Thread: Raechel McGrath, 32, Fatally Stabbed During Fight In West Sacramento; Esther Garcia, 53, arrested

Raechel McGrath, 32, Fatally Stabbed During Fight In West Sacramento; Esther Garcia, 53, arrested

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020...to-1-arrested/

WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) ? Authorities arrested a woman accused of fatally stabbing another woman during a fight, the West Sacramento Police Department said on Wednesday.

Reports of a knife fight came in at around 12:30 p.m. from the 900 block Sacramento Avenue, near the Russian Church of Evangelic Christian Baptists, Post Office and Arteagas Supermarket.

Police said the suspect was detained at the scene and the other woman as found with at least one stab wound to the upper torso.

Despite life-saving measures, the woman was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

Detectives remain in the area canvassing the neighborhood for witnesses and additional evidence.

No furth information was released.

OMG I was on that street at 12:15 getting lunch yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    OMG I was on that street at 12:15 getting lunch yesterday.
    Damn! hope its nobody you know that went through that fate.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    Damn! hope its nobody you know that went through that fate.
    Doubt it. I just work here in West Sac, it's not where I live.

Day time doesn't stop crime here. On the street I work (which is right around the corner from Sacramento Ave) there was a shooting at like 3 in the afternoon a few months ago. We heard the shots and one of our employees saw a guy limping down the street bleeding. Cops came and by the time I left, I had to go a different way as the street was blocked off and they had numbered all the shell casings.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Doubt it. I just work here in West Sac, it's not where I live.

Day time doesn't stop crime here. On the street I work (which is right around the corner from Sacramento Ave) there was a shooting at like 3 in the afternoon a few months ago. We heard the shots and one of our employees saw a guy limping down the street bleeding. Cops came and by the time I left, I had to go a different way as the street was blocked off and they had numbered all the shell casings.
    Dang never thought of West Sac having a high crime rate though. I remember when I used to live in the Sacramento area it's usually pointed to South Sacramento as having the highest crime rate in the area.

South Sac and West Sac. Of course, some parts are nice, but in West Sac my work is on a street with a mix of auto body shops and trailer parks. We've had tweakers come onto our property, go through our trash and yell at us....we've had to threaten calling the cops a few times.

Suspect arrested for allegedly stabbing, killing woman in West Sacramento fight

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/c...c-47e68d01d525

WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. — A West Sacramento woman was arrested and charged with murder for allegedly stabbing someone during a fight Wednesday, according to the West Sacramento Police Department.

Around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, West Sacramento Police responded to the 900 block of Sacramento Avenue about two women fighting, the police department said. The dispatch center was told that one woman had a knife.

Units responded and detained one woman who witnesses described as the suspect. Officers performed life-saving measures on the other woman who was stabbed at least once in the upper torso, the department said. The stabbing victim was taken to a local hospital but died from her injuries.

Esther Garcia, 53, was booked into Yolo County Jail for murder, the police department said.

The victim's identity is being withheld until next of kin is notified.

One woman dead and another jailed after stabbing in West Sacramento, police say

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/cr...246295740.html

One woman is dead from a stabbing and another has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a reported fight Wednesday afternoon in West Sacramento, police said.

About 12:30 p.m., officers responded to reports of a fight with weapons in the 900 block of Sacramento Avenue, according to a news release from the West Sacramento Police Department.

The department’s dispatch center received several 911 calls reporting two women were fighting and one of them was armed with a knife, police said.

Officers arrived and found one woman who appeared to have suffered at least one stab wound to her upper torso, according to the news release. Officers performed life-saving measures on her before she was taken by ambulance to a hospital, where she died from her injuries.

The Yolo County Coroner’s Office on Thursday afternoon released the name of Raechel McGrath, 32, of West Sacramento, who was the woman killed in Wednesday’s stabbing.

Police said the officers at the scene detained one woman, who was identified by independent witnesses as the suspect in the deadly confrontation.

On Thursday, the agency said detectives arrested Esther Garcia, 53, of West Sacramento after the incident. Garcia was booked into the Yolo County Jail on suspicion of murder, where she remains without bail. She’ll next appear in court at 1:30 p.m. Friday.

Detectives were conducting a follow-up investigation to determine whether the suspect and victim knew each other and the motive for the stabbing. Police officials said they will release more information as soon as it becomes available.

Think you're right. Location and age match up.

Thread heading to non-MDS thanks!

Thread Information