Thread: Kerrilee "Kerri" D'Avolio (32) was shot and dumped in a landfill; her husband Jason D'Avolio (48) was arrested and charged with murder

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

Kerrilee "Kerri" D'Avolio (32) was shot and dumped in a landfill; her husband Jason D'Avolio (48) was arrested and charged with murder

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2019/...olice-say.html

At 32, Kerrilee D?Avolio was breaking away.

It was late July. ?Kerri? had signed divorce papers -- ready to shed a guy who, her mother said, controlled and belittled her. She was hunting for an apartment for her and her three daughters.

Her confidence and pride were soaring, said her mother, Hope Wagner.

She had just run the Utica Boilermaker race for the first time. She lost more than 100 pounds training, and she finished the race.

And now she was running to freedom.

She never made it.

Just two weeks after that run, Kerri was reported missing. Then the worst news: Someone had shot her in the head and stuffed her body in a Dumpster.

Her husband, Jason D?Avolio, 48, was later charged with murder. The couple?s three daughters, ages 6, 4 and 3, were inside their home when their mother was killed, prosecutors say.

Kerri?s mother is detailing how the marriage turned toxic, in hopes that others will take warning, that Kerri?s death can serve some purpose.

The death highlights a particularly dangerous time for couples in conflict. The time when a woman gets the resolve to leave can be when she can be most at risk, experts say.

Kerri had dinner at a restaurant with her younger sister, Tiffany, on Saturday, July 27. The pair discussed Kerri?s marriage troubles. Tiffany said Jason D?Avolio had been calling and texting her to stay out of his marriage.

After that dinner, no one in the family talked with Kerri or saw her alive again, her mom said.

Wagner, her husband Daniel and their two other children, Tiffany and Rob, are devastated.

"Unspeakable. Horror. There are no words,'' she said. ?I lost my daughter, and my three grandchildren lost both their parents that night. It crushes me to my heart.?

Kerri?s family had to wait to plan her funeral because they were awaiting autopsy results. Once they came in, D?Avolio was charged with second-degree murder in addition to the earlier charge of felony concealment of a corpse.
    Hope Wagner said she?s speaking about her daughter and her troubled marriage because she?s now Kerri?s voice. This is what Kerri would want, she thinks. Hope wants to warn others before it?s too late for them.

The oldest of three children, Kerri was an artistic, curious child who loved to read. In high school, she worked part-time at McDonald?s and later Walmart to save money for a car. She met Jason D?Avolio at Walmart.

The two began dating. Hope Wagner said she was concerned that Jason was 16 years older than her daughter.

But Jason brushed it off, telling Hope it didn?t matter. They seemed happy together, Wagner said.

The couple moved in together after a couple of years and stayed together while Kerri pursued an associate?s degree in early childhood education. After six years together, they married in 2014. She was 27.

They had three girls in rapid succession, and Jason was in the delivery room for each birth, Wagner said. They attended church together nearly every Sunday. When they went to the park, Jason was in the fountain with his daughters, laughing as the water hit them all.

But cracks began to appear in their marriage, Wagner said.

Jason started to belittle Kerri -- sometimes in front of Wagner, she said. He nagged about the weight she gained after childbirth, or he?d call her lazy or accuse her of being a bad mother, Wagner said. She couldn?t do anything right, he told Kerri, according to her mother.

Wagner said she?s sure Jason never physically abused Kerri. Her daughter would have said something, she said.

But his verbal abuse was getting worse. D?Avolio even started telling their young girls Kerri was ?a bad mommy,? Wagner said.

Around this time, D?Avolio tried to separate Kerri from her family, Wagner said. He would answer her cell phone when Wagner called and say Kerri was busy. She never got the message. He told Tiffany, Kerri?s sister, to stay out of their relationship.

Kerri set up marriage counseling, but D?Avolio wouldn?t go, Wagner said. They argued over how to raise the children; Kerri got upset when Jason disciplined the girls by spanking them, Wagner said.

By November 2018, Kerri had enough, her mom said. She took off her wedding ring. She wanted a divorce. Jason didn?t object, Wagner said, and the two agreed to co-parent. They started divorce proceedings, and paperwork was filed, Wagner said. It seemed civil.

D?Avolio worked for the Defense Finance and Accounting Service for the federal Department of Defense in the Griffiss Business and Technology Park. Kerri, who worked as an early childhood educator, saved her money for an apartment. She wanted her place to be the girls? primary residence and they argued about that.

"She wasn?t about to leave without her girls,'' Wagner said. ?They were her whole purpose.?

Randi Bregman, executive director of Vera House, said relationship violence is often about power and control. When someone is leaving, that takes control from the other person. It can escalate into violence, she said.

"Unfortunately, it?s not an unfamiliar pattern,'' she said.

Two days after the two sisters had dinner, Tiffany got a text from D?Avolio, saying, ?Where?s your sister?? He told her he was at the New Hartford police station and the police thought he?d killed his wife, Wagner said.

D?Avolio first said Kerri had left the house around 11 p.m. and got into another car, Wagner said. Then he changed his story, saying she?d killed herself and he hid the body because he was afraid he?d be charged, Wagner said.

Police got involved after D?Avolio went to Chadwicks in New Hartford, where his brother works, and told his brother that Kerri had committed suicide, police said.

Kerri?s body was found in an Oneida County landfill.

The couple?s home was taped off as a crime scene, and Kerri?s three little girls were cared for by Tiffany. They couldn?t get their clothes, or their toys or beds. The community stepped up to donate clothing, beds, sheets and blankets, toys and stuffed animals. Wagner said she is still overwhelmed.

Wagner said detectives have told her Kerri fought for her life, still trying to break away.

?She?s a warrior,? Wagner said of her daughter. "She stood up and said, ?This isn?t working, so we are changing this.? She had found her truth.?
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2020..._of_her_murder
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-05-2020 at 08:17 PM.

https://www.uticaod.com/story/news/c...rt/5983629002/

The trial of a Rome man charged with murdering his wife is set to begin Tuesday afternoon, according to Oneida County Court.

Jason D’Avolio is charged with second-degree murder and concealment of a human corpse in connection with the death of his wife, Kerrilee D’Avolio. He is accused of shooting his wife in the back of the head in July 2019, then disposing of her remains.

If convicted, D’Avolio faces 25 years to life in prison.
    https://www.facebook.com/donate/659312934546047/

https://www.facebook.com/kerri.davolio
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 10-20-2020 at 03:26 PM.

This is so sad. She was so close to leaving him. This happens often, but every time, I truly feel bad for the victim and her family. Those poor kids.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Those three precious babies deserve to have their mother, but that's not possible now, thanks to that dog shit less than human husband.

I hope the worst for his worthless, loser ass.

I hope this motherfucker suffers. He deserves no fucking less.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

https://www.wktv.com/content/news/DA...572902491.html

What is normally a private conversation between a couple and their marriage counselor, was laid bare in an Oneida County courtroom Wednesday, to help jurors decide if the estranged husband murdered his wife.

Linda Troutman Zelows, LCSW, saw murder defendant Jason D'Avolio and his estranged wife, Kerrilee D'Avolio, once together and once each, separately. That was enough for her to verify what jurors have been hearing for more than a week-the D'Avolios had two very different goals.

"He really wanted the reconciliation and she really wanted out of the marriage," said Troutman Zelows.

The counselor found Jason D'Avolio to have low-end, mild depression. She didn't screen Kerrilee D'Avolio for it, because she saw no reason.

"She clearly was goal directed. She was absolutely goal directed speech, she had forward-thinking plans. She wasn't hopeless helpless. I didn't see any reason to administer it," said Troutman Zelows.

Also on the witness stand on Wednesday, a special agent with the Department of Defense, who analyzed Jason D'Avolio's work laptop. D'Avolio worked for DFAS, in Rome. According to what the special agent read from D'Avolio's laptop, D'Avolio used it as a diary to chronicle his unfulfilling marriage.

"Sadly, as hard as I tried to bond, it seems I failed. She still has no desire to be a couple," said Special Agent, Kirk Ellis.

Ellis read another comment from D'Avolio that could be taken multiple ways.

"After insulting me, asks if she could go on a four-day trip with Kayla. Turns out it's in July/August. She will be long removed before then, so no big deal to me."

The prosecution is expected to rest on Thursday. Then, the defense can start calling witnesses.

https://www.wktv.com/content/news/Ch...572889961.html

He has yet to take the stand, yet murder defendant, Jason D'Avolio's words hung heavily in the Oneida County courtroom where his murder trial is in its second week.

Prosecutors played recordings of conversations between D'Avolio and his ex wife, Kerrilee D'Avolio, which they say Jason D'Avolio recorded within days of when he's accused of killing his estranged wife. D'Avolio's words are shocking.

"I just wanna hate your guts and (expletive) bury you in the back yard," D'Avolio can be heard saying. "Yeah, she's gettin' a bullet tonight. That she is," says D'Avolio.

Within just a few seconds of D'Avolio making some of the statements, the couple's young daughters can be heard in the background.

The defense seemed to be trying to establish that Kerrilee D'Avolio was depressed, thereby advancing the theory they laid out in opening arguments: that she took her own life.

"Were you aware if Kerri suffered from any mental illness?" asked Defense Attorney, Leland Mc Cormac.

"Yes," said Kerrilee's sister, Tiffany Thompson.

"What was that?" asked Mc Cormac.

"Post-partum depression," said Thompson. She also said there was no mental illness in their family.

Thompson also said she last saw her sister two days before she was killed, and that she seemed excited about starting a new life away from her estranged husband.

"She was excited, going apartment hunting," said Thompson. "She was excited about a new hobby she started to get into, which was boxing."

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Just another case of some coward incel that needs to control Women. It's a fucking disgrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

https://www.wktv.com/content/news/Ja...572980211.html

It took an Oneida County jury about 90 minutes to find Jason D'Avolio guilty of second-degree murder, in the death of his estranged wife, Kerrilee D'Avolio. The jury heard dozens of witnesses and saw graphic crime scene and autopsy photos over about a three-week period. Kerrilee's family was in court. Their relief at hearing the jury foreperson say the word, "guilty", was palpable. Their gratitude toward those who made it happen,is immeasurable.

"Everybody in the community, Mayor Izzo, the District Attorney's Office, investigators, the workers at the landfill that stayed overtime, didn't even go home to their families to find Kerri and bring her home," said Hope Wagner.

The jury also found D'Avolio guilty of concealment of a human corpse, for putting his estranged wife's body in a dumpster. They returned their guilty verdicts only minutes after asking to see the gun that was used in this case. The defense had the insurmountable task of trying to prove that a depressed Kerrilee D'Avolio shot herself in the back of the head, using a long gun.

"I think we tried to show that that was possible, but was it likely? Was it probable? "And I pointed out that everything that's been done, has been done a first time at some point," said Defense Attorney, Leland McCormac.

The prosecution said rejection and rage made the man the defense said was such a devoted and loving father and husband, kill the mother of his three young daughters, and put her body in a dumpster.

"As Kerrilee attempted to exit the toxicity of her marriage and reintroduce herself into the world, I think ultimately that this defendant could not accept it," said Prosecutor, Michael Coluzza. "In the end, I think he saw her as an object that was in his way and he made that decision to eliminate the object from his path and it was driven by jealousy, rage but also by practicality; he needed her out of the way," added Coluzza, who at trial presented evidence that suggested Jason D'Avolio was concerned about the potential for a costly custody battle he might lose.

Hope Wagner says there was so much more to her daughter than was brought out at trial.

"Kerri was a beautiful person. She was exceeding in life and she just got promoted. She was a wonderful mother. A wonderful mother," said Wagner. "She had everything to live for."

Jason D'Avolio faces 25 years to life in prison at his Jan.12 sentencing. His attorney is planning an appeal.

https://www.wktv.com/content/news/Ja...572980211.html

It took an Oneida County jury about 90 minutes to find Jason D'Avolio guilty of second-degree murder, in the death of his estranged wife, Kerrilee D'Avolio. The jury heard dozens of witnesses and saw graphic crime scene and autopsy photos over about a three-week period. Kerrilee's family was in court. Their relief at hearing the jury foreperson say the word, "guilty", was palpable. Their gratitude toward those who made it happen,is immeasurable.

"Everybody in the community, Mayor Izzo, the District Attorney's Office, investigators, the workers at the landfill that stayed overtime, didn't even go home to their families to find Kerri and bring her home," said Hope Wagner.

The jury also found D'Avolio guilty of concealment of a human corpse, for putting his estranged wife's body in a dumpster. They returned their guilty verdicts only minutes after asking to see the gun that was used in this case. The defense had the insurmountable task of trying to prove that a depressed Kerrilee D'Avolio shot herself in the back of the head, using a long gun.

"I think we tried to show that that was possible, but was it likely? Was it probable? "And I pointed out that everything that's been done, has been done a first time at some point," said Defense Attorney, Leland McCormac.

The prosecution said rejection and rage made the man the defense said was such a devoted and loving father and husband, kill the mother of his three young daughters, and put her body in a dumpster.

"As Kerrilee attempted to exit the toxicity of her marriage and reintroduce herself into the world, I think ultimately that this defendant could not accept it," said Prosecutor, Michael Coluzza. "In the end, I think he saw her as an object that was in his way and he made that decision to eliminate the object from his path and it was driven by jealousy, rage but also by practicality; he needed her out of the way," added Coluzza, who at trial presented evidence that suggested Jason D'Avolio was concerned about the potential for a costly custody battle he might lose.

Hope Wagner says there was so much more to her daughter than was brought out at trial.

"Kerri was a beautiful person. She was exceeding in life and she just got promoted. She was a wonderful mother. A wonderful mother," said Wagner. "She had everything to live for."

Jason D'Avolio faces 25 years to life in prison at his Jan.12 sentencing. His attorney is planning an appeal.

Thread Information