Thread: Alexis Sharkey (26) found dead two days after going missing after leaving after an argument with her husband

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

Alexis Sharkey (26) found dead two days after going missing after leaving after an argument with her husband

https://abc13.com/alexis-sharkey-hou...-case/8364343/

A mother is desperately searching for her 26-year-old daughter who has been missing since Friday, according to her family.

Stacey Robinault told Eyewitness News on Sunday she has not spoken with her daughter, Alexis Sharkey, since just before Thanksgiving.

She said the two were discussing Christmas plans on Wednesday.

"[Thanksgiving] was a busy day on her end and our end and so it was just one of those passing, type of 'Love you' things," explained Robinault, who spoke with ABC13 via FaceTime from her home in northwestern Pennsylvania. "Then Friday ... honestly, Friday got away. [It was a] busy day. We never talked, and then she went missing Friday night and I have not seen her or heard from her since."

Since then, no one has heard from Sharkey, according to Robinault.

The mom said she has tried calling Sharkey's phone, but all calls are sent to her voicemail.

Sharkey and her husband recently moved to Houston in January. Robinault said he called the family to let her know she went missing. He hasn't heard from her since Friday.

"We were notified on Saturday that she was missing by her husband," she said. "[He] called us up to let us know, and that's when, of course, any parent goes into full panic mode."

The last time Sharkey was in her hometown in Pennsylvania was last Christmas. Sharkey has two sisters who have also been trying to contact her.

"She would not necessarily contact me every day," said Robinault. "She's kind of got an independent flare, so I just let her live and we just communicate as needed and definitely do. But she has a close-knit group of friends. They've never known her to disappear and I've never known her to not communicate when we reach out to her ... ever. She always has her phone with her. She always responds."

Meanwhile, a Facebook post published by Robinault, which features two photos of Sharkey, has been shared more than 6,000 times.

An Instagram account for Sharkey has more than 12,000 followers and describes her as a mentor based in Houston.

Robinault described Sharkey as having dirty blonde hair with blue eyes with "uniquely placed tattoos," including a shark on her forearm, a rose and several scriptures.

She also goes by the nicknames "Lexis" or "Lex" and drives a white Jeep Rubicon.

The case remains under investigation.

If you have any information about Sharkey, you're asked to call the Houston Police Department and reference case #158281920.

"If anybody has any knowledge or any idea, we would so greatly appreciate it," said Robinault as she held back tears. "She is a smart, beautiful girl that has so much to offer. We need to get her home. We need to find her."

https://abc13.com/alexis-sharkey-hou...-case/8364343/

The body of a missing 26-year-old woman has been found, her family said on Sunday.

Alexis Sharkey went missing on Friday, according to her mother, Stacey Robinault.

In a Facebook post published by Robinault, she wrote, "It's with deeply broken hearts that Mike and I want to let you all know that Lexi's body has been found. We cannot begin to thank you all for your love and the kind words you've extended to our family!"

Details on where her body was found or how she died were not immediately released.
    The case remains under investigation.

If you have any information about Sharkey, you're asked to call the Houston Police Department and reference case #158281920.
    https://heavy.com/news/alexis-sharke...houston-texas/

Alexis Sharkey is a 26-year-old newlywed Houston, Texas, woman who has been found dead after initially vanishing without a trace on Friday, November 27. She worked as a hair and skincare consultant, and her loved ones launched a determined search to find her. “My world! My everything! I’m so lost right now! My one and only!” her husband, Tom Sharkey, wrote on Facebook after news of her death was confirmed.

She was remembered for her intelligence and “contagious energy” at work. One co-worker described her “beautiful spirit.”

Sharkey’s mother, Stacey Clark Robinault, a Pennsylvania teacher, had turned to social media and Texas television stations to share word of her daughter’s disappearance. Sharkey’s husband shared Robinault’s post on his own Facebook page when his wife was missing.

However, Sharkey was found dead.

Sharkey’s mom confirmed the death on social media on November 29. Her mother wrote that Sharkey’s body had been found but didn’t provide details, including a cause of death. She said the family’s hearts are broken and called it an “incredible loss.” The hashtag #justiceforalexis was used by influencers and friends as news of the death spread. Tributes flooded the mother’s Facebook page. “She was seriously a ray of sunshine – lex was looked up to by hundreds of women & girls. Her existence shed a light on everyone she was around. Keeping your family in our prayers,” wrote one person in tribute.
    According to Click2Houston, Sharkey had been in touch with friends around 6 p.m. Friday. “Her mother said there was an argument and she left and didn’t take her car,” the television station reported, but it didn’t report who the argument was with or provide any additional details.

Her friends then filed a police report, and her husband was notified, the TV station reported.

According to True Crime Society, a woman’s body was reported found in Houston “around the same time that news of Alexis’ disappearance was breaking.” A report from ABC13 indicates “a naked woman’s body” was found Saturday morning after a city employee “saw feet in the bushes” while driving “in the 1000 block of Red Haw.” The report from ABC13 indicated there were “no visible injuries” and investigators believed the body had been there all night. Police were looking for surveillance video from nearby businesses, ABC13 reported.
    https://www.instagram.com/alexisshar...ource=ig_embed

https://www.facebook.com/lexi.robinault?hc_location=ufi

I did have to laugh at the comment on her Covid denial FB post about "no more stupid comments from her I guess". Not to speak ill of the dead, but I would have hated her if I knew her IRL. I hate all this 'full of theirselves' influencer BS, and don't get me started on her political and COVID postings.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2020...th_her_husband
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-30-2020 at 11:11 AM.

ugh she was an influencer?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    ugh she was an influencer?
    Yeah, did you look at her IG?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yeah, did you look at her IG?
    No, I hate looking at a bunch of selfies from narcissits. I will next time though.

I thought that influences had like 100,000 or more followers. or is that youtubers? I dont know I cant keep that shit straight.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 11-30-2020 at 11:39 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    No, I hate looking at a bunch of selfies from narcissits. I will next time though.

I thought that influences had like 100,000 or more followers. or is that youtubers? I dont know I cant keep that shit straight.
    Yeah, I would avoid looking at any of these 'influencer' at any time if at all possible. I looked at the first couple of pics and was like, nope, not looking at this bullshit.

I don't know what the official designation is to be an influencer. I think they told the news she was one. Maybe she was just a wannabe. Like I said, I would have hated her IRL I think.

So she's was a 'self-described' influencer.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/30/new-de...lexis-sharkey/

The 26-year-old Houston resident was discovered around 8:30 a.m. Saturday morning — less than 24 hours after she’d last been seen — by city workers who’d been driving down the street and spotted her, according to the Houston Police Department and KHOU 11.

Sharkey’s nude body, which had no visible wounds, was found on the side of the I-10 service road close to a four-star hotel and just three miles from her apartment, which is right off the same thoroughfare where she’d been found, according to police and records.

Sharkey — a self-described mentor who boasted 21,000 followers on Instagram — often posted about her husband Tom Sharkey, who she married last year but was having issues with, KHOU 11 reported.

“Recently, she opened up to us about it and divorce was being filed,” Tanya Ricardo, one of Alexis’s best friends, told the outlet Monday.

“She was a very private person. She didn’t share a lot about what was going on at home.”
    um, did her friend not remember the part about where she let it all hang out on IG to get likes?

Late Sunday, Robinault announced her daughter’s remains were found, a few hours after she gave an interview about the disappearance where she indicated Alexis was yet to be discovered.

The new details also raise questions about the HPD’s investigation — husband Tom, 49, wrote on Instagram late Sunday he’d been helping deputies locate his wife but it’s not clear if he was notified of the body that was found close to his home Saturday morning.

“I just want to say this! While some of you were posting on social media helping us locate my world! And we appreciate all your help, Love and support! Others were waisting [sic] time talking about other things. Basically crap talk! And if my wife would of seen this she would be disappointed in your actions! You all should be ashamed of yourselves!” Tom wrote on his Instagram story after internet sleuths accused him of having something to do with Alexis’s disappearance.

“I have been assisting the deputies and making phone calls to fine [sic] out what happened to my wife. Next time…. stop and think! And realize! You don’t know it all!”

When the HPB public information officer was asked about the timeline discrepancy, he said only: “That’s why there’s an ongoing investigation going on right now.”

Alexis Sharkey was reportedly ‘mentor’ at a possible pyramid scheme

https://nypost.com/2020/12/07/alexis...scheme-report/

Instagram star Alexis Sharkey, who was found dead near her Houston home, worked for a company that sold shoddy hair products and was labeled by some as a “pyramid scheme,” reports said Monday.

The 26-year-old was a “mentor” for the beleaguered Florida-based hair and skin care product company Monat, which has faced a series of lawsuits for deceptive marketing and selling products that led to hair loss, balding and itching, Fox News reported.

In 2019, the Guardian reported that Monat was a multi-level marketing scheme “akin to pyramid schemes” where a handful of people at the top reap thousands from workers at the bottom, who recruit others to work under them and take a cut of the profits.

Brittney Pember, a work friend of Sharkey’s at Monat, told KHOU 11 the influencer “worked her butt off” to reach the status of executive director at the company.

Monat has been labeled a “scam” and has faced a slew of complaints from the Better Business Bureau and the USDA dating back to 2015, a year after the company was founded, Fox News reported.

In September, Monat was forced to promise it wouldn’t conduct deceptive sales and marketing practices in an agreement signed with Florida’s attorney general, which also required more than $80,000 in customer refunds because of the harmful products, the outlet said.

The agreement came after three class-action lawsuits accused the company of fraud and deception, KTNV reported.

“An inherent design and/or manufacturing defect in Monat hair care products causes significant hair loss and scalp irritation to many consumers,” one of the suits alleged.

Investigators are still working to figure out what happened to Sharkey after her nude body was found on the side of a busy road on the morning of Nov. 28 — not even 24 hours after she went missing following an apparent fight with her husband.

Friends previously said Sharkey was scared for her life and planning to divorce husband Tom Sharkey, but the 49-year-old pushed back on those allegations last week, saying Alexis may have been unhappy and stressed, but it wasn’t related to their marriage.

Sharkey’s autopsy and cause of death were still pending as of Monday morning and investigators have yet to rule out foul play.

I bet it was the husband.

I've heard of Monat, but have never wanted to try it, because of the whole hair falling out thing.
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    She was a republican. Didn't believe that the Coronavirus was as severe and she believed that DeSantis is doing a good job.

Annnnyyywwaayy I'm having leftover pizza for dinner. What are you guys having?

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    She was a republican. Didn't believe that the Coronavirus was as severe and she believed that DeSantis is doing a good job.

Annnnyyywwaayy I'm having leftover pizza for dinner. What are you guys having?
    One less Trump supporter is good news to me. Her Facebook was a bit annoying.
    I'm not sure what's for dinner. I'm taking my son to the zoo to look at Christmas lights.
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

I don't get the whole "influencer" thing either. Just who are they "influencing" anyway? Like, nothing about her IG or FB made me want to run out and buy any of the products she was flaunting.

Beautiful woman though, and she certainly didn't deserve to end up naked and dead alongside a road. I hope they find who did this, may she rest in peace....
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

https://abc13.com/alexis-sharkey-dea...Iz6aUp38_pyI5w

Loved ones held a private viewing for Alexis Sharkey on Friday in Pennsylvania. Close friends described the viewing for the Instagram sensation as intimate, emotional and difficult.

Ally Cale shared video from inside the viewing. It showed candles lit in front of pictures of their beloved friend. Christmas lights adorned the table with a portrait of Alexis on display. Cale told ABC13 they're simultaneously grieving and searching for justice.

"We're trying to figure out what this new normal is for us without her being here," said Cale. "It was something that Lexi ... I feel like would have been proud of. Just how everyone came together, how close and intimate it was."

Cale said friends and family were able to see Sharkey one last time at the viewing. She said Alexis' family plans on having a big memorial next year.

Cale revealed Sharkey's husband Tom wasn't invited to the viewing.

Cale said there was a delay in getting Alexis' body home to Pennsylvania over next-of-kin issues. The Harris County Medical Examiner would not confirm details of any dispute, referring us to the legal process for releasing a body. Records initially showed Alexis' husband as next-of-kin. They now show her parents.

"Her family didn't invite him. They didn't want him there. That's why it was kept so secret, so he wouldn't get word about what was going on," said Cale.

Eyewitness News reached out again to Tom Sharkey for comment. So far, he hasn't responded to our requests.

Reporter Steve Campion spoke with him earlier this month. Sharkey insisted their marriage was happy and strong. He said Alexis' social media portrayal wasn't an accurate depiction. He said she wasn't that happy person seen on Instagram.

Alexis' close friends again told Campion she expressed concerns about her marriage as early as August. She didn't want to be at home and said in text messages the relationship left her with anxiety.

They said that was true at Thanksgiving, just before her disappearance.
    John Richardson works as a supervisor in the City of Houston's Solid Waste Department. He said the Thanksgiving holiday pushed back service to the weekend, which is why a garbage truck driver was picking up in the area of Red Haw Street.

Richardson spoke out to Campion about the disturbing discovery.

"(The employee) called me and said, 'Man, I think see a body but I'm for not sure, or a mannequin or something,'" said Richardson. "He really didn't know because he didn't stop."

Richardson told the employee to continue his pickups and that he'd go out to look for himself with a co-worker. Richardson soon discovered the naked body of Alexis Sharkey.

"So we're looking and we see feet. The feet were in the road," said Richardson. "Man, I'm just devastated. I'm looking at a human being lying there dead. It kind of shook me up a bit. We can't help her. We can't bring her back."

RELATED: Woman found dead on side of road in west Houston

Richardson told Campion he can't stop thinking about the horrible situation. He called the find bizarre, and said Sharkey wasn't wearing a single piece of clothing. She looked like someone delicately placed her in the brush along the road.

"It plays back in my head every day. I constantly see her lying there. It plays back in my head," said Richardson. "It's like she just got out of the tub. Her body was clean. There was nothing on her body. Her body was clean."

Richardson is convinced someone is responsible.

"She kind of was in the fetal position ... in the way that the body was laid. I think somebody actually laid her there. They didn't just throw her out," said Richardson. "It's just a mystery at this moment. I hope they find out who did it and bring justice ... so that at least the family and friends can be at ease."

Richardson said he didn't see any visible injuries or wounds to the body.

Dying sure got her a lot more followers.

Over on this YT channel, they suspect her husband (comments):

You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information