Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trump and his Twitter and Facebook accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbirdie View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...trump-n1253588

Permanently removed from twitter

And just like that -POOF. It?s all gone
    https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump
    Omg he's going to die

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Omg he's going to die
    You know he’s seriously blowing a gasket right now

You know he’s seriously blowing a gasket right now
    He's probably going to start tweet using someone else's account.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    He's probably going to start tweet using someone else's account.
    I don’t think his ego could take that. I bet he runs to Parler if anything.

I read just recently that when Twitter suspended his account for 24 hours, he used one of his aides' accounts.

I read just recently that when Twitter suspended his account for 24 hours, he used one of his aides' accounts.
    https://qz.com/1953830/trumps-near-c...itter-account/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...JwEiTwwVTMaJcM

Twitter on Friday permanently suspended President Donald Trump from the site, meting out its toughest punishment two days after a deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol “due to the risk of further incitement of violence.”

Twitter said Trump’s recent tweets — praising his supporters as “great American patriots” and announcing he would not attend the inauguration of Joseph Biden as the next president of the United States — together threatened to ratchet up tensions in a country still reeling from the violent, pro-Trump mob that stormed the House and Senate.

The suspension amounted to a historic rebuke for a president who had used the social-networking site to rise to political prominence. Twitter had been Trump’s primary megaphone, the tool he tapped to push his policies, drive political news cycles, disperse advantageous falsehoods, savage his critics and speak to more than 88 million supporters and critics almost every day.

Twitter had resisted taking action against Trump for years, even as critics called on the company to suspend him, out of a belief that a world leader should be able to speak to his or her citizens unfettered. But Trump’s escalating tweets casting doubt on the 2020 election — and the riot at the U.S. Capitol his comments helped inspire — led the company to reverse course.

In doing so, Twitter joined Facebook in punishing the president in the waning hours of his first term. Facebook said Thursday its suspension is indefinite, lasting at least the next two weeks, citing a similar belief that the risks are “simply too great” at a moment of transition for the country. Both tech giants previously joined Google-owned YouTube in removing or limiting access to Trump’s posts, including a video he shared earlier this week that once against advanced widely disproved falsehoods about the validity of the 2020 vote.

Twitter said it delivered its final banishment out of a concern that Trump’s tweets essentially amounted to a “glorification of violence.” The company said his stated intention to skip the inauguration essentially served as “further confirmation that the election was not legitimate.” Trump’s rallying cry to his supporters, meanwhile, served as “encouragement to those potentially considering violent acts“ — partly because the president made clear he would not be attending Biden’s official swearing-in ceremony.

The decision marked a dramatic departure from Twitter’s prior approach to Trump. And in considering how his supporters might read and interpret his messages, it potentially opened the door for the company to take a more aggressive approach on other content, including tweets from political leaders, in the future, experts said.

“That’s a standard that’s never existed,” said Alex Stamos, a former Facebook chief security officer, now head of Stanford Internet Observatory, a disinformation research group. “The ‘impact’ standard has never existed.”

Stamos added that Twitter’s action — and Facebook’s recent enforcement efforts — meant that "the right-wing social media ecosystem in America has been shattered.”

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The move comes amid a wave of criticism from Democratic lawmakers and Twitter’s own employees, who demanded in a letter written this week that the company’s leaders permanently suspend Trump’s account. In an internal letter addressed to chief executive Jack Dorsey and his top executives viewed by The Washington Post, roughly 350 Twitter employees requested an investigation into the past several years of corporate actions that led to Twitter’s role in the insurrection.

Facebook bans Trump indefinitely, CEO Mark Zuckerberg says

“Despite our efforts to serve the public conversation, as Trump’s megaphone, we helped fuel the deadly events of January 6th,” the employees wrote. “We request an investigation into how our public policy decisions led to the amplification of serious anti-democratic threats. We must learn from our mistakes in order to avoid causing future harm.”

“We play an unprecedented role in civil society and the world’s eyes are upon us. Our decisions this week will cement our place in history, for better or worse,” the employees added.

In a statement, Twitter spokesperson Brandon Borrman wrote, “Twitter encourages an open dialogue between our leadership and employees, and we welcome our employees expressing their thoughts and concerns in whichever manner feels right to them.”

Letter to Jack Dorsey from Twitter employees asking to permanently suspend Donald Trump’s account

Twitter on Wednesday initially labeled Trump’s tweets about the election as disputed. But a subsequent video from the president — calling for calm while continuing to peddle disinformation — prompted the company to step up its enforcement actions. Twitter ultimately locked the president out of his account for the first time, requiring him to delete his offending tweets — then wait 12 hours — in order to regain access. That came Thursday morning, and Trump issued his first public comments on the site later that night. Twitter said it would suspend Trump permanently if he continues to break its rules, putting users at risk.

The letter is addressed to “Staff,” company lingo for C-suite executives who report directly to Dorsey, including Vijaya Gadde, who leads the company’s legal, policy, and trust and safety divisions. During a virtual meeting on Friday afternoon, Dorsey and Gadde shared their thoughts on Twitter’s response, according to an employee, who requested anonymity for fear of retaliation.

After Twitter’s first-ever blockade of Trump’s account, chief executive Mark Zuckerberg announced Thursday morning that Facebook would also escalate its response to Trump. For the first time, Zuckerberg said Trump would be blocked from posting to his Facebook and Instagram accounts "for at least the next two weeks until the peaceful transition of power is complete.”

Zuckerberg’s response also followed internal pressure, including questions from employees posted on an internal message board.

Oh my gosh, he never fails to surprise me! Ty!

Saturday Night Live is going to have a field day with this. He basically gives them their material.

I'm sure all the stuff going on has to be a blow to his Narcissistic ego.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Good luck with that.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/tech/...ved/index.html

Right-wing social media app Parler has been removed from the Google Play store

Parler, the alternative social media platform popular with conservatives, has been banned from the Google Play Store, Google told CNN Business Friday evening

Google said its app store has long required that apps displaying user generated content have moderation policies in place to prevent the spread of violent rhetoric.

"We're aware of continued posting in the Parler app that seeks to incite ongoing violence in the US," a Google spokesperson said. "We recognize that there can be reasonable debate about content policies and that it can be difficult for apps to immediately remove all violative content, but for us to distribute an app through Google Play, we do require that apps implement robust moderation for egregious content. In light of this ongoing and urgent public safety threat, we are suspending the app's listings from the Play Store until it addresses these issues."

The decision marks a major blow to President Donald Trump's supporters, many of whom have found a home on the Parler platform. But it does not completely deny them access to the app. Because Android allows for third-party app stores, Parler can still be hosted on app stores not operated by Google.

Google's decision follows a report by BuzzFeed News that Apple has threatened to remove Parler from the iOS App Store. (Apple declined to comment on the report.)

Parler is among a group of relatively new platforms that have billed themselves as free speech alternatives in hopes of courting conservatives who believe larger platforms are censoring their views.

The suspension from Google Play came during the same evening in which Twitter banned President Trump's @realDonaldTrump account from its social network. The move effectively strips Trump of his preferred social network, which he'd used throughout his presidency to bypass traditional media and direct his message to his tens of millions of followers.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/tech/...ban/index.html

"To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th."

Twitter said the tweet concerning inauguration could be viewed as a further statement that the election was not legitimate. It also said that the tweet could be interpreted as Trump saying that the inauguration would be a "safe" target for violence because he would not be attending.

Trump's other statement about American patriots suggested that "he plans to continue to support, empower, and shield those who believe he won the election," Twitter said.

Twitter's ban specifically addresses "the @realDonaldTrump account," not President Donald Trump personally.

Twitter will enforce its policy against ban evasions to ensure that President Donald Trump does not circumvent his personal account's suspension, the company told CNN.

"If it is clear that another account is being used for the purposes of evading a ban, it is also subject to suspension," Twitter said in a statement. "For government accounts, such as @POTUS and @WhiteHouse, we will not suspend those accounts but will take action to limit their use. However, these accounts will be transitioned over to the new administration in due course and will not be suspended by Twitter unless absolutely necessary to alleviate real-world harm."

Twitter's policy would also prohibit Trump from directing a third party to operate a Twitter account on his behalf.

....and then five minutes later I see this.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...liveBlogHeader

Trump circumvents Twitter ban with POTUS account, vowing to take on social media giant

President Trump tweeted Friday night from the official POTUS Twitter account, vowing to fight the social media giant for its permanent suspension of his personal account.

However, those tweets, which a harangue about silencing free speech, were quickly removed.

Trump promised to fight back against the social media giant and possible create a platform of his own.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 01-08-2021 at 05:48 PM.

He already tweeted somethings on the POTUS account and it was taken down, I think

And can you imagine the outrage on parler right now?

It's not just Trump.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...purge-n1253550

Twitter on Friday removed the accounts of Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell and other high-profile supporters of President Donald Trump who promoted the QAnon conspiracy theory.

The permanent bans are among the highest profile that the company has instituted as part of its efforts to crack down on misinformation and calls for violence.

Flynn and Powell both met with Trump at the White House in recent weeks as part of efforts to overturn the presidential election results. They are also high-profile figures in the QAnon community, and Flynn even took an “oath” to the conspiracy theory last year.

“The accounts have been suspended in line with our policy on Coordinated Harmful Activity," a Twitter spokesperson told NBC News. "We’ve been clear that we will take strong enforcement action on behavior that has the potential to lead to offline harm, and given the renewed potential for violence surrounding this type of behavior in the coming days, we will permanently suspend accounts that are solely dedicated to sharing QAnon content."

Twitter also removed the account of Ron Watkins, the administrator of the website 8kun, which was formerly named 8chan and hosts posts from Q, the false digital “prophet” at the heart of the QAnon conspiracy theory.

8chan changed its name last summer after white supremacists used the site to post manifestos before committing mass murder, including a terror attack at a mall in El Paso, Texas, that killed 17 in 2019.

Watkins, who lives in Japan, and Powell have spent recent weeks pushing false claims about Dominion Voting Systems and the company's role in the U.S. elections, as well as targeting private citizens with false claims of election fraud. Powell was sued by Dominion Voting Systems on Friday for $1.3 billion.

The bans come two days after Twitter locked down Trump's account and warned that he risks a permanent ban if he continues to violate the company's policies. Trump posted a video in response to the mob that stormed the Capitol in which he continued to spread false claims about the election. His account is no longer locked.

I would have loved to be the Twitter employee who got to press that button. They should have at least live streamed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    I would have loved to be the Twitter employee who got to press that button. They should have at least live streamed it.
    I would have paid to watch that!

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...erlords-2021-1

Donald Trump Jr. says 'the world is laughing at America' as he rails against his dad's Twitter ban, saying 'free speech is dead'

Donald Trump Jr., the eldest son of President Donald Trump, on Saturday took to Twitter to rebuke his father's permanent ban from the platform.

"The world is laughing at America & Mao, Lenin, & Stalin are smiling," Trump Jr. said in a tweet. "Big tech is able to censor the President? Free speech is dead & controlled by leftist overlords."

His comments Saturday echo those he made Friday, in which he said freedom of speech "no longer exists in America. It died with big tech and what's left is only there for a chosen few."

Read more: Secret Service experts are speculating in group chats about how Trump might be hauled out of the White House if he won't budge on Inauguration Day

Twitter on Friday evening said the president, who during his administration used Twitter as his primary way to communicate with Americans, had been permanently banned from tweeting. The ban followed Wednesday's deadly insurrection at the US Capitol where supporters of the president stormed the building while lawmakers were meeting to discuss the certification of the Electoral College vote.

Prior to the January 6 insurrection, Trump had encouraged his Twitter followers to come to Washington, DC, as part of the "Stop the Steal" movement, which baselessly alleges Trump's loss to President-elect Joe Biden was the result of widespread voter fraud. There is no evidence of widespread fraud in the election, and Trump and his allies weren't able to substantiate the claim during the months he refused to concede his loss.

"After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence," the company said in a statement Friday night.

Despite claims by the president's allies, his bans from platforms like Facebook and Twitter do not violate the First Amendment or other US law, as Insider previously noted.
    What a dumbass! You don't have free speech to incite violence. Boo hoo Jr

I'm going to drop this here. Twitter used for good, rather than for evil.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1348249481284874240
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I'm going to drop this here. Twitter used for good, rather than for evil.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1348249481284874240
    Good video.
    When Arnold compared Proud Boys to the Nazis, I thought of Trump as Hitler. He may not say it loudly, but the people he surrounds himself with makes me feel that if he got another four years, what would stop him from trying to rule another four or to make himself king?

I'm glad that Georgia turned blue. I'm sure all the women and minorities that normally don't vote stood up and said, enough is enough. We're not going to live another four years with this narcissistic tyrant in charge.

I must confess, I don't care about politics normally. I usually just go along with whatever candidate my husband likes, because to me, all the presidential candidates have sucked. I'm not a Democrat or a Republican or a Liberal.
    But this time, I decided not to go with my husband's choice. I voted Biden.

My husband thinks of Trump as a businessman and not a politician. He says Trump doesn't feed us the same bull as politicians and he's done a lot of good. I'm not sure what good he's done?! Can someone play devil's advocate and tell me what good he's done?

Good video.
    When Arnold compared Proud Boys to the Nazis, I thought of Trump as Hitler. He may not say it loudly, but the people he surrounds himself with makes me feel that if he got another four years, what would stop him from trying to rule another four or to make himself king?

I'm glad that Georgia turned blue. I'm sure all the women and minorities that normally don't vote stood up and said, enough is enough. We're not going to live another four years with this narcissistic tyrant in charge.

I must confess, I don't care about politics normally. I usually just go along with whatever candidate my husband likes, because to me, all the presidential candidates have sucked. I'm not a Democrat or a Republican or a Liberal.
    But this time, I decided not to go with my husband's choice. I voted Biden.

My husband thinks of Trump as a businessman and not a politician. He says Trump doesn't feed us the same bull as politicians and he's done a lot of good. I'm not sure what good he's done?! Can someone play devil's advocate and tell me what good he's done?
    I'm sorry, I can' help you in that. He has come in and destroyed all our protections for food, water, virgin land, national parks, etc. He has targeted immigrants, women, racial minorities. He has pulled us out of climate agreements. He gassed peaceful protestors for a photo op. He has expressed incestuous thoughts about one of his daughters. He has raised the debt in America by a far larger percentage than any president in history. For his own political gain he denied a pandemic, and railed against the only mediation means we had (masks) which resulted in his followers not wearing them and causing tens of thousands more to die. He palled around with dictators. Oh, ok...here's a positive for the LARGE business community...he lowered taxes for them, but the middle class paid for it.

People who think Trump is a non-politician, and 'drained the swamp' worry me. It makes me think they like the horrible things he has done, and want to couch their admiration for him under the guise of him being a good businessman.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...ntent-n1253648

Amazon suspends hosting Parler on its servers over violent content

Amazon will suspend social media site Parler from its server hosting service on Sunday over violent content that has also prompted Google Play and Apple to remove the platform from its app stores.

Parler, the “Twitter for conservatives,” was used by supporters of President Donald Trump to express hatred and threaten violence that culminated in Wednesday's riots at the U.S. Capitol, the tech giants said.

"Recently, we’ve seen a steady increase in this violent content on your website, all of which violates our terms," Amazon Web Services trust and safety team said in a letter to Parler obtained by NBC News.

"It’s clear that Parler does not have an effective process to comply with the AWS terms of service."

Parler CEO John Matze, writing on his platform, called the decision by Amazon an "attempt to completely remove free speech off the internet."

"There is the possibility Parler will be unavailable on the internet for up to a week as we rebuild from scratch," he wrote.

Matze accused the Silicon Valley tech giants of a "coordinated effort knowing our options would be limited and knowing this would inflict the most damage right as President Trump was banned from the tech companies."

Trump's son, Donald Trump, Jr., described the situation in a tweet as a "purge of conservative ideas and thought leaders."

Twitter permanently suspended the president on Friday, citing “the risk of further incitement of violence.” The next day, Apple's App Store joined Google Play in suspending Parler until it adopts stricter content moderation.

"We have always supported diverse points of view being represented on the App Store, but there is no place on our platform for threats of violence and illegal activity," Apple said in a statement Saturday.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 01-10-2021 at 07:41 AM.

I decided not to go with my husband's choice. I voted Biden.

Good for you, I think you chose wisely!

Trump as a businessman, not a politician. Well yes. A failed business man, a slumlord, a predatory college owner. A.... OK, that's not what you asked. I'll try to answer.

*disclaimer. The "good" Trump has done is only good from certain points of view.

Tax relief for the top income brackets. If you were rich in 2016, you are richer now, most likely. Good for you!

Relief from burdensome regulations. If your company was forced (or about to be forced) to do expensive things to protect the environment, or at least minimize the damage you do, good news. You don't need to make those changes now, pollute away.

If your business model runs on the backs of marginalized workers, good news. OSHA and other agencys that protect workers have been gutted.

If it benefits you to have a heavily funded militarized police force, thank Trump for his help.

If you are an insurance company terrified that you'll be put out of business because universal health care and the ACA is costing you business, Trump was a godsend

If you are a medical provider terrified that universal health care will change your business model (providing elective, unnecessary care to the wealthy and well insured,) good news, we've gutted that messy mandate. Well it was good news until the pandemic came along bankrupting your liposuction practice.

If you like conservative judges, Trump and his gang got you 3 at the supreme level and 100s? 1000s? at the lower levels. (Conservative judges really are a not entirely terrible thing) Look how well they did stomping out the flames of election fraud.

And one thing that might have really been for the best. His operation "warp speed" initiative does seem to have yielded several viable vaccines that might well have taken longer to come to market under a more hands on administration.

So to sum up, he has done things, or more often NOT done things that did / do benefit certain groups and classes of people. The fact that he put the whole country, no the whole world, in greater danger, peril, distress, etc., notwithstanding.

Now if you're not a rich industrialist? You are decidedly not better off than you were before.

And finally, I like to push back on better a business man than a politician. Business people, by definition, try to do whats right for their business. That doesn't automatically translate to what's best for everyone, it doesn't even mean whats best for their customers or employees. It means what's profitable for the business. And Trump has never (multiple bankruptcies remember) been good at that.

A politician should be looking out for the best interests of the voters, a smart politician would look out for all voters, those that voted for her and those that did not. The common welfare as it's called. A dumb politician looks out only for his own voters. A crook goes into politics to benefit himself. Trump, is a crook.
    Last edited by puzzld; 01-10-2021 at 08:00 AM.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Good list Puzz!

One point though, the first vaccine came from outside of the Warp Speed Operation...They did not take government money and were not part of the program, so it's arguable that the initiative made it truly happen earlier than it would have otherwise. Also, the Trump rollout of the vaccine now that it's here has been abysmal. What's the point in rushing to make it if the government overseeing it slows everything down to a halt and people aren't getting vaccinated?

Good list Puzz!

One point though, the first vaccine came from outside of the Warp Speed Operation...They did not take government money and were not part of the program, so it's arguable that the initiative made it truly happen earlier than it would have otherwise. Also, the Trump rollout of the vaccine now that it's here has been abysmal. What's the point in rushing to make it if the government overseeing it slows everything down to a halt and people aren't getting vaccinated?
    I didn't touch on the great sell off of public lands to oil and mining interest. Clearly a win if you want to despoil millions of acres of pristine wilderness for personal profit. Breaks my heart.

I don't disagree on the vaccine front... but it could be argued, and has been by a semi sane R veterinarian that I know... "the government didn't get in the way of vaccine development" and I do agree with that. The first vaccine would still have been developed, but still be lingering awaiting approval had the FDA been acting more like the very cautious org that they have been in the past. I don't know that Trump did anything to help, but his inaction... Anyway.

Yes deployment is a flustercluck. Trump was going to use the military. What happened with that? Is he holding them in reserve to say invade the capitol? Overturn the election?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'd like to add a disclaimer to Warp Speed.

It's not as if we wouldn't have needed the vaccines PRONTO either way, but he took actions that cost WAY more lives than had to happen in the first place.

Anyway, enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

The fact that people on the Healthcare front are refusing to get vaccinated worries me. I don't think a lot of people understand that the vaccine doesn't contain the virus like the flu shot.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    The fact that people on the Healthcare front are refusing to get vaccinated worries me. I don't think a lot of people understand that the vaccine doesn't contain the virus like the flu shot.
    I'm honestly not understanding that either. You would think people in that field of work would understand what goes in to this vaccine. It's terrifying to think that some of them have also been brainwashed with this Qanon crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Thread Information