Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Lynsey Moore (20) allegedly drowned in the bathtub after overdosing

Re: Lynsey Moore (20) allegedly drowned in the bathtub after overdosing

These are comments that she wrote in her LJ  Friends Only post when a person asked how she lost weight:

"i don't eat any sort of junk food.
    so if it has sugar in it, i avoid it.
    except redbull, cause i'm addicted.
    but i only drink redbull on days i don't eat.
    & i limit it to 2 a day. so usually one around 11am & another around 4pm.
    i also don't eat potatoes at all, or bread very often.
    if i do it is only 1 slice, wheat without the crust.
    i also smoke cigarettes when i get really hungry.
    i find it helps kill the craving.
    but if you don't smoke already, i don't suggest starting, haha.
    <3"

and

"to be completely honest, i was addicted to meth for 2 years.
    after i got clean, i gained back all the weight i had lost.
    i hated how i looked, and i quit eating.
    it came pretty natural to me.. i guess from not every eating when i was tweaking out all the time.
    but i started to get really sick, because i wasn't taking care of myself at all.
    after going to the doctors & hearing that if i kept going how i was i could easily have a heart attack and possibly die.
    so i started eating 5 days a week.
    after about a month i cut it down to 2.
    i've learned how to eat healthy & when not eating what to do to still give me energy so i don't get sick again."

:|

[quote author=moosella link=topic=8339.msg435329#msg435329 date=1182956028]
    These are comments that she wrote in her LJ  Friends Only post when a person asked how she lost weight:

"i don't eat any sort of junk food.
    so if it has sugar in it, i avoid it.
    except redbull, cause i'm addicted.
    but i only drink redbull on days i don't eat.
    & i limit it to 2 a day. so usually one around 11am & another around 4pm.
    i also don't eat potatoes at all, or bread very often.
    if i do it is only 1 slice, wheat without the crust.
    i also smoke cigarettes when i get really hungry.
    i find it helps kill the craving.
    but if you don't smoke already, i don't suggest starting, haha.
    <3"

and

"to be completely honest, i was addicted to meth for 2 years.
    after i got clean, i gained back all the weight i had lost.
    i hated how i looked, and i quit eating.
    it came pretty natural to me.. i guess from not every eating when i was tweaking out all the time.
    but i started to get really sick, because i wasn't taking care of myself at all.
    after going to the doctors & hearing that if i kept going how i was i could easily have a heart attack and possibly die.
    so i started eating 5 days a week.
    after about a month i cut it down to 2.
    i've learned how to eat healthy & when not eating what to do to still give me energy so i don't get sick again."

[/quote]

What a fucking idiot.

She doesn't seem to be the smartest girl. But a lot of girls obsessed with looks do stupid things. It happens.
    I agree with Haunted..I don't find her attractive.
    Regardless, it's terrible she had to die this way.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

I hate how she's like, candidly giving advice on how to have an eating disorder without feeling too crappy all the time.  I shudder to think that anyone actually took that advice.  If there are only a certain number of days a week that you eat AT ALL, you have a serious problem.  She cut back her eating to twice a week- like it's quitting smoking or something.  How ridiculous! 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we found out she had a heart attack.  A diet of Redbull and nothing is a true recipe for disaster.  Redbull is like gasoline for humans.

[quote author=alliekat link=topic=8339.msg435554#msg435554 date=1182967117]
    I hate how she's like, candidly giving advice on how to have an eating disorder without feeling too crappy all the time.  I shudder to think that anyone actually took that advice.  If there are only a certain number of days a week that you eat AT ALL, you have a serious problem.  She cut back her eating to twice a week- like it's quitting smoking or something.  How ridiculous! 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we found out she had a heart attack.  A diet of Redbull and nothing is a true recipe for disaster.  Redbull is like gasoline for humans.

[/quote] she probably did. so sad and such a waste.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=8339.msg435599#msg435599 date=1182968915]
    she probably did. so sad and such a waste.
    [/quote]

I am pretty new to posting, so please be kind.    I am still trying to figure out how you can fall asleep in the tub & drown?? (or pass out)  I would think that once your face went into the water and you started sucking water in you would jolt awake.  This is of course that you are not tweaked out of you mind. 

I also am trying to figure out why the hell she was starving herself.  I have never understood anyone doing that.

Have a great day all

Tinkerbell

Olivia

[quote author=Tinkerbell70 link=topic=8339.msg435617#msg435617 date=1182969438]

I am pretty new to posting, so please be kind.    I am still trying to figure out how you can fall asleep in the tub & drown?? (or pass out)  I would think that once your face went into the water and you started sucking water in you would jolt awake.   This is of course that you are not tweaked out of you mind. 

I also am trying to figure out why the hell she was starving herself.  I have never understood anyone doing that.

Have a great day all

Tinkerbell
    [/quote]

That is just like saying that if you were drunk enough and started choking on your own vomit, you would wake up.  Not true.

It depends on what she took and how out of it she was - she obviously took something pretty strong.  If it were dust-off, it restricts the oxygen to your brain - a splash of water isn't going to bring you out of that.

[quote author=Tinkerbell70 link=topic=8339.msg435617#msg435617 date=1182969438]

I am pretty new to posting, so please be kind.    I am still trying to figure out how you can fall asleep in the tub & drown?? (or pass out)  I would think that once your face went into the water and you started sucking water in you would jolt awake.  This is of course that you are not tweaked out of you mind. 

Have a great day all

Tinkerbell
    [/quote]

It is not at all hard to fall asleep in the tub. My boyfriend went to prison and  I had a really hard time coping at first and I took some muscle relaxers with some beer because I couldn't sleep. I still couldn't sleep so I decided to take a bubble bath. I had this horrible dream that my boyfriend was drowning me in a big lake (more to the dream but I won't get into all that). Anyway, I woke up choking and gasping and under the bathwater. It was a pretty horrible experience.

[quote author=SOAD link=topic=8339.msg431532#msg431532 date=1182792734]
    MMM maybe not......I always get quite drunk when I have a bath and have passed out a few times, not intentionally....you just get trolleyed and a bath is so relaxing you cant help but nod off.

*note* if I drown in the bath feel free to make lulz-worthy jokes at me
    [/quote]

Oh, I'll do more than that...If you manage to die some Darwin-tastic fashion, it will be my mission to turn you into the most lulzworthy ED entry  ("An Legend" perhaps?) and MDS thread EVER, because I know that's precisely what you'd want me to do.

:lol:  :lol: :lol:

[quote author=alliekat link=topic=8339.msg435554#msg435554 date=1182967117]

[/quote]

Looks like no one will be finding ANYTHING out...

AS FOR EVERYONE ASKING HOW THIS HAPPENED.
    Some of what people have been saying is true. She passed out and drowned, while taking a bath. She did not pass out due to drugs, or alcohol though. Lynsey did however struggle with anorexia since the age of 14, which is what her family believes caused her to pass out, since she has passed out several times before, due to her lack of eating and over exercising.

They have decided to not have an autopsy done, and just let her be at peace.

- Kristen

Ignorance is bliss, apparently. 

RIP Lynsey

yaoipowy

Why is it that because this girl was attractive she merits some kind of respect or that her death is considered a tragedy.  She was obviously an idiot and she got what she deserved.  You wouldn't mourn the death of a smelly cracked out hobo if he died in bathtub from an overdose.  You wouldn't look at pictures of his bearded leathery hobo face and be like "Oh, poor lovely homeless man why did he have to die so young.  He touched so many lives, RIP."  Im sure this girl was a huge waste of space good ridance.

[quote author=yaoipowy link=topic=8339.msg435972#msg435972 date=1182986988]
    You wouldn't mourn the death of a smelly cracked out hobo if he died in bathtub from an overdose.  You wouldn't look at pictures of his bearded leathery hobo face and be like "Oh, poor lovely homeless man why did he have to die so young.  He touched so many lives, RIP." [/quote]

Only if he had a cute little button nose or a sweet tribute video.

Why is it that because this girl was attractive she merits some kind of respect or that her death is considered a tragedy.  She was obviously an idiot and she got what she deserved.  You wouldn't mourn the death of a smelly cracked out hobo if he died in bathtub from an overdose.  You wouldn't look at pictures of his bearded leathery hobo face and be like "Oh, poor lovely homeless man why did he have to die so young.  He touched so many lives, RIP."  Im sure this girl was a huge waste of space good ridance.
    [/quote]

I would expect the bathtub to be the LAST place a smelly hobo would meet his demise.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=8339.msg436117#msg436117 date=1182991842]
    Only if he had a cute little button nose or a sweet tribute video.
    [/quote]

:lol:

RIP Lynsey.

They have decided to not have an autopsy done, and just let her be at peace.

- Kristen

Ignorance is bliss, apparently. 

RIP Lynsey
    [/quote]

I can see now how you can pass out.  Thanks for clearing it up.

I think if it was my child I would still want to have an autopsy done to just have a sound mind.

RIP Lynsey

[/quote]
    Um, did you read the thread?  I'd say most of us are taking this death at face value:  a young girl made some not-so-great decisions and ended up dead.  I don't think anyone thinks it's this horrible tragedy or that she deserves any more respect than any other deaths on this forum.  However, as per the rules of this forum, we have to be as respectful as possible (obviously this can be hard sometimes).  I would suggest skimming over those rules.

yaoipowy

[quote author=alliekat link=topic=8339.msg436830#msg436830 date=1183035783]
    Um, did you read the thread?  I'd say most of us are taking this death at face value:  a young girl made some not-so-great decisions and ended up dead.  I don't think anyone thinks it's this horrible tragedy or that she deserves any more respect than any other deaths on this forum.  However, as per the rules of this forum, we have to be as respectful as possible (obviously this can be hard sometimes).  I would suggest skimming over those rules.
    [/quote]

So what you're saying is that if I don't share a collective opinion on a topic I should keep my mouth shut?  Whats the point of a forum then if we all agree that this is "a young girl that made some not-so-great decisions and ended up dead"?  I have as much right to say that she got what she deserved as the person who thinks this is a terrible waste of a beautiful model body.

[quote author=yaoipowy link=topic=8339.msg436920#msg436920 date=1183046884]
    So what you're saying is that if I don't share a collective opinion on a topic I should keep my mouth shut?  Whats the point of a forum then if we all agree that this is "a young girl that made some not-so-great decisions and ended up dead"?  I have as much right to say that she got what she deserved as the person who thinks this is a terrible waste of a beautiful model body.
    [/quote]
    Uh, no.  Read that again, only don't assume I'm being a bitch.

I was basically saying that, if you read the thread, you would see that most of us agree with you as far as this girl being an idiot.  We're just "nicer" about it, not because we are so blinded by her everlasting beauty, but because of the rules of this forum, which actually do exist. 

By not specifying who you were talking about in your post, you implied that you think everyone that posts in here is a superficial hypocrite, because we're only saddened when pretty people die.  I just don't see any evidence in this thread that supports that theory or warrants that kind of reaction.      

[quote author=MorbidlyLovely link=topic=8339.msg436125#msg436125 date=1182992035]
    I would expect the bathtub to be the LAST place a smelly hobo would meet his demise.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
    [/quote]

It's official.  I'm in love with you.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RIP Lynsey. 

"We forfeit three-fourths of ourselves in order to be like other people." - Sean Kennedy

For the first page of these posts I was wondering how wonderful it must have been to be so gorgeous and perfect looking.  Thin, pretty face, good hair, etc.  I was envious.  I thought how great it must be, I bet everyone treats her wonderfully in the way everyone almost always treat good looking people - you see it happening all the time.

Guy holds door open for skinny cute little size zero blonde, slams it in the face of the fatty coming in after her, you know...

Then I read that livejournal stuff, and wasn't so envious any more.

And I'm sure if that girl were alive, she would've snickered and called me fatty if she happened to see me passing by.

Maybe it is better to just blend in with the crowd instead of being "perfect".  That LJ convinced me it's pretty F'd up.

RIP.

It would be an interesting study to compare the comments made about the deceased on this thread vs. say....the Lori Shick thread?  I bet there would be quite a difference.  Just sayin.

Saying that she "got what she deserved" is super overkill.

cprnow - you sound a little bitter there.
    I don't change people's karma, I think that's gay.

[quote author=Jesse James link=topic=8339.msg438196#msg438196 date=1183118648]
    Saying that she "got what she deserved" is super overkill.

cprnow - you sound a little bitter there.
    [/quote]

[quote author=cprnow link=topic=8339.msg437564#msg437564 date=1183072651]
    For the first page of these posts I was wondering how wonderful it must have been to be so gorgeous and perfect looking.  Thin, pretty face, good hair, etc.  I was envious.  I thought how great it must be, I bet everyone treats her wonderfully in the way everyone almost always treat good looking people - you see it happening all the time.

Guy holds door open for skinny cute little size zero blonde, slams it in the face of the fatty coming in after her, you know...

Then I read that livejournal stuff, and wasn't so envious any more.

And I'm sure if that girl were alive, she would've snickered and called me fatty if she happened to see me passing by.

Maybe it is better to just blend in with the crowd instead of being "perfect".  That LJ convinced me it's pretty F'd up.

RIP.

It would be an interesting study to compare the comments made about the deceased on this thread vs. say....the Lori Shick thread?  I bet there would be quite a difference.  Just sayin.
    [/quote]
    I really don't see where anyone is giving this girl more credit than she deserves (which is pretty much none), just because she was "pretty".  Anybody that thinks it's sadder when a "pretty" person dies than when an "ugly" person dies is a stupid asshole.  From what I've gathered, stupid assholes don't fare well in these forums...

There is no need to feel bad about it.

Studies abound that show that good looking people are treated better than ugly ones.  Human nature, that's all.

For example:

http://www.plastic.com/article.html;sid=05/05/05/15112401

[quote author=cprnow link=topic=8339.msg438772#msg438772 date=1183136643]
    There is no need to feel bad about it.

Studies abound that show that good looking people are treated better than ugly ones.  Human nature, that's all.

For example:

http://www.plastic.com/article.html;sid=05/05/05/15112401
    [/quote]
    I'm not sure if that's directed at me or not, but if so, what do you mean by "there is no need to feel bad about it"? 

I really think that us MDSers are generally pretty good at making fun of all the "stupid" deaths on here, regardless of the person's appearance.  I understand that we may be the exception, though.

Thread Information