Thread: Suspect arrested after 3-year-old child (Jermonie Vinson) fatally shot in Ooltewah

Suspect arrested after 3-year-old child (Jermonie Vinson) fatally shot in Ooltewah

https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/4204412...ot-in-ooltewah

Derrick Lamont Ruffin Jr, 19, is charged with reckless homicide, reckless endangerment, unlawful possession of a weapon and theft under $1,000

Thursday, April 23rd 2020, 11:34 PM EDT by WRCB Staff

Updated: Friday, April 24th 2020, 1:17 PM EDT

UPDATE: A suspect in the fatal shooting of a 3-year-old in Ooltewah was arrested, the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office announced.

The sheriff's office says the suspect, family friend Derrick Lamont Ruffin Jr., brought a pistol to the residence and failed to maintain control of the weapon, resulting in Jermonie Vinson picking up the pistol and firing it, striking him in the chest.

Investigators say the weapon used was stolen.

Ruffin, 19, is charged with reckless homicide, reckless endangerment, unlawful possession of a weapon and theft under $1,000.

Ruffin is being booked at the Hamilton County Jail and is due in court on April 29.

PREVIOUS STORY: A three-year-old child was the victim of a fatal shooting late Thursday night in Ooltewah.

The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office was dispatched to the 8500 block of River Birch Loop Road in Ooltewah on a report of a shooting around 10:40pm.

Upon arrival, deputies determined the victim was Jermonie Vinson, who was taken to a local hospital by family members, where he was later pronounced dead.

Jermonie?s body was transferred to the Hamilton County Medical Examiner?s Office as the investigation continues.

PREVIOUS STORY: Hamilton County detectives have been called to investigate a shooting in Ooltewah on Thursday night.

According to the Hamilton County 911 call log, the shooting was reported from 8548 River Birch Loop around 10:20PM.

HCSO spokesperson Matt Lea confirms that deputies have responded to the 8500 block of River Birch Loop for the report of a shooting.

Lea says that deputies have asked detectives to also respond to the scene for an investigation.

No other information has been released at this time.

Channel 3 is working to learn more.

Stay with the WRCB app for updates to this developing story.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Look at that beautiful boy.

Gone. Forever.

ALWAYS SECURE YOUR GODDAMN WEAPON.

A L W A Y S.

Jesus fucking christ this shit pisses me off.

Rest easy, Jermonie. You deserve better.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

What a cutie

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Thread Information