Thread: After 6-year-old (Tai'raz Moore) killed execution-style, Michigan police may ask feds to seek death penalty

After 6-year-old (Tai'raz Moore) killed execution-style, Michigan police may ask feds to seek death penalty

https://www.mlive.com/news/2020/10/a...h-penalty.html

WARREN, MI -- Police say a 6-year-old boy was killed execution-style during a double homicide at a home in Warren Thursday, and if the suspect is found, they may seek the death penalty through federal assistance. Warren Police Commissioner Bill Dwyer made the announcement during a press conference Friday.

“If we bring the federal authorities in, we may be asking for the death penalty for the person or persons responsible. I’m not saying we are at this point,” Dwyer said.

The death penalty has been outlawed completely in Michigan since 1963 and was abolished in 1847 for all crimes except treason. However, if the case moves to a federal level, it would open the door for a possible death penalty sentence.

“When you murder a 6-year-old innocent baby, the person or persons responsible deserve the death penalty,” Dwyer said.

The boy has been identified as Tai’raz Moore. He was found in the home in the 2000 block of Otis Avenue near 9 Mile Road with his dead 28-year-old mother, who has not yet been identified. The two were found by police Thursday after Detroit Police tried to make contact with the family of a man found burned beyond recognition in a car in Detroit. Tai’raz is the son of the man found burned in the car in Detroit and his mother was the man’s girlfriend.

When police arrived at the home, no one answered the door, but officers noticed it was cracked open. The Detroit officers called Warren Police for help so they could enter the home. After going inside, they found the bodies of Tai’raz and his mother. Dwyer says the two may have known the person who killed them and it’s possible both the Warren and Detroit murders were drug-related, but that is not known for certain at this point.

Regardless of the reasons, Dwyer says he wants to bring the strongest sentence possible once a suspect or suspects are captured.

“The execution-style killing of a 6-year-old boy is truly evil, unthinkable, senseless and shows no regard for life," Dwyer said. “Only monsters and godless creatures would pull the trigger on a 6-year-old and execute a child.”

The investigation is ongoing and will continue around the clock according to Dwyer. The department has recovered some evidence already and is canvassing the neighborhood to look for clues and to speak with neighbors about what they may have seen. Some video recovered at the scene is expected to be released later Friday.

Dwyer pleaded with the community to come forward if they know anything about either case.

“There are people that we know should come forward and provide us with the information to arrest the persons responsible. And I would plead with those people that have that information to either contact the Detroit Police Department Homicide Division or the Warren Police Department,” Dwyer said.

Last edited by up2trouble; 10-03-2020 at 09:37 AM.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/tai039raz-moore

Mother of 6-year-old killed execution-style: You took my baby, you took my life

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/mot...u-took-my-life

FOX 2 - She hasn't slept and can barely speak after so many tears and gut-wrenching pain. Brittany Thompson's 6-year-old son, Tai'raz Moore was brutally killed, execution-style.

"You took my baby. You took my life," said Brittany Thompson.

Mother of slain 6-year-old pleads for justice

She hasn't slept and can barely speak after so many tears and gut-wrenching pain. Brittany Thompson's 6-year-old son was brutally killed, execution-style.

"How you killed him was so disgusting. You have no conscience," she said.

Warren police are working with Detroit police calling the act, truly evil. Warren police discovered the bodies of Tai'raz and his father's 28-year-old girlfriend Isis Rimson in the basement of their home on Otis Street Thursday morning.

"I pray that you weren't scared when it happened," Thompson said. "I hope he wasn't scared. And I want you to know I'm sorry that I wasn't there to protect you."

Detroit police say just hours before, the body of Tai'raz's father - 31-year-old Tukoyo Moore - was found in Detroit in the back of a burned up rental car. Investigators say the motive was quite possibly, narcotics.

"If we bring the federal authorities in, we may be asking for the death penalty," said Warren Police Commissioner Bill Dwyer.

As police aggressively try to hunt down the person or persons responsible, Tai'raz's family call the little boy, who just turned 6 in July, vibrant, outgoing, curious - and protective of his mom and three sisters - and very mature for his age.

"I was like oh my goodness you gave birth to a man," said Maurie Thompson, his grandmother. "He just took on that persona. Like he was this little old soul."

Tai'raz enjoyed school, had a favorite teacher, and also loved animals, singing, and dancing.

"Everyone in the community is just heartbroken," said Maurie.

Tai'raz's mother's last conversation with her little boy: his first loose tooth, that he planned to lose the next day.

"His tomorrow never came," said Brittany.

Now this family -that's barely able to breathe without feeling overwhelming pain, has started a GoFundMe page to give Tai'raz - a proper goodbye and praying his killer - or killers - are found.

"I want you to live a long time and I want you to suffer," Brittany said in a message to whoever is responsible. "Death is too easy."

If you have any information on this case, call Warren police or to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 10-03-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Ohhhhhh myyyyyyy godddddddd....:swear

Let me at this motherfucker. Jeezus fucking christ. It doesn't matter who he is. Holy fuck I want this piece of shit to sufferrrrrrrrrr.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Thread Information