Thread: Kevin VanAelst slit his pregnant girlfriend's throat when she went to the police station to file a protective order against him

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

Kevin VanAelst slit his pregnant girlfriend's throat when she went to the police station to file a protective order against him

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...olice-station/

U.S. Marshals are searching for a man wanted for slashing his pregnant ex-girlfriends throat outside of the Clinton Township police station.

The woman survived the attack. She was taken to a hospital and had seven stitches in her neck and multiple cuts on her arms and head.

She is five months pregnant with his child.

The woman got a personal protection order against her former boyfriend Kevin VanAelst because of his threatening behavior -- He?s sent an email where he threatened to shoot her entire family and a visit to her home where he once again threatened her.

The woman was on her way to drop off the protection order paperwork at the Clinton Township Police Department last Friday when VanAelst cut her off in his truck in the parking lot.

?He whips open my door and it was like an out-of-body experience,? she said. ?I remember the cutting motions from my right to my left. I remember him saying something along the lines of, ?I told you I would do this.? I remember seeing blood."

She started pressing on the horn and he took off in his pick up truck. She ran into the Clinton Township Police Department for help.

She?s currently in hiding while police try to track him down.

?I?m terrified. I am so terrified that he?s coming back to finish the job or hurt someone in my family or his own," she said.
    https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/man...ce-parking-lot

Police and the U.S. Marshals are searching for a man they said slit the throat of his pregnant ex-girlfriend as she was parking at a police station to file a protection order against him.

According to police, it happened a little before 9 p.m. on October 9 when the victim pulled into the Clinton Township police station to make a threat report against her ex-boyfriend, Kevin VanAelst.

Police and the U.S. Marshals are searching for a man they said slit the throat of his pregnant ex-girlfriend as she was parking at a police station to file a protection order against him.

The victim is pregnant with the suspect's child and said she knew she was being followed closely by a car but didn't realize it was Vanaelst until she parked in the lot.

She said VanAelst opened the door and said ?I told you I was coming for you!? Police said he then slit her throat multiple times with a box cutter before driving off in a black 2008 Ford F150.

The woman was able to get into the lobby of the police station and was given first aid before taken to McLaren Hospital for treatment. She received several stitches and is recovering.

According to police, the truck had a Michigan paper plate of EGK-6770 but said VanAelst may have switched them after the assault.

Vanaelst has a long history of convictions dating back 30 years and has spent several years in prison.

Wow I'm glad the woman is ok. I hope they find this fucker.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    https://www.candgnews.com/news/man-a...rested--118944

On Oct. 19, the Clinton Township Police Department announced that Kevin VanAelst, 45, was taken into custody Oct. 17 without incident by the Charleston Police Department, in West Virginia. Currently, he is being held at South Central Regional Jail in Charleston.

Details pending VanAelst’s extradition were not immediately released by authorities. His vehicle was reportedly located near a homeless shelter and was also taken into custody.

VanAelst’s arrest comes after the Macomb County Prosecutor’s Office issued a felony warrant on Oct. 13 for assault with intent to murder. That preceded a days-long effort with local police and U.S. Marshals to determine VanAelst’s whereabouts.

Clinton Township Police Capt. Richard Maierle said that at about 8:45 p.m. Oct. 9, VanAelst allegedly followed his girlfriend to the police station on Groesbeck Highway.

Maierle said that when the woman, 22 weeks pregnant, opened her car door, VanAelst was allegedly standing there and “cut her in the face-throat area” with a box cutter before fleeing the scene.

“(VanAelst) apparently followed her into the station,” Maierle said.

The victim, whose name was withheld, was transported to a local hospital and was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

VanAelst has a criminal history that includes car theft, home invasions and drug possession charges.

Thread Information