Thread: Cruel twist in Queens custody fight: Mother accused of killing her baby's father (Jonathan Estevez, 26) shares joint custody with his heartbroken mom

Cruel twist in Queens custody fight: Mother accused of killing her baby's father (Jonathan Estevez, 26) shares joint custody with his heartbroken mom

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ume-story.html

It's a bitter custody battle with a deadly twist.

A Queens mom, accused of fatally stabbing the father of their infant daughter, now shares the 1-year-old girl with the dead man's devastated mother as the suspect awaits trial for the murder of her one-time lover.

The creepy custody arrangement leaves baby Jadelyn splitting time between her grandmom and accused killer Kattie Mino, currently free on $50,000 bond in the June 4 stabbing. Mino wasn't charged until three months after the death of ex-boyfriend Jonathan Estevez, allegedly slain in an escalating argument over the care of their little girl.

'The first time I had to see her, there were so many hard feelings,' said grandmother Karina Coello, who has temporary custody of the child. 'It's still stressful.'

The callous suspect, in statement to investigators after the killing, demanded an attorney and claimed the 25-year-old victim stabbed himself in the neck during a confrontation at her mother's Queens home.

'He hurt himself,' Mino insisted after the knifing. 'What the f--k are we supposed to do' He hurt himself. He'll wake up in a couple of hours. Go interrogate him.'

Even worse, according to the victim's family, Estevez was only staying with Mino's mother and watching their child because she moved in with a new boyfriend ' who allegedly threatened the young father with a gun on multiple occasions.

Estevez stayed even after police were called to the house in May because Mino was hitting her mother, said Coello.

'He said, 'I can't leave the baby in this house,'' recounted Coello. 'Even though they were threatening him. He gave his life for the little girl, so she wouldn't be harmed.'

Mino was charged with murder, manslaughter and weapons possession in the death, with an upcoming Jan. 6 court date. The victim's outraged father blasted Gov. Cuomo for bail reforms that let her walk the streets while he can only visit his son in a Queens mausoleum.

'He's letting all these prisoners out on bail," said John Estevez, 49, of Northport, L.I. 'I guess to save money on prisons.'

According to the heartbroken Coella, who read texts on her slain son's phone after his death, there is evidence the killing was premeditated. She said one of the texts sent by Mino read bluntly, 'Tell Jonathan to leave my house or I'll stab him.'

Mino's attorney Jana McNulty insists her client is the victim and the killing was in self-defense.

'There is a lengthy history of physical and other emotional, sexual abuse by the deceased,' she said. 'And the incident, what had happened, it was an act of self-defense because the violence and rage had escalated.'

Estevez, the second oldest of six siblings, was in a good place on the day of his death. The aspiring hip-hop artist's career was trending up, with his YouTube clips collecting tens of thousands of views. One collaboration with another performer garnered more than 600,000 views, while a solo performance under his nom-de-rap GB Tribuvelli broke the 100,000 mark.

'He was getting his life together,' said John Estevez. 'His career in rapping was about to take off for him. He had an album that was coming out soon.'

Under the bizarre child care arrangement that began when the accused killer was freed after a jail stay on Rikers Island, Coello drops Jadelyn off twice a week with Mino for supervised visits of two hours. Coello arrives 30 minutes before and after her son's accused killer to avoid the discomfort of seeing the suspect's face.

'They took my son's life away,' said Coella. 'What can I say' It's not something that can be equaled. Justice is moving. But slowly.'

On the four-month anniversary of Jonathan's death, family and friends gathered at the mausoleum where his ashes were interred. One month later, the still-mourning Coella posted a moving Facebook message about her lost child.

'When a mother sees her son without life, she feels like the death tears her insides, her dreams, her delusions,' she wrote. 'I'll tell you that I will never accept the fact that you are dead ' on the contrary, you live more than ever in your kids, your family, your friends, your music.'

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I don't know what to think about this. Parents never want to recognize that their sons are abusive bastards. Mothers never want to recognize that their daughters are sometimes the problem. My prayers go to the child.

Nic B or RBW,

What's the current count?

The aspiring hip-hop artist's career was trending up, with his YouTube clips collecting tens of thousands of views. One collaboration with another performer garnered more than 600,000 views, while a solo performance under his nom-de-rap GB Tribuvelli broke the 100,000 mark.

'He was getting his life together,' said John Estevez. 'His career in rapping was about to take off for him. He had an album that was coming out soon.'
    https://www.facebook.com/GB-Tribuvelli-114073253473367/

https://www.instagram.com/ohthats_gb/

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/gbtribuvelli/

https://instabio.cc/GBTribuvelli
    Last edited by up2trouble; 11-21-2020 at 12:01 PM.

I'm trying to be nice. I don't consider some idiot having their child make gun sounds and then saying gang gang a good father, but what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I'm trying to be nice. I don't consider some idiot having their child make gun sounds and then saying gang gang a good father, but what do I know?
    Did you forget where you were? You don't have to be nice here. This is MDS, not FB.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Did you forget where you were? You don't have to be nice here. This is MDS, not FB.
    �� I know... I don't want the family to think that I'm shitting on their rapper. I have such disdain for non professional rappers. It reminds me of this dude who I dated once. He broke out freestyling and I started thinking of all the ways that I was g to diss him.

Hope this don't end up like Dear Zachary.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    Dear Zachary?

Quote Originally Posted by terps1990 View Post
    Dear Zachary?
    I had to look it up too. It's very interesting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dear_Z...out_His_Father

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Zachary_Turner

ETA: Posted at the same time as Up2Trouble. GMTA!
    LOL - we do that sometimes!

He was a rapper? Well, that explains it. Rapping and 2020 do not mix.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...-killing-2-men

True and this new thread even backs what you said even more. Florida Rapper arrested for killing 2 men. Note these are separate events.

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    That lady was the ultimate bitch. Betw her and the woman who killed herself and no one can find her son are the worst. I would never hurt my child to harm my husband. That's sick.

I lost count!

It wasn't this year, but Juice Wrld's death was one of the biggest losses. He has some pretty powerful songs that weren't released until after his death (he wasn't murdered though).

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I've been trying to tag the rappers so that we can keep count, lol.

The parents to the guy that was murdered in the Dear Zachary doc, were put through the ringer with that bitch.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Thread Information