Thread: Vanessa Ceja-Ramiez (22) found strangled in a nature preserve days after she went missing

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

Vanessa Ceja-Ramiez (22) found strangled in a nature preserve days after she went missing

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...s-say/2364421/

The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office identified the woman's body found in the Midlothian Meadows nature preserve as 22-year-old Vanessa Ceja-Ramiez, who has been missing since Monday.

The Cook County Forest Preserves Police reported that a woman's body was found in the woods of Midlothian Meadows Wednesday afternoon with the cause of death still pending.

Earlier this week, police reported to be searching for a woman from Harvey who had been reported missing by her mother.

"Forest Preserves of Cook County police, in conjunction with officers from the Cook County Sheriff?s Office and Midlothian Police Department, searched in the evening of Nov. 2 at Midlothian Meadows forest preserve for Vanessa Ceja, a 22-year-old female from Harvey, Illinois, after her mother told law enforcement that her daughter was not waiting for her at her car after a walk on the trail in the preserve," police said.

According to officials, the officers searched the preserve, local stores and other locations on foot and Razor, while using a helicopter along with search and rescue dogs. Authorities said the search was unsuccessful.

Police were able to track Ceja's cell phone to an apartment complex in Oak Forest, but were unable to determine if she was at the site, officials said.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...mry-story.html

The death of a Harvey woman found in a forest preserve after she vanished Monday following a walk in a nature preserve with her mother and a friend was a homicide, the Cook County medical examiner’s office determined Thursday.

The body of Vanessa Ceja-Ramirez, 22, was found Wednesday afternoon at the Midlothian Meadows Forest Preserve, 15300 S. Pulaski Road near Midlothian, according to the medical examiner’s office. The cause of death was found to be ligature strangulation, the office following an autopsy Thursday.
    The Cook County sheriff’s office is conducting a death investigation.

Ceja-Ramirez disappeared Monday after she decided to return to a car midway through a walk in the nature preserve with her mother and friend. When they returned to the car, she wasn’t there and could not be located or contacted, police said.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Who goes walking in the park reserve in Chicago, during winter? Was it not cold there? This is suspicious.

In the 50s according to Accuweather. https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ch...weather/348308
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    In the 50s according to Accuweather. https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ch...weather/348308
    50s is cold to me, but I am constantly on the borderline for anemia. I hope that they find out what happened.

50s is cold to me, but I am constantly on the borderline for anemia. I hope that they find out what happened.
    a couple of days ago it was even colder
    around 45

Quote Originally Posted by samll View Post
    a couple of days ago it was even colder
    around 45
    Shorts and sandals weather!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Shorts and sandals weather!
    We hit the 60's and I am breaking out the jackets and heavy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    We hit the 60's and I am breaking out the jackets and heavy pants.
    Same! It's in the 60's here (but in the 40's at night/early morning) and I busted out my hoodies!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

So, this is creepy. She went for a walk with people she knew, wandered off, and ended up murdered. Was there some lunatic hiding in the woods? Or were they followed in by someone they knew? Or did the mother/friend team do it?
    I'm moving on alone over ground that no one owns past statues that atone for my sins
    There's a guard on every door and a drink on every floor
    Overflowing with a thousand amens - Tom Petty

https://abc7chicago.com/vanessa-ceja...thian/7906325/

Despite the pain over their loss, Ceja-Ramirez's family remains determined to find whomever is responsible for her murder.

"Vanessa Ceja-Ramirez did not deserve any of what happened to her," Abrams said.

Standing in the last place this 22-year-old Harvey woman was seen alive, her family shared what her killer took away from them.

"Vanessa was kind, loving, a precious soul, loved her family and friends," Abrams said.

Friends and supporters held signs that read "Justice for Vanessa" as her family announced an increased reward for any leads in her case.

"Anyone out there no matter how small think it was, a sound, a voice, something-call," urged Midlothian Mayor Gary L'Heureux.

RELATED: Harvey woman who disappeared on walk in Midlothian forest preserve was strangled, autopsy finds

Autopsy results released Thursday revealed Ceja-Ramirez died of asphyxiation due to a ligature strangulation, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office. Her death has been ruled a homicide.

"It was brutal and it was vicious," crisis responder Andrew Holmes said.

Ceja-Ramirez was last seen Monday afternoon. She'd been walking with her mother in the Midlothian Meadows forest preserve, but decided to separate and said she'd meet her later at the car. The 22-year-old teaching aide never made it.

Police were called, and helicopters and dogs were dispatched to the 2-square-mile, triangle-shaped wooded area. They picked up Ceja Ramirez's scent at 151st and Pulaski and then her cellphone's last ping, which led investigators to an apartment building 2 miles away in Oak Forest. A police canvass found nothing.

As friends and family gathered Wednesday afternoon to search the woods, suddenly police asked everyone to leave.

Forest preserve police confirmed a woman's body was found in the area. The Cook County medical examiner's office identified the woman's body as Ceja-Ramirez Wednesday evening.

"Basically the information we have obtained, Vanessa was strangled. She was tortured," community activist Andrew Holmes said. "Very shocking. No one should have to go through torture or getting beat and burned."

Ceja-Ramirez was a teacher's aide and was also attending college.

Holmes said earlier this week there was a $2,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest.

"To the individual, we ain't gonna stop. We are going to keep looking until we find out who you are, until we identify you, until you are brought to justice," he said.

Community activist Raul Montes Jr. said Sunday that he would add $2,000 to the reward, so it totaled $4,000.

The Cook County Sheriff's Office is handling the investigation.

Anyone with information about Ceja-Ramirez's disappearance or death is asked to contact sheriff's police detectives by calling 708-865-4896 or via email at detective.division@cookcountyil.gov.

This seems strange. They didn't hear her scream?

Thread Information