https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/10/...am-in-banning/

Police announced the arrests of three men Monday, Oct. 19, in connection with the homicide of a young man in Banning that went unsolved for more than two years.

William Armendariz, 23, Brandon Hylkema, 43 and Jovanny Martinez, 22, were all in custody as of Monday and booked on suspicion of murder and other crimes, according to inmate records. Investigators believe they were involved in the fatal July 2018 shooting of Bradley Cunningham, whose body was found on Barbour Street in Banning.

The victim was 21 years old when he died. He is survived by his parents, a 17-year-old brother and two teenage sisters, his mother, Michelle Cunningham said.

?Oh my god, this is what we?ve been waiting for,? Michelle Cunningham said. ?It?s been two years of hell and waiting. We?ve been searching for these answers, and I don?t look forward to hearing the details.?

Further information regarding what might have led up to or motivated the killing were not immediately released.

Martinez was taken into custody Oct. 8 on Ramsey St. at about 5 p.m., according to inmate records. Banning police arrested Hylkema Friday evening, Oct. 16, on Van Buren Street in Indio.

Armendariz had been behind bars since Sept. 21. He is also one of four suspects who were arrested in connection with the killings of three people during a graveside service at San Gorgonio Memorial Park on Aug. 30.

Bradley Cunningham?s death sparked an extensive investigation, but there were times relatives worried if the case would ever be solved, Michelle Cunnigham said. After a year passed without the announcement of any possible suspects, she funded a grass roots campaign seeking answers.

Michelle Cunningham stands beneath a sign commemorating a portion of a highway to her son, Brad Cunningham. He was only 21-years-old when he was fatally shot in 2018. Banning police announced three arrests in connection with his homicide more than two years later. (Photo courtesy of Michelle Cunningham)
Her efforts included a website, color fliers and shirts printed with Bradley Cunningham?s photo, as well as billboards asking all who passed: ?Do you know who murdered me?? and ?Find my killers. Banning speak up!!!? The victim?s mother said she easily spent over $10,000 hoping to solicit tips from the public and keep pressure on investigators. She said she has no regrets.

?You can?t put a value on your son?s life,? Michelle Cunningham said.

She added that she is immensely thankful to the numerous people have reached out to her family in support during her quest for closure. Their kind words and prayers helped the Cunningham family endure the grief left in the wake of her son?s death.

Over the past two years, Michelle Cunningham has become part of a community and had opportunities to help other survivors whose loved ones were killed. Some have asked her for advice on how to rent out billboards or otherwise spread their messages. She plans to continue supporting and advocating for them.

?If there is anything I can do to help another mom, especially one who?s gone through what we?ve been through, I?m going to do it,? she said.