Thread: Carly Scott (27) was five months pregnant when she was killed by her ex-boyfriend

Carly Scott (27) was five months pregnant when she was killed by her ex-boyfriend

The ex-boyfriend of a Maui woman who was five months pregnant when she disappeared in February has been indicted on charges of killing her and torching her SUV to cover up the crime.

Steven Capobianco, 24, was expected to be served with an arrest warrant Monday at Maui Community Correctional Center, where he has been held since last month in an unrelated case, said a person familiar with the investigation who spoke on condition of anonymity. The person wasn't authorized to talk publicly about the case.

A Maui grand jury on Friday indicted Capobianco on a second-degree murder charge in the death of 27-year-old Carly Scott, who has never been found.

Capobianco is the father of Scott's unborn child and has adamantly denied hurting her.

Family members last saw Scott in February at her sister's Haiku home. The Makawao woman's burned 1997 Toyota 4Runner was later found on the island's north shore.

Capobianco also was indicted on a third-degree arson charge.

According to a copy of the indictment obtained by The Associated Press, Capobianco intentionally or knowingly caused Scott's death "in an especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel manner, manifesting exceptional depravity" during the period from Feb. 9 to Feb. 13.

During that period, he also set fire to Scott's property, the indictment said.

Before the vehicle was located, police found Scott's dog in the nearby community of Nahiku. They later began investigating her disappearance as a homicide.

Capobianco has told Hawaii News Now that he saw Scott on the night her family says she vanished but he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

He said Scott picked him up and drove him to his pickup truck, which had broken down in Keanae. He said that after he fixed his truck, Scott was driving behind him, but he lost sight of her and figured she arrived safely at her destination.

Capobianco couldn't be reached for comment Monday at the jail, where he's being held on $500,000 bail on charges including terroristic threatening and prohibited deadly weapons. His public defender couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

The bench warrant sets bail at $2 million for the murder and arson charges.
    http://www.kotatv.com/story/26014396...ns-ex-indicted
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2014...r_ex_boyfriend

Heven't found anything on Steven yet.

This case broke my hearth ): They haven't found the body but still, it looks like Charli met some grim fate... Hope she is resting in peace.

I watched a documentary on this very recently. Such a wonderful supportive family. Carly was so happy and was going to live with her two friends who were going to
    raise the baby. Carly was also going to be a Cosmetologist. He makes me sick.

Rot in hell, dirtbag!

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Murder trial begins for Maui man accused of killing pregnant ex-girlfriend

http://khon2.com/2016/06/27/maui-man...iend-on-trial/

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!steven...-stream-1/cckt
    Last edited by luvit; 06-29-2016 at 06:16 PM.

A jury found a man guilty of murder in the death of his ex-girlfriend who disappeared in Maui while five months pregnant with his child.

Steven Capobianco had been on trial since June, charged with killing Carly 'Charli' Scott. Her mother and sisters last saw her on the evening of February 9, 2014.

The jury took 28 days to find a guilty verdict.

The jury also found him guilty of arson. Capobianco was accused of torching Scott's sport utility vehicle in an attempt to cover up the killing.

Some of her bloodied clothes and remains were eventually found in a wooded area off Hana Highway. Marks on her recovered were consistent with 'someone attacking her with a sharp object,' said the prosecution, according to Maui Now.

Maui County Prosecuting Attorney John Kim declined to comment until jurors are done with the second phase of deliberations.
    Jurors were asked to return to court on Thursday to listen to arguments for and against an allegation that Capobianco caused Scott's death in an 'especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel manner.'
    Their verdict will determine whether Capobianco receives an enhanced sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.
    Capobianco, who was 24 at the time of the disappearance, told a Hawaii News Now reporter that he saw Scott, 27, on the night her family says she vanished but that he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

He said Scott picked him up and drove him to his pickup truck, which had broken down.
    He said that after he fixed his truck, Scott was driving behind him, but he lost sight of her and figured she arrived safely at her destination.
    Capobianco, met her in 2009. They lived together for two years, but 'the defendant would tell his friends that they were just roommates and he did not like to take pictures with her,' Maui Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Robert Rivera told jurors in his opening statement.
    They broke up, but Scott continued to love him, 'even though she knew he didn't care about her,' Rivera said.
    While they were no longer a couple, Capobianco had another girlfriend and Scott got pregnant. Scott decided to continue with the pregnancy even though Capobianco insisted on an abortion, Rivera said.
    In an early interview with detectives, Capobianco said about the pregnancy, 'Admittedly, I’m not thrilled about having a child. It’s not what I was planning on doing at 24 ... I’m a single, 24-year-old male who has a dog and I can barely keep me and my dog… I mean like yeah, we eat pretty well, but it’s like I have a dollar in my pocket right now until my next paycheck. I don’t have any spare cash for a child.'
    But he claimed he saw how happy it made her and then was 'all for it,' according to KHON. He even claimed his new girlfriend, Cassie, was fine with the baby news and willing to try to make things work.

Detectives, Scott's family and even Capobianco's friends presumed him guilty without considering other suspects, defense attorney Jon Apo said.
    Even Scott's family was initially behind him, releasing a statement shortly after her disappearance saying '[this is a] difficult time for him as well, and he also deserves the compassion of the community,' according to Hawaii News Now.
    Capobianco didn't testify during his trial.
    Jurors listened to an interview with a detective where Capobianco repeatedly referred to Scott in the past tense even though it wasn't yet known that she was dead.

urors began deliberating December 1. On December 13 they told the judge they were at an impasse but the next day decided to continue deliberating. They took a break December 21 for Christmas and resumed deliberating on Tuesday.
    Scott's mother, Kimberlyn Scott, couldn't immediately be reached after the verdict was announced. In a text message to The Associated Press on December 7 she expressed worry about how long it was taking jurors to decide.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4UDvhnCAr
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Good. Hope they put the douchbag away for life!

She was gorgeous, & this fool was embarrassed of her?? He wouldn't take pictures with her and referred to her as his roommate..uugh he prob shredded her self-esteem & still she loved him...what a sack of shit...he was no prize! I've known narcissistic men like this.

Did her family ever get her remains returned?

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Did her family ever get her remains returned?
    https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...ly-joann-scott

Burial Details Unknown, Specifically: Only small remains found
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information