Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: I Can See Clearly Now Singer Johnny Nash Dead at 80

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    GA girl living in NY
    Posts
    2,521
    Rep Power
    13696035

    I Can See Clearly Now Singer Johnny Nash Dead at 80

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Nash

    https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/06/johnn...e-clearly-now/

    Johnny Nash, the guy who sang the incredibly happy and infectious 1970s #1 hit, "I Can See Clearly Now," has died.

    The singer's son tells TMZ ... Johnny was at home Tuesday when he passed away of natural causes. No word on cause of death yet.

    Johnny was born in Houston and made his debut as a major label artist in 1957 with the single, "A Teenager Sings the Blues." However, it was his reggae-tinged hit that topped the charts in November of 1972, and stayed there for 4 weeks.

    Nash sold more than 1 million copies of the single, and it made him an international star, especially in Jamaica ... where he became one of the first non-Jamaican singers to record reggae on the island.

    While he might go down in music history as a one-hit wonder, what a smash. "I Can See Clearly Now" has been covered numerous times after Johnny. A couple of those covers even reached the top 20 -- the most recent one being Jimmy Cliff's 1993 version for the "Cool Runnings" soundtrack.

    His son, John Nash III, tells us, "He was a wonderful father and family man. He loved people and the world. He will be missed within his community. Family was his everything."

    Johnny was 80.

    RIP

    Last edited by up2trouble; 10-06-2020 at 05:50 PM.

  2. #2
    Cranjis McBasketball Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    8,354
    Rep Power
    21474854
    RIP.

    But damn, I hate that song. I blame Hallmark. (I worked there for a bit and they played that song ALL the fucking time, it got to be annoying)


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  3. #3
    Senior Member puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    19,138
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    RIP.

    But damn, I hate that song. I blame Hallmark. (I worked there for a bit and they played that song ALL the fucking time, it got to be annoying)
    I can understand that. There are some songs, maybe perfectly lovely songs that get ruined because some jackhole plays them to the point of madness. "You Light up My Life" springs to mind for me.

    meanwhile, I cried because I don't want to have to wait till I'm dead for the "metaphorical" blue skies to come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  4. #4
    Cranjis McBasketball Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    8,354
    Rep Power
    21474854
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I can understand that. There are some songs, maybe perfectly lovely songs that get ruined because some jackhole plays them to the point of madness. "You Light up My Life" springs to mind for me.

    meanwhile, I cried because I don't want to have to wait till I'm dead for the "metaphorical" blue skies to come back.
    There is one other song that Sears used to play all the time when I worked there, that I got really sick of. No idea what it's called but it goes something like "put up a parking lot" or some shit. Drives me nuts to hear it.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  5. #5
    Senior Member puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    19,138
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    There is one other song that Sears used to play all the time when I worked there, that I got really sick of. No idea what it's called but it goes something like "put up a parking lot" or some shit. Drives me nuts to hear it.
    You're welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  6. #6
    Cranjis McBasketball Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    8,354
    Rep Power
    21474854
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    You're welcome
    Must've been a different version they played because it was a dude who sang it.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  7. #7
    Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    17,070
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Must've been a different version they played because it was a dude who sang it.
    The Counting Crows did it back in the 90's I believe. Bob Dylan also did a version of it, but my guess is you head the CC version.

  8. #8
    Senior Member puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    19,138
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    The Counting Crows did it back in the 90's I believe. Bob Dylan also did a version of it, but my guess is you head the CC version.
    But for shear bloody annoying, it's hard to top Dylan. Brilliant of course, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  9. #9
    Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    17,070
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    But for shear bloody annoying, it's hard to top Dylan. Brilliant of course, but...
    All true.

  10. #10
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    17,693
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    But for shear bloody annoying, it's hard to top Dylan. Brilliant of course, but...
    Truth. His Son on the other hand, I love his voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  11. #11
    Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    17,070
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Truth. His Son on the other hand, I love his voice.
    me too!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •