Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Four Adult Siblings Found Living With Mom's (Laronda Jolly, 56) Decomposing Corpse

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    GA girl living in NY
    Posts
    2,484
    Rep Power
    13266538

    Four Adult Siblings Found Living With Mom's (Laronda Jolly, 56) Decomposing Corpse

    https://www.facebook.com/laronda.jolly

    https://toofab.com/2020/10/30/four-a...posing-corpse/

    She had asked not to be disturbed, they claimed.

    Police in Nashville have discovered four adult siblings living with their mother's decomposing corpse.

    Davidson County Sheriff's Deputies were attempting to serve Laronda Jolly an eviction notice for unpaid rent on October 21, when they found her at home — where she'd died over a year ago.

    They discovered her badly-decayed remains lying on a bed beneath a pile of clothes; also living in the apartment was a 30-year-old woman, her 27-year-old sister and her twin 27-year-old brothers.

    All four were Jolly's children, who are believed to have developmental disabilities, WSMV reported.

    The deceased woman's brother Anthony Jolly told the site he'd been trying to get in touch with his sister for months; he'd even asked police to perform a welfare check, but officers told him she wasn't home.

    "I started going down there, and my nieces and nephews would say, 'Well she's asleep. You can't see her right now.'

    "I would say, 'Well all I want to do is see my sister. If I can just see her face I'll be fine and I'll leave you alone.'"

    He said the last time he believes he actually spoke to his sister was well over two years ago; since then he thinks one of his nieces impersonated their mother every time he called.

    "They lied every time. They would not tell me the truth," he said.

    Jolly said his niece told him they were "obeying their mother’s wishes to let (her) lay there."

    "That's what they told me, but everything else they told me is a lie. So, you know, I'm not sure if I believe that either," he added.

    After the grim discovery, Anthony said he didn't want to see the body, believing all that was left was a skeleton.

    "For them to stay in that apartment with your own mother's decaying body, I can't understand it — and I guess I never will understand it."

    Investigators are now trying to piece together the cause of death, and when she actually died.

    Anthony said a deputy told him she's been dead for over a year; the children told police she died in 2018, but told their uncle she'd died in 2017.

    Adult protective services have stepped in to help the four children, but their uncle doesn't even want them at her belated funeral.

    "I don't care what happens to them because I tried, I tried to talk to them," he said. "I tried to get them to tell me the truth. So, at this point, I don't care where they go."

    "They can be homeless for all I care. I know that's hard but what they done to me is worse."

    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2020...mposing_Corpse
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-05-2020 at 07:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member JohnLanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3,245
    Rep Power
    5820577
    Sad to see that all of Laronda Jolly children have disabilities. I have to babysit people like this adults with developmental disabilities. I wish Laronda Jolly thought about a successor to babysit her kids but then again it means nothing at this point. I would need help too at some point just in case I cannot take care of people in that situation. I can't drive them to daycare when I work somewhere else because they only deal with real kids and I can't put them in a compromised situation where the parents of kids would go after me over what my family member (30 and developmental disabled)

  3. #3
    Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    16,992
    Rep Power
    21474860
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    Sad to see that all of Laronda Jolly children have disabilities. I have to babysit people like this adults with developmental disabilities. I wish Laronda Jolly thought about a successor to babysit her kids but then again it means nothing at this point. I would need help too at some point just in case I cannot take care of people in that situation. I can't drive them to daycare when I work somewhere else because they only deal with real kids and I can't put them in a compromised situation where the parents of kids would go after me over what my family member (30 and developmental disabled)
    I wish more people thought about successors for anyone (and any creature) that needs help and can't survive on their own. It's very sad, and we don't have a great security net for people in this situation. I realize it's not always possible for people to afford help, and I wish we as a nation had a better plan for how to help those in this situation.

    JL, I am grateful that people like you exist to help caregive!

  4. #4
    Senior Member JohnLanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3,245
    Rep Power
    5820577
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I wish more people thought about successors for anyone (and any creature) that needs help and can't survive on their own. It's very sad, and we don't have a great security net for people in this situation. I realize it's not always possible for people to afford help, and I wish we as a nation had a better plan for how to help those in this situation.

    JL, I am grateful that people like you exist to help caregive!
    True and also you can't put adults/Seniors with mental disabilities in a daycare with children for obvious reasons such as the kids family going after you for things the disabled person did. Laronda Jolly might have thought of that too why the adult disabled children were kept in the home for years.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11,361
    Rep Power
    21474855
    I think the uncle is being pretty harsh. I dont think the MR/DD adults had the wherewithal to deliberately manipulate him. They were living with a dead body for a year for Christ's sake! Saying he doesnt care if they are homeless? Thats fucked up.

    I just have so many questions though...how did they pay the bills, get food, etc.?
    Last edited by Angiebla; 11-01-2020 at 09:52 AM.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  6. #6
    Senior Member JohnLanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3,245
    Rep Power
    5820577
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I think the uncle is being pretty harsh. I dont think the MR/DD adults had the wherewithal to deliberately manipulate him. They were living with a dead body for a year for Christ's sake! Saying he doesnt care if they are homeless? Thats fucked up.

    I just have so many questions though...how did they pay the bills, get food, etc.?
    True its that hes angry that he was not notified at the time of Laronda Jolly's death he feels like hes been fed delays and shit for that long. Like I mentioned in the previous part if the parents considered successors prior to their deaths then they would not be in the situation they are in. But at the same time I understand Laronda Jolly cannot just trust anybody to take care of her children because she fears that the disabled adult children would be judged in certain situations when family members have babies or kids at k-12 her legacy would be tarnished by whatever her kids does outside her care.

  7. #7
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    17,693
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I think the uncle is being pretty harsh. I dont think the MR/DD adults had the wherewithal to deliberately manipulate him. They were living with a dead body for a year for Christ's sake! Saying he doesnt care if they are homeless? Thats fucked up.

    I just have so many questions though...how did they pay the bills, get food, etc.?
    More than likely they were recieving money from the state and federal government for disability. It's possible that the bills were set up for auto pay if none of them had the ability to pay the bills manually.

    This situation is just really sad all around. Like RBW mentioned, we really don't live in a country that makes it achievable to have something in place to care for these folks after their care givers pass away. It's a disgrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •