Thread: Customs and Border Patrol officer Alberto Almeida arrested after threatening his superior over imaginary QAnon claims

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

Customs and Border Patrol officer Alberto Almeida arrested after threatening his superior over imaginary QAnon claims

https://www.thedailybeast.com/custom...atening-a-boss

A U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer who apparently embraced the pro-Trump conspiracy movement QAnon has been arrested after allegedly threatening an agency higher-up over a litany of imaginary crimes.

The charges against CBP officer Alberto Almeida, which were filed in New Jersey federal court last week and have not been previously reported, is the latest example of the traction QAnon?s dangerous brand of right-wing disinformation seems to be gaining within the ranks of law enforcement.

According to the criminal complaint, Almeida sent ?numerous? menacing messages via text and social media to Edward Fox, CBP?s assistant port director for Newark, New Jersey, over the past nine months.

The messages, which came via text and social media, referenced deranged tropes pushed by QAnon, which pushes the baseless idea that the world is controlled by a cabal of cannibal-pedophiles in the Democratic Party, who, in an echo of earlier anti-Semitic conspiracy theories, drink childrens' blood to stay alive. QAnon fans believe that President Trump, along with members of the military and federal law enforcement, will soon carry out mass arrests and executions of his political opponents.

Almeida?s unhinged accusations against Fox included involvement in the Sept. 11 terror attacks and a child-trafficking ring that QAnon supporters have convinced themselves is run by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

?Attention CBP Assistant Port Director Ed Fox in Newark,? Almeida posted to his own Facebook page.

?The next time I come to Newark Airport I am bringing Donald Trump and the U.S. Military down on your f****** head for your involvement in Hillary/Maxwell/Epstein?s child trafficking ring and 9/11. You f****** treasonous pedophile,? Almeida?s post continued. ?Trump takes down Hillary, JFK JR (US MILITARY) takes down the Mossad, and I take you down b****, that?s how this worked. Tick Tock. #WWG1WGA?

That might seem like gibberish, but there?s a method to the madness.

QAnon followers, who often use the slogan ?WWG1WGA,? or ?Where we go one, we go all,? believe there exists a so-called ?deep state? within the D.C. power structure linked to Clinton and a web of purported enablers including the disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein, who killed himself in federal lockup last August, and his former girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell. Q acolytes believe this nonexistent confederation is behind a plot to bring down Trump?and that the late JFK Jr., who they claim is not dead but hiding out in Pennsylvania, will soon emerge as Trump?s 2020 running mate.

Although the claims may seem comedic, the FBI in fact considers QAnon a domestic terror threat, with the potential to carry out violent acts. On Oct. 6, Facebook banned QAnon-related accounts across all of its platforms, defining it as a ?militarized social movement.? Still, otherwise intelligent-seeming people somehow keep falling for it. Over the summer, former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn expressed his support for the admittedly delusional conspiracy, seeming to ?induct? several others into the fold. President Trump has refused to renounce the group, arguing that ?they like me.?

Almeida is the first known CBP officer to be charged witha QAnon-related crime.

While only a small percentage of American law enforcement officers have so far been outed as QAnon adherents, law enforcement insiders who spoke to The Daily Beast expressed alarm at the idea of armed men and women subscribing at all to a conspiracy as outwardly irrational as QAnon.

Former CBP internal affairs chief James Tomsheck said his personal reaction to the Almeida charges was one of ?shock and dismay.? Tomsheck said now would be the time for agency officials to begin an administrative inquiry into Almeida, regardless of what happens in court.

?If the employee is espousing violent ideology, he certainly could be found unsuitable for employment and terminated?independent of any criminal acts he may have committed,? Tomsheck told The Daily Beast.

In response to a request for comment, a CBP spokesperson said, "U.S. Customs and Border Protection takes all allegations of employee misconduct seriously, but none more so than alleged threats to members of the public or other CBP employees. As shown in the criminal complaint filed with the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the allegations against CBP [officer] Almeida are being investigated by the CBP Office of Professional Responsibility. CBP does not comment on ongoing investigations or pending litigation."

Although 45 U.S. states can now decertify police officers for serious wrongdoing?essentially, taking away their ?license? to work as a cop?this is not standard practice at the federal level. In fact, the only federal agencies known to share their own data with IADLEST, a national database of law enforcement officers and agents who have been stripped of their badges, are the Department of Defense and the National Park Service, said Roger Goldman, a Missouri law professor and an expert on police decertification at the state and local levels.

When a federal law enforcement officer is convicted of a crime, they often sign an agreement not to ever apply for another federal police job again. But, Goldman told The Daily Beast, ?Who keeps track of that? It?s not enough just to get a promise that this guy will stay out of law enforcement.?

There are now nearly 50 political candidates in the U.S. who have publicly proclaimed their allegiance to QAnon.

Social media has brought apparently ?unstable people [like Almeida]... out of the shadows,? said Joseph Giacalone, a retired NYPD squad commander who now teaches at New York City?s John Jay College of Criminal Justice.

?Federal and local authorities better be doing their due diligence in hiring,? Giacalone told The Daily Beast. ?I?d like to know if there were any red flags in this guy?s jacket before, during, and after the hiring process.?

CBP is the rare law enforcement agency that does not require all recruits to undergo a psychological evaluation before joining the force. Its members are also arrested at a far higher rate than that of local and state law enforcement, with criminal misconduct by U.S. border officers recently hitting a five-year high.

Almeida is now free on $50,000 unsecured bond. He faces a single charge of threatening a law enforcement officer?in this case, his superior?which carries a potential sentence of up to 10 years in prison. Almeida?s attorney, David Jay Glassman, did not respond to a request for comment.

Almeida is due back in court on Oct. 20.
    It's easy to dismiss these QAnon people as just crazies, but they are dangerous psychos in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/custom...atening-a-boss

It's easy to dismiss these QAnon people as just crazies, but they are dangerous psychos in my opinion.
    QAnon is a cult at this point and the leaders are Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin. I remember talking to another guy about this. He is an Ex-Republican that is moving to the Democrats to vote for Biden, my old friend originally said the Republicans are crazies initially until the sheer deaths from COVID-19 came out he changed sides and moved to the Democrats once he heard of the snake oil coming out of the current RNC. Yes he has a hard time convincing his family to move out of the RNC at this point though warning over the Jim Jones style rantings that the Republicans do these days though.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Super scary stuff.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    They DO realize that Epstein and Trump were much closer friends than he and the Clintons. Right? And that 45 wished Maxwell "well" only about a month ago. These people need to be put down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    They DO realize that Epstein and Trump were much closer friends than he and the Clintons. Right? And that 45 wished Maxwell "well" only about a month ago. These people need to be put down.
    No. NO! you've got it all wrong. Even way back then Trump was trying to infiltrate the pedo ring. And ummm Maxwell was his mole.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Can someone explain the JFK Jr thing to me? They do realize that his Dad was one of the big Democrat Presidents, and that he was a big Democrat, right?

Can someone explain the JFK Jr thing to me? They do realize that his Dad was one of the big Democrat Presidents, and that he was a big Democrat, right?
    But RFK Jr. is connected to Trump because one RFK Jr caused a huge death rate in Samoa over measles and now Trump ran with RFK Jr's ideas and caused a huge death rate from COVID-19 here in the USA. This Qanon shit is nothing when Trump's COVID-19 response is killing more people than even the Iraq war at this point.

As for “reckless anti-vaccine rhetoric,” that defines Trump too. For more than a decade, Trump has promoted the long-debunked and fraudulent claim that vaccines cause autism. He has advocated stretching out the schedule of childhood vaccinations, a practice condemned by creditable pediatric experts.

Trump has made common cause with anti-vaccine cranks such as Robert F. Kennedy Jr., and even lent credence to Andrew Wakefield. He’s the notorious perpetrator of the myth linking autism with the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine, a stance that got Wakefield’s medical license revoked in Britain and that has caused needless disease and suffering in Britain, across Europe and in the U.S.

Trump’s attack on Biden and Harris came after they pointed out, quite properly, that Trump’s push for a vaccine approval before the Nov. 3 election reflected his political concerns and pressured the FDA to approve a vaccine before it was thoroughly vetted by scientists.

Harris said in a CNN interview that she “would not trust Donald Trump” on the safety and efficacy of a vaccine approved before election day. She warned of the likelihood that under Trump’s thumb, public health experts and scientists won’t get the last word on the vaccine.

“If past is prologue,” Harris said, “they’ll be muzzled, they’ll be suppressed. They’ll be sidelined.”

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...ti-vaxx-record

Full DIsclosure I voted for Biden plus Democrat congressional allies.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Like I said. They need to be put down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    But RFK Jr. is connected to Trump because one RFK Jr caused a huge death rate in Samoa over measles and now Trump ran with RFK Jr's ideas and caused a huge death rate from COVID-19 here in the USA. This Qanon shit is nothing when Trump's COVID-19 response is killing more people than even the Iraq war at this point.

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...ti-vaxx-record

Full DIsclosure I voted for Biden plus Democrat congressional allies.
    It doesn't say RFK, it says JFK. I want someone to explain it to me because that makes no sense to me.

Rolling Stone is going to explain this shitshow to all of us.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...theory-854938/

QAnon Followers Think JFK Jr. Is Coming Back on the 4th of July-He’s an avid Trump supporter and has been hiding in Pennsylvania for two decades, according to some people on Twitter who don’t seem to realize he’s actually dead

Consider, if you will, a sliding scale of celebrities. On one end of this spectrum are those who are still alive, including but not limited to: Jennifer Aniston, Justin Bieber, nine-tenths of the original cast of Beverly Hills, 90210. On the other end are those who are dead, also including but not limited to: Elvis Presley, John Belushi, and (arguably) Tupac.

On this scientific scale, John F. Kennedy Jr. falls somewhere in between Judy Garland and former Minnesota Twins center fielder Kirby Puckett; all of which is to say, he is extremely, irrefutably dead. In July 1999, the pulchritudinous son of John and Jackie Kennedy and cofounder of George magazine perished in a tragic plane crash at the age of 38, along with his wife Carolyn Bessette and his sister-in-law Lauren. At least, this is the conventional narrative perpetuated by the fake news media, according to supporters of the pro-Trump conspiracy theory QAnon. Hardcore Q believers think that JFK Jr. is not only alive and well, but also that he plans to emerge from his 20-year hiatus from public life by coming out and supporting Trump as his running mate in 2020. Moreover, they believe that a guy in Pittsburgh named Vincent Fusca is actually JFK Jr. in disguise, and they have made T-shirts promoting this belief. (Seriously. You can buy them on Amazon.)

The theory that JFK Jr. is alive and a Trump supporter and a hirsute former financial services professional who lives in Pittsburgh has been percolating in QAnon forums for at least the past year. But it recently made a resurgence on YouTube, where QAnon supporters are posting tutorials for how to make JFK Jr. face masks to wear to Trump’s much-hyped July 4th rally, when they believe JFK Jr. will finally emerge from hiding. The goal of the masks, according to Daily Beast reporter Will Sommer, is for believers to be able to easily identify other QAnon supporters (though, frankly, this seems unlikely, as the shock of seeing a long-dead celebrity casually walking around Washington would almost certainly inspire mass fear and panic in the streets).

So what, exactly, is the basis for this theory, and where did it come from? Why, exactly, do QAnon believers ardently cling to the idea that John John is alive and well and living in Pittsburgh? And did Vincent Fusca have sex with Daryl Hannah in the 1980s? These are just a few of the important questions we must answer.

How did JFK Jr. become involved?
    The theory that Kennedy was alive and running Q arose in June 2018, after the anonymous poster behind Q briefly went dark. Another anonymous poster, “R,” showed up on the QAnon forums on the website 8chan and started dropping hints that JFK Jr. had faked his death to avoid being targeted by members of the deep-state conspiracy and was actually Q.

The idea gained further credence thanks to Liz Crokin, a right-wing conspiracy theorist who referred to JFK Jr.’s role as Q during a 2018 interview with vlogger Jenny Moonstone. In the video, Crokin cited Q’s posts about former President John F. Kennedy as evidence that JFK Jr. was running the account. “The way that Q talks about JFK Sr. in the posts, it is with such love and passion, it makes me think that it is someone that is close to him,” Crokin said in the video. “If JFK Jr. faked his death and was alive, it would make sense that he was Q.”

Adding fuel to the fire, a quote attributed to JFK Jr. in praise of Trump was widely shared by QAnon supporters on social media. “If my dear friend Donald Trump ever decided to sacrifice his fabulous billionaire lifestyle to become president he would be an unstoppable force for ultimate justice that Democrats and Republicans alike would celebrate,” the quote, which was reportedly published in George Magazine in June 1999, read. (Kennedy’s fatal plane crash was on July 16, 1999.)

The fact-checking website Politifact later found there was no record of Kennedy ever having written such a thing in George — or anywhere else, for that matter. (The photo accompanying the post, however, did appear to be genuine, and was taken at a Knicks game the two attended in March 1999.) Not wanting to let a silly thing like facts get in the way, QAnon supporters clung to the theory that Kennedy and Trump had long been in cahoots, and the quote continues to circulate to this day, as does another “quote” from JFK Jr. reportedly vowing to avenge his father’s death, “even if I have to bring down the whole government.” (It’s unclear if that quote is real — either way, it was in the context of accusations that Lyndon B. Johnson was behind his father’s assassination. For the record, Lyndon B. Johnson is also very, very dead.)

Who is Vincent Fusca, and how did he become involved?
    Described by Sommer as a “fedora-wearing Trump superfan from Pennsylvania,” Fusca is a frequent attendee at Trump rallies and is sometimes seen in the background of photos of Trump during his speeches. (He also placed 1572nd in the 59th World Series of Poker, according to an online WSOP profile under his name.) Some QAnon supporters have pointed to Fusca’s presence at Trump rallies as proof that Fusca is actually JFK Jr. in disguise, and has altered his appearance with veneers and plastic surgery in order to pass through society undetected. (It is worth noting that the two look absolutely nothing alike.)

As a result of this theory, Fusca has become something of a mega-celebrity in QAnon world, posing for photos with fans and fueling the theory with his own cryptic tweets; at one point, a Twitter account claiming to be Fusca posing as “the Real RAnon” had more than 30,000 followers. (The account was later revealed to be authored not by Fusca, but by a former Arizona Green Party congressional candidate named Ray Parrish.)
    At any other time, in any other society, we would lock these people up and throw away the key.

It doesn't say RFK, it says JFK. I want someone to explain it to me because that makes no sense to me.
    I knew something was crazy and cult ranting about Qanon thats about it with no direct details proving anything.

Thread Information