https://www.koin.com/news/crime/vict...uble-homicide/

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) ? The victims of a double homicide that occurred in North Portland earlier in the week have been identified.

Amber Coughtry and Billy Lewnes were both killed early Tuesday morning in Portland?s Kenton neighborhood. The Oregon State Medical Examiner ruled their deaths a homicide after determining the victims ? both aged 41 ? had succumbed to gunshot wounds.

Two people are dead following a shooting in North Portland on Sept. 29, 2020. KOIN.
Coughtry and Lewnesa were found after police responded to a report of a shooting near North Victory Boulevard and North Force Avenue around 5 a.m. on Tuesday. Police said the victims were located in a parking lot near Force Lake, but there is no word on the circumstances surrounding the incident.

On Wednesday, the shooting deaths were ruled to be a double homicide.

Shooting leaves 2 dead, investigation underway in N Portland
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to contact Detective Rico Beniga by calling 503.823.0457 or at Rico.Beniga@portlandoregon.gov ? or contact Detective Anthony Merrill by calling 503.823.4033 or email Anthony.Merrill@portlandoregon.gov.

Crime Stoppers of Oregon also offers a $2,500 cash reward for any information leading to an arrest in an unsolved case. Those wishing to make an anonymous tip can do so online or by calling 503.823.4357.
https://www.koin.com/news/murder-vic...ore-seriously/

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) ? Billy Lewnes and his girlfriend were shot to death inside a car in North Portland in September. Now, Lewnes? mother is on a mission for justice, not just for her son, but for shooting victims across Portland.

?I was shell-shocked,? said Chris Haworth, Lewnes? mother. ?I was like, are you sure you have the right person? Are you sure??

It?s been almost two months since she found out her only child was murdered in North Portland.

?They were shot from both sides. All the windows were busted out and they were each shot multiple times. So, it makes me think, yeah, it was more than one person,? Haworth said.

Portland police were called to the scene on Sept. 29 at around 5 a.m. Officers found Lewnes and his longtime girlfriend, Amber Coughtry, dead. The couple were parked near Victory Boulevard and Force Avenue when they were ambushed with gunfire.

?I just don?t see how somebody can go out and shoot 20 or whatever bullets into someone sitting in their car and then walk away and get away with it,? Haworth said.

Mom of slain daughter: ?If you know something, please tell it?
Fed up with the increase in violence in Portland, Haworth said she decided to call Mayor Ted Wheeler?s office.

?I said, ?I want to talk to the mayor,? and they said, ?He can?t talk to you. He?s busy,? and I said, ?Oh that?s BS. If he can talk to the rioters he can talk to me.? And about half hour later I get a phone call back,? she said.

Haworth said she and Wheeler had a virtual meeting in October. They spoke for about 45 minutes. She said he listened and answered a lot of her questions. He also agreed to meet with the families of other victims.

?I want him to let these people, let him know how badly, how deeply this hurts them, so they will take the violence in Portland more serious,? Haworth said.

She said there will be a meeting in the next three to four months between Wheeler and more families of violent crimes.

Investigators are still searching for the person or people who shot Lewnes and Coughtry. On Tuesday, Crime Stoppers of Oregon announced they?re offering a cash reward for information.