Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trumps positive for COVID-19

Trumps positive for COVID-19

Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...92190680014849Screenshot_2020-10-01 Home Twitter.jpg
    Last edited by puzzld; 10-01-2020 at 09:17 PM. Reason: 19 damn it!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

President Trump and Melania Test Positive for COVID-19

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/01/presi...us-hope-hicks/

President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump have both contracted the coronavirus.

The President broke the news with a tweet, saying ... "Tonight @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER."

The alarming news comes hours after we learned one of the President's aides, Hope Hicks, had tested positive. Hope had been traveling on Air Force One all week with POTUS ... going to and from the President debate in Cleveland ... and also to his rally in Minnesota.

There's no good time to contract the virus, but it comes at a particularly critical time for the President ... less than 5 weeks before Election Day.

So far, the administration is saying the Prez and Melania will remain in their White House residence while they quarantine. It's unclear right how long that will last, but typically doctors recommend 14 days.

Story developing ...

I didn't even have to blow out alllll the candles on my birthday cake!
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    See, nowwwww this dog shit motherfucker and his shitass family are "all in this together", but this is a hoax, remember?

So the biggest con man on the planet tested positive for a disease that is a democrat hoax?

Serves this motherfucker right. I hope he suffers, hard. I hope he's left with serious, and i mean serious recurring issues in the wake of it, too.

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving piece of shit. You don't want to follow the guidelines of the experts in infectious disease, then fuck you AND the horse you rode in on.

I'd be wrong if I said those things in hopes it would make him a better person, but tigers can't change their stripes. The people who voted for him are some of the legit dumbest most clueless and heartless sacks of dog shit on this fucking planet, and idgaf if you disagree, the proof is right in front of your eyes. The man gives net zero fucks about anyone but himself and his family.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

So since this is a made up Democrat hoax, does that mean he and his family are having joint hallucinations that they are sick??? There must be something wrong with him then, some kind of horrible dementia...he's way too old and sick to be President.

Oh, this is just great!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Just had a thought, maybe this is his way of avoiding the upcoming debates since he didn't agree to their planned rule changes that will keep him from stepping on and interrupting Biden and the moderator.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/02/ronna-...-for-covid-19/

Here is a new update the chairperson of the RNC has been tested positive for COVID-19

Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna Romney McDaniel on Friday announced that she tested positive for COVID-19 — revealing her illness after President Trump contracted the virus.

McDaniel, 47, reportedly was with Trump most recently last Friday.

“After a member of her family tested positive for COVID-19, the Chairwoman was tested for the virus. On Wednesday afternoon, she got confirmation she was COVID-19 positive. She has been at her home in Michigan since last Saturday,” the RNC said in a statement.

Trump, 74, issued an after-midnight tweet early Friday announcing that he and the first lady were positive for the illness.

The president tweeted: “Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!”

Trump’s close aide Hope Hicks tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday after developing symptoms during a relatively brisk 46-minute Trump campaign rally in Duluth, Minnesota, on Wednesday night.

Various other White House aides close to Hicks tested negative on Friday, including Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump and White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows.

McDaniel is a niece of Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) and took the helm at the RNC in 2017 after a stint as chairwoman of the Michigan Republican Party. Trump often remarks fondly on her encouragement that he visit the state for more campaign rallies in 2016 before his upset victory there.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/media...vid/index.html

Turns out Trump is out of 3 people reported positive for COVID-19 so far.

"She did test positive. I just heard about this. She tested positive," Trump said.
    He didn't elaborate on when he heard, but he made it sound like late-breaking news, and if true — and perhaps even more if not true — that impression he gave is relevant to the timeline of Covid-19's spread within Trump's inner circle.
    "She is a hard worker," Trump said, "a lot of masks, she wears masks a lot. But she tested positive."
    Trump may not have intended this, but his use of the word "but" — saying Hicks frequently wore a mask "but she tested positive" — is in line with his long-expressed skepticism about masks. It is also, as he should know, contrary to the point of wearing a mask, which is primarily to protect an infected wearer from spreading the virus to others.

Then, in the call with Hannity, Trump volunteered some information about his own health: "I just went out with the test, I'll see, 'cause, you know, we spend a lot of time — and the first lady just went out with a test also." He seemed to be acknowledging close contact with Hicks. "So whether we quarantine, or whether we have it, I don't know," he said.
    His tweet announcing that he and his wife had both tested positive came just three hours later.
    On the phone with Hannity, Trump then laid out something amounting to a defense of Hicks and any other White House aide who tests positive for the coronavirus: "You know, it's very hard — when you're with soldiers, when you're with airmen, when you're with the Marines, and the police officers — I'm with them so much. And when they come over to you, it's very hard to say, 'Stay back, stay back.'"
    He laughed a little bit. "It's a tough kind of a situation," he said, "it's a terrible thing. So I just went for a test, and we will see what happens. I mean, who knows." That's a default statement of Trump's — "we will see what happens" — that he sometimes just uses to fill the space between sentences.
    "You know Hope very well, she is fantastic," Trump continued, "and she has done a great job. But it is very, very hard when you are with people from the military, or from law enforcement, and they come over to you and they want to hug you and kiss you because we really have done a good job for them. You get close, and things happen."
    Trump's comments were interpreted by some listeners as assigning blame. "Yes," CNN anchor Brianna Keilar wrote on Twitter, "the president is pointing the finger at the military and law enforcement as the people from whom Hope Hicks likely contracted coronavirus."
    Trump circled back around to this explanation, really an excuse for defying social distancing guidelines, a third time: "You have to treat our people great. You can't say 'Stay away, stay away.' They come up to you, they have such love with what we've done for them. There's such love. You have to treat our people great."
    Then Trump began to answer a question from Hannity about vaccines and therapeutics. Trump generically said that "I think the vaccines are coming quickly," and then he baselessly suggested that some drug companies don't want to provide a vaccine until after the election for political reasons.

Trump concluded by saying again that he was awaiting his test result: "I will get my test back either tonight or tomorrow morning, but I spend a lot of time with Hope and so does the first lady, and she's tremendous." He said "I was a little surprised" when Hicks tested positive, and again justified her socialization: "She is a very warm person, she has a hard time — when soldiers and law enforcement come up to her, you know, she wants to treat them great, not say 'Stay away, I can't get near you.' It's a very, very tough disease."
    There was a note of resignation in his voice as he said "it's a very, very tough disease."
    Hannity then steered the conversation to much happier territory for Trump: the boogeyman of voter fraud.
    At 1:01 a.m. ET, an overnight Fox News anchor interrupted a rebroadcast of Hannity's show with breaking news: The president had the virus.

I thought all people had to be tested before they were around the president as a precaution?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I thought all people had to be tested before they were around the president as a precaution?
    As I understand it, they do. But you can be carrying the Trump virus and able to spread it, and still test negative for some unknown period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    https://nypost.com/2020/10/02/ronna-...-for-covid-19/

Here is a new update the chairperson of the RNC has been tested positive for COVID-19
    Ronna got the Rona

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    As I understand it, they do. But you can be carrying the Trump virus and able to spread it, and still test negative for some unknown period of time.

Yep. It's his virus. Own it, asshole!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Darwin and Karma coming through for me like a BOSS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post

Yep. It's his virus. Own it, asshole!
    Yeah. It's definitely his pandemic. He didn't cause the first cases, but he and his administration have bungled every step they might have taken to stop the spread and they and their evil minions continue to make this worse than it needed to be. SD had 747 cases yesterday and 16 deaths. For a state with as few people as we have and as much ability to distance? That's appalling. But Trumps little henchling Kristi Noem has done everything she can to make sure things spread, 4th of July, Sturgis, State Fair, School reopenings.

She was smart in March and shut schools down, but then the orange devil started whispering in her ears and we see the results.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Yeah. It's definitely his pandemic. He didn't cause the first cases, but he and his administration have bungled every step they might have taken to stop the spread and they and their evil minions continue to make this worse than it needed to be. SD had 747 cases yesterday and 16 deaths. For a state with as few people as we have and as much ability to distance? That's appalling. But Trumps little henchling Kristi Noem has done everything she can to make sure things spread, 4th of July, Sturgis, State Fair, School reopenings.

She was smart in March and shut schools down, but then the orange devil started whispering in her ears and we see the results.
    DeSantis wants so bad to get Donnie Boy's approval. He's opening everything up here in Florida. I expect a huge surge of cases and deaths to start in the next couple of weeks....although it's not like we were ever low, we'll just go sky high again.

I am sure that the Republicans will be calling out people for 'being happy' that Trump is sick, but the way I see it he's just getting back a tiny bit of what he forced on everyone else. To top that off, we'll get to pay for the best health care in the world for him, while many people had to deal with this without insurance or still pay huge bills even if they had insurance. So many people have lost their lives, and he had no real compassion for them. In fact he looked at them as hoaxers and weak, and these people's family and friends just had to put up with his snide comments and outright virus denial. So yeah, it's hard to feel sorry for him or Melania, and if he had done his job earlier and shut things down for real instead of playing at it half-heartedly, and made people wear masks, we would now be in a better situation in the economy and he might not be sick this far into this pandemic.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...e-covid-425172

Update Senator Mike Lee has been tested positive for COVID-19. Yes the thread has been hijhacked again to include congressional supporters of Trump getting COVID-19.

Sen. Mike Lee announced Friday he had tested positive for coronavirus and will quarantine for 10 days.

The Utah Republican is an integral member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is considering the Supreme Court nomination of Amy Coney Barrett. Lee was at her announcement on Saturday at the White House and met with Barrett on Tuesday. He also spoke to reporters after his meeting with Barrett and attended committee meetings and party lunches.

Lee said he began experiencing symptoms similar to allergies on Thursday, but sought medical advice and was tested for the virus. He found out he was positive on Thursday.

Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) is scheduled to begin hearings for Barrett on Oct. 12, with Republicans planning a committee vote on the nomination on Oct. 22. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Friday that the confirmation process was moving “full steam ahead” despite the possible coronavirus outbreak in the White House.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Judiciary Committee ranking member Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) called for a re-evaluation of that plan in light of Lee's diagnosis: "Health and safety must guide the schedule for all Senate activities, including hearings."

Lee, however, said he expected to be able to provide support for Barrett in the committee.

"I have spoken with Leader McConnell and Chairman Graham, and assured them I will be back to work in time to join my Judiciary Committee colleagues in advancing the Supreme Court nomination," Lee said in a statement.

Lee's bodyman, an aide who spends the most time in physical proximity to Lee, tested negative, according to his office.

Lee joins Sens. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and Bill Cassidy (R-La.) in testing positive. Sens. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) and Bob Casey (D-Pa.) also tested positive for antibodies to the disease.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ic/5786533002/
    Now a fact check just came out on how many politicians have been tested positive for COVID-19 or died or resigned.

The claim: No politicians have died or resigned due to COVID-19, or had their businesses looted
    The nationwide death toll from the COVID-19 pandemic has reached over 200,000 and has affected many public figures, including celebrities, athletes and politicians. But a viral meme circulating on social media claims otherwise.

“Not one politician has died from the virus, lost their job, or had their business looted,” reads a Sept. 7 Facebook meme which features a photo of actor Tommy Lee Jones. “Y’all know you’re being played right?”

USA TODAY reached out to the user for comment.

The meme was also shared by conservative news personality Ben Swann and was removed shortly after being contacted for comment. Samuel Eaton, spokesperson for Swann, told USA TODAY in an email that the meme shared has since been deleted.

However, the post had already been shared thousands of times and been reposted by other users across Facebook before being deleted.

U.S. politicians have died from the coronavirus
    According to Ballotpedia, a nonprofit, nonpartisan website tracking deaths and diagnoses for politicians, eight politicians have died from COVID-19.

Among those is former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain, who died in late July after a battle with coronavirus

"Herman was 74. Although he was basically pretty healthy in recent years, he was still in a high-risk group because of his history with cancer," wrote Dan Calabrese, editor of Cain’s website.

Other politicians who have died from COVID-19 include South Dakota state Rep. Bob Glanzer and Louisiana state Rep. Reggie Bagala.

Michigan state Rep. Isaac Robinson died at 44 in March of a suspected coronavirus infection. He had not been tested for the virus, however, his mother said he had difficulty breathing days before his death and resisted medical attention.

Local politicians have also died due to COVID-19, including Jersey City, New Jersey, Councilman Michael Yun and St. Paul, Minnesota, Board of Education Chairwoman Marny Xiong.

Politicians who have resigned due to COVID-19
    Several politicians have lost their jobs amid the COVID-19 pandemic, and it has been reported that at least one politician has had his office looted.

Phil Hogan, the European Union's top trade commissioner, recently resigned after breaching Ireland’s COVID-19 restrictions when he attended a golf event with 80 people, CNN reported.

David Clark resigned from his position as New Zealand’s health minister in July after breaching his own lockdown rules and receiving criticism on the government’s response to the coronavirus, according to BBC.

Dara Calleary stepped down as agriculture minister of Ireland after attending a dinner that included more than 80 guests, The Guardian reported. In Ireland, it is an offense to hold an event with more than 50 people under COVID-19 regulations.

The Associated Press reported that state and local government health officials in the U.S. have quit or been fired over disagreements on how to handle the pandemic.

And while the meme claims that not one politician had a business looted following the death of George Floyd, it has been reported that is the case for at least one politician.

Pennsylvania state Rep. Brendan Boyle wrote on Twitter in June that his district office in Philadelphia was broken into.

Our ruling: False
    The claim that not one politician has died from coronavirus, lost their job, or had their business looted is FALSE, based on our research. State and local politicians have died from the virus, and politicians globally have resigned amid the pandemic as well as public health officials in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post

I am sure that the Republicans will be calling out people for 'being happy' that Trump is sick, but the way I see it he's just getting back a tiny bit of what he forced on everyone else.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewals.../#464d4ad08fdd

TOPLINE President Trump speculated during a Thursday night interview with Sean Hannity that police officers and members of the military may have exposed key campaign advisor Hope Hicks to the coronavirus, just hours before the president confirmed that he and the first lady tested positive for the virus.

During a phone interview on Hannity?s Fox News show shortly after Hicks tested positive, Trump claimed military service members and police officers often ?want to hug you, and they want to kiss you, because we really have done a good job for them.?

Trump claimed Hicks often wears a mask but is still a ?very warm person? with police and military, and said when police and military personnel approach his staff, ?you can?t just say ?stay away, stay away.??

Trump did not explain why he believes Hicks? interactions with the police and military are connected to her coronavirus diagnosis, or whether he thinks they are to blame (the Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment).

He also seemingly downplayed the risk of Covid-19 to Hicks? health, noting ?she knows there?s a risk, but she?s young.?

CRUCIAL QUOTE
    ?It?s very, very hard when you are with people from the military or law enforcement, and they come over to you, and they want to hug you, and they want to kiss you, because we really have done a good job for them. And you get close and things happen,? Trump told Hannity. ?I was surprised to hear with Hope, but she?s a very warm person with them.?

Hicks reportedly tested positive for the virus on Thursday after noticing Covid-19 symptoms one day prior. A close advisor of Trump?s, Hicks flew on Air Force 1 with the president to Tuesday night?s debate and a Wednesday evening rally in Minnesota. Three hours after his Fox News appearance, Trump tweeted that he and first lady Melania Trump tested positive and will begin quarantining.

TANGENT
    Even after the virus reached Hicks, Trump continued underplaying the risk of Covid-19 on Thursday, a persistent theme since the pandemic started. He insisted at Thursday night?s Al Smith Dinner that the pandemic?s end was ?in sight,? and he attended a campaign fundraiser in New Jersey even though he was already aware that he was exposed to the virus through Hicks. After the president tested positive, however, the White House cleared all in-person events from his schedule, and he announced that he and his wife plan on quarantining.

Trump Implied Hope Hicks Might Have Caught Covid-19 From Military, Police

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-a...CNM-00-10aba5f

President Trump's counselor and confidant Hope Hicks has tested positive for COVID-19, after two days traveling with him to Ohio and Minnesota. Just hours later, Mr. Trump announced in a tweet that he and first lady Melania Trump had also tested positive for COVID-19.

Earlier on Thursday Mr. Trump had said that he and the first lady would "begin our quarantine process" while they waited for their own test results. The White House physician confirmed in an official memo that the president and first lady tested positive for the virus, but officials have told CBS News both are feeling well.

Hicks was photographed without a mask after Air Force One landed in Cleveland for the presidential debate, and she also traveled with the president aboard Marine One and Air Force One en route to Minnesota Wednesday. Bloomberg first reported Hicks' positive test.
    Hicks tested negative for COVID-19 on Wednesday morning, which is why she boarded Air Force One, according to a senior administration official. But she then developed symptoms some time during the day and took a second test that came back positive.
    In an interview with Fox News on Thursday night, hours before his own diagnosis was confirmed, Mr. Trump said he had "just heard about" Hicks' having the virus.

The president remarked in the interview that Hicks "wears a lot of masks."

The Centers for Disease Control recommends that anyone who comes into contact with a positive person self-isolate for 14 days.

People close to the president are tested regularly, but the CDC recommends mask-wearing and social distancing when possible. The White House has often bucked that guidance. Top White House staff frequently do not wear masks while working together in close quarters.

Mr. Trump, at 74 years of age and with at least one underlying condition, is by definition at a higher risk for complications from the virus.

Few who work in the White House are closer to the president than Hicks, who has been by his side since the early days of his campaign, with the exception of a two-year stint at Fox Corporation in Los Angeles. Hicks returned to the White House earlier this year. She is one of the president's most trusted advisers.

Hicks also traveled this week with Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump, senior adviser Dan Scavino, national security adviser Robert O'Brien, Ohio Congressman Jim Jordan, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, Trump campaign aide Jason Miller, Trump campaign chairman Bill Stepien and Trump counselor Derek Lyons.
    Here is the sparking point of how the White House this time got COVID-19 its the handling of Hope Hick's COVID-19 results that later lead to Trump and some of his allies getting COVID-19.

Thread Information