Thread: Bodies of 2 newborn babies found behind an apartment building in the Bronx

Bodies of 2 newborn babies found behind an apartment building in the Bronx

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/11...laremont-nypd/

Two newborn babies were found dead in the Bronx on Monday.

It was a tragic and hectic scene in the Claremont section of the borough. As CBS2?s Ali Bauman reported, police were speaking to multiple people at the scene, trying to piece together how the babies died and who their parents are.

Sources told CBS2 the superintendent found the babies behind a six-story apartment building on College Avenue and East 171st Street.

When police arrived at around 2 p.m. they found the two newborns unconscious and abandoned in an outdoor common area near Claremont Park. CBS2 has learned the babies were wearing diapers and wrapped in brown paper.

?I heard the helicopters. My little brother came in and said there?s so many cops outside,? neighbor Tatiana Lomax said.

An ambulance took the babies to Bronx Lebanon Hospital, where they were pronounced dead.

Neighbors were stunned and saddened by the news.

?Oh my God. My heart ? my heart is hurting,? neighbor Michelle Frazier said.

Lomax said she never sees people go in that space behind her building.

?I don?t know how to get back there. I didn?t know there was a back door or anything,? Lomax said.

Police were canvassing the area for surveillance video to see if they can identify the two babies and find out what exactly happened to them.

?This is very, very early on in our investigation. We?re asking the public for help. If you can, if you know something, can you please call 1-800 577-TIPS with any information you have. It would really help the investigation here,? an NYPD spokesman said.

Police said it?s unclear if the babies are related.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    This is one of the most heartbreaking and easily solvable crimes. I guess they haven't been paying attention to the news. Lots of cases of abandoned babies are being solved using DNA.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...patio/2715535/

Two newborn boys who were found dead on the patio of a Bronx building Monday afternoon likely were born less than 24 hours earlier, multiple law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told News 4 Tuesday.

Detectives feel strongly that the newborns were twins, but they are awaiting confirmation from the medical examiner's office. They are also awaiting a cause of death, which the medical examiner said remained pending Tuesday afternoon.

The two babies were discovered by a resident of a multi-story building on College Avenue in Concourse just before 2 p.m. Monday, law enforcement sources said. One of them was wrapped in some sort of material; the other was left in the open, contrary to initial police reports that said they were both found wrapped in paper.

This hurts my heart. Safe Haven laws aren't working.

While more than 3,500 newborns have been surrendered through safe haven laws nationwide since the first measure took effect in Texas in 1999, more than 1,400 have been found abandoned since then as well, according to the National Safe Haven Alliance. Jul 10, 2018.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    This hurts my heart. Safe Haven laws aren't working.
    Exactly. Such a stupid, heartless, senseless crime.

Thread Information