Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: South Jersey: Home to World's Ugliest Dog (and I don't mean Just Me -j/k!)

South Jersey: Home to World's Ugliest Dog (and I don't mean Just Me -j/k!)

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=animals_oddities&id=5414542

South Jersey Dog Crowned World's Ugliest
    AP

SONOMA, Calif. (AP) - June 22, 2007 - Elwood, a 2-year-old Chinese Crested and Chihuahua mix, was crowned as the world's ugliest dog here Friday, a distinction that delighted the New Jersey mutt's owners.
    Also on 6abc:
    Discuss This Story | More Animal Stories | Get 6abc.com Wireless | RSS Feeds
    6abc Podcasts | Video on Demand | Philadelphia Zoo Info
    Elwood, dark colored and hairless - save for a mohawk-like puff of white fur on his head - is often referred to as "Yoda," or "ET," for his resemblance to those famous science fiction characters.

"I think he's the cutest thing that ever lived," said Elwood's owner, Karen Quigley, a resident of Sewell, N.J.

Quigley brought Elwood out to compete for the second year at the annual ugly dog contest at the Marin-Sonoma County Fair. Elwood placed second last year.

Most of the competing canines were also Chinese Crested, a breed that features a mohawk, bug eyes and a long, wagging tongue.

Quigley said she rescued Elwood two years ago. "The breeder was going to euthanize him because she thought he was too ugly to sell," said Quigley.

"So ha ha, now Elwood's all over the Internet and people love him and adore him."

Beyond the regal title of ugliest dog, Elwood also earned a $1,000 reward for his owner.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Re: South Jersey: Home to World's Ugliest Dog (and I don't mean Just Me -j/k!)

I wonder what the dog looked like that won last year.

I can't believe that the owners who going to kill the dog b/c he was ugly. 

He looked very similar to this dog. But I think he was white. That dog died, I believe.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Amy's taste > Tara's

Now featuring creatures. Creature Feature's Avatar

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=8316.msg429310#msg429310 date=1182633256]
    I wonder what the dog looked like that won last year.
    [/quote]

I do believe that was the dog, and yup, he is dead now.

He's cute, in his own little strange way.    But he doesn't look like Yoda or ET, he looks like a Gremlin.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Awww. It's not Just Me? I thought there was gonna be a catfight. What a gyp!

I watched this a few months ago cause my ladyfriend loves dogs.
    She thought they were all so cute.
    She's oddly infatuated with odd looking things. :lol:

Hey....wait a sec!  

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Creature Feature link=topic=8316.msg429317#msg429317 date=1182633632]

[/quote]I've seen pics of that dog before. 

[quote author=Creature Feature link=topic=8316.msg429317#msg429317 date=1182633632]

[/quote] Yep, this is last year's winner. I think he is waay uglier than this years winner lol

Amy's taste > Tara's

Oh Kara you better hope we don't meet up someday....You will be in big, big trouble....... 

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=8316.msg429308#msg429308 date=1182633028]
    Most of the competing canines were also Chinese Crested, a breed that features a mohawk, bug eyes and a long, wagging tongue.
    [/quote]

I'm going to have to show this to my friend... she thinks my Boston Terriers are ugly, and yet she wants a Crested. At least my breed isn't a top competitor at the Ugly Dog Contest. 

I think this year's winner is cuter than last year's. Last year's winner (RIP) reminds me of the Crypt Keeper.
    No really: http://cashcrate.com/411285

[/quote]

I seriously always thought this was a fake pic.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/uglydog.asp

Why is this thing always chewing on it's foot?

I used to have two chinese crusted dogs (the breed of the last few winners)....my mom gave away one of them when I was in college  , and the other was out of control...I loved the one my mom gave away, she was so cute and her little hair was black and white, she went with my color scheme.  Everyone made fun of them and called them ugly but she was the cutest thing, I made a little coat for her and had her go as Cruella Deville for Halloween, and it should be known that normally I hate dogs.

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=8316.msg430188#msg430188 date=1182703680]
    Yep, this is last year's winner. I think he is waay uglier than this years winner lol
    [/quote]

Let him get a lil age on him....I bet he will give last years runner a run for his money!!

[/quote]

I do love all animals, but I'm sorry to say that particular dog makes me want to be sick a little. And run far far away.

I just love these ugly little dogs!! I want a chinese crested so bad!! There are a lot of them available through rescues! I had a chihuahua mix that everyone said was ugly but he obviously doesn't compare to these guys!!

RIP Paco!!

he just looks pissed off!!!

[quote author=pitluvr4ever link=topic=8316.msg435585#msg435585 date=1182968452]
    I just love these ugly little dogs!! I want a chinese crested so bad!! There are a lot of them available through rescues! I had a chihuahua mix that everyone said was ugly but he obviously doesn't compare to these guys!!

RIP Paco!!

[/quote]
    Aw!  Him's smilin'. 

Yeah. He was pissed off at the world. He bit every person that ever came to my house. He even bit me right through my lip cuz I kissed him. I loved his ornery little ass!

[/quote]

Kind of reminds me of in the original Gremlins when mohawk dies in what ever kind of liquid he was in. (I could not find a front view)

[

[quote author=alliekat link=topic=8316.msg435593#msg435593 date=1182968696]
    Aw!  Him's smilin'. 
    [/quote]

Heh. He was about to bite the shit out of the cameraman for interrupting his rat stalking session. (see cage behind him)

[quote author=ChrisClu80 link=topic=8316.msg435597#msg435597 date=1182968796]
    Kind of reminds me of in the original Gremlins when mohawk dies in what ever kind of liquid he was in. (I could not find a front view)

[/quote]

Damn...it sort of does...and it was Stripe!

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=8316.msg435621#msg435621 date=1182969716]
    Damn...it sort of does...and it was Stripe!
    [/quote]

Ah yes.... in the 2nd installment the leader gremlin was Mowhawk
    [

[quote author=ChrisClu80 link=topic=8316.msg435636#msg435636 date=1182970261]
    Ah yes.... in the 2nd installment the leader gremlin was Mowhawk
    [/quote]

Hmmm...I didn't remember that...I mainly remember the brainy..he funny!!  What was his name?

I haven't the slightest idea, its probably been 15 years since I last viewed this flick
    [

Thread Information