Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trump and his Twitter and Facebook accounts

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/12/media...ure/index.html

New York (CNN Business)The leaders of Fox News will never say this out loud, but they believe that their media empire is bigger than President Trump.

And they have billions of reasons to think so: Billions of dollars in revenue along with millions of loyal viewers.
    Fox employees are confident that the Biden years will be prosperous for the network, and they're not losing sleep over the prospect of "Trump TV," according to numerous sources at the company.
    But some observers think they should be concerned. It is possible that the outgoing President could damage the Fox brand and peel away disillusioned viewers if he launches a media company of his own. It is possible that the right-wing media map, long controlled by Fox, is about to become balkanized.

In the days since Fox and the other major networks called the election for President-elect Joe Biden, Trump has been stoking anger at Fox and promoting the much smaller and often more conspiratorial right-wing networks Newsmax and One America News.
    Then again, he has also been watching Fox, tweeting quotes from favorable commentators, and seeking counsel from Fox's 9 p.m. host, Sean Hannity.
    Here's the best way to interpret what's going on: Trump and Fox patriarch Rupert Murdoch have had a corporate marriage of convenience for five years. Trump is threatening to break up, but Fox has been through plenty of these rough patches before.
    The question now is what Trump might do after he leaves office. A Trump-branded streaming service appears more likely than a "Trump TV" cable channel. But almost anything is possible: A radio show hosted by Trump, an expansion of the Trump campaign's current webcasts, or a licensing deal with a company like Newsmax.
    What about a "Donald Trump Tonight" talk show on Fox? Is that out of the question?
    The answer is no, at least not entirely. There are almost always pieces that could be moved. For example: Hannity's been at Fox for almost 25 years now. Maybe he could retire and let Trump take his place.
    But at the moment, Trump is fuming about the network's coverage. So here is a viewers guide to the months ahead.
    The roots of the relationship
    Trump was a Fox News viewer before he was a Fox News star. He learned a lot about the Republican party's base by watching the network and calling into the morning show "Fox & Friends" while still starring on NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice." He continued to call in to and appear on the network regularly while running for the Republican party's nomination in 2015 and 2016, even as he attacked Fox host Megyn Kelly and lambasted some of the network's commentators.
    He has had the same carrot-and-stick approach ever since: Complimenting his Fox supporters -- rewarding them with interviews and Twitter plugs and visits to the White House -- while complaining about Fox's dissenters.
    Murdoch used to be vocally critical of Trump's conduct. The media mogul famously wrote on Twitter in the summer of 2015, "When is Donald Trump going to stop embarrassing his friends, let alone the whole country?"
    But Murdoch made peace with Trump as the Republican primary field narrowed and Trump won the nomination. He didn't believe Trump would beat Hillary Clinton in the general election, but when Trump did, Murdoch reached what one family friend later called a "detente."
    The media marriage was visible for all to see on TV. Fox touted Trump and he touted the network. The Murdochs profited while Trump benefited from Fox's promotion and propaganda.
    Who has the power?
    Earlier this year I wrote a book titled "Hoax: Donald Trump, Fox News, and the Dangerous Distortion of Truth," based on information from confidential sources in and around Fox. I quoted a former "Fox & Friends" producer who said outsiders misunderstood the relationship.
    "People think he's calling up 'Fox & Friends' and telling us what to say. Hell no. It's the opposite," the former producer said. "We tell him what to say."
    This braggadocious view is backed up by a scroll through Trump's Twitter feed, which shows that he often starts his day by watching the "Friends" and repeating what they said on TV.
    Trump's Fox News fixation was a major theme of his presidency. He hired people from Fox, fired people because of Fox, and gave most of his national TV interviews to Fox. Sometimes it was hard to tell where Trump ended and Fox began. But even with this close relationship, he was still prone to sending mean tweets whenever he didn't like something on the network. Fox executives usually just ignored his complaints. They felt that they, not the President, had the power.
    It's important to recognize that Fox has a near-monopoly position in right-wing TV. The network's audience is extraordinarily loyal, as was demonstrated in late 2016 and early 2017 when three of Fox's biggest stars -- Megyn Kelly, Bill O'Reilly and Greta van Susteren -- all left in a nine-month period, and the ratings basically stayed the same.
    For many in the TV business, the lesson was that, on Fox at least, everyone is replaceable. Does that lesson apply to Trump too?
    In some ways he is Fox's biggest star of the past five years. But now his presidential show is ending.
    Trump might think that Fox needs his star power, and on the margins it's true that Trump appearances and interviews are right-wing ratings boosters. But the network was No. 1 long before he became a politician.
    As sociologist Arlie Russell Hochschild wrote in her 2016 book "Strangers in Their Own Land: Anger and Mourning on the American Right," about Tea Party supporters in Louisiana, "Fox News stands next to industry, state government, church, and the regular media as an extra pillar of political culture all its own."
    "To some," she explained, "Fox is family."
    It takes a lot more than a Trump tweet to convince people to abandon family.
    Fox may be vulnerable
    Nevertheless, Trump might be trying to dissolve this media marriage.
    In line with his past jabs at Fox's news coverage, he wrote on Thursday that "@FoxNews daytime ratings have completely collapsed. Weekend daytime even WORSE."
    Fox's daytime ratings are looking somewhat soft this week, but that's not a surprise, since Biden's victory is interpreted as bad news by the Fox base.
    The network is also feeling pressure from the far-right, from channels such as Newsmax, which are criticizing Fox for projecting Biden's win in Arizona and calling Biden the president-elect.
    Newsmax's ratings have skyrocketed in recent days, but Fox is still heads and shoulders above all of its challengers.
    Trump's tweet on Thursday continued: "Very sad to watch this happen, but they forgot what made them successful, what got them there. They forgot the Golden Goose. The biggest difference between the 2016 Election, and 2020, was @FoxNews!"
    Trump leveled similar charges against Fox throughout the 2020 campaign.
    But his assertion that he was Fox's "Golden Goose" doesn't add up. The network has been growing steadily for years, thanks to a loyal audience that distrusts most of the rest of the national media. Stars like Hannity encourage and worsen this alienation each day by attacking what he calls "fake" news.
    Sources inside Fox predicted that Trump would snap back to normal and praise the network's opinion hosts in a day or two. Earlier this week, he posted numerous videos from both Fox and Newsmax's pro-Trump shows.
    Axios reported on Thursday that "Trump has told friends he wants to start a digital media company to clobber Fox News."
    A subscription streaming service would let him convert rallygoers into paying customers and compete with Fox at the same time.
    A Fox insider heaped doubt on that idea, however, by pointing out that Trump is old-fashioned -- he is obsessed with big-screen television, not newfound streaming apps.
    When I was working on my book, the Murdoch family friend told me of the relationship between Trump and Fox, "There was something in it for both of them. At the end of the day, business trumps ideology. Business trumps principle."
    Whatever he decides to do, the coming months will go a long way toward answering a two-sided question: Does Fox need Trump more, or does Trump need Fox more?

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/nation...uguration-day/

WASHINGTON, D.C. (KXAN) — Even if Pres. Trump has not conceded by Jan. 20, Twitter will hand over the @POTUS account to president-elect Joe Biden as soon as he’s sworn in at noon.

Twitter confirmed the news to Politico on Friday, saying transfer of the presidential handle will be automatic — as will the accounts for @whitehouse, @VP and @FLOTUS.

“Twitter is actively preparing to support the transition of White House institutional Twitter accounts on January 20th, 2021,” Twitter spokesperson Nick Pacilio said in an email, according to Politico. “As we did for the presidential transition in 2017, this process is being done in close consultation with the National Archives and Records Administration.”

Twitter says all Trump’s tweets will be archived, as have those of Barack Obama (the first president to use the account).

While removing Trump’s access to the @POTUS account — which has over 32 million followers — will likely remove some elements of his reach, it may not be much. Trump has maintained (and often used more frequently) his own personal account, which has 88.9 million followers.

On Friday, Georgia Sec. of State Brad Raffensperger certified the battleground state’s results, which reflect Biden as the winner of 2.47 million votes to Trump’s 2.46 million.

Georgia governor certifies presidential electors for Biden
    As of Saturday morning, Trump continued advancing still unproven claims of voter fraud in the 2020 Election, tweeting: “Big voter fraud information coming out concerning Georgia. Stay tuned!”

Twitter says it will meet with the Biden transition team to explain how the account will operate from now on.

Do you frequently have conversations with yourself?? Easier to sound smart when nobody's listening, huh...what a dope!

Quote Originally Posted by alexoconnellsr View Post
    Do you frequently have conversations with yourself?? Easier to sound smart when nobody's listening, huh...what a dope!
    You joined over 2 years ago, and that's your first post??

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You joined over 2 years ago, and that's your first post??
    That was exactly my thought as well. I'm guessing someone is butt hurt.

Do you have a very good brain!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    That was exactly my thought as well. I'm guessing someone is butt hurt.
    I'll respond to both you homos at the same time - yep, first post. I have better things to do with my time than play keyboard badass. I just happened to get sucked into your dribble and felt compelled to respond. You two nut-lickers need to go get a job (or a life). Feel free to post away...you'll get no response from me. I'm sure that if I saw either one of you in public I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. Anything you have to say means nothing to me.

I'll respond to both you homos at the same time - yep, first post. I have better things to do with my time than play keyboard badass. I just happened to get sucked into your dribble and felt compelled to respond. You two nut-lickers need to go get a job (or a life). Feel free to post away...you'll get no response from me. I'm sure that if I saw either one of you in public I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. Anything you have to say means nothing to me.
    cool

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

how's the decor in your mom's basement?

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

But yet, here you are...pissed off because some orange nutbag didn't manage to steal the election like he tried to, and lashing out at random internet people over it.

And are we homos or are we nut-lickers? These two things contradict each other.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    But yet, here you are...pissed off because some orange nutbag didn't manage to steal the election like he tried to, and lashing out at random internet people over it.

And are we homos or are we nut-lickers? These two things contradict each other.
    He's probably assuming we are dudes.

He is just an ass, Trump-loving douchebag.

Congrats to you for licking nuts off the soon to be ex-President. Good luck drinking Trump's Kool-Aid here.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/tr...g-rally-report

Talk about going out with a bang.

A new report from Axios claims that President Trump is considering a dramatic White House departure that includes a final Air Force One flight to Florida where he will host an opposing rally during Joe Biden's inauguration.

"The Trump talk could create a split-screen moment: the outgoing president addressing a roaring crowd in an airport hangar while the incoming leader is sworn in before a socially distanced audience outside the Capitol," Alayna Treene of Axios wrote.

People familiar with the discussions told NBC News that Trump plans to skip the swearing-in ceremony of his successor and that he has floated the idea of a Florida rally to announce a 2024 bid to reclaim the White House.

MORE NEWS: Cold front pushing through, bringing the 30s and 40s back to Florida

Trump said last month that he would leave office if the Electoral College votes for President-elect Joe Biden, but also alleged “massive fraud” in the vote count and promised to continue with his legal battle.

Asked if he would consider running again on the Republican ticket in 2024, Trump said at the time, “I don’t want to talk to 2024 yet.”

The Trump campaign did not respond to Fox News' request for comment.

https://www.wgal.com/article/amid-ca...ntent/35143308

In an unprecedented step, Twitter temporarily suspended the account of President Donald Trump Wednesday after he repeatedly posted false accusations about the election after his supporters stormed the Capitol following a Trump rally.

Twitter said it was requiring Trump to remove tweets and locking the president's account "for 12 hours following the removal of these Tweets. If the Tweets are not removed, the account will remain locked." The company said Trump's account also could be suspended permanently if future violations of its rules, "including our Civic Integrity or Violent Threats policies," occur.

Facebook also said it would block Trump from posting content for a 24-hour period, The New York Times reported.

Meanwhile, Facebook removed a short video by Trump in which he urged supporters who stormed the U.S. Capitol Wednesday to “go home” while also repeating false accusations about the integrity of the presidential election.

YouTube also said it has removed the Trump video for spreading false claims about widespread election fraud. But a copy of the video was still easy to find as of Wednesday evening.

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

Guy Rosen, Facebook’s vice president of integrity, said on Twitter Wednesday that the video was removed because it “contributes to rather than diminishes the risk of ongoing violence.”

The video was issued more than two hours after protesters began storming the Capitol on Wednesday as lawmakers convened for an extraordinary joint session to confirm the Electoral College results and President-elect Joe Biden’s victory.

Trump supporters try to break through a police barrier at the Capitol in Washington D.C.Lawmakers react to Capitol protests, urge peace
    Trump opened his video saying, “I know your pain. I know your hurt. But you have to go home now.”

He also went on to call the supporters “very special.” He also said: “We can’t play into the hands of these people. We have to have peace. So go home. We love you. You’re very special.”

Republican lawmakers and previous administration officials had begged Trump to give a statement to his supporters to quell the violence. The statement came as authorities struggled to take control of a chaotic situation at the Capitol that led to the evacuation of lawmakers.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/tech/...ons/index.html

Facebook bans Trump from posting for remainder of his term in office

Facebook will ban President Donald Trump's account from posting for at least the remainder of his term in office and perhaps "indefinitely," CEO Mark Zuckerberg said in a blog post on Thursday.
    "We believe the risks of allowing the President to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great," Zuckerberg wrote in the post. "Therefore, we are extending the block we have placed on his Facebook and Instagram accounts indefinitely and for at least the next two weeks until the peaceful transition of power is complete."
    The decision marks a major escalation by Facebook as it and other platforms have come under intense pressure from advocacy groups and prominent figures to ban Trump following his inflammatory rhetoric encouraging insurrection.
    Facebook and Twitter took the extraordinary step on Wednesday of temporarily locking President Donald Trump's account on their platforms after his supporters stormed the Capitol building to protest the election.

If the latest restrictions hold, Facebook could be the first major platform to remove Trump permanently.
    Facebook's move now raises expectations for Twitter, known for being the president's preferred social media platform, to follow suit. Twitter has confirmed that Trump deleted several tweets in order to regain his tweeting privileges sometime on Thursday, though the company declined to say when precisely he would be able to tweet again.
    Twitter also said that "future violations... will result in permanent suspension of the @realDonaldTrump account."
    "There's this element of all the companies hand-wringing until one of them takes a step, and then in a few minutes, everyone does it," said Adam Sharp, Twitter's former head of news, government and elections. "Nobody wants to be the first, and they just take turns on who is going to be the first one to go that time around. Then they all 'Thelma and Louise' it and make the call."
    The underlying problem facing most tech platforms, he said, is that the gravity of Trump's misconduct goes far beyond the companies' efforts to build standardized systems for punishing misbehavior.
    In his blog post Thursday, Zuckerberg said Facebook had determined that Trump's recent posts were "likely" intended to escalate the violence rather than the opposite.

Trump has shown he "intends to use his remaining time in office to undermine the peaceful and lawful transition of power to his elected successor, Joe Biden," Zuckerberg wrote.
    Facebook has already described the events surrounding Trump's posts this week as an emergency. Now, Zuckerberg has finally revealed where Facebook will draw the line for Trump ? at nothing less than a deadly assault on Congress.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...election-riots

Twitch disables Trump's channel

witch said Thursday it has disabled President Trump's channel on the gaming service, making it the latest tech platform to crack down on the President's accounts after his supporters stormed the US Capitol building.

“In light of yesterday’s shocking attack on the Capitol, we have disabled President Trump’s Twitch channel," the company said in a statement. "Given the current extraordinary circumstances and the President's incendiary rhetoric, we believe this is a necessary step to protect our community and prevent Twitch from being used to incite further violence."

The move from the Amazon-owned gaming service comes as other platforms escalate their restrictions on the President's accounts.

On Thursday, Facebook banned Trump's account from posting on the platform for at least the duration of his term in office, and possibly "indefinitely." A day earlier, Twitter locked Trump’s account temporarily, and warned for the first time that it could suspend him permanently.

Trump has a significantly smaller audience on Twitch than he does on Twitter and Facebook.

Why the fuck does he have a Twitch account?
    I'm moving on alone over ground that no one owns past statues that atone for my sins
    There's a guard on every door and a drink on every floor
    Overflowing with a thousand amens - Tom Petty

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    LOL, I wondered the same thing. I'm imagining him streaming video games at 3am in the White House basement.

To find backup accounts just in case the White House is banned on Youtube?

I have no idea what Twitch is. When I read it, my first thought was "they spelled Twitter wrong"

I have no idea what Twitch is. When I read it, my first thought was "they spelled Twitter wrong"
    It's a streaming channel mostly populated by gamers.

https://www.twitch.tv/

It's basically Youtube for Gamers.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...trump-n1253588

Permanently removed from twitter

And just like that -POOF. It?s all gone
    https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Thread Information