Thread: Rapper Billy Bennett Adams III, aka Ace NH (23),accused of killing Trevon Albury (27) & Daniel Thompson (24)

Rapper Billy Bennett Adams III, aka Ace NH (23),accused of killing Trevon Albury (27) & Daniel Thompson (24)

https://www.tampabay.com/news/hillsb...-deputies-say/

LUTZ ? A 23-year-old rapper was arrested Saturday on charges he shot and killed two men hours earlier after recording music in a shed-turned-studio, deputies said.

Hillsborough Sheriff Chad Chronister called the Thursday night shooting a ?violent execution? stemming from a gang-related feud.

Billy Bennett Adams III, who performs as Ace NH, was arrested on two counts of premeditated first-degree murder with a firearm and one count of armed burglary of a structure.

The Sheriff?s Office no longer releases the names of crime victims due its interpretation of Marsy?s Law, a voter-approved amendment to Florida?s constitutional that?s meant to protect the rights of victims but deprives the public of information that had long been available under the state?s public records laws.

The Sheriff?s Office did confirm that Adams knew the two men found dead Thursday outside a home in the 15000 block of N 23rd St. in Lutz. On social media accounts, Adams and one of the victims identify themselves as members of the Crips, one of the nation?s largest gangs. The other man?s connection to the two is unknown, the Sheriff?s Office said.

?Although the attack was clearly targeted, we will not allow gang-related disputes to disrupt the comfort and safety of innocent residents in any of our communities,? Chronister said in a statement to the Tampa Bay Times.

?It is clear that this suspect had no regard for human life, and now he will face the consequences for his actions.?

RELATED: Two killed in shooting at Lutz shed-turned-recording studio
    The shooting took place just before midnight at a home near Campus Lodge Tampa and other off-campus student housing communities serving University of South Florida students. A backyard shed on the property was being used as a makeshift studio where Adams recorded his music, investigators said.

Adams and the two victims traveled to the studio together Thursday night so Adams could record some music, deputies said. But when the recording session was over, Adams fatally shot the two men and drove away, deputies said.

Billy Bennett Adams III, 23, faces two counts of first-degree murder, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. [ Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office ]
    Deputies were called to the home at 11:46 p.m. and discovered the two victims in the shed, dead from their wounds. Deputies arrived five minutes after the gunshots were reported.

The Sheriff?s Office did not say what evidence connected Adams to the shooting or release any details about his arrest. The investigation is being conducted by the sheriff?s Gang Unit, which makes use of social media research, surveillance cameras and undercover operations.

Since July 2019, the Gang Unit has arrested about 170 gang members and associates involved in criminal activity, the Sheriff?s Office said.

Adams was born in Virginia and raised in Georgia, but has performed in local venues in Tampa since 2017. His most recent album, released this year, is entitled Life Goes On. He has produced three long-play albums, two shorter albums and several singles, according to a blog post about him from May.

Adams has performed as rapper Ace NH at open mic nights at 5 Star Dive Bar, Pegasus Lounge and at the University of South Florida and Tampa Riverwalk, according to the local music blog NakedlyUnderConstruction. He has also been featured on the Waves of the Bay radio show on WMNF-FM.

In an interview with the blog, Adams said he experienced ?much death and pain? as a teenager.

?That feeling like I have no dreams, no purpose,? Adams said. ?It made me do stupid stuff, made me make choices that could put me in danger or get me arrested, it literally just didn?t matter. Cause I felt like I wasn?t worth nothing. That was one of the hardest times in my life.?

Adams was being held without bail Sunday. According to his arrest report, he works as a salesman at the Finish Line store in The Shops at Wiregrass in Wesley Chapel.
    This sounds like stuff you expect to hear about 1990's Los Angeles and Rappers.

Here we go again apparently Ace NH has released a video prior to the shootings.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/crime/...-witness-says/

Here is the defense

TAMPA — A 23-year-old rapper accused of shooting and killing two men during a recording session in Lutz told a witness he thought the men were planning to rob him, prosecutors say in a court motion.

The witness said he saw no sign of such a plan. Another witness said the two men were feuding with the rapper over money.

Billy Bennett Adams III, who performs as “Ace NH,” faces two counts of first-degree murder and one count of armed burglary of a structure in the Nov. 19 shooting inside a shed-turned-recording studio behind a home in Lutz. No information about the victims has been released. The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office has labeled the slayings gang-related.

The Hillsborough State Attorney’s Office says it will argue before a judge that Adams is a danger to the community and should be held without bail while he awaits trial. In their motion, prosecutors rely on the testimony of an unnamed witness to the shootings who operates the studio and lives at the site on N 23rd Street in Lutz.

The witness told investigators he was inside the studio with his back to the other three men when the shooting occurred. The witness turned around, saw the bodies, and was in fear for his own life when he said an armed Adams told him “they were gonna rob him,” according to the motion.
    A hearing on the pretrial detention motion is scheduled to be held Dec. 1.
    The motion provides new details about a case that has made headlines nationwide. The witness, according to the motion, gave this account of the shootings:

A man he knew as “Ace,” later identified as Adams, contacted him the night of Nov. 19 through the Instagram account clutch_25Ace about renting space in the studio. Adams had rented space from the witness at least four or five times in the past.

Adams arrived about 10 p.m. with two men the witness said he did not know. They all entered the small studio — at 12-by-20 feet, about half the size of a city bus. The witness sat at a computer recording Adams’ music while the other two hung around. The witness emailed Adams a copy of the recording.

At that point, with his back still to the other men, the witness heard gunshots and said he spun around to see Adams holding a gun. The men had collapsed, the witness said, one onto the floor and the other in a chair. As the witness left, he said he saw Adams fire another shot into the victim slumped in the chair.

Adams made the comment about being robbed and left in his car. The witness said he didn’t overhear the other men talk about a robbery or even argue before the shooting. He said he never suspected Adams was armed until he heard the gunshots.

An autopsy showed that the victim found on the floor was shot once in the back of the head from less than two inches away, according to the state’s motion. The other victim was shot twice in the face.

A woman listed as owner of the Lutz property did not return calls seeking comment.

Sheriff’s detectives identified the two victims and contacted their families. Soon after, another witness came forward to say the shooting appeared to be gang-related. No information on that witness is provided in the prosecution’s motion.

That witness observed one of the victims arguing over firearms and money with three local members of the Crips, one of the largest criminal gangs in the country.

“This incident sparked a feud which had been going on between the local ‘Crip’ gang and the two victims,” according to the motion.

Through Adams’ clutch_25ace Instagram account, the witness identified him as one of those involved in the feud with the two victims.

Adams has performed at Tampa venues since 2017 and has produced three long-play albums, two shorter albums and several singles, according to a post in May at the website NakedlyUnderConstruction.blog. He works in sales at the Finish Line store in The Shops at Wiregrass in Wesley Chapel, according to jail records.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office no longer releases the names of crime victims because of its interpretation of Marsy’s Law, a voter-approved amendment to Florida’s constitutional that’s meant to protect the rights of victims but deprives the public of information that had long been available under the state’s public records laws.

Judge grants bond to Tampa rapper accused of killing 2 in makeshift recording studio

https://www.fox13news.com/news/judge...cording-studio

TAMPA, Fla. - Billy Adams III is known in the rap world as Ace NH. He raps about the gangster life, but off the stage, Adams was achieving a different goal. He was attending USF and going for his bachelor’s degree in science and business.

During a virtual bond hearing, his father Billy Adams Sr. told the judge his son was on his way to signing up for the military after graduation.

"They’re supposed to be mailing out his diploma as we speak," explained Adams.

But suddenly the 23-year old's life went off the rails. Adams III is accused of killing Trevon Albury and Daniel Thompson during a recording session on November 19, 2020.

Witness Joseph Meeks owns the makeshift recording studio in his shed in Lutz and rented it out to Adams.

"I was facing my computer and I heard two gunshots and I turned around and he was standing there holding a gun," said Meeks.

Meeks said after recording one rap song he heard three gunshots.

"Basically, all I seen was two people not moving and Adam standing there with a gun," he continued.

Meeks was sure he was next.

"Basically, I just feared for my life and I was panicking and didn’t know what to do. I put my hands on my head. My ears were ringing and then words came out of his mouth saying that they were going to rob or that this was a setup or something," said Meeks.

The lead detective told the judge Adams is a gang member and cell phone records and social media posts indicate the shooting could be retaliation over a gun dispute.

But the defense refuted that and pointed the finger at Meeks as a possible suspect. Hillsborough Judge Katherine Catlin said that’s for a jury to decide

"I'm not going to speculate that you may or may not have done it or Mr. Meeks may or may not have done it. I will never understand why anyone takes a human being's life," said Catlin.

The judge believes the evidence strongly points to Adams having a dispute with the victims, however, she doesn’t think he is a danger to the community and granted Adams a $500,000 bond with several conditions. He is to be on house arrest with an ankle monitor. He was also ordered not to have any contact with any witness in the case.

I mean, surely they tested for gun powder residue? Fingerprints? Should be easy to tell which one was the shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information