Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Trumps positive for COVID-19

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    See, nowwwww this dog shit motherfucker and his shitass family are "all in this together", but this is a hoax, remember?

So the biggest con man on the planet tested positive for a disease that is a democrat hoax?

Serves this motherfucker right. I hope he suffers, hard. I hope he's left with serious, and i mean serious recurring issues in the wake of it, too.

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving piece of shit. You don't want to follow the guidelines of the experts in infectious disease, then fuck you AND the horse you rode in on.

I'd be wrong if I said those things in hopes it would make him a better person, but tigers can't change their stripes. The people who voted for him are some of the legit dumbest most clueless and heartless sacks of dog shit on this fucking planet, and idgaf if you disagree, the proof is right in front of your eyes. The man gives net zero fucks about anyone but himself and his family.

Welcome back! I hope the orange fucker dies so we don't have to maybe put up with another 4 years with him as president.
    I'm sure with him getting the coronavirus this is going to further strain our relations with China since they're the yellow devil (which Trump I'm not sure has said, but he's probably thinking it). If he doesn't die, I hope he can't taste his food then maybe oompa loompa will loose some weight. I just hope he gets the coronavirus that sticks for months and not for a couple of days. I hope president fuckhead will now enforce mask wearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

President Donald Trump, who revealed he tested positive for coronavirus early Friday, is leaving the White House for Walter Reed Military Medical Center, it has been revealed.

He will remain at the military hospital based in Bethesda, Maryland, for a 'few days' where the White House said he will be working while he undergoes tests.
    And a whole bunch more at:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...treatment.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Is 2020 trying to apologize?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post

Here's hoping!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

RIP Bro
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Welcome back! I hope the orange fucker dies so we don't have to maybe put up with another 4 years with him as president.
    I'm sure with him getting the coronavirus this is going to further strain our relations with China since they're the yellow devil (which Trump I'm not sure has said, but he's probably thinking it). If he doesn't die, I hope he can't taste his food then maybe oompa loompa will loose some weight. I just hope he gets the coronavirus that sticks for months and not for a couple of days. I hope president fuckhead will now enforce mask wearing.
    Awwww!

I lurk more often now, but it's been awhile since I went full on postal on anyone.

For the record: Every one of these goddamn single brain cell fucks who doesn't want to wear a mask in the wake of this virus is a piece of shit. It didn't have to be this way, but you ignorant fuckers have spread this virus just like Typhoid Mary spread her ills. There are now superspreaders, who carry the virus, likely had a mild case, and continue to infect others on a daily basis.

Oh, and all you inbred goat fuckers screaming about "freedoms" need to sit the fuck down, too. With freedom comes responsibility, but you seem to forget that shit, because you're fucking dog shit with a pulse. And it doesn't matter if we're talking about pandemics or guns, the same holds true, so fuck you and your mom.

These are the people who should be locked up before they are taken out and shot.

Let me make this perfectly clear for anyone in the audience who isn't able to comprehend things: There are people awake 24/7/365 right now, trying to get a handle on this fucking virus and learn as much as they can from the data they have and continue to receive. This virus is no joke, and if you're stupid enough to think that it's a hoax, as your dumbass president has mentioned, then I hope you catch it and it leaves you with serious side effects that last you the rest of your stupid ass life.

Why? Because I, along with half the population of this fucking country, are tired of you ignorant motherfuckers thinking you know better than the scientific and healthcare communities who exist solely to prevent these kinds of things from happening. You have disgraced yourselves in ways you can't even begin to comprehend because you think that your high school diploma and a google search give you just as much credibility as a researcher who spends decades peering down the lens of a microscope in search of answers.

I'm tired of the level of stupid that exists in this once great nation. Other countries did the right things, but you brain dead fucks just couldn't do the right thing for yourselves or your neighbors. You don't ever, EVER get to call yourselves "Christians" again. You've shown the world who you really are deep inside.

I don't pull my punches. You may not agree with my statement, but I truly don't give a holy goat fuck. You are the reason this country is not well off, and you are the reason that 200,000 people in this country have died. I hope you die in your sleep after a nightmare where the ugly monster inside you takes your soul straight to hell.

Your stupidity has cost lives, not to mention the well being of countless others who didn't die but suffer every day now. Fuck every single one of you heartless pieces of human shit.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

https://www.wnct.com/news/north-caro...-for-covid-19/

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WNCT) Senator Thom Tillis has tested positive for COVID-19.

Senator Tillis (R-NC) issued the following statement:

“Over the last few months, I’ve been routinely tested for COVID-19, including testing negative last Saturday, but tonight my rapid antigen test came back positive. I will be following the recommendations of my doctor and will be self-isolating at home for 10 days and notifying those I’ve been in close contact with. Thankfully, I have no symptoms and I feel well. As we all know, COVID-19 is a very contagious and deadly virus, especially because many carriers are asymptomatic. I encourage all North Carolinians to follow the recommendations of medical experts, including wearing a mask, washing hands, and practicing social distancing. For any North Carolinian who believes they were exposed to the virus or starts to display symptoms, please call your doctor, self-isolate, and get tested to protect those around you.”

The U.S. Senate candidate, Cal Cunningham said that he will get tested.
    Update Senator Thom Tillis is tested Positive for COVID-19 and Kellyanne Conway too

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/51...e-for-covid-19

Kellyanne Conway, former longtime adviser to President Trump, tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday.

“Tonight I tested positive for COVID-19. My symptoms are mild (light cough) and I’m feeling fine. I have begun a quarantine process in consultation with physicians,” Conway tweeted.

“As always, my heart is with everyone affected by this global pandemic,” she continued.

Conway on Saturday attended a ceremony in the Rose Garden at the White House where Trump officially nominated Judge Amy Coney Barrett to replace the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court.

Other attendees — including Sens. Mike Lee (R-Utah) and Thom Tillis (R-N.C.), and Notre Dame President Rev. John Jenkins — all announced Friday that they tested positive for the virus.

Conway did not confirm where she may have contracted the virus.

Washington was upended early Friday after the president announced that he and first lady Melania Trump tested positive for the virus.

Trump traveled to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on Friday evening. He is set to remain there “for the next few days” following his diagnosis. White House officials have said that Trump’s symptoms are mild and he remains in good spirits.

Trump on Friday evening tweeted a pre-recorded video message thanking Americans for their support as he fights the virus.

"I want to thank everybody for the tremendous support," Trump says in the 18-second clip, tweeted after he left for Walter Reed.

"I think I’m doing very well but we're going to make sure that things work out," he added. "The first lady is doing very well. So thank you very much. I appreciate it. I will never forget it."

White House adviser Hope Hicks also tested positive for the virus Thursday after she had traveled with Trump on Air Force One earlier in the week.

Conway departed from her position in the Trump administration at the end of August to focus on family matters, she said in a statement at the time.

Her daughter, Claudia Conway, was the first to announce that her mom tested positive in a video on TikTok.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...vities-425041?

With just a month to go until the election, President Donald Trump had a busy schedule during the week the coronavirus hit home with him. Trump tweeted early Friday that he and first lady Melania Trump had tested positive for the coronavirus.

Here's a look at his travels over the last week and the people he's been in close contact with.

Trump announces SCOTUS nominee Amy Coney Barrett
    After meeting with her in the Oval Office, Trump holds a news conference with Amy Coney Barrett in the Rose Garden. Barrett's husband and seven children are in attendance.

Trump officially announces Barrett as his nominee to the Supreme Court.
    The crowd includes congresspeople and White House officials, many not wearing masks.

The first lady sits next to Barrett's children and husband during the president's announcement.

Guests talk among themselves afterward, shaking hands, bumping fists and gathering closely.

Utah Sen. Mike Lee is seen hugging people without a mask. He tests positive for coronavirus later in the week.

Among others in attendance are counselor Kellyanne Conway and Attorney General Bill Barr.

Trump heads to Pennsylvania
    Trump travels to Middletown, Pa. for a campaign rally.

The president walks up to and greets supporters.

Sunday
    Trump hosts a press conference
    The president makes a morning visit to the Trump National Golf Club in Virginia on Sunday. In the evening, he a speaks to reporters during a White House press conference and attends a Gold Star Families reception.

Donald Trump holds a press conference
    President Donald Trump speaks during a news conference at the White House on Sunday. | Carolyn Kaster/AP Photo

Monday
    Trump hosts guests at the White House
    Trump surveys a truck produced by Lordstown Motors on the White House South Lawn at an event attended by two members of Congress and three representatives from the Lordstown, Ohio, manufacturer.

Lordstown Motors event
    Lordstown Motors CEO Steve Burns (right) shows President Donald Trump the Endurance all-electric pickup truck. Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio and White House senior trade adviser Peter Navarro are also in attendance. | Evan Vucci/AP Photo

Trump also holds a Rose Garden event to announce an administration effort to distribute millions of coronavirus test kits to states. The event is attended by administration officials including Vice President Mike Pence, members of Congress and state officials.

President Donald Trump.
    President Donald Trump speaks about coronavirus testing strategy, in the Rose Garden of the White House, Monday, Sept. 28, 2020, in Washington. | Evan Vucci/ AP Photo

Tuesday
    Trump heads to Cleveland
    President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump arrive at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport for the first presidential debate, Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2020, in Cleveland.
    President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump arrive at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport for the first presidential debate. | AP Photo/Evan Vucci

Trump travels to Cleveland for a 90-minute presidential debate against Democratic rival Joe Biden. The two men are both tested ahead of the debate and stand behind lecterns positioned a good distance from one another. They do not wear masks during the faceoff.

President Donald Trump speaks during the first presidential debate against former Vice President Joe Biden on Sept.29, 2020 in Cleveland, Ohio.
    President Donald Trump speaks during the first presidential debate against former Vice President Joe Biden. | Morry Gash-Pool/Getty Images

White House aide Hope Hicks is part of a large entourage that travels to Ohio with Trump aboard Air Force One for the debate, including members of the Trump family. Trump's adult children and senior staff do not wear masks during the debate, violating host rules.

Eric Trump and Ivanka Trump, senior advisor to the president, arrive for the first presidential debate
    Eric Trump and Senior Advisor to the President Ivanka Trump arrive for the first presidential debate. | Pool/Getty Images

Wednesday
    Trump heads to Minneapolis
    Trump travels to Minnesota for a fundraiser at a private home in suburban Minneapolis and an outdoor rally in Duluth. Hicks is among the White House aides who accompany Trump on the trip.

Hope Hicks and other staff walk to board Marine One.
    Hope Hicks and other staff walk to board Marine One with President Donald Trump at the White House on Wednesday for the short trip to Andrews Air Force Base en route to Minnesota. | Carolyn Kaster/ AP Photo

Trump tosses a hat at his supporters. On the return trip from the rally, Hicks feels unwell on the return trip and isolates herself aboard Air Force One.

President Donald Trump tosses a hat to supporters at his campaign rally at Duluth International Airport.
    President Donald Trump tosses a hat to supporters at his campaign rally at Duluth International Airport. | Alex Brandon/AP Photo

Thursday
    Trump heads to Bedminster
    Trump flies to his Bedminster resort in New Jersey for a private fundraiser and Hicks tests positive for the coronavirus. Several aides who were in proximity to Hicks scrap plans to accompany Trump.

President Donald Trump in New Jersey
    Trump arrives at Morristown Municipal Airport to attend a fundraiser at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster. | Evan Vucci/AP Photo

Trump announces in an evening interview on Fox News that he and the first lady are being tested for the coronavirus. He later tweets that they will “begin our quarantine process!”

Friday
    Trump says he's tested positive
    Trump tweets shortly before 1 a.m. that he and the first lady have tested positive for the virus and “will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately.”

White House chief of staff Mark Meadows says Trump was experiencing "mild symptoms" after contracting the coronavirus. He refused to say whether he intentionally withheld information about Hicks also testing positive in recent days.

Sens. Thom Tillis and Lee both announce Friday they've tested positive for coronavirus, with each Republican senator saying they will quarantine for 10 days. Both men serve on the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is considering the Supreme Court nomination of Amy Coney Barrett. Lee also met with Barrett on Tuesday.

Kellyanne Conway

University of Notre Dame President Rev. John Jenkins, who was also at the Saturday announcement, says he has tested positive.

Turns out the point of origin is the Supreme court announcement as the possible source of the outbreak. but sadly it going to be Jim Jones and Typhoid Mary mixed on the same event the way things are going.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/atte...ry?id=73391378

Here is more

Less than a week ago, several top White House officials mingled with guests in the Rose Garden as President Donald Trump officially nominated Amy Coney Barrett to replace Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court.

Many of those guests were seen not wearing masks, fist bumping and greeting one another in close proximity, and their seats didn't appear to be 6 feet apart.

On Thursday night, Hope Hicks, one of Trump's closest advisers, tested positive for coronavirus, then the president and first lady Melania Trump also tested positive. The president and his wife were present at the event, but Hicks was not.

On Friday, Utah Sen. Mike Lee, also at the Rose Garden, announced he had tested positive for COVID-19 after experiencing "symptoms consistent with longtime allergies."

Lee said he took a test only a few days ago "while visiting the White House," which came back negative. He said he will "remain isolated for the next 10 days" and "will be back to work in time" to pursue Barrett's nomination.

Prior to her judgeship, Barrett made a name for herself at Notre Dame Law School, also her alma mater. During her 2017 confirmation process, her Notre Dame Law colleagues penned a glowing – and unanimous – endorsement letter.

University of Notre Dame President Rev. John Jenkins was also at the Rose Garden event and also announced Friday he had tested positive for the virus.

PHOTO:President Donald Trump, center, stands with Judge Amy Coney Barrett as they arrive for a news conference to announce Barrett as his nominee to the Supreme Court, in the Rose Garden at the White House, Sept. 26, 2020, in Washington.
    Alex Brandon/AP
    Alex Brandon/AP
    President Donald Trump, center, stands with Judge Amy Coney Barrett as they arrive for a news conference to announce Barrett as his nominee to the Supreme Court, in the Rose Garden at the White Hous...Read More
    President Donald Trump, center, stands with Judge Amy Coney Barrett as they arrive for a news conference to announce Barrett as his nominee to the Supreme Court, in the Rose Garden at the White House, Sept. 26, 2020, in Washington.
    In a statement from the university's vice president, Paul J, Browne, he said Jenkins "learned that a colleague with whom he has been in regular contact tested positive for COVID-19. ... As a result, he is entering an extended period of isolation as indicated by University medical personnel and county health officials."

"My symptoms are mild and I will continue work from home," Jenkins said in the statement. "The positive test is a good reminder for me and perhaps for all of how vigilant we need to be."

North Carolina Sen. Thom Tillis, who also was at the Rose Garden, announced Friday night that he, too, had tested positive for COVID-19. In a statement, he said he had tested negative on Saturday, "but tonight my rapid antigen test came back positive."

"Thankfully, I have no symptoms and I feel well," said Tillis, who added that he plans to self-isolate at home for 10 days and notify close contacts.
    A member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Tillis said he met with Barrett after the announcement on Saturday and again on Wednesday. He was seen meeting with Barrett on Wednesday while neither wore a mask.

Tillis also took part in a debate with the Democratic challenger for his Senate seat, Cal Cunningham, on Thursday night. The two greeted each other before the debate, but were wearing masks and only bumped elbows. Cunningham said Friday night he would get tested.

On Friday night, Kellyanne Conway, who served as counselor to the president until earlier this year, and who was a regular spokesperson for the White House, announced on Twitter she had tested positive. Conway, 53, said she is experiencing mild symptoms.

"Tonight I tested positive for COVID-19. My symptoms are mild (light cough) and I’m feeling fine," she wrote. "I have begun a quarantine process in consultation with physicians."

Conway was sitting in the front row at the Rose Garden announcement and was seen mingling with guests and other White House officials while not wearing a mask.

Attorney General William Barr also was at the event and seen without a mask, chatting in close proximity to Conway, but a Department of Justice spokesperson said he tested negative on Friday.

PHOTO: Former counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway, center, and Attorney General William Barr talk with guests in the Rose Garden after President Donald Trump introduced Amy Coney Barrett as nominee to the Supreme Court, Sept. 26, 2020.
    Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
    Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
    Former counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway, center, and Attorney General William Barr, right, talk with guests in the Rose Garden after President Donald Trump introduced Amy Coney Barrett as h...Read More
    Former counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway, center, and Attorney General William Barr, right, talk with guests in the Rose Garden after President Donald Trump introduced Amy Coney Barrett as his nominee to the Supreme Court at the White House, Sept. 26, 2020.
    A seventh person at the event, an unnamed journalist, was also confirmed to have tested positive, according to the White House Correspondents' Association.

Warning expect more names to pop on this thread due to the connections to Trump that is at play here.

https://www.npr.org/sections/latest-...e-for-coronavi

Donald Trump's campaign manager, Bill Stepien is the latest in the president's inner circle to test positive for the coronavirus, a campaign official confirmed to NPR.

Stepien took over the campaign in July, replacing Brad Parscale. He had previously served as the campaign's deputy manager. According to Politico, he is experiencing mild symptoms and "plans to quarantine until he recovers."

Trump announced early Friday that he and the first lady had tested positive for the coronavirus. The president is currently staying at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, at the recommendation of his physician. He thanked his well-wishers for their support in a brief video posted to Twitter and said he feels that he's "doing very well."

The president's diagnosis came hours after Hope Hicks, one of Trump's close advisers, had tested positive for the coronavirus. Hicks had traveled with him to both Tuesday's debate and to a rally in Minnesota the next day. Stepien was also at Tuesday's debate.

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden announced Friday that he and his wife had both tested negative for the coronavirus. After announcing his test results, Biden said in a tweet that he hoped it served as a reminder to " wear a mask, keep social distance, and wash your hands. He also tweeted his well wishes to the president and first lady, saying he would be "pray for the health and safety of the president and his family."

Kellyanne Conway, a former White House advisor, also announced she had tested positive for the coronavirus late Friday. Conway no longer works at the White House, but recently attended a ceremony at the Rose Garden after Trump formally nominated Amy Coney Barrett to fill the Supreme Court seat left vacant by the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Several others who attended the event have also tested positive, including Hicks, Senators Mike Lee and Thom Tillis and John Jenkins, the president of Notre Dame University.

Conway said in a tweet she was experiencing mild symptoms and had "begun a quarantine process" after consulting with her physicians.

"As always, my heart is with everyone affected by this global pandemic," she wrote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/w...ovid-test.html

LONDON — President Trump’s disclosure that he had been infected by the coronavirus sent a shudder around the world on Friday, drawing sympathy from leaders who have grappled with the pandemic in their own countries and more pointed responses from critics who noted Mr. Trump’s cavalier handling of the threat.

Mr. Trump is not the first world leader to be stricken. Prime Minister Boris Johnson of Britain and President Jair Bolsonaro of Brazil both were infected — drawing an eerie link between three populist politicians whose countries have been particularly hard hit by the pandemic.

At 74, Mr. Trump is older and more vulnerable than either of those men. The news of an American president contracting a potentially lethal virus also carried global repercussions beyond what would be generated by any other world leader. Financial markets fell in Asia and wobbled in Europe and the United States, before steadying after the disclosure that Vice President Mike Pence had tested negative.

For allies and adversaries alike, there was a sense of shock as they woke up to the news on Friday — even after three and a half years in which many believed they had lost the capacity to be shocked by anything involving a president whose words and deeds have regularly rocked the international order.

From Mr. Johnson to President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia to Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany, a host of foreign leaders voiced concern, sending Mr. Trump good wishes for his convalescence, as well as that of the first lady, Melania Trump, who was also infected.

“Hope they both have a speedy recovery from coronavirus,” Mr. Johnson said on Twitter, making no mention of his own bout with Covid-19, which sent him to an intensive-care unit where, he said later, “things could have gone either way.”

Mr. Putin, who has taken extraordinary precautions to shield himself during the pandemic, told Mr. Trump by telegram, “I am certain that your inherent vitality, good spirits and optimism will help you cope with this dangerous virus.”

Beyond the expressions of sympathy, however, there was an unmistakable sense of “I told you so,” particularly in countries that have practiced social distancing more assiduously than has much of the United States.

Mr. Trump, these critics noted, had minimized the threat of the virus, spurned simple precautions like wearing a mask and taken risks like holding campaign rallies with little or no social distancing and few if any masks. During the presidential debate on Tuesday, he mocked former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. for wearing a mask.

“If you look at all his public campaigns, there are lots of people who gather without masks,” said Kenichiro Sasae, a former Japanese ambassador to Washington. Mr. Trump, he said, “had given the impression that he’s trying to open the economy first.”

In China, which Mr. Trump has blamed as the seedbed of the virus, the commentary reflected a mix of sympathy, disbelief and even celebration from some who saw the development as just retribution for Mr. Trump.

“The whole world rejoices!” read one comment on Sina Weibo, a popular though heavily censored social media platform, which was liked 55,000 times in the hour after it was posted.

Others took the opportunity to ridicule Mr. Trump. Radoslaw Sikorski, a former foreign minister of Poland, wrote on Twitter, “Mr. President @realDonaldTrump, I suggest you do not try to treat yourself with bleach.”

For some, Mr. Trump’s misfortune was a grim reminder of a virus that does not distinguish between rich and poor, weak and powerful. Some even saw it as a kind of teachable moment for the world’s most powerful man.

In Myanmar, a Baptist minister who met with Mr. Trump in the Oval Office last year and told him about oppression and torture by the military, said this ordeal could help him better understand the pain of others. “Now, he is suffering himself and he should be compassionate for his people,” said the minister, Hkalam Samson.

Britain’s experience shows that even in a country with a well-organized political system, a leader’s sudden illness can be deeply unsettling. When Mr. Johnson contracted the virus in March, the government was adrift for several days while he struggled to keep leading the response to the pandemic, via Zoom calls, from isolation in his official residence on Downing Street.

When Mr. Johnson, 56, was admitted to the hospital and then to intensive care, he deputized the foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, to act in his absence. But that did little to dispel the uncertainty, especially since unlike in the United States, there is no legal line of succession if a prime minister dies in office or is permanently incapacitated.

The government issued upbeat, unrevealing reports of Mr. Johnson’s health, using phrases like “mild symptoms” and “good spirits” — the same terminology deployed by White House officials on Friday. After Mr. Johnson was released from the hospital on Easter Sunday, he disclosed that his condition had been graver than was reported.

Even now, six months later, politicians in Westminster whisper that Mr. Johnson is not fully back in fighting form, though he insisted earlier this week he was as “as fit as a butcher’s dog,” having lost weight since his illness.

In Brazil, Mr. Bolsonaro’s bout with the virus was less serious. He said he suffered only mild fever and body aches before testing positive on July 7. After quarantining on the grounds of the presidential residence in Bras?lia, he pronounced himself recovered on July 25, posting a photo of himself smiling and giving a thumbs up.

Mr. Bolsonaro, 65, who has adopted Mr. Trump’s approach of playing down the virus and promoting miracle cures, appeared to brandish a box of hydroxychloroquine pills, the anti-malaria medicine. Despite claims by Mr. Trump, there is growing scientific consensus that the drug is not effective in treating Covid-19.

In the zero-sum world of geopolitics, Mr. Trump’s setback deepens a political and public-health crisis in a country already consumed by the presidential election. Some analysts said they worried that China, Russia, Iran, North Korea or another adversary would try to exploit the disarray in Washington.

“The unanswerable question is whether any country will be tempted to use this period to advance its own agenda on the assumption that the United States will be too preoccupied to respond,” said Richard N. Haass, the president of the Council on Foreign Relations who served in the George W. Bush administration.

Mr. Trump’s erratic style had already been a recurring source of anxiety abroad. Analysts said the major worry was not about continuity of government — given the depth of contingency planning in the United States — but how the president would react to enforced confinement and the specter of illness.

“This highlights that what has always been destabilizing about Trump’s administration is not really his policies — it is him,” said Jeremy Shapiro, an Obama administration national security official who is now research director at the European Council on Foreign Relations. “In this sense, the worry from foreign governments will likely be its effect on the president’s fragile psyche.”

On a day-to-day basis, however, Mr. Trump’s health problems are not likely to affect relations with most countries. His nuclear negotiations with North Korea are paralyzed anyway. And he has just come off a diplomatic coup with the restoration of relations between Israel and Arab countries in the Persian Gulf.

Mr. Trump’s vilification of China has frozen relations with Beijing. His tensions with the European Union over trade and Iran — on top of the distractions of the pandemic — had limited his contact with leaders like Ms. Merkel. She had rebuffed his invitation to a Group of 7 meeting in May.

G?rard Araud, a former French ambassador to Washington, characterized the news as a “blip" in “the brain of our leaders, who have much more urgent issues to handle.” And Kim Darroch, a former British ambassador to the United States, said, “It’s not like Trump was all that great at consulting anyway.”

Mr. Darroch, who resigned his post last year after British newspapers published private cables in which he was bluntly critical of the Trump administration, said close allies like Britain communicated with the United States regularly through military, diplomatic and intelligence channels.

But that does not mean, he said, that people in Britain and elsewhere were not following the news in the United States with keen interest.

“We all care about this because America is the global superpower,” he said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/polit...ing/index.html

CNN)President Donald Trump's positive coronavirus diagnosis has raised questions about the health of those around him, including members of his cabinet and his Vice President.
    Here is the testing status of family members and senior government officials around him:
    Government officials
    Top Trump aide Hope Hicks

Hope Hicks, one of President Donald Trump's closest aides, tested positive for coronavirus on Thursday.
    Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin
    Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, who has had in-person meetings with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, tested negative on Friday morning, according to a tweet from his spokesperson Monica Crowley. He will continue to be tested daily.
    Vice President Pence and second lady Karen Pence
    Vice President Mike Pence and second lady Karen Pence both tested negative for coronavirus Friday morning, according to the vice president's spokesperson, Devin O'Malley.
    "As has been routine for months, Vice President Pence is tested for COVID-19 every day. This morning, Vice President Pence and the Second Lady tested negative for COVID-19. Vice President Pence remains in good health and wishes the Trumps well in their recovery," O'Malley wrote on Twitter.
    Attorney General William Barr
    Barr tested negative on Friday morning, a Justice Department spokesperson said. He is not experiencing any symptoms and was last in the same room as the President on Saturday.
    Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf
    According to the Department of Homeland Security Deputy Assistant Secretary Chase Jennings, "Acting Secretary Wolf has tested negative three times in the past seven days for COVID-19. He has not been in close contact with President Trump or the First Lady recently." Additionally, he "consulted with the White House physician this week after a DHS employee tested positive for COVID-19 and has been cleared for duty."
    Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar
    Azar told reporters Friday morning he was tested "out of an abundance of caution."
    Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao
    "Secretary Chao has been tested regularly and has tested negative," a Department of Transportation spokesperson told CNN.
    Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe
    The Office of the Director of National Intelligence declined to comment on Ratcliffe's recent interactions with the President, or on any recent briefings.
    Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
    Pompeo told the press pool traveling with him in Dubrovnik, Croatia, that both he and his wife tested negative on Friday morning. He said that he has not been with President Trump since the signing of the Abraham Accords at the White House on September 15, adding he's been traveling for the majority of the past 17 days.
    RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel
    Ronna McDaniel, the chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, has tested positive for coronavirus, an RNC spokesman announced Friday.
    "After a member of her family tested positive for COVID-19, the Chairwoman was tested for the virus. On Wednesday afternoon, she got confirmation she was COVID-19 positive. She has been at her home in Michigan since last Saturday," RNC spokesman Mike Reed said in a statement.
    Campaign manager Bill Stepien, deputy manager Justin Clark and senior adviser Jason Miller
    Stepien learned Friday night that he had tested positive, according to a senior official. Clark's test results were negative. Miller also tested negative, a senior Trump campaign official said.
    Amy Coney Barrett
    Judge Amy Coney Barrett, the President's nominee for the Supreme Court, tested negative for coronavirus on Friday, according to White House spokesman Judd Deere. Barrett, who is tested daily, was last with the President on Saturday, Deere said.
    Barrett was diagnosed with coronavirus late this summer but has recovered, according to three sources familiar with the matter.
    Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency Andrew Wheeler
    According to EPA spokesman James Hewitt, the administrator has had "no recent in-person contact with President Trump, has no symptoms."
    Director of the Central Intelligence Agency Gina Haspel
    The CIA declined to comment on CIA Director Gina Haspel's schedule.
    Secretary of Veterans Affairs Robert Wilkie
    Wilkie tested negative on Wednesday. He is often tested because of his visits to VA hospitals, and he last met with Trump on August 27th, according to VA spokesperson James Hutton.
    White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow
    Kudlow told Fox Business News that he is tested every day and tested negative this morning.
    Secretary of Defense Mark Esper and Gen. Mark Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
    Jonathan Hoffman, Assistant to the Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs, told reporters that Milley tested negative for the virus this morning, and Esper tested negative for the virus earlier this week during his travels and will be tested again today.
    Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross
    A Commerce spokesman says that Ross was tested this morning and is negative.
    Housing and Urban Development Secretary Dr. Ben Carson
    Carson traveled with the vice president yesterday and has tested negative, according to his chief of staff Andrew Hughes.
    Head of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Dr. Robert Redfield
    In a statement, the CDC said that "Dr. Redfield did not have direct, close contact with the President or first lady in the timeframe that would have resulted in an exposure." His most-recent Covid-19 test was Tuesday, and the result was negative.
    Sens. Mike Lee and Thom Tillis
    Republican Sens. Mike Lee of Utah and Thom Tillis of North Carolina separately announced Friday that they'd tested positive. Both are members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, potentially jeopardizing the GOP's hopes of swiftly confirming Barrett if they were both to remain unable to vote in the full Senate through the end of the month.
    Rep. Jim Jordan
    Jordan, one of Trump's closest allies on the Hill, tested negative for Covid-19 on Friday. The Ohio Republican flew on Air Force One this week.
    According to his spokesperson Russell Dye, Jordan "has been advised by his physician that since he was not in close contact with any COVID-19 positive people during a risk time period, he does not have to quarantine."
    Former White House counselor Kellyanne Conway
    Conway said Friday night that she has tested positive, the latest major political figure to say they have Covid-19 after attending the Rose Garden event last Saturday where Trump announced his Supreme Court pick.
    Trump's lawyers
    Rudy Giuliani
    Christiann? Allen, a spokeswoman for Rudy Giuliani, said Friday afternoon that the former New York City mayor and Trump's lawyer tested negative for Covid-19 after taking a test earlier in the day.
    Pat Cipollone
    Pat Cipollone, the White House counsel, tested negative for coronavirus, a senior administration official told CNN.
    Trump family members
    Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner
    Both Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner tested negative for coronavirus Friday morning, a White House official tells CNN.
    Eric and Lara Trump
    Trump's son Eric Trump and his wife, Lara, have tested negative, according to a statement from their spokesperson posted Friday by Lara Trump on her Twitter and Instagram accounts.
    Barron Trump
    The 14-year-old son of Trump and first lady Melania Trump has tested negative for coronavirus, according to Stephanie Grisham, Melania Trump's chief of staff.

"Barron has tested negative and all precautions are being taken to ensure he's kept safe and healthy," Grisham said.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/politi...at-us-capitol/

WASHINGTON (NewsNation Now) — Democrats and Republicans Friday said the news of President Donald Trump’s positive coronavirus test should reinforce the need for more testing at the Capitol.

“We can always do more testing. I think that simply makes good sense. The answer here for everybody is testing, testing, testing,” said Rep. Richard Neal (D-Mass.)

So far, more than a dozen lawmakers have contracted coronavirus. Sen. Mike Lee, a Utah Republican, announced Friday he was positive. Unlike the White House, there is no mandatory testing of staff or members at the Capitol.
    Pres. Trump coronavirus diagnosis: Who else tested positive, who else tested negative?

Congressman Rodney Davis, an Illinois Republican, blamed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for not doing enough testing.

“We’ve got to continue to push the speaker to make the right decision. Let’s implement a testing regime because even the best testing regime in the world at the White House still shows us today that the virus can spread. And we’re not doing enough here to protect the lower wage workers, the folks who work at this campus even when Congress is not in session,” Davis said.

The office of the attending physician at the Capitol said in a statement today that members of Congress who have symptoms or may have been exposed can get tested. Staffers may get tested if they for sure have been exposed to an infected person.

Update Senator Ron Johnson has been tested Positive for COVID-19

https://www.npr.org/sections/latest-...or-coronavirus

Wisconsin Republican Ron Johnson on Saturday became the third U.S. senator to test positive for COVID-19 this week, joining GOP Sens. Mike Lee of Utah and Thom Tillis of North Carolina who also announced their test results.

The development follows a wave of positive coronavirus cases at the White House, where President Trump and several of his campaign and administration officials have tested positive. Many of those individuals, including Lee and Tillis, attended a Rose Garden event a week ago where Trump announced Amy Coney Barrett as his Supreme Court justice nominee. Johnson did not attend that event. At the time, he was under quarantine for exposure to another positive case.

"Senator Johnson feels healthy and is not experiencing symptoms," Ben Voelkel, a spokesman for Johnson, said in a statement. "He will remain isolated until given the all-clear by his doctor."

When that happens, Johnson is slated to return to the Capitol.

The positive tests for the Republican senators raises questions about whether the Senate GOP will have a majority to confirm Barrett's nomination before the Nov. 3 election — a top priority for Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. McConnell has said he will press ahead with the process.

Johnson, the chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, returned last Tuesday to Washington after completing a 14-day quarantine where he had tested negative. However, his office said he was exposed again this week to a new positive case, and resulted positive after testing again on Friday.

Both Johnson and Tillis have said they aren't experiencing any symptoms from the illness. Lee has said he was suffering from allergy-like symptoms, and sought the test soon after. The senators, both members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, have said they plan to leave their quarantines in 10 days — in time for a planned Oct. 12 hearing to confirm Barrett.

McConnell and South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, both said Friday that their accelerated plans to approve Barrett by Election Day are still on track.

"I'm planning to move to the nomination as soon as it comes out of committee," McConnell told reporters in Kentucky.

The effort could reach the Senate floor as early as Thursday, Oct. 22, following the Judiciary hearings.

Every Republican vote will count, as McConnell is facing tight margins to confirm Barrett. Democrats have largely said they are opposed to the process, potentially leaving McConnell with his 53-member majority to move Barrett's nomination forward.

Two Republican senators — Susan Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska — have signaled they will vote no on the confirmation ahead of Election Day. That potentially leaves McConnell with a 51-member majority for the potential vote. However, the Republican Senate is still on track to meet those plans.

With Lee and Tillis expected in time for the confirmation hearings Oct. 12, Johnson could be released soon after if he completes a traditional 14-day quarantine. If so, Johnson would be back at the Capitol well ahead of the vote for Barrett's confirmation.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wis...ve-coronavirus

Sen. Ron Johnson has tested positive for COVID-19, his office announced Saturday – making him the third senator to test positive in recent days.

Wellnessguide2020
    BY WELLNESSGUIDE2020
    Gut Doctor Begs Americans: "Stop Eating This Vegetable"
    One Vegetable That Literally Destroys You From The Inside
    See more

Johnson, R-Wis., was tested Friday after being exposed to someone who has since tested positive for the virus. His office said he feels healthy and is not experiencing symptoms.

RON JOHNSON'S 'BIG IDEA': DON'T STOP INVESTIGATING TRUMP-RUSSIA PROBE 'UNTIL WE HAVE UNCOVERED THE TRUTH'

Johnson returned to Washington on Sept. 29, having been in quarantine for two weeks after being exposed to someone who tested positive earlier in the month. He was exposed shortly after returning to the capital, his office said. He was then tested Friday, which came back positive.

Johnson is the third senator to test positive in two days, since it was announced that President Trump and first lady Melania Trump had tested positive for the virus early Friday. Trump was hospitalized at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center late Friday and has since been given a treatment of Remdesivir.

2020 adviser provides update after Trump diagnosisVideo
    TRUMP WHITE HOUSE, CONGRESS FACING UNCLEAR CORONAVIRUS IMPLICATIONS

Since Trump's positive test, three senators, including Johnson, have tested positive. The other two are Sens. Thom Tillis, R-N.C., and Mike Lee, R-Utah.

Meanwhile, a number of administration and campaign officials, including White House senior adviser Hope Hicks, Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien and Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel, have tested positive.

http://www.wboc.com/story/42715003/c...f-covid19-test

WASHINGTON- Congresswoman Lisa Blunt Rochester (D-Del.) says she is self-isolating while awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test. Meantime, Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) said he has tested negative for the virus.

Blunt Rochester said that after President Donald Trump’s announcement that he and first lady Melania Trump have tested positive for COVID-19 and given her recent travels to Cleveland, Ohio, for Tuesday night's first presidential debate, she was tested for COVID-19 on Friday morning and will be self-isolating as she awaits the results of my test.

"As I await results, I will be maintaining a full schedule and will be continuing to work on behalf of Delawareans while voting by proxy," Blunt Rochester said in a statement. "The President’s positive test should serve as a reminder to all Americans that no one is immune from this virus, that it is very real, and that we must remain vigilant against it. That means wearing a mask, social distancing, and washing our hands frequently. I wish the President and First Lady a full and speedy recovery.”

Coons, who also attended Tuesday's presidential debate, said he was tested again for COVID-19 on Friday morning and the result came back as negative.

"I I continue to pray for the President and the First Lady, for all who have been infected during this pandemic, and for all of our frontline, essential workers," Coons said. "I’m hoping for a swift recovery for President Trump and the First Lady. This is a reminder that all of us are vulnerable to this dangerous virus and should follow public health guidelines about mask wearing, social distancing, and more."

Im Sorry that many politicians getting COVID-19 at the same time would sound like a Conspiracy theory movie if Trump was never President.

In this case Chris Christie just got a COVID-19 Positive test.
    https://www.wspa.com/news/top-storie...onavirus-test/

(NEXSTAR) – Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, who worked closely with Trump administration officials in recent weeks as part of Presidential Debate preparations, confirmed Saturday morning that he is now positive for coronavirus.

“I just received word that I am positive for COVID-19,” Christie tweeted.

It’s not yet clear when Christie became infected, but he is just the latest on a growing list of Trump administration officials and associates testing positive.

Christie was with President Donald Trump Tuesday morning in preparations for the first debate with Joe Biden. Since then both the president, aide Hope Hicks, and counselor Kellyanne Conway have tested positive for coronavirus.

In photos from a White House Rose Garden ceremony last Saturday, Christie, Kellyanne Conway and two GOP senators who have since tested positive can be seen talking in close proximity and even hugging individuals before the introduction of proposed justice Amy Coney Barrett.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ing-covid.html

President Trump’s announcement Friday that he and the first lady, Melania Trump, had tested positive for the coronavirus sent government officials scrambling to determine who else might have been exposed. Two senators who attended a White House event last Saturday said they had tested positive, too, as did Chris Christie, who is advising Mr. Trump’s campaign.

Several people who met with the president this week said they had since tested negative. But it can take days for someone who has been exposed to the virus to develop symptoms or to test positive.

Here is a look at where Mr. Trump traveled and the people with whom he met in the days before his positive test.

Where the President Traveled

Duluth, Minn.

Rally

Minn.

Sept. 30 trip

Shorewood, Minn.

Fund-raiser

Cleveland

Middletown, Pa.

Bedminster, N.J.

Sept. 29 debate

Sept. 26 rally

Oct. 1 event

Pa.

N.J.

Ohio

Washington

Va.

Newport News, Va.

Sept. 25 rally

Atlanta

Campaign event

Ga.

Sept. 25 trip

Fla.

Doral, Fla.

Campaign event

In addition to regular meetings and news conferences at the White House, Mr. Trump attended several large gatherings in the past week, including the first presidential debate in Cleveland and rallies in Pennsylvania and Minnesota. He went ahead with a round table and reception in New Jersey on Thursday after a close aide, Hope Hicks, tested positive for the virus.

Timeline of Events
    Attendees Later tested positive Later tested negative Not known
    Friday, Sept. 25
    11:00 a.m.
    Latinos for Trump event in Doral, Fla.
    3:00 p.m.
    Campaign event in Atlanta

Donald
    J. Trump

Kelly
    Loeffler
    Senator of Georgia

David
    Perdue
    Senator of Georgia

Brian
    Kemp
    Governor of Georgia

Ben
    Carson
    Housing secretary
    Travel to Atlanta and Washington from Florida

Donald
    J. Trump

Jared
    Kushner
    6:30 p.m.
    Fund-raiser at Trump International Hotel in Washington

Donald
    J. Trump

Ronna
    McDaniel
    R.N.C. chairwoman

Todd
    Ricketts
    Republican fund-raiser

Tommy
    Hicks Jr.
    R.N.C. co-chairman
    Evening
    Campaign rally in Newport News, Va.
    Travel to and from Newport News, Va.

Donald
    J. Trump

Hope
    Hicks
    Adviser to Trump

Mike
    Pence

Mark
    Meadows
    White House chief of staff

Dan
    Scavino
    White House deputy chief of staff

Jason
    Miller
    Saturday, Sept. 26
    White House meeting with Amy Coney Barrett
    The president and the first lady met with the judge and her family in the Oval Office before attending a Rose Garden ceremony attended by more than 200 people. Few wore masks or kept socially distant.

Donald
    J. Trump

Melania
    Trump

Chris
    Christie

Thom
    Tillis
    Senator of North Carolina

Mike
    Lee
    Senator of Utah

Amy Coney
    Barrett

Mark
    Meadows

William
    P. Barr
    Attorney general

Alex M.
    Azar II
    Health secretary

Kelly
    Loeffler
    Senator of Georgia

Ben
    Sasse
    Senator of Nebraska

Josh
    Hawley
    Senator of Missouri

Pat A.
    Cipollone
    White House counsel
    5:00 p.m.
    Rose Garden nomination ceremony for Amy Coney Barrett

Donald
    J. Trump

Melania
    Trump

Mike
    Lee
    Senator of Utah

John I.
    Jenkins
    University of Notre Dame president

Kellyanne
    Conway

Thom
    Tillis
    Senator of North Carolina

Chris
    Christie

Amy Coney
    Barrett

William
    P. Barr
    Attorney general

Mike
    Pence

Karen
    Pence

Mark
    Meadows

Ben
    Sasse
    Senator of Nebraska

Kelly
    Loeffler
    Senator of Georgia

Pat A.
    Cipollone
    White House counsel

Tiffany
    Trump

Josh
    Hawley
    Senator of Missouri
    8:00 p.m.
    Campaign rally in Middletown, Pa.
    Thousands of supporters came to the rally near an airport hangar, and many were unmasked. Gov. Tom Wolf of Pennsylvania, a Democrat, said: “It is gravely concerning that the president would insist on holding this event with blatant disregard for social distancing and masking requirements.”

Sunday, Sept. 27
    10:00 a.m.
    Visit to Trump National Golf Club in Potomac Falls, Va.
    Afternoon
    Debate preparations
    Chris Christie, who helped Mr. Trump prepare for the debate, told “Good Morning America” that five or six people were in the room with the president and that no one wore masks.

Donald
    J. Trump

Chris
    Christie

Rudolph W.
    Giuliani
    5:30 p.m.
    News conference at the White House

Donald
    J. Trump

Chris
    Christie

Rudolph W.
    Giuliani

Kayleigh
    McEnany
    White House press secretary
    Evening
    Gold Star families reception
    Scores of attendees sat close together and unmasked at a White House reception in honor of military families and those who have died in service.

Donald
    J. Trump

Melania
    Trump

Mike
    Pence

Karen
    Pence
    Monday, Sept. 28
    11:00 a.m.
    Event with Lordstown Motors on the White House South Lawn

Donald
    J. Trump

Peter
    Navarro
    Trade adviser

Rob
    Portman
    Senator of Ohio

Mike
    Turner
    Representative of Ohio
    3:30 p.m.
    Coronavirus briefing in the White House Rose Garden

Donald
    J. Trump

Mike
    Pence

Alex M.
    Azar II
    Health secretary

Betsy
    DeVos
    Education secretary

Robert
    Ford
    Chief executive of Abbott Laboratories

Tate
    Reeves
    Governor of Mississippi

Brett
    Giroir
    Assistant health secretary
    Tuesday, Sept. 29
    2:30 p.m.
    Flights to and from Cleveland aboard Air Force One

Donald
    J. Trump

Melania
    Trump

Hope
    Hicks
    Adviser to Trump

Bill
    Stepien
    Trump campaign manager

Ivanka
    Trump

Donald
    Trump Jr.

Eric
    Trump

Dan
    Scavino

Jared
    Kushner

Jason
    Miller

Jim
    Jordan
    Representative of Ohio

Lara
    Trump

Mark
    Meadows

Tiffany
    Trump

Kimberly
    Guilfoyle

Robert C.
    O’Brien
    National security adviser

Stephen
    Miller
    9:00 p.m.
    Presidential debate in Cleveland

Donald
    J. Trump

Melania
    Trump

Joseph R.
    Biden Jr.

Jill
    Biden

Rudolph W.
    Giuliani

Lara
    Trump

Ivanka
    Trump

Eric
    Trump

Donald
    Trump Jr.

Mark
    Meadows

Jim
    Jordan
    Representative of Ohio

Chris
    Wallace
    Presidential debate moderator

Tiffany
    Trump

Kimberly
    Guilfoyle
    Wednesday, Sept. 30
    5:30 p.m.
    Fund-raiser in Shorewood, Minn.
    8:30 p.m.
    Rally in Duluth, Minn.
    Thousands of supporters crowded the president’s rally in Duluth, Minn. Mayor Emily Larson said attendees should get tested.

Flights for Minnesota events aboard Air Force One

Donald
    J. Trump

Hope
    Hicks
    Adviser to Trump

Jared
    Kushner

Dan
    Scavino

Kayleigh
    McEnany
    White House press secretary

Stephen
    Miller

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/15/83369...rs-of-congress

Updated on October 3 at 10 a.m. ET

The coronavirus pandemic has upended the daily work of Congress.

Starting in March, House and Senate leaders delayed bringing back members for several weeks as public health guidelines recommended social distancing because of the outbreak.

The Senate returned in May, but the much larger House still stayed mostly away as a result of advice from the attending physician to Congress. That same month, the House approved historic rule changes allowing remote voting and hearings.

The virus has infected more than a dozen lawmakers and forced dozens more to self-quarantine. More than 100 members of their staffs and Capitol Hill workers have tested positive. And it remains an ongoing threat.

Two Republican lawmakers, Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas and Rep. Paul Gosar of Arizona, were the first members of Congress to announce self-quarantines on March 8. Both had attended the Conservative Political Action Conference in National Harbor, Md., a few days earlier. An attendee at the conference had fallen ill, its organizers revealed.

The following week, the first two members of Congress said they tested positive for the coronavirus. Republican Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart of Florida and Democratic Rep. Ben McAdams of Utah both said they developed symptoms after a March 14 vote on a coronavirus relief package.

Since that time, dozens more lawmakers entered self-quarantine as a result of exposure to someone who was sick, including fellow members of Congress, constituents and dignitaries.

And by September, at least 110 Capitol workers have reported a positive test or were presumed so, including 43 members of the U.S. Capitol Police. On July 24, Gary Tibbetts, a longtime staffer for Republican Rep. Vern Buchanan of Florida, died from COVID-19.

And some lawmakers have taken antibody tests to see if they were previously ill. Among them, Democratic Sens. Tim Kaine of Virginia and Bob Casey of Pennsylvania both said they tested positive months after experiencing symptoms in the spring.

To stem the flow of new cases, both chambers have issued new social distancing guidance. Also, the U.S. Capitol remains closed to public tours and open only to members, staff, press and official business visitors.

In late July, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi also issued a new mask mandate after Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, who has often rejected mask protocols, tested positive for the coronavirus. Gohmert had attended several hearings a day before testing and returned to the Capitol following a White House screening that caught his infection.

Gohmert's case triggered quarantines for five House members, including Arizona Democratic Rep. Ra?l Grijalva. Days later, Grijalva tested positive, but fully recovered symptom free.

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/15/83369...rs-of-congress

https://www.fox61.com/article/news/h...1-976edda303e7

CONNECTICUT, USA — In late September, Representative Jahana Hayes announced she tested positive for COVID-19.

FOX61's Matt Caron spoke with the representative on October 2 about her ongoing battle with COVID-19 and her feelings on the nation's response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Rep. Hayes was also asked about schools being reopened.

The first-term Democratic congresswoman represents much of western Connecticut including Danbury, Meriden, New Britain, and most of Waterbury.

President Donald Trump announced on Twitter, the first lady and himself tested positive for COVID-19. Hayes tweeted a response saying she is praying for the president, his family, and staff for negative results and a quick recovery.

Watch the interview below:

I wonder how pmurT is really doing...I've heard conflicting info-he's on oxygen, he's not on oxygen etc. I guess we will never really know.

Even though Trumps an idiot and didn't wear a mask, I feel like I'm going to get it if he did.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I wonder how pmurT is really doing...I've heard conflicting info-he's on oxygen, he's not on oxygen etc. I guess we will never really know.

Even though Trumps an idiot and didn't wear a mask, I feel like I'm going to get it if he did.
    The doc that is saying he isn't doing as well, and has been on O2, that's the doc I'm going with because HE is the doc actually treating Cheeto. The other docs are his personal WH docs, but they are not treating him. Plus, I can guarantee you that they are trying to downplay everything, so if you hear anything bad you know it actually happened, and probably worse, because they are trying to downplay all of it.

There is also some speculation based on his doctor's 'slip up' that he had it for a day before they told the public, and that would mean he went to a rally knowing he had it. He was supposed to come to my area on Friday...I am so glad he didn't come down her and spread it around even more.

I am hoping that his actually shocks some of his followers into wearing a mask so that everyone doesn't get it.

https://fox40.com/news/political-con...ing-very-well/

BETHESDA, Md. (AP) ? President Donald Trump?s doctor on Saturday painted a rosy picture of the president?s health as he remains hospitalized for coronavirus treatment. But that assessment was immediately contradicted by a person familiar with Trump?s condition, who said the president was administered supplemental oxygen on Friday at the White House.

As well, Trump?s chief of staff, Mark Meadows, said the president went through a ?very concerning? period Friday and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care.

The briefing by Navy Commander Dr. Sean Conley and other doctors at Walter Reed Medical Center raised more questions than it answered, as the president?s physician left murky the issue of whether the president needed supplemental oxygen and declined to discuss exactly when he fell ill. Conley, in his briefing, also revealed that Trump began exhibiting ?clinical indications? of COVID-19 on Thursday afternoon, earlier than known.

According to the person familiar with Trump?s condition, Trump was administered oxygen at the White House on Friday before he was transported to the military hospital. The person, who was not authorized to speak publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity,

Conley had said Trump has been fever-free for 24 hours as he updated the nation on the president?s condition from Walter Reed Saturday afternoon. Trump was admitted Friday after testing positive for the coronavirus and has been undergoing treatment.

While Conley said the president is not currently on oxygen, he refused to say whether the president had ever been on oxygen, despite repeated questioning.

?Thursday no oxygen. None at this moment. And yesterday with the team, while we were all here, he was not on oxygen,? he said. He said that Trump?s symptoms, including a cough and nasal congestion ?are now resolving and improving.?

?He?s in exceptionally good spirits,? said another doctor, Sean Dooley.

The administration has consistently been less than transparent about the president?s health as the virus spread inside the White House. Aides had declined to share basic health information about the president, including a full accounting of his symptoms, what tests he?s undertaken and the results. The first word that a close aide to Trump had been infected came from the media, not the White House.

In a memo released shortly before midnight, Conley did report that Trump had been treated at the hospital with remdesivir, an antiviral medication, after taking another experimental drug at the White House. He added that Trump is ?doing very well? and is ?not requiring any supplemental oxygen.?

The White House said Trump was expected to stay at the hospital for ?a few days? out of an abundance of caution and that he would continue to work from the hospital?s presidential suite, which is equipped to allow him to keep up his official duties. In addition to accessibility to tests and equipment, the decision was made, at least in part, with the understanding that moving him later, if he took a turn for the worse, could send a worrying signal.

On Saturday, Conley said Trump?s blood oxygen level is 96%, which is in the normal range. Trump has been treated with two experimental drugs, given through an IV, that have shown some promise against COVID-19. On Friday, he was given a single dose of a drug Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. is testing to supply antibodies to help his immune system fight the virus.

Friday night, he began a five-day course of remdesivir, a Gilead Sciences drug currently used for moderately and severely ill patients. The drugs work in different ways ? the antibodies help the immune system rid the body of virus and remdesivir curbs the virus? ability to multiply. ?We?re maximizing all aspects of his care,? attacking the virus in multiple ways, Conley said. ?I didn?t want to hold anything back if there was any possibility it would add value to his care.?

The White House has said Trump is expected to stay at the hospital for ?a few days? and will continue to work from the hospital?s presidential suite, which is equipped to allow him to keep up his official duties. In addition to accessibility to tests and equipment, the decision was made, at least in part, with the understanding that moving him later, if he took a turn for the worse, could send a worrying signal.

If he dies, I totally expect the RWNJ's to try to pull a Weekend at Bernies, that's how much they want to paint a false picture of what is going on. Virus? Oh not Trump, he's Superman, the virus can't hurt him!

I wonder if my nutzo uncle still thinks COVID is a hoax now. probably.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information