Thread: Mildred Alexis Old Crow (8) found dead on the Crow Reservation two years after she was last seen

Mildred Alexis Old Crow (8) found dead on the Crow Reservation two years after she was last seen

https://www.krtv.com/news/fbi-issues...-montana-child

GREAT FALLS ? The Bureau of Indian Affairs and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are asking for the public?s help locating Mildred Alexis Old Crow, age 8, of the Crow Indian Reservation.

The FBI said in a news release on Wednesday that the search for Mildred began on November 19, 2020, when Mildred?s non-custodial relatives notified BIA Law Enforcement at Crow Agency that they had not seen the child since July of 2018. Subsequent investigation revealed that Mildred was last seen in March of 2019 on the Crow Indian Reservation, in the care of her Crow Tribal Court-appointed guardian.

Mildred has brown hair, brown eyes, and is small in stature for her age

A Missing Endangered Person Advisory (MEPA) was issued by the Montana Department of Justice for Mildred at 1:30 pm on Wednesday. The advisory states that it is possible Mildred has physical injuries.

The joint missing persons investigation is being conducted by the BIA MMIP Cold Case unit in Billings, the FBI, the Big Horn County Sheriff?s Office, and the Billings Police Department.

No other details have been released at this point.

Anyone with information is asked to call BIA Law Enforcement at Crow Agency at 406-638-2631 or the FBI at 801-579-1400.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Off topic, but who names a kid Mildred these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Homegirl hasn't been seen for a year and a half and now someone's coming to say "Ummm, yeah, about Mildred?" What the fuck???
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Off topic, but who names a kid Mildred these days?
    All those horrible old fashioned names are popular again. I don't understand it. Every little girl I know is named something super old fashioned like Charlotte, Abigail, Evelyn, Eleanor, Hannah, Hazel, Stella, Audrey, etc. Those are names of my grandparent's friends...but here they are, popular again. I would be super pissed if my parents named me something like this.

Hope little Mildred is found safe, but as Kevan said, who waits all that time to report a child missing?

ETA: my apologies if you, your kid, your sister, your friend, your friend's sister's kid or anyone you know is named any of these names. Then they are lovely and a homage to the past.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-28-2020 at 09:49 AM.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-...-year-old-girl

Salt Lake division of the FBI is looking for Mildred

MONTANA — The Salt Lake City office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation tweeted out an alert Wednesday about a missing child who hasn't been seen since 2018.

Mildred Old Crow was last seen in April 2018 on the Crow Indian Reservation in Montana, but authorities weren't notified the 8-year-old was missing until last week.

The FBI says non-custodial relatives made them aware of the girl's disappearance and are now asking anyone with information to contact their office at (801) 579-1400 or (406) 638-2631
    Damn 2.5 years since Mildred went missing???? But she was reported missing on 11/19/2020 according to the FBI.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    All those horrible old fashioned names are popular again. I don't understand it. Every little girl I know is named something super old fashioned like Charlotte, Abigail, Evelyn, Eleanor, Hannah, Hazel, Stella, Audrey, etc. Those are names of my grandparent's friends...but here they are, popular again. I would be super pissed if my parents named me something like this.

Hope little Mildred is found safe, but as Kevan said, who waits all that time to report a child missing?

ETA: my apologies if you, your kid, your sister, your friend, your friend's sister's kid or anyone you know is named any of these names. Then they are lovely and a homage to the past.
    You want to talk old fashioned, I'd hate to be named Eugena, Gertrude, Edna, Gladys, Miriam, etc.
    Sorry for you poor souls with those awful names. I'm sure your great great grandma is so proud that someone hated their child so much to be named one of those names.
    Would you like a butterscotch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    You want to talk old fashioned, I'd hate to be named Eugena, Gertrude, Edna, Gladys, Miriam, etc.
    Sorry for you poor souls with those awful names. I'm sure your great great grandma is so proud that someone hated their child so much to be named one of those names.
    Would you like a butterscotch?
    Curious Catty!

Omg I know so many little girls with those names

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Omg I know so many little girls with those names
    Every little girl has those names right now. I don't understand it. If I had my way it would be classified as child abuse.

Poor child. I get you about the old fashioned names, but there are so many of them that the grown up little Charlottes and Hannahs won't find anything odd about their names. Can't swing a cat without hitting an Emma, it's Heather all over again.

My niece is a 40 something year old Heather and she went crazy trying to find names that no one else in her kids class would have.

I wonder how many little Hillary's and Kamala's are going to be running around? And how few Donald's.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

https://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...8a25be3e9.html

The body of an eight-year-old girl who has been missing for more than a year has been found on the Crow Indian Reservation.

Mildred Old Crow, 8, was last seen in the care of her Tribal Court-appointed guardian on the reservation in March 2019 and was reported missing in November 2020.

The Big Horn County Coroner has not officially released the identity of the person found on Wednesday near Garryowen.

Crow Chairman Frank White Clay wrote in a statement, identifying Mildred as the person discovered Wednesday, that he hoped she receives justice.

"Our hearts ache for the family and I lift them up in prayer. The entire community felt the loss when Mildred went missing and we feel it again today. My hope is that we can find closure, grieve together, and work to ensure that children are protected and supported on the Crow reservation and beyond. We want justice for this child and for all of the victims of the epidemic of people missing from reservations across the country," White Clay wrote.

Details surrounding Mildred's recovery are unclear. Calls to the Big Horn County Sheriff's Office were not immediately returned Thursday.

A spokesperson with the FBI declined to comment and would not say if the agency was investigating the death.

The Bureau of Indian Affairs did not respond to an email or phone call requesting additional information on Mildred's death or circumstances surrounding her discovery.

Relatives of Mildred informed the BIA at Crow Agency in mid-November that they had not seen her since July 2018, the FBI said last year.

The FBI could not comment on where exactly the girl was staying with her guardian when she went missing in 2019.

Two women were arrested in December in Billings in connection with the missing girl.
    This is an article about the arrests, I never saw them when it happened.

https://billingsgazette.com/news/loc...718239d2a.html

Two women have been charged with child endangerment in connection with an eight-year-old girl who has been missing for more than a year.

Mildred Old Crow, 8, was last seen while in the care of her Tribal Court-appointed guardian on the Crow Indian Reservation in March 2019.

Veronica Tierza Dust, 34, and Roseen Lincoln Old Crow, 34, both face a misdemeanor charge of endangering the welfare of a child in Crow Tribal Court, which holds a maximum sentence of 6 months in jail and $2,500 fine.

They were arraigned Tuesday in Big Horn County District Court and did not waive extradition back to Crow Tribal Court. Both posted a $1,000 bond on Wednesday.

According to the complaint filed in Crow Tribal Court, both women were granted informal custodianship over Mildred in March 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Poor child. I get you about the old fashioned names, but there are so many of them that the grown up little Charlottes and Hannahs won't find anything odd about their names. Can't swing a cat without hitting an Emma, it's Heather all over again.
    https://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/decades/
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

https://www.ktvq.com/news/crime-watc...ing-child-case

More than two years after a young Big Horn County girl went missing, and nearly two months after authorities recovered a child's body from an old camper on the Crow Reservation, two women have been tried and sentenced.

Crow Tribal Prosecutor David Sibley said Tuesday that Veronica Tierza Dust and Roseen Lincoln Old Crow, both 34, were tried and sentenced Monday in the case of Mildred Old Crow.

Sibley said both women were found guilty of endangering the welfare of a child and custodial interference, and both were sentenced to 18 months in jail and fined $2,000.

In February, Tribal Chair Frank White Clay confirmed that 8-year-old Mildred Old Crow's body was found and recovered from a camper near Garryowen.

Dust and Lincoln Old Crow were captured as fugitives in Billings on Dec. 23, 2020.

The Crow Tribe had issued warrants a week before their capture, stating the women “failed to produce the child. Nor was any proof of life provided.”

Sibley said both women are now in the custody of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.

Big Horn County Attorney Jay Harris said Tuesday the matter remains under investigation when asked if his office was considering charges against the women.

Harris said he does plan to review the tribal courtroom testimony from Monday’s trial. It was also not immediately clear if the women face possible federal charges.

I haven't had a chance to listen to this, but it's on my tbl list.
    https://www.kulr8.com/podcasts/vanis...4d8757e0e.html
    In a breaking episode of Vanished: A Native American Epidemic, we dive into a major development in the case of Mildred Old Crow.

Mildred was identified as missing on Nov. 25, 2020 by the FBI and BIA, after some family members reported that she had not been seen since July of 2018.

Two women who were Mildred's court-appointed guardians were charged with endangering the welfare of a child by the Crow Tribe in connection to Mildred's disappearance.

On Feb. 17 the body of a child was found on the Reservation. The Big Horn County Sheriff?s Office says available evidence strongly suggests the body is that of Mildred Old Crow.

This breaking episode of Vanished shares more details surrounding Mildred's disappearance.

It is important to note that at this time, the body has not conclusively been identified as Mildred, pending DNA testing.

A GoFundMe has been organized by the non-profit Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women USA to cover funeral expenses for the family.
    Vanished Cover image

You can download and listen to the episode here. https://www.spreaker.com/user/khq-tv...ldred-old-crow

The podcast is also available for streaming on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.

Episodes of Vanished are released every other Tuesday.

Two women who were sentenced in tribal court and jailed on misdemeanor charges in the case of a young girl whose body was found on the Crow Indian Reservation have been named as suspects in the child?s death.

Authorities have not said how they believe Mildred Alexis Old Crow died. Her body was found in February near Garryowen, near the Montana-Wyoming border.

Veronica Tierza Dust and Roseen Lincoln Old Crow were arrested in December on child endangerment charges when they could not produce evidence Mildred was alive. They were named by Harris Thursday as suspects in an investigation into the girl?s death by state and federal law enforcement.

https://www.newscenter1.tv/2-named-a...w-reservation/

Thread Information