Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Holly Suzanne Courtier (38) missing from Zion National Park, UT since 10/6/2020

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

Holly Suzanne Courtier (38) missing from Zion National Park, UT since 10/6/2020

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar...national-park/

The National Park Service is asking for the public?s help in locating a woman who was last seen in Zion National Park earlier this week.

Holly Suzanne Courtier was last seen in the Grotto parking area Tuesday within the park when a private shuttle dropped her there around 1:30 p.m. She was scheduled to be picked up by 4:40 p.m. on a shuttle bus in the same area, yet wasn?t there when the shuttle arrived, according to a press release from the National Park Service released Friday evening.

Courtier?s intended travel plan from the Grotto parking area is unknown and her current whereabouts are unknown.

Courtier, 38, is described as a white woman with blonde hair and blue eyes, weighs 125 pounds and is 5 feet, 3 inches tall.

Search operations are ongoing at Zion National Park. Park rangers, along with the Washington County Sheriff?s Office are continuing to investigate this missing person case.

Anyone with possible information regarding Courtier?s whereabouts is asked to contact the NPS ISB Tip Line at 888-653-0009

https://people.com/crime/holly-court...mom-zion-park/

The daughter of a California woman who disappeared while hiking at Zion National Park in Utah says she won't stop looking for her.

"I refuse to give up on her because I know she wouldn’t give up on me," Kailey Chambers tells PEOPLE. "If this was reversed I know she would give everything to save me. I’m willing to do the same."

Chambers, who is a full-time student with two jobs in San Diego, has dropped everything to help search for her mother, Holly Courtier, after Courtier went missing from the park on Oct. 6.

According to the National Park Service, Courtier, 38, was last seen at 1:30 p.m. when she was dropped off by a shuttle bus at the Grotto parking area. She never made it onto the return shuttle later that day.

"One of the last people who saw her said she had the biggest smile on her face and was saying how excited she was to get on the trails," Chambers says. "The park has such a special place in her heart."

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I read about this and honestly don't think she's coming back. Because of the wildfires, the wildlife have retreated to other areas and this is the time when Mountain Lions have cubs in tow. Anyone going out to these trails alone either is really dumb or doesn't intend on returning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I read about this and honestly don't think she's coming back. Because of the wildfires, the wildlife have retreated to other areas and this is the time when Mountain Lions have cubs in tow. Anyone going out to these trails alone either is really dumb or doesn't intend on returning.
    Did you see the video that came out this week of the dude who was stalked/chased by a mountain lion for SIX MINUTES? It's terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rk/3647895001/

Officials at Zion National Park in Utah continue to search for a California mother who went missing last week, providing new information to the public on Tuesday.

Deputy Chief Ranger Andrew Fitzgerald and Chief of Interpretation Amanda Rolland held a press conference on the case of 38-year-old Holly Suzanne Courtier on the one-week mark of her disappearance, stressing that mild weather could increase the woman's odds of survival

"Right now we are committed to finding Holly. We are going to keep searching as long as there are clues or leads," Fitzgerald said. "We don't have a predicted time when we would stop searching."
    She was reported missing by her family two days later. Searches began Friday. Courtier left her phone in California, so search efforts have not been focused on her electronic use and she did not leave any type of itinerary.

Zion officials found Courtier's vehicle in a neighboring townat the beginning of the search.

Courtier is 5-foot-3 and 100 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. She is thought to possibly be wearing a "Pistil Gray Trucker Hat, a Patagonia Black Nano Puff Jacket, a Dark Tank Top, Danner Trail Gray Hiking Boots, and an Osprey Blue Multi-day Pack."

She was also thought to possibly be carrying a cream-colored hoody sweatshirt, a Rumple Nanoloft puffy blanket and a camouflage-colored double hammock.

Kailey Chambers, Courtier's daughter, told CBS Los Angeles that her mom had been traveling the country in a converted van after losing her job due to the coronavirus pandemic. Chambers said her mom was an "experienced hiker, has hiked alone before and is familiar with Zion National Park."

Great news!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/18/us/mi...rnd/index.html

Missing hiker found in Zion National Park, family says

A hiker missing in Zion National Park for nearly two weeks has been found alive, her family said Sunday.

Holly Courtier, 38, was last seen entering the Utah park October 6.

The National Park Service said search and rescue teams found Courtier on Sunday after receiving " a credible tip from a park visitor that they had seen Courtier within the park."
    They said Courtier had since been reunited with her family and left the park.

In a statement, Courtier's family said they were overjoyed she had been found safe.

"We would like thank the rangers and search teams who relentlessly looked for her day and night and never gave up hope. We are also so grateful to the countless volunteers who were generous with their time, resources and support.

"This wouldn't have been possible without the network of people who came together," the Chambers-Courtier family said in a statement.
    "We are all just overwhelmed and grateful," family friend Kelley Kaufman told CNN.
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...oOS6kANSXhpmvk

https://www.ksl.com/article/50033310...rk-family-says

"Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone's continued support and prayers! Details on her rescue are limited right now, and we will update you when we have all the information," Courtier's sister, Jamie Strong, said in an update shared on GoFundMe*.

She asked others to share the fundraiser page "as Holly will need medical care in the days moving forward. She has no medical insurance to cover the costs and your donations will help. Again, my family is so grateful for your thoughts and prayers," Strong said.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 10-18-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Great news to hear

Seems to be lots of doubt and suspicion out there in comments that she was ever really missing in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Seems to be lots of doubt and suspicion out there in comments that she was ever really missing in the first place.
    What do you mean?

I find it weird she survived for 12 days.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    What do you mean?

Eh, not really. If the weather was decent and there was water available. She's probably hungry and maybe dehydrated, but people can survive that long without food. I just find it strange that she went out there by herself. I know people who do it, but I can't even imagine going hiking or whatever, alone. Guess it was drilled into me when I was a Girl Scout... you don't head off into the wilds alone. If fact even 2-3 people is a bad idea. You need at least four. That way, when you fall and break your leg, one person can stay with you and 2 go to get help. Of course, this was before cell phones, so you really were counting on your companions.

But anyway, yeah, I have to wonder if she wasn't meaning to just disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you mean?

Since she lost her job shes been traveling/camping out. I thought maybe she had supplies with her and she was camping out in her van until I read that she will need medical care.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you mean?

Read some comments on some of the articles and read WS. They think she lost her job and staged this so that she could write a book about her ordeal or something like that. They just think the whole thing is fishy. I haven't had enough time to go too far down the rabbit hole since I saw their comments, but I did find the article that I posted above (about her being found) to be worded oddly when it said that a person saw her in the park and called and reported it and they they searched and found her. If someone else saw her, wouldn't they go to her since they obviously knew she was missing if they called? It made me wonder if they saw her hiding somewhere or something like that. IDK. Probably nothing at all to the speculation, but I did see that several places on the interweb are doubting her story.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/19/us/mi...ier/index.html

Holly Courtier, who was rescued after disappearing for almost two weeks in Utah's Zion National Park, hurt her head early in her hike and became disoriented, her daughter told CNN on Monday.

"She injured her head on a tree," Kailey Chambers said in a text exchange. "She was very disoriented as a result and thankfully ended up near a water source -- a river bed. She thought her best chance of survival was to stay next to a water source."

It was not clear from the text exchange if the water source was potable, but Chambers said Courtier was without food while she was lost in the park.

"She was too weak and disoriented (to seek help)," she said. "She was unable to take more than a step or two without collapsing. This prevented her from being able to seek out help. She told me she was so dehydrated she couldn't open her mouth."

The malnourished and dehydrated 38-year-old was spending the night in a hospital near Zion, family friend Kelley Kaufman White said hours after Courtier was found Sunday.

Park visitors located Courtier on Sunday in the national park in southwestern Utah and alerted park officials, Kaufman White said. The National Park Service dispatched a rescue team after park rangers received a "credible tip" on her whereabouts, it said.

"She is in good spirits and very thankful for everyone who searched for her, especially the people who found her today and the rangers that rescued her," Kaufman White said.
    Chambers saw her mom late Monday morning, and "she is getting her strength back and hydrating. She is still weak but recovering."

"We are slowly introducing foods. Her health remains our top priority," the daughter said. "My mom's recovery is my top priority right now. ... We will continue to focus on her health and will update everyone when possible."

Hm. I am going with this is legit, since I am sure the hospital would be able to confirm she was dehydrated. Unless that was done on purpose, but I don't see why someone would do that to themselves. I have seen some pretty crazy people, though

https://www.abc4.com/news/southern-u...olly-courtier/

Sheriff’s Sgt. raises questions in Zion’s missing person case of Holly Courtier

The liaison of the Washington County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue is speaking out about several discrepancies he says he sees in the case of a California woman who was found alive after being missing for 12 days inside Zion National Park.

Sgt. Darrell Cashin says his search and rescue team was asked to assist in locating Holly Courtier. The 38-year-old mom from Woodland Hills went missing from the park on Oct. 6 and was found by ZNP rescuers on Oct. 18 after they received a credible tip of a possible sighting. Cashin says Courtier was found within approximately half a mile from where she was last seen in the Grotto parking area.

Cashin says their crews provided some K-9 assets and several of their highly trained investigators reviewed the park’s entire search and rescue efforts, from their maps to credible tips and surveillance footage from nearby businesses, that could help find Holly.

Cashin says the national park’s search and rescue teams “went above and beyond.”

“They even had GPS tracks of every trail, every part of the backcountry, and every valley they searched,” Cashin says. “They had everything about Holly they possibly could’ve gotten to give an indication of what her behavior was like and where she might have gone.”

“Understand, there’s a lot of country up there. If you go off-trail, it will be virtually impossible to find somebody unless they want to be found,” Cashin says.

With his 25 years of experience on search and rescue teams, from swift-water rescues to diving, Cashin tells ABC4 News he knows the Virgin River is not a clean water source, with many species of parasites such as cryptosporidium, especially in the warmer months when they’re allowed to bloom and grow.

The cyanobacteria from a toxic algal bloom detected in early July in the north fork of the Virgin River remains dangerously high, prompting park officials to recommend that visitors avoid all contact in the river until further notice.

Courtier’s family told CNN that she had stayed close to a “water source,” a river bed, during the time she was lost.

“If she had been drinking that water, unless she had some really high immune system, she would’ve been very, very ill and probably unable to come out on her own,” Cashin says. “She either took a lot of water with her or had another clean water source that was near here, but the Virgin River is not that source.”

Cashin says it’s a “high possibility” Courtier would have died if she was drinking the river water for 12 days. Without any water, she would have died within two to three days, he says.

Based on the statements released from both Zion National Park and the Courtier family, his experience as an advanced EMT, and the liaison of the county’s search and rescue for nine years, Cashin says he finds some “discrepancies and questions that do not add up.”

CNN reported that the family said Courtier had hit her head on a tree, became disoriented, and was only able to take a few steps before collapsing.

“If we had found somebody in that condition with that kind of severe head injury, we would have at minimum called for a transport agency to check her out,” Cashin says. “The fact that that didn’t happen tells me that they did not find any significant injury to her that would’ve prompted them to do that.”

“Physically, she seemed to be in a condition that did not warrant an ambulance and they felt was comfortable to release her to her family to address,” Cashin added.

Zion National Park officials reported that Courtier was able to walk out of the park on her own with minimal assistance.

Cashin says that from his knowledge of the case, there was “some question of her decision making regarding her trip to the park.” He says that she left California in the middle of the night and did not tell her family where she was going.

“If she’s by the Virgin River, she’s down in the valley, not in the backcountry up in the plateaus and the peaks,” Cashin says. “She’s in that main part of the canyon, which always has thousands of people walking up and down those trails. I’m sure people walked by yelling for her.”

“The statements that the family is giving and the statements that the park is giving don’t add up,” Cashin says. “Those are the types of questions I think everybody has. I think the place where that question can be answered is with her.”

The GFM (linked above) has been updated:

*UPDATED 10-20-20*

Thank you to everyone for their continued support towards Holly's recovery.

I am Holly's older sister, Jaime Strong, and reside in Simi Valley, California. I set up the Go Fund Page to help aid in the expenses our family and volunteers were incurring in the search and rescue of Holly. In order to provide as much transparency as possible, I am detailing what your donations will be used towards:

• Funds will be used to reimburse the family and friend's costs in searching for Holly. (Such as; hotels rooms, equipment purchased to look for Holly, car rentals, and food for search parties.

• A separate bank account will be opened up to reimburse these individuals.

• A remainder of the donations will be used to cover the medical care applied to Holly during her hospital stay as well as therapy costs moving forward.
    A lot of comments around the web seem to think she was having some kind of mental breakdown or manic episode when she went to the park.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ree-story.html

The account of a California woman found in Zion National Park nearly two weeks after she disappeared “does not add up,” according to at least one officer who assisted in her rescue.

Holly Courtier was found alive on Sunday, 12 days after she vanished during a solo hike at the Utah park earlier this month on Oct. 6. She was last seen taking a shuttle into the Grotto park area within Zion but did not show up for the ride back.

Since her re-emergence, Sgt. Darrell Cashin, a liaison for the search and rescue team asked to assist in finding Courtier, has questioned her version of events. Her family told CNN that she hit her head on a tree, became disoriented, and almost immediately collapsed, but Cashin said paramedics did not note any signs of trauma nor did they hospitalize her.

“If we had found somebody in that condition with that kind of severe head injury, we would have at minimum called for a transport agency to check her out,” he told ABC4. “The fact that that didn’t happen tells me that they did not find any significant injury to her that would’ve prompted them to do that.”

“Physically, she seemed to be in a condition that did not warrant an ambulance and they felt comfortable to release her to her family to address,” Cashin added.

Zion National Park officials previously reported she was able to walk out of the park on her own.

Cashin also questioned the water source Courtier relied on during her 12 days in the wilderness, telling the news station the river bed she claimed to be drinking from was nearly toxic due to algae bloom.

“If she had been drinking that water, unless she had some really high immune system, she would’ve been very, very ill and probably unable to come out on her own,” Cashin says.

“She either took a lot of water with her or had another clean water source that was near here, but the Virgin River is not that source.”

The officer said there’s a “high possibility” Courtier would have died if she drank the water every day she’d been missing.

“The statements that the family is giving and the statements that the park is giving don’t add up,” Cashin told ABC4.

I'm so confused...what was she drinking the whole time she was missing? You can only go 3 days without drinking water.

Was she hospitalized or not? I guess she could be in a mental facility.

How could she have walked out of the woods on her own if she was super weak from not eating for 2 weeks?

Why would her family lie about the head injury?

So many questions...

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I'm so confused...what was she drinking the whole time she was missing? You can only go 3 days without drinking water.

How could she have walked out of the woods on her own if she was super weak from not eating for 2 weeks?

So many questions...
    She claims when she was injured that she was right by a river and drank that water, but the river has toxic algae in it, so they say there's no way she drank that.

The area she was in was heavily traveled, so they are saying there's no way she didn't see and hear people looking for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

So many questions...
    I don't think she was there, not the whole time, at least. I think her family is trying to come up with stories because they are embarrassed..?

I don't think she was there, not the whole time, at least. I think her family is trying to come up with stories because they are embarrassed..?
    I agree.

I go back and forth over whether she was having some type of mental break and went out there for a 'spiritual quest' or to try to kill herself, or whether it was a sham just to raise money since she lost her job.

This reminds me of the runaway bride story. I think the bride pretended to be kidnapped, but it turned out that she didn't want to get married.
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I don't buy her story and it's super shitty of her to use up resources for a publicity stunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

I found the case I was talking about.
    On cell.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/people....ow/%3famp=true
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Thread Information