Thread: Esther "Essie" Nakajjigo (25) was decapitated by a gate that swung into her car at Arches National Park

Esther "Essie" Nakajjigo (25) was decapitated by a gate that swung into her car at Arches National Park

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ident-n1245517

The trip to the wind-weathered sandstone of Arches National Park was supposed to be a celebration ? a chance for Ludovic Michaud, of Denver, to show his new wife one of his favorite landmarks. Instead, the Utah park became the site of a horrific accident that killed her.

Michaud's wife, Esther Nakajjigo, 25, was a celebrated human rights activist in her home country of Uganda. On June 13, she was ?needlessly decapitated? by a metal gate that swung into the couple?s car as they were exiting the Arches parking lot on their way to go get ice cream, according to a wrongful death administrative claim exclusively obtained by NBC News.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-22-2022 at 01:00 PM.

Im still trying to figure out the logistics of this. The gate went through the side passanger window and decapitated her?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What kind of car were they driving?

I have been to Arches, and went through that entrance before-
    But I'm having a hard time conceiving of what exactly totally happened for all of this to occur...

https://www.newvision.co.ug/news/152...t-nakajjigo-us
    Saturday, June 13, turned dark at noon in the lives of Ugandan activists as it marked the end of a bright ray of hope Esther Nakajjigo.

According to the official statement from Wilson Jaga, the communications head for the office of the Ugandan Women and Girls, Nakajjigo was hit by a metallic gate of the Arches National Park due to a heavy storm.

The car in which she was traveling was smashed causing her instant death.
    The freaky accident happened near the Park's visitor center according to the Times-Independent as Nakajjigo had gone for a vacation in Utah County.

The Grand County Sheriff's Office, Grand County EMS, the Moab City Police Department, and the Moab Valley Fire Department responded to the accident scene later and it was confirmed that the fatal accident was an ?extrication of an 85-echo' meaning it was an ?obvious fatality' according to the Moab Times.
    ??
    https://www.moabtimes.com/articles/a...-car-accident/
    The main entrance to Arches National Park temporarily closed Saturday afternoon, June 13 because of a car accident that occurred near the park?s visitor center. The park service confirmed Monday, June 15 that one person died in the crash but did not release the identity of the victim.

According to a dispatch from 1:48 p.m. to Grand County Emergency Medical Services, a ?possible decapitation? occurred near the park entrance, involving a gate and a car. The Moab Valley Fire Department was dispatched to the park entrance an hour later for ?an extrication of an 85-echo,? which is an abbreviation for an ?obvious fatality.?

Emergency response personnel from the park service, the Grand County Sheriff?s Office, Grand County EMS, the Moab City Police Department and the Moab Valley Fire Department responded to the scene to assist with the accident.

https://www.discovermoab.com/arches-webcam/

I would like to see a pic of the gate....can't wrap my brain around how this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Utah Park Sued For $270M After Human Rights Activist is Decapitated by Security Gate

https://toofab.com/2020/11/02/utah-p...security-gate/

Her husband was driving out of Arches National Park to get ice cream when a parking lot gate swung into the car.

The husband of a human rights activist decapitated at a Utah park is suing for $270million.

Ludovic Michaud was driving with his 25-year-old wife Esther Nakajjigo out of Arches National Park to get ice cream on June 13 when a metal gate swung into the car and cut her head off, according to a wrongful death administrative claim obtained by NBC News.

The claim alleges that had park employees used an $8 padlock to secure the gate from moving in the breeze, it could have avoided the victim being "needlessly decapitated".

Instead, "the end of the lance-like gate pierced the side of their car and penetrated it like a hot knife through butter."

The gate narrowly avoided Michaud, who was left covered head to toe in his wife's blood.

Nakajjigo was a women's rights champion in her home country of Uganda; she founded a nonprofit community health center using her college tuition money, and created two reality TV shows centered around empowering women: "a young woman influencer destined to become our society's future Princess Diana, Philanthropist Melinda Gates, or Oprah Winfrey."

Having received numerous international accolades and awards, she came to the United States to further her education, where she met Michaud — a video streaming technology solution architect — via a dating app.

They wed in a courthouse ceremony in March, and had plans to have a big ceremony in Uganda when it was safe to travel again.

Instead he was left with PTSD and flashbacks of watching his wife die right beside him.

"I felt completely meaningless" he told the broadcaster. "I couldn't work properly for a couple of months. It's still hard to concentrate, but I try to."

Attorney Deborah Chang said the large monetary damages being sought by Nakajjigo's widower and her parents reflect the pain and suffering, as well as the loss of her future income and fundraising abilities.

As part of the claim, Chang claims the federal government were aware of the danger park gates posed, as a camper was fatally impaled by one in California in 1980.

"There's a newsletter that went out to all the parks and the National Park Service that warned of this decades ago," she said. "They said you have to lock it or it’s going to impale a car, so everyone knows."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/esther-...nal-park-utah/

Trial begins two years after newlywed was beheaded by metal gate at Arches National Park in Utah

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Okay, now it makes a little more sense.

So, he's suing for 240 million and her parents in Uganda are only suing for 30 million? Not for nothing, but they were newlyweds. He'd be sitting pretty with that kind of money. I hope that he intends on giving the majority of it back in to the community that she was supporting in Uganda. She gave up her own tuition money for the cause and it's what she would have wanted. That money can go real far over there for women's rights and the community center.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Her shirt is ironic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I still dont understand how this happened.

And I feel like this is a final destination type death.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I still dont understand how this happened.

And I feel like this is a final destination type death.
    Same. I still don't understand it.

I've seen those gates, but the ends don't look very sharp. I understand that anything can pierce you if it has enough speed, but just how fast was the wind blowing?

This is horrible. One of my worst fears.

I read the ends were sharp like blades, but can't find a pic of them.
    I still can't quite grasp it. Was her window down?

I'm assuming that they swung in to the car from the force of the wind which can get pretty powerful in that area with all of the natural structures causing a wind tunnel effect. You add that to him traveling at a good clip and it's absolutely plausible. It wasn't like he had to slow down at the gate because it was open and it wasn't a checkpoint. So picture it like a car crash. Someone runs in to a pole and it can split a car (and person)in two. Now imagine that pole is horizontal and flying from the wind in to a car flying in the direction of it.

I think everyone is picturing a clean cut like a blade chopping her head off. It basically knocked her head right off her body.

The wind blowing the gate that hard at the exact time they were driving through is a final destination like death. Im guessing it went through the windshield?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    The wind blowing the gate that hard at the exact time they were driving through is a final destination like death. Im guessing it went through the windshield?
    That's my guess. Very final destination.

Then again, the whole reason the park is there is because of the winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I'm assuming that they swung in to the car from the force of the wind which can get pretty powerful in that area with all of the natural structures causing a wind tunnel effect. You add that to him traveling at a good clip and it's absolutely plausible. It wasn't like he had to slow down at the gate because it was open and it wasn't a checkpoint. So picture it like a car crash. Someone runs in to a pole and it can split a car (and person)in two. Now imagine that pole is horizontal and flying from the wind in to a car flying in the direction of it.

I think everyone is picturing a clean cut like a blade chopping her head off. It basically knocked her head right off her body.
    Thanks for this, Boston. It definitely helped me to understand how it happened.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...badd6aff343411

Family of Newlywed and Activist Decapitated at Utah's Arches National Park Awarded More Than $10M

Esther "Essie" Nakajjigo's husband Ludovic Michaud will receive $9.5 million while her mother Christine Namagembe will receive $700,000, according to the judgment filed in federal court. Essie's father John Bocso Kateregga will receive $350,000.

Hopefully the husband does something good with the money in her memory.

Holy shit 9.5 million? Damn. I wonder why her parents got so much less?

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Hopefully the husband does something good with the money in her memory.
    This

Thread Information