Thread: Fort Worth woman (Carolyn Riggins, 69) found dead one month after winning bingo cash prize and going missing

Fort Worth woman (Carolyn Riggins, 69) found dead one month after winning bingo cash prize and going missing

https://www.fox4news.com/news/search...ngo-cash-prize

FORT WORTH, Texas - Family and volunteers are organizing a search party for a missing Fort Worth woman who was last seen after winning a large cash prize from a bingo hall.

Carolyn Riggins was last seen on Saturday, July 11. She left home in her 2002 tan Lincoln Town Car.

Police say Riggins played bingo in Watauga that Saturday evening, and she won a large cash prize.

Investigators have searched the I-35 corridor as far north as Oklahoma. They've also flown Air One over Lewisville Lake after receiving tips. Riggins' family says she has some memory issues from a stroke she suffered but is independent and lives on her own.

Since her disappearance, Riggins' daughters and her sister have been to the bingo hall she was last seen at to ask questions.

'They were able to tell us where she was sitting. They were able to tell us what she was wearing,' said her daughter, Gale Haynes. 'But they couldn't tell us if she left, when she left and nothing after that.'

'My mom wouldn't be driving around for 30 days trying to figure out where she is,' said her daughter, Kendra Holleman.

Riggins' family was initially frustrated with a slow investigation. But they are now seeing results, like a freeway digital billboard seeking help in locating Riggins and her tan 2002 Lincoln Town Car sedan. Her family has also hired a private investigator.

It led to information about the Lincoln Town Car that was spotted on I-35 around 5:30 am. the morning after Riggins played bingo.

'The license plate camera that scanned it, it's in the Denton Texas area,' explained her sister, Kimberly Lemmons. 'But there were no scans before that or after that.'

Investigators also drove the route as far north as Oklahoma searching for leads. Another tip led a helicopter search.

'We had our Air One up go over the Lewisville Lake. We've had to actually go fly over to see if there was anything that we could locate a car or Ms. Riggins at al. We were unable to find anything,' said Tracy Carter with Fort Worth PD. 'We are asking that if anyone has seen this vehicle, if they've seen her, we are asking please call us or call her family so we can get her back home.'

Distraught and fighting back tears, Riggins' family reiterates that plea.

'This is unimaginable hurt,' Haynes said. 'Never in my life I would I believe we be talking about this.'

'When I hear my nieces talking about breaking down and having the mental exhaustion, you just wish you could take it all the way and turn this all around because this is surreal,' Lemmons said.

Investigators urge anyone who has seen Carolyn Riggins or her vehicle to call police. The Texas license plate is CGB1453.

Family and friends will search on Saturday morning where she was last seen in Watauga.

Body found in missing Fort Worth woman’s car in rural Cooke County

https://www.fox4news.com/news/body-f...l-cooke-county

FORT WORTH, Texas - Hunters in a deeply wooded part of Cooke County found a body inside the car of a missing Fort Worth woman.

Fort Worth police confirmed the car belonged to 69-year-old Carolyn Kay Riggins.

She disappeared in July shortly after winning a large cash prize at a bingo hall in Watauga.

Police, family and friends have been on the lookout since then for her 2020 tan Lincoln Town Car with a black top.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office still must confirm the identity of the body found inside the vehicle.

There’s no word yet on a cause of death.

Did she still have the money she won on her? Curious to know that...if it's missing, I would say foul play for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Damn this is starting to have that Abraham Shakespeare vibes where a Lotto Winner was murdered over his money.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/lo...1-eeae863e210a

Update Thread is heading to Non MDS Thanks

Note: The video above is from Tuesday after the car was found.

More than three and a half months after a Fort Worth woman was last seen, her body has been positively identified.

Carolyn Riggins' last known location was the Watuaga Road Bingo Hall, which she left after winning money on July 11.

For months her family has been searching for her. Early this week, hunters in a wooded area of Cooke County came across her 2002 Lincoln Town Car.

On Thursday, the Dallas Medical Examiner confirmed the body of Riggins, whose 70th birthday was in August, was inside the vehicle.

A cause of death has not yet been determined.

Riggins is a mother of three and the oldest of eight. Her family said she had won money at the bingo hall the evening she disappeared.

“Bingo is my sister’s pastime. Like if anybody asked where Carolyn was and she was at bingo, we’d say she was at work,” sister Kimberly Haynes said. “She loved it so much. That was her thing.”

A police camera captured the license plate of Riggins’ Lincoln headed north on Interstate 35 in Denton around 5 a.m. July 12, the day after bingo. The footage didn't capture the driver.

Riggins has partial dementia, her family says.
    The Remains has been confirmed to match with Carolyn Riggins in this report.

Thread Information