Thread: Dr. Tamara Saukin found dead in a pond weeks after going missing

Dr. Tamara Saukin found dead in a pond weeks after going missing

https://www.silive.com/news/2020/11/...urce-says.html

There are currently no signs of foul play in the case of a 44-year-old Staten Island doctor who was reported missing, a law enforcement source told the Advance/SILive.com.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-22-2022 at 01:22 PM.

I want to know why she withdrew from practicing medicine. It takes a ton of time, energy, money and sacrifice to be a doctor. I wonder what made her give up her practice?

It may not be relevant to her disappearance at all, I was just wondering.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I hope that she's found safe. She seems like a great doctor.

To be a doctor, there really isn't anything online about her. I wonder if she had a different name at some point? I found a story about her getting run over by a car in 2015, so she was using that name then, but nothing else.

I tried adding MD to the search, and I got even less results (just the story about getting hit by the car). That seems odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    To be a doctor, there really isn't anything online about her. I wonder if she had a different name at some point? I found a story about her getting run over by a car in 2015, so she was using that name then, but nothing else.

I tried adding MD to the search, and I got even less results (just the story about getting hit by the car). That seems odd to me.
    Same thing that I found. I found a Facebook comment about her helping a lady after a car accident. That's about all.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Same thing that I found. I found a Facebook comment about her helping a lady after a car accident. That's about all.
    Maybe that's what the story I found from 2015 was about. The headline made me think she got hit by the car, but I didn't read it because it was so old.

ETA: I have a professional license, and my name and info are in a bunch of online databases, whether I want them there or not. I am surprised that a doctor doesn't have here name in online databases at the least. And if she just stopped her practice recently, I would think you should still be able to find info on her practice online.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-21-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Maybe that's what the story I found from 2015 was about. The headline made me think she got hit by the car, but I didn't read it because it was so old.

ETA: I have a professional license, and my name and info are in a bunch of online databases, whether I want them there or not. I am surprised that a doctor doesn't have here name in online databases at the least. And if she just stopped her practice recently, I would think you should still be able to find info on her practice online.
    No you're right. I saw her accident too. I would post a picture but that didn't work so well for me last time.

So she was walking with her mom and she just disappeared?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

This ones a head scratcher. I can't imagine she got very far on foot.

What is weird is she used to be a figure skater and I think she looks like Nancy Kerrigan.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 11-27-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Cops believe they've found missing Staten Island doctor

https://nypost.com/2020/12/02/cops-b...island-doctor/

After weeks of searching, police believe they have located the body of a missing doctor in a Staten Island park, The Post has learned.

Tamara Saukin, 44, went missing around 6:30 a.m. Nov. 18 while walking with her mother in Cloves Lakes Park in Sunnyside, which was part of her daily routine, police and sources said.

Cops found the woman's body floating in the park's lake Wednesday morning, sources said. There were no signs of foul play.

The doctor had a history of suicidal thoughts and alcoholism, according to law enforcement sources.

She also recently changed the status of her job to 'self-employed' online and commented that she was having 'family issues.'

Police had been searching the park for days.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 12-02-2020 at 01:24 PM. Reason: ?s

Not surprised. I do wonder how she did it though with her mother nearby. I still think she was disciplined from the licensing board, and that pushed her to this. Very sad. She was obviously a smart lady and I am sure she could have gotten help for her alcohol issue.

So she killed herself by intentionally drowning? I dont know how people can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So she killed herself by intentionally drowning? I dont know how people can do that.
    I've never understood that either.

Thread Information