guy roles in the '80s, he's most famous for his hilarious turn as Deebo in "Friday" and the sequel, "Next Friday."

He also played President Lindberg in the sci-fi action film, "The Fifth Element," and more recently appeared in the box office smash hit, "The Dark Knight." He voiced the character Finnick in "Zootopia" as well.

Along with acting, Tommy had 2 short pro wrestling stints, and starred alongside Hulk Hogan -- as the bad guy, Zeus, of course -- in the 1989 film, "No Holds Barred."

Oh, and if ya didn't know, his nickname is pure irony ... "Tiny" was 6'5".

When we last saw him out and about, "Tiny" couldn't have been nicer ... talking to us about another Deebo currently playing in the NFL, and dishing out some new "Friday" info.

Earlier this year, Lister used his bullying powers for the greater good ... getting word out to help grieving families -- and a few months before that, he was warning kids to stay inside during the early days of the pandemic.

Tommy was 62.

RIP

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2020...COVID_symptoms
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 12-13-2020 at 06:10 AM.

Damn RIP

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    RIP

7:08 PM PT -- A release from The L.A. County Sheriff's Department says friends and business associates of Lister became worried Thursday when they hadn't heard from him since Wednesday night. Deputies performed a welfare check where they made their way into his apartment and found him dead.

At this point, cops say it's believed that Lister died of natural causes ... but an autopsy will be performed to determine an official cause of death.

Ice Cube, who starred in 'Friday' posted a tribute, saying, "RIP Tiny “Deebo” Lister. America’s favorite bully was a born entertainer who would pop into character at the drop of a hat terrifying people on and off camera. Followed by a big smile and laugh. Thank you for being a good dude at heart. I miss you already."

8:21 AM PT -- 12/11 -- Lister had been experiencing COVID symptoms in the days leading up to his death ... according to his manager, Cindy Cowan.

Cowan tells CNN that Tiny began feeling sick a week ago, but he got worse quickly -- couldn't breathe and felt very weak.

She says he was supposed to work on a movie set last weekend but had to cancel due to his breathing difficulties, and he also canceled a Zoom appearance for a TV festival Wednesday. That night is when Cowan says friends and family tried to call and check on him, but their calls went on answered.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I had a friend die this way. Covid isn't a joke and I hate it.

Tommy 'Tiny' Lister Had COVID 4 Months Ago, Feared It Returned

https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/12/frida...s-covid-again/

If Tommy "Tiny" Lister died from COVID-19 -- as people close to him suspect -- it would have been his second bout with it, because TMZ's learned he fought it off months before his death.

The "Friday" star's rep, Cindy Cowan, tells TMZ ... "Tiny" tested positive around 4 months ago. He had many of the common symptoms ... he felt lethargic and struggled breathing, but his diabetes also made him high risk. She says he wasn't hospitalized but quarantined at home.

Fast forward to December 3 ... Cindy tells us Tommy was supposed to visit her home, but instead, he called and informed her he was feeling those painfully familiar COVID symptoms again.

She says he felt it was probably best for him NOT to enter her home out of fear of spreading whatever he had. Tommy's cause of death has not yet been determined ... but we've learned he feared he had contracted the coronavirus again.

TMZ broke the story ... Tommy sadly died the following week after the L.A. County Sheriff's Department conducted a welfare check and found him dead. Friends had been concerned when they hadn't heard from him since Wednesday night.

Tommy had been feeling so ill ... he was forced to cancel his first day of filming Sunday for a new movie with Sam Worthington. He also canceled a Zoom panel Tuesday.

He'd recently told Cowan he wanted to be one of the first in line to get the vaccine when it rolls out later this month. He just wanted things to go back to normal as much as possible ... and spend time with his daughter, Faith.

At this moment, it's unclear what funeral arrangements will be made, but look for some sort of celebration of life in early January, if possible.

RIP, Deebo. ��

R.I.P. Zeus
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/12/tommy...th-god-got-me/

https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/12/tommy...th-god-got-me/

VIDEO - https://www.tmz.com/videos/2020-12-1...-live-4897943/

Tommy 'Tiny' Lister's condition in the days before his demise was alarming -- but the guy was confident he'd be taken care of by the man upstairs.

Actor/rapper Chris La Vrar tells TMZ ... he was with Tiny Monday at the 'Friday' star's Marina del Rey home, where Tiny was recording a live stream video session with fans and fielding questions for a Q&A. Part of the convo was posted on social media -- and while you can see Tiny was not well here ... Chris says it was much worse up close in-person.

In the video, you see Tiny struggling to speak and breathe ... much like he had during his interview with Brandon Jay. Only difference here is that Tiny kinda nods off at various points, and his energy and focus are low compared to the rest of the chat room.

Good sport that he was, he did his best to engage with fans as best he could -- but Chris tells us that behind the scenes ... Tiny was startling him. He says the man was coughing nonstop, and when Chris asked if he was okay, 'Tiny' told him he was fine.

We're told Chris pressed to see if he felt like he needed to go to a doctor -- as Chris believed he did -- and Tiny responded ... "No, God's got me." Chris let it go.

BTW, as we reported, Tiny apparently contracted COVID 4 months ago, like many suspected -- Chris tells us it was confirmed, but Tiny believed he'd beaten it and gotten past the symptoms. As we can now see, that was not the case. After hanging out with Tiny for a couple hours and subsequently learning of his death days later -- we're told Chris is now concerned he might have COVID and plans to get tested ASAP.

We broke the story ... Tiny was found dead Thursday at his home. An autopsy is pending for an official cause of death -- he was 62.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Dammmit! I was just thinking about him this week, too. I saw something that he had a role in, and all I could think about was when he played Deebo and got "knocked the fuck out." It put a big smile on my face and made me want to watch Friday all over again.

And now this.

Coronavirus and the rest of 2020 can fuck the hell right off, guys.

Tommy Lister, you have given us some great moments to remember you by. And for that, we are forever grateful. Rest in Peace.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

ZEUS
    Last edited by puke; 12-13-2020 at 06:53 PM.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Tommy Lister Legally Changed Name to 'Debo' in Homage to 'Friday'

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/13/tommy...h-certificate/

Tommy 'Tiny' Lister was all in for the movie that made him famous -- namely, Ice Cube's cult classic "Friday" -- because he legally changed his name to pay homage to his unforgettable character.

TMZ has obtained Tommy's death certificate, and while a cause of death hasn't yet been officially determined ... there was one very interesting nugget we noticed. His full name reads Tommy Debo Lister, very different from his reported birth name ... Thomas Duane Lister Jr.

It's interesting for a number of reasons. Obviously, Tommy is most famous for portraying Deebo in the "Friday" franchise -- and, no, we didn't spell that wrong ... but it appears Tommy did. In any case, it's quite clear he loved the character -- so much so, he actually made it part of his real-life identity ... opting for that instead of "Tiny," his longtime public nickname.

His manager, Cindy Cowan, tells TMZ he made the change in an L.A. court about 6 months ago -- because he felt his fans and the public at large simply knew him from "Friday."

Like we said ... Tommy's cause of death is pending right now -- it's listed as "deferred" on the doc, which just means they're still doing tests.

Remember, though, many in Tommy's immediate circle believe it was COVID-19. He was incredibly sick in his final days -- evident in several different videos he participated in -- and he'd already caught the virus earlier this year.

While the medical team works on getting closure on that front -- there's one last thing we should note about Tommy's death certificate. It says he was married to Felicia Lister.

If you know, you know ... gotta love it.

TMZ broke the story ... 62-year-old Tommy died suddenly last year at his L.A.-area home. When paramedics arrived, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

RIP, Deebo.

That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

'Friday' Star Tommy 'Tiny' Lister Died From Heart Disease, Had COVID

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/28/frida...ease-covid-19/

Just as Tommy "Tiny" Lister's loved ones suspected, he did have COVID-19 at the time of his death ... but the L.A. County Medical Examiner says that's not what caused his death.

According to his autopsy, the "Friday" star died of hypertensive and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease ... commonly called heart disease.

In the docs, obtained by TMZ, the ME also says a nasal swab came back positive for COVID-19 ... and notes Tommy had fluid in his chest when he died. Additionally, he had an enlarged heart with high blood pressure, poor circulation in his legs and coronary artery disease.

TMZ broke the story ... the 62-year-old actor died suddenly last year at his L.A.-area home. Paramedics responded, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Tommy's manager, Cindy Cowan, said he'd been experiencing COVID symptoms in the days leading up to his death, and was clearly having difficulty breathing during an online chat he had just days before he passed.

Thread Information