Thread: Bay Area Rapper Lil Yase Shot Dead at 25, Mysterious Circumstances

Bay Area Rapper Lil Yase Shot Dead at 25, Mysterious Circumstances

https://www.facebook.com/lilyase600/

https://www.instagram.com/yasemoney600/

https://twitter.com/lilyase600

https://www.tmz.com/2020/11/28/bay-a...san-francisco/

Lil Yase -- an up-and-coming Bay Area rapper -- was shot and killed this weekend in what amounts to a mysterious murder with no explanation thus far ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Yase tell us ... he was, indeed, shot early Saturday morning -- and his body was discovered somewhere in the southern section of the East Bay ... which is miles away from where he was last seen.

Our sources tell us Yase was hanging out with his crew late Friday night at a recording studio in Marin County -- slightly north of San Francisco -- and left on his own at one point around 11:30 or midnight, telling his buddies he'd be right back.

We're told no more than an hour and a half later, word came in that Yase had been shot dead somewhere in the East Bay -- which is damn near an hour away by freeway, depending on what part of town you head to down there.

We're told folks in Yase's inner circle are dumbfounded -- as he had no known enemies and had done nothing they can see leading to something like this. Our sources say Yase might've played tough in his music, but in reality ... all he was really about was rapping, promoting his label (Highway 420 Productions) and labelmates, and gaming. That's it ... he had no beef with anyone anywhere, we're told.

He had just posted a photo of himself on Friday, showing his Thanksgiving festivities ... with a caption that read, "If my n**** trippin den I’m trippin it’s up wit UNK���� #HappyThanksGivin��" It's his last post on IG -- and has since gotten tons of tributes from fellow artists in the Bay Area and beyond in the comments.

Yase started releasing music as young as 18 years old, but truly burst onto the scene with his single "Get It In" in 2015 -- which he went on to create a remix of that garnered even more national attention the following year.

He released a string of hits that racked up hundreds of thousands of views on YouTube over the years -- including songs like "No Diss," "Demon," "What You Mean," "Yeah Yeah," "Furl," "Bum B****," "Mad," "Workin" and many others.

Yase collaborated with artists such as Yalla, A.B. Milli, Cash Kidd, G-Val, That Boy Tyson, Stunna June, IamSu!, Shoreline Mafia and several other musicians, both local and otherwise.

We've reached out to Alameda County to confirm Yase's body is in their possession, and if any suspects have been apprehended -- so far ... no word back.

Lil Yase -- a Sunnydale native -- was only 25 years old. RIP
    Last edited by up2trouble; 11-28-2020 at 06:19 PM.

Mysterious circumstances? Nope, it's 2020 and he's a rapper. Case closed.

https://heavy.com/entertainment/lil-yase-death/

Mark Antonyyo Alexander is the real name for Lil Yase

Rapper Lil Yase, whose real name was Mark Antonyyo Alexander, has died, according to multiple of his friends? messages and posts on Instagram. He was 25.

Heavy has reached out to his record label, 420 Highway Productions, for comment. On Saturday afternoon, they thanked fans for all the love and messages of support on Instagram.

Yase was shot and killed on the morning of November 28, sources told TMZ, however, the questions of how and why remain a mystery. The rapper was last seen hanging out with his crew at the recording studio in Marin County but left on his own around 11:30 p.m. He told his buddies that he?d be right back.

The ?No Diss? rapper?s body was found in the southern section of East Bay, TMZ reported, ?miles away from where he was last seen.?

Those who left ?RIP? messages on Yase?s official Instagram page include Derek King, Slimmy B., Einer Bankz and director Jeremiah Messiah, the latter of whom shared his own Instagram video with the caption, ?I?ll never forget the times brother @yasemoney600 May the Most High resurrect your soul !?

Messiah wrote in another post, ?Rest In Peace to one of the coolest funniest dudes I ever met. He was different but he was himself and he always looked out and gave me more money than I asked for recording or anything. And he offered to buy me a new laptop when I got hit. My n**** forever a real one !?

Here?s what you need to know about Lil Yase:

Yase Was Born & Raised in Sunnydale, California

Originally from Sunnydale, California, a neighborhood located in San Francisco, Yase kicked off his rap career at age 18, when he started using a borrowed iPad to make his own videos for his songs, according to AllMusic.com. He began to earn national attention after he released the hit single ?Get It In,? which he followed up with a series of popular tracks such as ?Bum B****,? ?Furl? and ?Worst Way.?

Lil Yase tells the story on how he got his name || Thizzler.com InterviewSlap "Broke B!tch" by Lil Yase & Yatta: http://www.thizzler.com/blog/2016/9/...od-dave-o.html @LilYase600 probably has folks asking how he got his name all the time. Luckily he shared the story about how he found his name the last time he visited us at HQ. Check out the ironic story above. Want more Bay Area music? http://www.thizzler.com is updated?2016-10-07T18:00:01Z

After Yase dropped the music video for his song ?Demon? on Halloween in 2019, a submission to Elevator magazine touted his rapping skills. ?Yase has such an infectious yet conventional west coast flow that you cannot help but bob your head along to this quick banger,? the review said.

Yase released his first mixtape in 2016 entitled From the Block to Alot and in 2017, he worked with rapper G-Val to release a collaborative mixtape, What a Time to Grind 2. In December 2019, he released his first album, Sorry for the Heat, and his latest record, Kobe, was released in July 2020.

Yase Credited G-Val For Helping Him Quit Drinking Lean

The rapper revealed in an interview with Thizzler on the Roof that he had been heading down the wrong path, missing shows and feeling lazy, drinking Lean ? which is also known as Purple Drank and Sizzurp.

Lean is a liquid concoction made of cough syrup, hard candy, soda and codeine, according to addictioncenter.com.

?He kept me on my toes during that little time,? Yase said of G-Val. ?I really wasn?t making no music. I was missing meetings ? all I was doing sip the Lean all day, probably playing video games, smoking weed, eating, not recording ? that?s some lazy s*** ? So, I had to finally kick the cup.?

G-Val, Lil Yase ? Bozo (Animated Video)Music video by G-Val, Lil Yase performing Bozo (Animated Video). 2017 Spunkzgang / YSMG / EMPIRE http://vevo.ly/QP08gH2017-07-14T17:00:00Z

In 2017, G-Val and Yase released an animated video for their song ?Bozo,? a track featured on their mixtape What a Time to Grind 2.

Yase Helped Propel Rapper Yatta as 1 of the ?5 Under-the-Radar Rappers from the Bay Area You Should Know About?
    Lil Yase x Yatta ? Get It In"Get It In" ft. Lil Yase & Yatta ITUNES: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/do...-3/id988546312 LIKE US ON FACEBOOK FOR UPDATES: https://www.facebook.com/TheOriginal.Philthy.Phil FOLLOW US ON SOUNDCLOUD: https://soundcloud.com/philthyyphil FOLLOW ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/PhilthyyPhil2015-04-29T07:39:31Z

In 2018, Fader released an article about the five biggest up-and-coming rappers from San Francisco, a list which included Yatta, who appears on Yase?s 2015 breakout hit single ?Get It In.? The 2016 remix of the song featuring G-Val, Lil Blood, Nef the Pharaoh and Mozzy, has garnered more than 3.3 million views on YouTube.

The duo also collaborated on the song ?Foolin? featuring DJ Spunks, and ?Bum B****.? For those wondering why Yase continued to grow in popularity while Yatta?s career seemed to stall, Fader?s Tyrese Johnson explained:

? due to a string of stints in jail, Yatta could never fully capitalize on the record?s momentum. Even today, the rapper, whose high-pitched and aggressive delivery has been mimicked and repurposed on songs by other local acts, sits in a prison cell serving a hefty sentence. That hasn?t stopped the celebrated emcee from engaging with fans through freestyles on Instagram, singles, and guest features recorded from behind the walls. ? Until he?s back on the streets and in the studio, fans have steadfastly called for his release with the hashtag and phrase, ?#FreeYatta til it?s backwards.?

Yase continued to hype Yatta after he was arrested. ?You been hearing his lil freestyles? He?s been getting 100,000 views and s*** on this s***,? Yase said. ?Jail is like a muthaf***** booster,? he added with a laugh. ?You go to jail and you go up. You get out and go up. It?s basically like free promotion.?

Yase Released His ?Big One? Music Video a Week Before His Death
    Lil Yase, NHL Reesey4 ? Big One (Official Video)Music video by Lil Yase, NHL Reesey4 performing Big One (Official Video). 2020 Highway 420 Productions http://vevo.ly/dmQAzr2020-11-17T21:54:08Z

Yase released the official music video for the song ?Big One? on November 17, which was produced by his company 420 Highway Productions and features NHL Reesey4. While the song didn?t blow up right away, fan comments on the official video?s YouTube page questioned why. One woman wrote, ?This song should be doing numbers. i always have this on repeat everyday.?

Just one day before his death, Yase shared Thanksgiving greetings on Instagram, where he had garnered more than 110,000 followers.

Dressed in a sweatshirt and sporting an Oakland A?s baseball cap he wrote, ?If my n**** trippin den I?m trippin it?s up wit UNK #HappyThanksGivin.?

Tributes Filled Social Media Following Yase?s Sudden Death

Fans, friends and collaborators took to social media to share tributes to the young rapper on Instagram and Twitter. AKA Frank shared a photo of Yase on his Instagram page and wrote, ?Dam bra .. we used to record twice a week for 4 months straight ? Yo energy unmatched bro always good vibes. this ain?t even right man .. I?m hurt ? rest easy.?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Mysterious circumstances? Nope, it's 2020 and he's a rapper. Case closed.
    I think it's considered mysterious because he left saying he would be right back (almost like he was stepping out for a minute) and then an hour and a half later he is dead, an hour away from where he originally was. Wonder what transpired?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I think it's considered mysterious because he left saying he would be right back (almost like he was stepping out for a minute) and then an hour and a half later he is dead, an hour away from where he originally was. Wonder what transpired?
    I was just being a smartass.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Studio gangsta meets a real gangsta and finds the fuck out. I don't understand why these people have to front. They have a death wish.

He was probably robbed. Some criminals target recording studios.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...-bart-station/

Update Lil Yase was killed at the Dublin, CA BART station.

DUBLIN (CBS SF) — Bay Area rapper ‘Lil Yase’ died from multiple wounds suffered in an early Saturday morning shooting in a neighborhood near the East Dublin BART Station, authorities said.

Dublin police confirmed the identity of the victim, who was also known as Alexander Mark Antonyyo. He lived in San Francisco.

His label — Highway 420 Productions — took to Instagram to announce ‘Lil Yase’ death to his fans.

“We appreciate all the love and support,” the label posted. “Yase loved his fans, he worked every day for y’all.”

Investigators said officers responded to a call at 1 a.m. Saturday from Valley Care Medical Center in Pleasanton reporting a victim being treated for multiple gunshot wounds.

Antonyyo was transported via ambulance to Eden Medical Center in Castro Valley where he later succumbed to his injuries.

Initial information led officers to believe the shooting may have occurred near the East Dublin BART Station. Officers searched the area surrounding the East Dublin BART Station and located a crime scene on the 5100 block of Iron Horse Parkway. An intense search for a possible suspect in the area came up empty.

Dublin police detectives along with the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office Crime Lab were summoned to the scene to collect evidence and begin the investigation.

This is an on-going investigation while we continue to conduct interviews and process evidence. We ask the public to contact the Dublin Police with any information which may assist with this investigation.

Thread Information