Thread: Austrian village named F'king to change name after unwanted tourist attention

Austrian village named F'king to change name after unwanted tourist attention

https://nypost.com/2020/11/26/austri...ist-attention/

The residents of a tiny Austrian village named F'king have voted to change its name after enduring unwanted attention from English-speaking tourists.

Come next year, the village of 100 residents near the German border will be named Fugging.

'I can confirm that the village is being renamed,' Andrea Holzner, the mayor of Tarsdorf, the municipality where the village is located, told regional daily Oberoesterreichische Nachrichten.

'I really don't want to say anything more ' we've had enough media frenzy about this in the past,' she said.

English-speaking tourists have increasingly flocked to F'king for a photo-op next to an entrance sign bearing the village's name.

Some even capture themselves striking lewd poses in front of the marker for social media.

Signposts have also reportedly been stolen, prompting authorities to install new ones with concrete to deter thefts.

A map from 1825 bore the village name of F'cking. But some experts believe the name dates back to the 11th century.

Fugging tourists!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

For me as a German native, American surnames such as Ficken are just as funny as this is for you guys. 😏😜

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Fugging tourists!
    Quote Originally Posted by StarrySky87 View Post
    For me as a German native, American surnames such as Ficken are just as funny as this is for you guys. ����

I remember when my husband's British friend came over and we did a road trip and he was obsessed with Beaver, UT. He made me take a ton of pictures of him standing next to the "welcome to Beaver" sign. Immature Brits!

Of course, we think fanny is funny, but Brits get super offended because it means something else to them.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Hell my husband is from the Eastern Shore of Virginia. The first time I drove to meet/stay with my future in laws, I passed through Onancock and Assawoman.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I remember when my husband's British friend came over and we did a road trip and he was obsessed with Beaver, UT. He made me take a ton of pictures of him standing next to the "welcome to Beaver" sign. Immature Brits!

Of course, we think fanny is funny, but Brits get super offended because it means something else to them.
    Hehehe, beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Everytime we drive pass the exit for Peniscola, Spain I take a picture of the sign and send it to my 90yo mother. "Hey Mom, look where I am!" This is a tradition she started when she sent me pics of the Intercourse and Blue Balls signs in Pennsylvania. It's great having a Mom as immature as you are.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information