Thread: Nevada man becomes first in US to contract coronavirus twice

Nevada man becomes first in US to contract coronavirus twice

https://nypost.com/2020/10/12/nevada...navirus-twice/

A 25-year-old Nevada man has become the first confirmed case of a person being re-infected with the coronavirus in the US, researchers said Monday.

The patient was infected with two different genetic strains of COVID-19 in less than two months, according to a case study published in the medical journal 'The Lancet.'

'The second infection was symptomatically more severe than the first,' the authors of the study wrote.

The man, who had no underlying conditions, originally tested positive for the virus on April 18, and experienced symptoms including headache, coughing, nausea and diarrhea.

He isolated, got better and then tested negative twice in May.

But by the end of that month, the man went to an urgent care center with the same symptoms he'd felt before, plus fever and dizziness.

He tested positive again on June 5.

The patient was admitted to the hospital after suffering shortness of breath and requiring supplemental oxygen. He eventually recovered.

The fact that the man tested negative twice in between bouts with the illness means it's unlikely he suffered one prolonged infection, according to the study authors.

The researchers said the case indicates that being exposed to the bug previously doesn't completely guarantee immunity in all cases.

'All individuals, whether previously diagnosed with COVID-19 or not, should take identical precautions to avoid infection with SARS-CoV-2,' the scientists wrote.

Previous case studies of similar coronavirus re-infections have been published in Hong Kong, the Netherlands, Belgium and Ecuador.

Donald Trump Says He's Now Immune from COVID and has 'Protective Glow'

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/11/donal...otective-glow/

Trump appeared on Maria Bartiromo's FNC show, "Sunday Morning Futures" and said he believes he now has immunity from the virus. He did not say if his tests are now negative for COVID. It's possible his doctors were able to measure the level of COVID in his system and make such a determination, but his doctors have been mum for nearly a week.
    so much for that theory ... ordinary people can get it twice

I hope Trump gets infected twice and this time an aborted fetus can't save his ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Were people thinking it was like chicken pox and you can only get it once???

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    People don't think they can get it in the first place that's why a lot of dumb dumbs don't wear a mask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Even the experts were hoping this, but because it's a novel virus nobody really knew if this was the case or not. They're now hoping that if you've already had it before that the second round won't affect you as severely since you would hopefully still have the antibodies. However that remains to be seen. Even more terrifying is that this might point to a vaccine being less effective than initially thought
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://fox40.com/news/coronavirus/j...e-second-time/

Turns out people getting COVID-19 for a second time is more common than previously thought.

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) — The mayor of Ju?rez, Mexico last May isolated himself for several days after tests confirmed he had contracted COVID-19. On Sunday, Cabada said he had contracted the coronavirus for a second time and would again be doing business from home.

In a Facebook post, Cabada said he and his family — wife Alejandra and daughter Regina — have tested positive for the virus.

“As I have been saying for the past few days, the levels of (COVID-19) infection and re-infection in our city are really worrisome. I have to tell you that I have again tested positive in my most recent test, and not just myself, but also my daughter Regina and mi wife Alejandra,” the mayor announced on Facebook.

Both Juarez and El Paso, Texas are going though a major spike in coronavirus cases. El Paso has recorded 32,758 cases — including 555 new infections on Monday — and 557 deaths. Juarez has had 987 fatalities but only 9,732 confirmed cases.

Officials on both sides of the border attribute the recent spike to COVID-19 fatigue — people getting tired of not going out or gathering with friends and family and not wearing masks or observing social distancing. They also say Juarez probably has had three to four times the number of COVID-19 cases compared to what it reports, and this is because of much more limited community testing.

On Monday morning, Border Report observed large numbers of people walking through Downtown Juarez without wearing masks and many others not observing social distancing.

Chihuahua state officials last week said they had empowered cities like Juarez to fine and even arrest for up to 36 hours people who knowingly refuse to wear masks or observe social distancing. However, as of Monday morning, there was no word on anyone being fined or arrested.

“I urge you again to follow the basic recommendations to avoid infecting ourselves or infecting others, such as wearing masks, social distancing and frequent handwashing,” Cabada said in his post.

I

Thread Information