Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lynsey Moore (20) allegedly drowned in the bathtub after overdosing

Re: Lynsey Moore (20) allegedly drowned in the bathtub after overdosing

No- that was directed at the "bitter" comment from the noob!

But they DO say that it is natural for humans to treat good looking humans better.  And actaully, I did read the Shick thread, and there were more people defending her than not (at least for the about 10 pages I looked at).  Most of the really snarky comments came from those drive-by type of posters that say some smart ass comment and disappear.

[quote author=alliekat link=topic=8339.msg435554#msg435554 date=1182967117]
    I hate how she's like, candidly giving advice on how to have an eating disorder without feeling too crappy all the time.  I shudder to think that anyone actually took that advice.  If there are only a certain number of days a week that you eat AT ALL, you have a serious problem.  She cut back her eating to twice a week- like it's quitting smoking or something.  How ridiculous! 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we found out she had a heart attack.  A diet of Redbull and nothing is a true recipe for disaster.  Redbull is like gasoline for humans.

[/quote]

It's not at all uncommon for people suffering from eating disorders to share techniques on how to do it better while hiding the danger signs.  Group therapy especially is conducive to technique sharing.  Entire web communities are devoted to this information.  Disturbing, yes.  Sick, yes.  But unusual, no. 

As for her getting respect for her being attractive. 

I think she is weird looking.  Suri's relative maybe.

Seriously, I am seriously missing the "beauty" of this girl.

[quote author=s0ggysh0es link=topic=8339.msg441502#msg441502 date=1183358436]

[/quote]

Seriously?  :lol:  So am I.  Superficiality makes the most attractive people unattractive IMO.  But, that's just me.

"We forfeit three-fourths of ourselves in order to be like other people." - Sean Kennedy

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=s0ggysh0es link=topic=8339.msg441502#msg441502 date=1183358436]

[/quote]I thought it was just me.
    She's not attractive, and she sounds like an idiot.

Well, basing that on the LJ stuff I've seen here.
    If I knew her, I would probably hate her.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

attractive or not [s]she's[/s] was photogenic....
    Innocence: I am only stepping on your face because it lies in my path.

[quote author=aquatwins link=topic=8339.msg432423#msg432423 date=1182833540]
    bout to say I see model written all over her
    such a shame.
    maybe she did'nt feel like she deserved to
    be successful she pulled her own plug goddamn it.
    [/quote]

Perhaps a wiser choice would have been to pull the bathtub plug. 

[quote author=MorbidlyLovely link=topic=8339.msg436125#msg436125 date=1182992035]
    I would expect the bathtub to be the LAST place a smelly hobo would meet his demise.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
    [/quote]

bwhahaha touche

[quote author=apricotbaby link=topic=8339.msg441538#msg441538 date=1183377447]
    Seriously?  :lol:  So am I.  Superficiality makes the most attractive people unattractive IMO.  But, that's just me.
    [/quote]

tru dat. i totally agree. I've met ppl who I thought were gorgeous, until they opened their mouths...and other people who maybe didn't catch my eye right away, but after getting to know them, they became beautiful/cute/handsome....

In a random side note...I looked at the Lori Shick notice and uh...

Lori was in a "swinger" relationship with Dan and Donna.
    Um. She mos def was NOT in a swinger relationship with me and my ex-asshole bf. Lolz. I'm so tired.

[quote author=nerysinci link=topic=8339.msg443034#msg443034 date=1183442926]
    tru dat. i totally agree. I've met ppl who I thought were gorgeous, until they opened their mouths...and other people who maybe didn't catch my eye right away, but after getting to know them, they became beautiful/cute/handsome....

[/quote]

Precisely.  Nothing annoys me more than someone who thinks they're hotter than they really are, too.  :roll:

"We forfeit three-fourths of ourselves in order to be like other people." - Sean Kennedy

[quote author=apricotbaby link=topic=8339.msg443048#msg443048 date=1183443555]
    Precisely.  Nothing annoys me more than someone who thinks they're hotter than they really are, too.  :roll:
    [/quote]

I have this habit. I don't really mean to do it. But I tend to zone in to the weirdest looking part of someone who is "hot"...and on the most attractive features of "ugly" people. I have no idea when this started but I do it all the time. Usually only to mean/idiot hot people and really sweet/funny/etc not-so-hot people. I'm weird.

[quote author=nerysinci link=topic=8339.msg443050#msg443050 date=1183443687]
    I have this habit. I don't really mean to do it. But I tend to zone in to the weirdest looking part of someone who is "hot"...and on the most attractive features of "ugly" people. I have no idea when this started but I do it all the time. Usually only to mean/idiot hot people and really sweet/funny/etc not-so-hot people. I'm weird.
    [/quote]

I don't think that's weird at all.  I find myself doing the same things.  When someone has already set me off (who is admittedly attractive) and they have some sort of physical flaw, that is how I remember them.  Not by being good looking but by "So-and-so with the really crappy attitude and huge honker".  There are also a lot of far-from-perfect totally awesome people I know that I am constantly showering with compliments about something gorgeous about themselves.

It's all relative, I guess. 

[quote author=apricotbaby link=topic=8339.msg443064#msg443064 date=1183444071]
    I don't think that's weird at all.  I find myself doing the same things.  When someone has already set me off (who is admittedly attractive) and they have some sort of physical flaw, that is how I remember them.  Not by being good looking but by "So-and-so with the really crappy attitude and huge honker".  There are also a lot of far-from-perfect totally awesome people I know that I am constantly showering with compliments about something gorgeous about themselves.

It's all relative, I guess.   
    [/quote]That's a great way to look at it. Both you and Nery. I feel the same way.......

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=8339.msg443632#msg443632 date=1183488055]
    That's a great way to look at it. Both you and Nery. I feel the same way.......
    [/quote]

That's because you aren't superficial bitches. 

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=8339.msg443632#msg443632 date=1183488055]
    That's a great way to look at it. Both you and Nery. I feel the same way.......
    [/quote]

Thanks Ron.   

I just think it takes so much energy being superficial that can be directed elsewhere.  I mean, do people seriously want to be seen like that?  And, quite obviously, it's really hard to keep up with all the pressures I'm sure.  Which is probably why some of these young people get so depressed and down on themselves and resort to this type of (for lack of a better term) behavior.

Lighten up.  Trying to be so perfect and being so critical about others only makes you less likable.

Again, RIP Lynsey. 

[quote author=apricotbaby link=topic=8339.msg443652#msg443652 date=1183488557]

Thanks Ron.   

I just think it takes so much energy being superficial that can be directed elsewhere.  I mean, do people seriously want to be seen like that?  And, quite obviously, it's really hard to keep up with all the pressures I'm sure.  Which is probably why some of these young people get so depressed and down on themselves and resort to this type of (for lack of a better term) behavior.

Lighten up.  Trying to be so perfect and being so critical about others only makes you less likable.

Again, RIP Lynsey. 
    [/quote]

I think some people don't mind being seen like that.  And it's odd too, because it's not usually the VERY "attractive" who are the most critical.  It's the average girl who puts a ton of effort into her appearance and surrounds herself with people who tell her she's hot. 

RIP Lynsey

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=8339.msg443639#msg443639 date=1183488227]
    [/quote]It's also just easier for me to point out flaws in assholes.
    Well, not literal assholes, I mean people that act like jerks.

But when someone is nice, it really is easier to remember the nice things about their appearance.

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=8339.msg443639#msg443639 date=1183488227]

[/quote]

It also betrays insecurity.  A kind of resentment at someone for being attractive which you can only temper by scouring them for flaws.  Very bizarre.
    I don't change people's karma, I think that's gay.

[quote author=yaoipowy link=topic=8339.msg435972#msg435972 date=1182986988]
    Why is it that because this girl was attractive she merits some kind of respect or that her death is considered a tragedy.  She was obviously an idiot and she got what she deserved.  You wouldn't mourn the death of a smelly cracked out hobo if he died in bathtub from an overdose.  You wouldn't look at pictures of his bearded leathery hobo face and be like "Oh, poor lovely homeless man why did he have to die so young.  He touched so many lives, RIP."  Im sure this girl was a huge waste of space good ridance.
    [/quote]

Perhaps you didn't read the entire thread. Or perhaps you couldn't see it around the enormous amount of righteous indignation you seem to carry around the threads with you. I mourn neither the cracked hobo or the drug addicted anorexic. I am a pure Darwinist.

This applies to you as well.

<br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

[quote author=Jesse James link=topic=8339.msg443700#msg443700 date=1183490114]
    It also betrays insecurity.&nbsp; A kind of resentment at someone for being attractive which you can only temper by scouring them for flaws.&nbsp; Very bizarre.
    [/quote]

It's not the appearance that begets the flaw scouring, it's the attitude.&nbsp; You might do well to remember that.
    I don&#039;t enter into mental warfare with morons.&nbsp; It&#039;s immoral and unethical.&nbsp; They have no ammunition.&nbsp; AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII&nbsp;&nbsp;

[quote author=blunt.force.trauma link=topic=8339.msg443793#msg443793 date=1183492548]
    It's not the appearance that begets the flaw scouring, it's the attitude.&nbsp; You might do well to remember that.
    [/quote]Took the words out of my mouth you minx you.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=8339.msg443814#msg443814 date=1183492979]
    Took the words out of my mouth you minx you.
    [/quote]Whew, good thing I've got the best of both worlds.

I feel sorry for this girl, honestly. Maybe you guys are right and she thought she was better than everyone else, but to me it just screams rampant insecurity.

RIP Lynsey
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

I smell the foundation for Operation: Enduring Smite coming.

Because if we don't fight asshattery abroad, we'll be fighting it in our own backyard.

Oh, and if that leathery, smelly hobo had a MySpace, we'd be talking about him.

That's the beauty of MySpace, it transcends class in a way and this site highlights the simple truth that death comes to us all, smelly hobo or not.

Oh, and Ron, check your MySpace. I added ya.
    Congratulations. You've found the secret MDS signature. Please send your answers to "Old Blue", care of the funny farm, Chalford...

[quote author=Jesse James link=topic=8339.msg443700#msg443700 date=1183490114]
    It also betrays insecurity.&nbsp; A kind of resentment at someone for being attractive which you can only temper by scouring them for flaws.&nbsp; Very bizarre.
    [/quote]

It would appear that resenting a comment made about someone else betrays your own insecurities. It would appear that you are scouring the forum for flaws and that will expose your own weakness. That smells like blood in the water on this forum.
    <br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=8339.msg443814#msg443814 date=1183492979]
    Took the words out of my mouth you minx you.
    [/quote]

Oh Ron, dahling, I love it when we cross threads.&nbsp; :kiss3:
    I don&#039;t enter into mental warfare with morons.&nbsp; It&#039;s immoral and unethical.&nbsp; They have no ammunition.&nbsp; AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII&nbsp;&nbsp;

Thread Information