Thread: Nurse Caitlyn Marie Kaufman (26) shot, killed on I-440 near West End Nashville, TN

Nurse Caitlyn Marie Kaufman (26) shot, killed on I-440 near West End Nashville, TN

Name has not been released. Only that they're a 26 year old woman.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/nu...-near-west-end

Nurse shot, killed on I-440 near West End

By: Bethany DavisonPosted at 1:34 AM, Dec 04, 2020 and last updated 2:34 AM, Dec 04, 2020
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) ? A nurse was shot and killed on I-440 late Thursday.

According to the Metro Nashville Police Department, a Metro Parks officer saw a Mazda SUV near the guardrail on the side of I-440, between the Hillsboro Pike and West End Ave. exits. That officer stopped to help, assuming the driver had crashed. Inside the SUV, police said they found a woman who died of a gunshot wound.

Investigators said there were bullet holes in the window of the woman's car. They believe the bullets were fired into the SUV.

The victim is described as a 26-year-old woman who was a nurse in Nashville, but her name has not been released yet.

Recent Stories from newschannel5.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Road rage incident?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

There have been a lot of shootings on the freeways in my area, it has me a little scared. They are being reported as random, but makes me wonder if it is road rage and the victim doesn't want to admit they did anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...e-say-n1250025

Here is an update the victim has been identified as Caitlyn Marie Kaufman (26).

A hospital nurse was shot and killed on the highway as she drove to work in Tennessee, according to the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department.

Twenty-six year old Caitlyn Marie Kaufman was on Interstate 440 driving to her 7 p.m. ET Thursday shift at St. Thomas West Hospital when she was shot and killed, police said.

Her gray Mazda CX-5 SUV was found stopped on the shoulder between the Hillsboro Road and West End exits on I-440 at 8:52 p.m.

Kaufman died at the scene, the police said.

Any members of the public with information are asked to call MNPD at 615-742-7463.
    MNPD did not immediately respond to a NBC News request for comment.

https://people.com/crime/nashville-n...iving-to-work/

A Nashville nurse on her way to work this week was shot and killed while driving on the freeway.

Caitlyn Marie Kaufman, 26, was driving her Mazda CX-5 SUV to her 7 p.m. shift at St. Thomas West Hospital Thursday night when someone opened fire on her vehicle, Nashville police said in a press release Friday.

Kaufman was traveling on I-440 west at the time, and her car came to a rest on the shoulder of the freeway between the Hillsboro Pike and West End Avenue exits, according to police. Shortly before 9 p.m., a Metro Parks officer stopped to check on the car, reportedly thinking it was a single-car crash, and found that Kaufman had been shot.

According to a dispatch recording obtained by NBC News, the car had bullet holes in it and was still running when the officer found it.

Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE's free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.

Caitlyn Kaufman Nashville nurse

Caitlyn Kaufman's car | CREDIT: NASHVILLE METRO POLICE DEPARTMENT
    RELATED: S.C. Woman Who Recently Graduated from College Is Killed Before Suspect, Wife Allegedly Bury Body

While the officer called for assistance, Kaufman died on the scene.

Investigators currently believe that Kaufman had been running on time for her 7 p.m. shift, and that the shooting took place sometime between 6 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.

Police Captain Tyler Chandler of nearby town Mt. Juliet urged anyone with information to share it with the Nashville police.

"Horrible. My prayers go out to her family and all her loved ones," Chandler wrote on Twitter. "If you have any information, no matter how insignificant you think it may be, please let @MNPDNashville know. Sometimes the smallest bit of information helps solve a case."

According to her Facebook profile, Kaufman had been working at St. Thomas West Hospital since December 2018, and was originally from Chicora, Pennsylvania.

No suspects have been named in the shooting, and details remain sparse as detectives investigate. Anyone with information on the shooting is encouraged to call 615-742-7463.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Road rage incident?
    It wouldn't surprise me. The interstates around Nashville are an absolute nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

'Why did you do that to her?' Slain Nashville nurse's car shot at 6 times on I-440

https://fox17.com/news/local/why-did...aitlyn-kaufman

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — The mom of a murdered Nashville nurse is pleading with the Nashville community to help police find her daughter's killer as a motive or suspect have not been named.

Caitlyn Kaufman, 26, was shot and killed while driving to work last week on I-440 between the Hillsboro Road and West End exits. Police say she was traveling for her shift at St. Thomas West when someone fired at least six rounds at her car from the interstate. Caitlyn was struck by gunfire that killed her within 15 seconds, according to the Medical Examiner.

Police found the SUV stopped on the shoulder around 8:50 p.m. that night. A Metro Parks officer spotted the vehicle and found Kauffman shot.

Caitlyn's mom Diane had spoken to her daughter before the shooting while on her way to work.

“I had to get off the phone and when I attempted to call her back, there was no answer," Kaufman said.

Diane Kaufman attends a news conference where police update the investigation into her daughter's murder. (FOX 17 News)

Investigators have pinpointed the time shots were fired to between 6:05 p.m. and 6:10 p.m. the night of Dec. 3.

There's been 46 tips called to Crime Stoppers, but this heartbreaking story comes without closure at this point.

Chief John Drake said he was shocked to learn of Caitlyn's death and detectives and experts have worked nonstop since the shooting.

Detectives said they were notified about an interstate shooting over the weekend in Washington County, Fla. in which two people were shot and hundreds of rounds of ammunition were found. The men were from Colorado.

“We do not know the travel, the path that they took, if they came through Nashville right now but we are working with them actively,” Det. Chris Dickson said. “Whatever evidence they recover we’ll compare notes, we are working with them and it’s something we’re looking into.”

"Why? Why did you do that to her? She didn’t deserve it."
    Diane Kaufman traveled from Pennsylvania to Nashville after the tragic murder of Caitlyn.

The loss of a life gone much too soon is felt beyond Caitlyn's family, but also to her work family at St. Thomas hospital.

“She was on her way to work to help other people," Kaufman said. "All I’m asking is that the Nashville community that she loved so much come together and help who killed her.”

Ever since high school, Caitlyn's dream was to move to Nashville for pursue her career in nursing. She did just that, eventually accepting a job in the Intensive Care Unit where she worked until her death. Her mom spoke of Caitlyn's compassion for others and spoke through tears when describing her daughter.

"Caitlyn was selfless, she was full of life, she lit up a room as soon as she walked into it," Kaufman said, "She had a contagious laugh, She had beautiful blue eyes. A heart of gold. She found the good."

Kaufman said the nursing community is the strongest community of colleagues she's ever know and they're supporting her family with great strength.

"That’s her work family, she was as close to some of those nurses as she was to her own family. They are devastated just like we are," Kaufman said. "Caitlyn was a very loyal person and when you have the opportunity to be welcomed into her small circle, she was loyal to you forever...you were her chosen family."

A mom in mourning, Kaufman is left trying to put the pieces together and get some closure.

"I can’t wrap my head around it...I don’t understand how someone can take another person’s life like that," Kaufman said. "I’m reaching out to you, I’m pleading as her mother, to please help me find who did this to my daughter. I need closure. I need that to be able to make any sense of this whatsoever.”

Police are urging anyone who was driving on I-440 the night of Caitlyn's murder to call Crime Stoppers at 615-742-7463.

Tip leads to arrest of suspect in murder of Nashville nurse

https://www.wjhl.com/news/regional/t...shville-nurse/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — A tip from a concerned citizen led to the arrest of an East Nashville man in connection with the murder of Saint Thomas West MICU nurse Caitlyn Kaufman.

At a press conference Friday morning, Chief John Drake said MNPD SWAT members arrested 21-year-old Devaunte Hill at 6:15 a.m. Friday at Hill’s East Nashville apartment. Hill is being charged with criminal homicide.

Metro police do not believe Kaufman knew the suspect prior to her death.

Hill was taken into custody without incident. He was taken to Metro police headquarters where he was interviewed by detectives assigned to the case.

According to Chief Drake, Hill made statements to the detectives that implicated him in Kaufman’s murder.

The tip implicating Hill in Kaufman’s murder came into police within an hour of Thursday’s announcement that the reward for information had increased to more than $65,000, $50,000 of which was donated by a coalition of Nashville business owners and entrepreneurs.

“I understand many of those persons involved in the reward are dads who have families in Nashville and love Nashville deeply. I thank them for their contributions,” explained Chief Drake.

A concerned citizen came forward Thursday afternoon, identified Hill as a suspect and provided information on the whereabouts of the 9mm gun used in Kaufman’s murder, according to Chief Drake.

Chief Drake said detectives located the gun and it was immediately inspected by forensic analysists. Analysists also test fired the gun at the crime lab and determined it was a 100% match to the three shell casings found along Interstate 440 the night Kaufman was killed.

Electronic experts were able to identify Hill’s cell phone number and provider, which detectives used to determine he was in the vicinity of the murder scene the night Kaufman was killed.

“While it was a relief to be able to sign the arrest warrant naming Hill at 3:37 [Friday] morning, it was an exceptional relief to be able to call Caitlyn’s mother Diane in Pennsylvania [Friday] morning to tell her that an arrest had been made,” lead Detective Chris Dickerson said. “Throughout this investigation, we have felt the support of all of Nashville, and the strong support of the Kaufman family.”

Diane Kaufman returned to her home in Pennsylvania from Nashville Thursday to prepare for Caitlyn’s funeral Saturday.

Hill has been booked into the Downtown Detention Center on a criminal homicide charge. He is being held without bond pending a hearing.

According to records from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Hill has had multiple run-ins with law enforcement. In April 2018, Hill was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and in May 2018, Hill was charged with failure to be booked.

In January 2020, Hill was arrested and charged with assault that resulted in bodily injury and in August 2020, Hill was charged with driving on a suspended license.

Metro police said other suspects could be arrested in connection with Kaufman’s murder. You can watch the full press conference below.

Kaufman was shot and killed on I-440 last Thursday when someone opened fire on her SUV while she was driving to work. She was just 26 years old.

Investigators determined Kaufman was killed between 6:05 p.m. and 6:10 p.m. when at least six gunshots were fired into her SUV. The fatal shot entered her left shoulder and killed her within 15 seconds, according to the medical examiner.

Authorities believe she died too quickly to attempt to call 911.

A reward of more than $65,000 was offered for information leading to the arrest and successful prosecution of the person(s) responsible for Kaufman’s murder.

There are multiple ways you can donate to help the family of Kaufman. So far, more than $40,000 has been raised to help the family. If you have any information, call 615-742-7463.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I wonder if it was road rage? Random murders pisses me off more than other murders. Especially when it's people who target strangers. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I wonder if it was road rage? Random murders pisses me off more than other murders. Especially when it's people who target strangers. RIP
    That, or maybe mistaken identity?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That, or maybe mistaken identity?
    True, but that makes them even more of a dick. He could've caused a massive car collision if she had lost control and hit another car, and then that car hit another car, and so on and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Wait, so she was shot between 6:05-6:10 PM but they didn't find her on a busy interstate, slumped over the wheel on the side of the road with the engine running for almost 3 hours?! How many hundreds of people passed by her? That makes my heart hurt. I have a 26yo niece named Caitlyn who is a nurse. I know where she is in her life and her career and it's sad to think this Caitlyn had it all taken away in a split second by a total stranger.

Rest in peace, Caitlyn...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

It happens. Some woman ODed in a Roy Rogers parking lot near my house when I was a kid and sat in her car slumped over for 10 days. I even walked past the car without noticing it. The restaurant was always pretty smelly so "dead woman smell" went unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    It happens. Some woman ODed in a Roy Rogers parking lot near my house when I was a kid and sat in her car slumped over for 10 days. I even walked past the car without noticing it. The restaurant was always pretty smelly so "dead woman smell" went unnoticed.
    Ten days?!?!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Yeah, "ten days." That was kind of the reaction from everyone else too. It was a cop who discovered her after he had stopped to get something to eat. I'm not sure how visible she was in the car. The RR was in a crappy area and people were always abandoning cars there.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    Yeah, "ten days." That was kind of the reaction from everyone else too. It was a cop who discovered her after he had stopped to get something to eat. I'm not sure how visible she was in the car. The RR was in a crappy area and people were always abandoning cars there.
    We have a few threads like that on here. The one that comes to mind is a woman in her car in a Walmart parking lot for days.

Girlfriend of second suspect in shooting death of Nashville nurse arrested

https://www.wsmv.com/news/girlfriend...aa7b03846.html

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) - A third person has been arrested on Tuesday in connection with the death of a Nashville nurse while she was driving to work in December.

Metro Police charged 21-year-old Dimeneshia Carter with harboring a fugitive. Carter's arrest comes after the criminal homicide arrest of her boyfriend, 28-year-old James Cowan, for nurse Caitlyn Kaufman's death.

Carter was arrested on Tuesday night at a Hickory Hollow Place apartment complex.

According to Metro Police, Carter was spotted by undercover detectives driving Cowan to the apartment complex from a Sidco Drive motel. TBI and ATF agents along with a police helicopter assisted in this surveillance.

While questioning Carter, police said she "acknowledged staying with Cowan and providing him transportation knowing that he was wanted."

Kaufman, a nurse at St. Thomas, was on her way to work the night of Dec. 3 when she was shot and killed on I-440.

Police said they believe Cowan was in the car with Devaunte Hill, who they say pulled the trigger and killed Kaufman.

Cowan has been arrested several times in the past. News 4 learned he has a criminal history in Nashville dating back to 2010 including drug charges and theft to aggravated robbery and evading arrest.

The second person police say is responsible for Nashville nurse Caitlyn Kaufman's death was arrested on Tuesday night.

"Hopefully, this will be something where he's put away for a long time. We'll see how it goes, but I know everybody has been working hard. We knew about his history. That's what put him on the radar. That's what put him on this radar, and we were able to track him down," Metro Police Detective Chris Dickerson said.

Police say Cowan and Hill knew each other. Cell phone data placed both men in the area when Kaufman was killed, police say. Hill was arrested on Dec. 11 and, according to police, implicated himself in Kaufman's murder.

Man, charged in nurse murder, shot grandmother and other family members in 2016

Juvenile court records obtained by News4 Investigates show Devaunte Hill, now charged in the murder of nurse Caitlyn Kaufman, shot his grandmother and two other family members when he was sixteen years old.

Police said the following items were taken from Carter's rental car:

2 semi-automatic pistols
    126 rounds of ammunition
    1 pound of edible marijuana gummies
    7 ounces of marijuana
    5.3 grams of powder cocaine
    238 Xanax bars
    56 Adderall pills
    Investigators also seized $2,159 from Cowan.

Metro Police do not anticipate any more arrests in this case they do anticipate more charges in connection to those guns and drugs that were found inside that rental car. Carter is being held on a $75,000 bond.

News 4 went by Cowan's home on Wednesday. It appeared someone was there, but they never came to the door.

This case is about to go to the jury:

https://www.wsmv.com/2023/01/30/live...-murder-trial/

The trial of two men charged with the murder of a Nashville nurse while she drove to work in December of 2020 will continue with closing arguments on Monday.

Devaunte Hill and James Cowan are charged with shooting Caitlyn Kaufman on Dec. 3, 2020, while she was driving to work on I-440. A witness testified at a previous hearing that Hill told him he became angry after getting cut off on I-440 and then started shooting.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    This case is about to go to the jury:

https://www.wsmv.com/2023/01/30/live...-murder-trial/
    So it was road rage. WTF.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I simply don't understand people. I mean, killing someone over a traffic incident is insane.

https://www.wsmv.com/2023/01/31/live...-murder-trial/

James Cowan, who driving the car Hill shot from, was acquitted by a Davidson County jury.

When the jury read that James Cowan was not guilty, there was silence from the Kaufman family.

The same thing happened when Hill was found guilty for the lesser charge of second-degree murder.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I mean, she was only an innocent woman on her way to work. Not worth much so, I guess we should feel lucky that they even got that much.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information