Thread: Man Just Charged with Wis. Woman's (Lisa Holstead, 22) 1986 Cold-Case Murder: He Wasn't on Anybody's Radar

Man Just Charged with Wis. Woman's (Lisa Holstead, 22) 1986 Cold-Case Murder: He Wasn't on Anybody's Radar

https://people.com/crime/man-arreste...d-case-murder/

Authorities in Wisconsin believe they have solved Green Bay's oldest cold case with the arrest of a 65-year-old man they allege strangled Lisa Holstead to death back in 1986.

The arrest of Lou Griffin was announced Thursday. He was arrested at his house in Racine on a first-degree intentional homicide charge early the previous morning.

Holstead, 22, was killed with a piece of her own clothing back in August of 1986.

Her body was recovered from a marshy area of Green Bay near the Ken Euers Nature Park.

"He wasn't on anybody's radar back in 1986 when this homicide occurred," Green Bay Police Chief Andrew Smith told reporters in announcing the arrest.

Holstead was a single mother with one child. Police said she was last seen in Green Bay running from her boyfriend's car following an argument.

The couple lived together, and her boyfriend told investigators she never made it home that night.

According to court records obtained by PEOPLE, DNA from semen recovered from Holstead's body was compared with a DNA sample taken from the boyfriend in 1998. It was also entered into the national DNA database, but no match was returned.

Over the years, detectives started looking at Griffin as a possible suspect, noting he was released from prison on May 20, 1986, after being convicted in 1981 of second-degree child sexual assault.

When Holstead was murdered, Griffin apparently resided in Green Bay.

Smith did not discuss what led detectives to surveil Griffin in recent months, but they did.

In mid-September, police observed him smoking outside his residence, and retrieved the discarded filter. They also pulled beer cans from a dumpster outside his home.

Police alleged that Griffin sexually assaulted Holstead before killing her. Griffin denied knowing Holstead at first, and when confronted with the DNA evidence, allegedly acknowledged he may have slept with her but did not murder her.

"It's a good day that we believe we've solved a homicide," Smith told the press. "But it's also a sad day. Lisa Holstead lost her life. Her child lost his mother."

Griffin is being held on $1 million.

He will be asked to enter a plea to the charge against him during a hearing set for Dec. 10. It was unclear who his lawyer was Friday.

Lou Griffin was sentenced Monday to ten years in prison for the death of Lisa Holstead.

Back in January, Griffin pleaded “no contest” to a charge of Homicide by Reckless Conduct. The court found him guilty.

Griffin was originally charged with 1st Degree Intentional Homicide, a higher class of felony than the reckless conduct charge.
    https://www.wbay.com/2023/03/27/lou-...lisa-holstead/

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Ten years. That's what he gets for raping and murdering a woman. TEN. YEARS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Ten years. That's what he gets for raping and murdering a woman. TEN. YEARS.
    Yeah it's crazy. And I am willing to bet there are more victims.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yeah it's crazy. And I am willing to bet there are more victims.
    That was exactly my thought too. You don't just decide one day that you're going to rape and murder someone. You work up to that kind of thing.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    WTF? 10 measly years????

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    That was exactly my thought too. You don't just decide one day that you're going to rape and murder someone. You work up to that kind of thing.
    Plus he got away with it for so long, I'm sure he did it again after.

I mean.....I could see if the guy were 90 years old or something. Ten years would literally be a life sentence at that point. But the dude is sixty five years old. He could get out and enjoy his golden years. AFTER RAPING AND MURDERING A WOMAN. And we all know that ten years is never just ten years. He'll get released for good behavior or overcrowding or some other stupid reason. What the actual fuck.

Reckless conduct? WTF she wasnt a passanger in his speeding car.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information