Thread: Eduardo Kennedy (24) shot and killed in Sacramento County, CA

Eduardo Kennedy (24) shot and killed in Sacramento County, CA

https://fox40.com/news/local-news/de...d-watt-avenue/

NORTH HIGHLANDS, Calif. (KTXL) ? Sacramento County sheriff?s deputies are searching for the shooter or shooters who killed a man in broad daylight Tuesday morning.

The victim was discovered dead in front of a grocery store parking lot near Antelope Road and Watt Avenue.

But witnesses told FOX40 another shooting may have occurred a few blocks away and detectives are investigating to see if the two are related.

?I was out in the back taking care of my chores and heard shots,? recalled Allan Harder.

Harder said there were six gunshots outside his home on U and 30th streets in North Highlands.

?I ducked down when I heard the shots. It was pretty close,? he told FOX40.

He said when he came around to the front, he saw a red sports car making a U-turn and speeding off. His neighbor spotted a gray SUV heading the other direction.

?I found six shell casings right there in that area,? Harder pointed out.

Just three blocks away, the Sacramento County Sheriff?s Office says it received multiple calls reporting gunshots just before 10 a.m. Emergency crews were dispatched to the area.

?Deputies arrived just moments later, along with fire, to find a male adult victim slumped over in the vehicle, deceased,? said Sacramento County Sheriff?s Sgt. Rod Grassman.

That prompted detectives to tape off a large section of the FoodMaxx parking lot where the car and body were discovered.

It?s still unclear if there were any gunshots fired in the parking lot.

?This is the first I?ve seen this kinda stuff around here in a long time, so,? said shopper Elliott Ross. ?It?s calm around here. I?ve never seen anything like this before.?

Shoppers FOX40 spoke with were shocked someone was shot and killed there, especially during daylight hours.

?I wouldn?t suspect to see something like that happen,? said shopper Larry Richardson.

Deputies are not saying if the two scenes are connected or not, or at which scene the victim was shot.

?We?re looking to see if there may have been multiple locations for this but, again, I can?t say for sure right now as that?s still being investigated,? Sgt. Grassman explained.

But Harder said he believes the same car he saw leaving his street was the same one the victim was discovered in.

?It was a red car,? he said.

So far, there has been no word on a suspect description nor a motive.

20-05965 Kennedy Eduardo --- 24 9/7/1996 10/20/2020 Male Hispanic Sacramento 10/20/2020

Detail Information for:
    Case Number: 20-05965
    Last Name: Kennedy
    Release Authorization Name Relationship
    NO Carmen Rios Wife

Event Data:

Address: 7523 Watt Avenue
    City: North Highlands State: CA Zip: 95660
    Date: 10/20/2020 Time: 09:50
    http://coronerapp.saccounty.net/rptD...seNum=20-05965

Update the victim has been identified as Eduardo Kennedy (24) and thread is now heading to non MDS thanks.

Thread Information