Thread: Naomi Bell (43) accused of shooting 2 children (7 and 15), killing one and critically injuring the other

Naomi Bell (43) accused of shooting 2 children (7 and 15), killing one and critically injuring the other

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...ested-74210085

PLYMOUTH, Conn. -- A woman shot two children, killing one and critically injuring the other, in a suburban Connecticut home, police said Saturday.

Naomi Bell was arrested on murder and attempted murder charges, a Connecticut State Police report said.

Bell, 43, is due for arraignment Monday, and there was no immediate information on her legal representation. A phone message was left at an apparent phone number for her home in the Terryville section of Plymouth, which is near Hartford and Waterbury.

Police haven't said what relationship, if any, Bell has to the children, aged 7 and 15. Plymouth school system Interim Superintendent Sherri Turner told families in a letter that the two victims were siblings and have a third, middle school-age sibling who wasn't home at the time of the shooting.

Police haven?t released the children's names or said which of the two survived. Turner's letter said the slain student was in high school, and the injured sibling is in elementary school.

'We are devastated by this unthinkable tragedy," she wrote, adding that counseling would be available over the weekend for families and staffers.

Someone in the Main Street home called 911 on Friday evening, State Police Trooper First Class Christine Jeltema told reporters at a news conference.

Officers found the two children with gunshot wounds.

Bell and her family have lived in the neighborhood for years, neighbor Taylor Wells told the Hartford Courant.

He said he hadn't heard any gunshots Friday evening, realizing there was trouble only when he heard sirens approaching and saw police cars and ambulances pull up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Woman charged in killing of 15-year-old Terryville High student; sibling also shot and in critical condition

https://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticu...to-avoid-area/

PLYMOUTH, Conn. (WTNH) — Connecticut State Police have arrested a woman in connection to the shooting of two of her children, one of whom died at a home Friday night in Plymouth.

Just before 8 p.m., Connecticut State Police Western District Major Crimes Squad, assisted by Plymouth police, responded to a call of a shooting at 104 North Main St. Officials determined that two children had been inside of the home.

A 15-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene and a 7-year-old is listed in critical condition.

A statement released by Sherri Turner, interim superintendent of Plymouth Public Schools, revealed that the victims were siblings. The 15-year-old was a student at Terryville High School. The 7-year-old is a student at Fisher Elementary School. Turner also stated that a third sibling was not in the home at the time of the shootings.

Plymouth Schools is providing counseling to families and staff on Sunday, Nov. 15 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Eli Terry Middle School.

“Our counselors, school psychologists, and social workers will also be available to provide support for students and staff when we return to school on Monday,” said Turner.

Officials have identified the suspect in this incident as 43-year-old Naomi Bell, of Terryville.

Bell faces the following charges:

Murder with special circumstances.

Criminal attempt to commit murder with special circumstances.

Bell is being detained in lieu of a $2.5 million bond and is scheduled for arraignment at GA #15 New Britain Superior Court on Nov. 16, 2020.

(Madeline Bell, 15)

Her face is a perfect square shape, just an observation.

I wonder why she didn't wait until the 3rd kid came home to kill the kids?

I wonder if there was a dad in the picture?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Her face is a perfect square shape, just an observation.

I wonder why she didn't wait until the 3rd kid came home to kill the kids?

I wonder if there was a dad in the picture?
    3rd child was the the dad. Dad called home and heard screaming, then called the police.

I wonder why he (husband) didn't get rid of the guns if he knew that his wife is mentally ill? Guns and mental illness don't go well together.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    3rd child was the the dad. Dad called home and heard screaming, then called the police.

I wonder why he (husband) didn't get rid of the guns if he knew that his wife is mentally ill? Guns and mental illness don't go well together.
    maybe he didn't know

Queena,

I was wrong ...

Connecticut mom charged with shooting kids was ‘depressed’ amid COVID-19

https://nypost.com/2020/11/17/mom-ch...amid-covid-19/

A Connecticut woman charged with shooting two of her children, one fatally, suffered a psychotic episode during the coronavirus lockdown and tried to kill herself, her husband told police.

Naomi Bell, 43, of Plymouth, was arraigned via video Monday in New Britain Superior Court on charges of murder and attempted murder for fatally shooting her 15-year-old daughter and critically wounding her 7-year-old son late Friday, the Hartford Courant reported.

Bell’s husband told cops he “heard a horrible screaming” while on the phone with his son as he returned to the family’s home in Terryville from a basketball game, an arrest warrant affidavit shows.

Minutes later, Bell’s husband found the couple’s son with a gunshot wound to the back, while their 15-year-old daughter was on a pile of clothes and appeared “pale and lifeless” as Naomi Bell held a pistol, he told investigators.

“I grabbed the top of the gun with my hand and ripped it out of her hands and put it down on the nightstand,” Bell’s husband recalled, adding that his wife was saying she wanted to die.

Cops then arrived at the home and took Bell into custody as paramedics performed CPR on her son. He was later admitted to Connecticut Children’s in critical condition, while his sister was pronounced dead at a hospital. Bell’s husband and a third child who was not home at the time were not injured, the newspaper reported.

During an interview with investigators, Bell’s husband said her mental state was severely impacted by the death of her sister in 2013 and became worse during the COVID-19 lockdown, ultimately requiring two hospital stays in April and October.

“At the beginning of the COVID pandemic, [she] became extremely depressed and was having delusional thoughts. She was on medication for depression and psychotic episodes,” Bell’s husband said.

“I felt like she wasn’t taking her medications and was pretending. She would tell me Homeland Security was circling the house and would come take her and the kids if she said she surrendered.”

Bell had also tried to kill herself with a knife, her husband told cops.

“Naomi really changed at the beginning of COVID with her depression and psychotic episodes,” Bell said in the affidavit. “It used to be balanced, now it’s all doom and gloom.”

An attorney for Bell said she has no prior criminal record and previously worked as a substitute teacher in a local district up until a few months ago.

Bell, whose charges include special circumstances due to the victim’s ages, was ordered held on $2.5 million. She faces up to life in prison without parole if convicted and is due back in court on Jan. 12.

State police said Monday that Bell’s 7-year-old son remained hospitalized in Hartford, but did not have an update on his condition, the Connecticut Post reported.

So she was suicidal....I am guessing the husband never thought she would take out the kids, though.

Maybe she wanted to kill herself but couldn't, and thought if she did something to her kids then she would finally be able to end her own life? I sometimes wonder that in these murder-suicides.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    maybe he didn't know
    Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    Queena,

I was wrong ...

Connecticut mom charged with shooting kids was ‘depressed’ amid COVID-19

https://nypost.com/2020/11/17/mom-ch...amid-covid-19/

A Connecticut woman charged with shooting two of her children, one fatally, suffered a psychotic episode during the coronavirus lockdown and tried to kill herself, her husband told police.

Naomi Bell, 43, of Plymouth, was arraigned via video Monday in New Britain Superior Court on charges of murder and attempted murder for fatally shooting her 15-year-old daughter and critically wounding her 7-year-old son late Friday, the Hartford Courant reported.

Bell’s husband told cops he “heard a horrible screaming” while on the phone with his son as he returned to the family’s home in Terryville from a basketball game, an arrest warrant affidavit shows.

Minutes later, Bell’s husband found the couple’s son with a gunshot wound to the back, while their 15-year-old daughter was on a pile of clothes and appeared “pale and lifeless” as Naomi Bell held a pistol, he told investigators.

“I grabbed the top of the gun with my hand and ripped it out of her hands and put it down on the nightstand,” Bell’s husband recalled, adding that his wife was saying she wanted to die.

Cops then arrived at the home and took Bell into custody as paramedics performed CPR on her son. He was later admitted to Connecticut Children’s in critical condition, while his sister was pronounced dead at a hospital. Bell’s husband and a third child who was not home at the time were not injured, the newspaper reported.

During an interview with investigators, Bell’s husband said her mental state was severely impacted by the death of her sister in 2013 and became worse during the COVID-19 lockdown, ultimately requiring two hospital stays in April and October.

“At the beginning of the COVID pandemic, [she] became extremely depressed and was having delusional thoughts. She was on medication for depression and psychotic episodes,” Bell’s husband said.

“I felt like she wasn’t taking her medications and was pretending. She would tell me Homeland Security was circling the house and would come take her and the kids if she said she surrendered.”

Bell had also tried to kill herself with a knife, her husband told cops.

“Naomi really changed at the beginning of COVID with her depression and psychotic episodes,” Bell said in the affidavit. “It used to be balanced, now it’s all doom and gloom.”

An attorney for Bell said she has no prior criminal record and previously worked as a substitute teacher in a local district up until a few months ago.

Bell, whose charges include special circumstances due to the victim’s ages, was ordered held on $2.5 million. She faces up to life in prison without parole if convicted and is due back in court on Jan. 12.

State police said Monday that Bell’s 7-year-old son remained hospitalized in Hartford, but did not have an update on his condition, the Connecticut Post reported.
    It's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    So she was suicidal....I am guessing the husband never thought she would take out the kids, though.

Maybe she wanted to kill herself but couldn't, and thought if she did something to her kids then she would finally be able to end her own life? I sometimes wonder that in these murder-suicides.
    He should have removed the guns. Even if she were only suicidal.

Obituary: Madeline Elizabeth Bell, 15, of Terryville

https://patch.com/connecticut/naugat...-15-terryville

TERRYVILLE, CT - Madeline Elizabeth "Maddie" Bell, 15, of Terryville, passed on Friday, November 13, 2020.

Madeline was born in Bristol on March 21, 2005 the oldest daughter of Owen S. Bell and Naomi (Karlak) Bell. Madeline was a sophomore at Terryville High School. She and her family were members of the Hillside Community Church, Bristol.

Madeline was different and wonderful and had a strong will and personality from the day she was born. She was the kind of person who adds flavor and light to a bland world. She was and will forever be unforgettable.

Madeline enjoyed cactuses, and makeup. She had an interest in nutrition and was hoping to go to college in Portugal. She had a uniquely dry sense of humor that her aunts and uncles could listen to for hours.

Madeline was a member of the Terryville Roos cross country team and had recently participated in boxing in Thomaston. She enjoyed camping trips with family as well as spending time with her cousins and friends and family and her Grandma Leslie Decker (gramma ramma).

Madeline leaves a void that will forever be unfilled. We will miss her and cry and laugh over our memories with her until we get to see her again and then hug her and hear her tell us about everything in heaven.

As we mourn her loss, Madeline is walking in the presence of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in a place where there is no death or crying or sorrow or pain. She is now spending eternity with her Aunt Becky Karlak and those who have gone before.

Besides her parents, she leaves her brothers Adam W. Bell and Nathan D. Bell; paternal grandparents Joe Ramatowski and Leslie Decker; maternal grandparents Martha and Michael Karlak and many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.

Friends and relatives are invited to a walk-through visitation on Friday, November 20, 2020 beginning at 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at Hillside Community Church, 435 Broad St., Bristol. The wearing of protective face masks and social distancing is required. Please keep visitation time to a minimum in consideration to occupancy limits at the church. O'Brien Funeral Home, 24 Lincoln Ave., Forestville is honored to assist the family with the arrangements.

To leave an online message of condolence, share a memory or a photo, visit Madeline's memorial webpage at www.OBrien-FuneralHome.com.

Link is to article on the aunt's death in a head-on collision:

https://archives.rep-am.com/2013/11/...-a-missionary/

I wonder if the meds were causing psychosis. Rest peacefully Maddie.

Thread Information