Thread: Dr. Tamara Saukin found dead in a pond weeks after going missing

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

Dr. Tamara Saukin found dead in a pond weeks after going missing

https://www.silive.com/news/2020/11/...urce-says.html

There are currently no signs of foul play in the case of a 44-year-old Staten Island doctor who was reported missing, a law enforcement source told the Advance/SILive.com.

Police helicopters hovered over Clove Lakes Park Friday morning searching for Tamara Saukin of Emerson Hill, who was last seen at the park on Wednesday at around 6:30 a.m. while she was going for her daily walk, police previously said.

Police officers and helicopters were also searching along the shore lines, according to emergency radio transmissions.

Several ?missing? fliers were placed throughout the park.

Saukin held a family medicine practice in Grant City until Oct. 9, when ?due to unforeseen circumstances,? she temporarily withdrew from the practice of medicine, she told her patients in a letter dated Oct. 20 and obtained by the Advance/SILive.com.

On her Facebook page, Saukin said she had to withdraw from her practice because of ?family issues.?

Several former patients were shocked to hear about her disappearance.

?She?s a fantastic doctor. Prayers she?s found safe,? one user wrote on Facebook.

?She was the closest to a small town doctor you could have. She and her office staff were great. Talking to her was like speaking to a close friend. My prayers are out to her,? another one added.
    missing

She was a retired national competitive figure skater and former college track athlete, according to her website.

Saukin was last seen wearing a brown jacket, black leggings and pink sneakers and is described as 5-feet, 10-inches tall, weighing 130 pounds, police said.

Anyone with information in regard to this case is asked to call the NYPD?s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM, or on Twitter @NYPDTips. All calls are strictly confidential.

I want to know why she withdrew from practicing medicine. It takes a ton of time, energy, money and sacrifice to be a doctor. I wonder what made her give up her practice?

It may not be relevant to her disappearance at all, I was just wondering.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I hope that she's found safe. She seems like a great doctor.

To be a doctor, there really isn't anything online about her. I wonder if she had a different name at some point? I found a story about her getting run over by a car in 2015, so she was using that name then, but nothing else.

I tried adding MD to the search, and I got even less results (just the story about getting hit by the car). That seems odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    To be a doctor, there really isn't anything online about her. I wonder if she had a different name at some point? I found a story about her getting run over by a car in 2015, so she was using that name then, but nothing else.

I tried adding MD to the search, and I got even less results (just the story about getting hit by the car). That seems odd to me.
    Same thing that I found. I found a Facebook comment about her helping a lady after a car accident. That's about all.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Same thing that I found. I found a Facebook comment about her helping a lady after a car accident. That's about all.
    Maybe that's what the story I found from 2015 was about. The headline made me think she got hit by the car, but I didn't read it because it was so old.

ETA: I have a professional license, and my name and info are in a bunch of online databases, whether I want them there or not. I am surprised that a doctor doesn't have here name in online databases at the least. And if she just stopped her practice recently, I would think you should still be able to find info on her practice online.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-21-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Maybe that's what the story I found from 2015 was about. The headline made me think she got hit by the car, but I didn't read it because it was so old.

ETA: I have a professional license, and my name and info are in a bunch of online databases, whether I want them there or not. I am surprised that a doctor doesn't have here name in online databases at the least. And if she just stopped her practice recently, I would think you should still be able to find info on her practice online.
    No you're right. I saw her accident too. I would post a picture but that didn't work so well for me last time.

https://www.silive.com/news/2020/11/...eculation.html

More fliers have been spotted over the weekend in the area of Clove Lakes Park, as the search for a missing Staten Island doctor intensifies.

Law enforcement sources told the Advance/SILive.com over the weekend there were no signs of foul play in the missing case of 44-year-old Tamara Saukin, of Emerson Hill, who hasn’t been seen since about 6:30 a.m. Wednesday.

An investigation remained ongoing Sunday, according to an NYPD spokeswoman.

The case has prompted an outpouring of support from the community on social media over the past few days, with well-wishes and pleas for Saukin— if she is safe— to check-in with family.

One former patient described their professional relationship as more like “having a close friend.” Another comment read, “Where are you??? Let someone know you’re safe.”

Family members so far have declined to speak publicly on the incident, as a police investigation remains ongoing Sunday.

NYPD officers and helicopters were spotted over the weekend searching the Clove Lakes Park area, and along the shore lines, according to emergency radio transmissions.

“Every morning they are searching Clove Lakes,” posted one resident on Facebook, along with a photo of a helicopter overhead.

https://www.silive.com/news/2020/11/...ng-doctor.html

Scuba divers are searching the waters in Clove Lakes Park on Monday as they look for a missing doctor who was seen entering the green space for her daily walk the day she disappeared.

Police have asked for the public’s help to locate Dr. Tamara Saukin, 44, of Emerson Hill.

“She disappeared without a trace,” said a source with knowledge of the investigation, who added that there are no solid leads as to her whereabouts at this time.

The NYPD is also doing an extensive search of the wooded areas in the park on Monday.

Saukin was last seen inside the park at about 6:35 a.m. on Wednesday. Police described her as standing about 5′10″ tall and weighing about 130 pounds. She was wearing a brown jacket, black leggings and pink sneakers.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/23/police...issing-doctor/

A Staten Island doctor disappeared while on a morning walk in a park with her mother five days ago, police said.

Tamara Saukin, 44, regularly went on walks with family in Cloves Lakes Park in Sunnyside and was there with her mom when she went missing around 6:30 a.m. Wednesday, cops said in a tweet.

She hasn’t been seen since, police said.

There were no apparent signs of foul play, police said. Police have continued to search for her.

Saukin suffered from alcoholism and has expressed suicidal thoughts in the past, a law enforcement source said. Part of her routine was to walk with family in the park in the morning.

On her Facebook, she changed her job status to “self-employed” and told commenters she was having “family issues.”

So she was walking with her mom and she just disappeared?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So she was walking with her mom and she just disappeared?
    I wondered about that too. This is the first time I have seen it mentioned that her Mom was with her.

Sorry to double post.

I had a feeling after the post above that she might have been disciplined or had her license suspended due to alcoholism. I did a search and she voluntarily surrendered it back in October. That's why she stopped practicing. Still thinking it was the alcohol thing. With doctors, if you have an alcohol or substance abuse problem and you voluntarily disclose it and get help, it goes a long way in keeping your license if there was some kind of complaint. My dentist did this after she got caught getting high on laughing gas and working on patients. True story.

https://apps.health.ny.gov/pubdoh/pr...ActionId=12921

Hope this isn't a bad sign and that she is ok.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-days-ago.html

Tamara Saukin, 44, of Staten Island, had been on her daily stroll through Cloves Lake Park, in Sunnyside, when she disappeared at around 6:30am on November 18.

Moments earlier, her mother had reportedly told her she was returning to her car, but Saukin said she wanted to continue walking.

She disappeared without a trace,’ an anonymous NYPD source told Staten Island Live, adding that so far police have no solid leads as to her whereabouts at this time.
    Saukin was last seen wearing a brown jacket, black leggings and pink sneakers, the NYPD said.

Anyone with information about her whereabouts is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS.

The public can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM, or on Twitter @NYPDTips. All calls are strictly confidential.

This ones a head scratcher. I can't imagine she got very far on foot.

What is weird is she used to be a figure skater and I think she looks like Nancy Kerrigan.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 11-27-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Cops believe they've found missing Staten Island doctor

https://nypost.com/2020/12/02/cops-b...island-doctor/

After weeks of searching, police believe they have located the body of a missing doctor in a Staten Island park, The Post has learned.

Tamara Saukin, 44, went missing around 6:30 a.m. Nov. 18 while walking with her mother in Cloves Lakes Park in Sunnyside, which was part of her daily routine, police and sources said.

Cops found the woman's body floating in the park's lake Wednesday morning, sources said. There were no signs of foul play.

The doctor had a history of suicidal thoughts and alcoholism, according to law enforcement sources.

She also recently changed the status of her job to 'self-employed' online and commented that she was having 'family issues.'

Police had been searching the park for days.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 12-02-2020 at 02:24 PM. Reason: ?s

Not surprised. I do wonder how she did it though with her mother nearby. I still think she was disciplined from the licensing board, and that pushed her to this. Very sad. She was obviously a smart lady and I am sure she could have gotten help for her alcohol issue.

So she killed herself by intentionally drowning? I dont know how people can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So she killed herself by intentionally drowning? I dont know how people can do that.
    I've never understood that either.

https://www.crimeonline.com/2020/12/...60NHMcDvuLITRs

Authorities in New York have positively identified the body pulled from water at Staten Island’s Clove Lakes Park on Wednesday as missing Dr. Tamara Saukin.

On Wednesday morning, police found the body in water at the park where Saukin is believed to have disappeared on November 18, after she went for an early-morning walk with her mother. The missing woman’s mother reportedly told police that Saukin, 44, had chosen to continue walking in the park after her mother decided to return to her car.

Saukin, a family practitioner, had a private practice on Staten Island until October, when her office announced in a letter to patients that Saukin was taking a temporary leave from practicing medicine, which Saukin attributed to “family issues” in a comment on her Facebook page. Saukin also surrendered her medical license in a voluntary action that was not disciplinary in nature.

Police have released very little information about the ongoing investigation. An NYPD spokesperson told CrimeOnline on Friday that a cause of death has yet to be determined, and is pending a completed autopsy. Police had said earlier in the investigation there was no evidence of foul play.

Thread Information