Thread: Betty Baxter Simmons (75) missing from Humboldt County, CA since 9/5/2020

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

Betty Baxter Simmons (75) missing from Humboldt County, CA since 9/5/2020

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...n-15606948.php

Humboldt County sheriff?s deputies are investigating the disappearance of a Berkeley woman whose car was found abandoned on a remote logging road.

A timber company employee found the vehicle on Snow Camp Road near Korbel on Sept. 24, the sheriff?s office stated in a news release. On its windshield was a note with instructions to ?Tow to Berkeley.? There was no sign of the car?s owner, 75-year-old Betty Baxter Simmons.

Deputies investigating the incident found Simmons? personal belongings inside the vehicle. They suspect the car became stuck while trying to turn around at a locked gate and may have been left there for ?some time.?

Simmons reportedly was last seen around Sept. 5. According to deputies, she told a Berkeley neighbor at the time that she was planning a short trip. The neighbor told officers she had not returned.

Simmons is approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall, 156 pounds, with gray hair and hazel eyes.

Anyone with information about Simmons? whereabouts is requested to call the Humboldt County Sheriff?s Office at (707) 445-7251 or the Sheriff?s Office Crime Tip line at (707) 268-2539.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Hmmmm......
    Usually logging roads with items left in the car screams suicide. However it's interesting that the car got stuck. That points to getting out to try to find help. I can't help but wonder what she was doing on a logging road in the first place though unless there was a remote cabin or something up there.

I'm sadly going to guess suicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Hmmmm......
    Usually logging roads with items left in the car screams suicide. However it's interesting that the car got stuck. That points to getting out to try to find help. I can't help but wonder what she was doing on a logging road in the first place though unless there was a remote cabin or something up there.

I'm sadly going to guess suicide.
    My first thought was someone offered her a ride, so she left a note on the car hoping it would be towed back home.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

I'm guessing she got lost. Maybe didn't know how far she was from any place populated and thought she could just walk to a close gas station or home. The article doesn't say what personal belongings were found. If she had a shirt trip planned maybe she left her suitcase in there but took her purse?

I'm thinking that, too. That she got lost.
    The note is odd, though. Like she knew she wouldn't be coming back?

https://www.berkeleyside.com/2020/10...ar-in-humboldt

Humboldt County authorities have found human remains not far from the abandoned vehicle of Berkeley artist and musician Beebee Simmons, who has been missing for nearly a month.

Betty Baxter Simmons, who goes by the names “Beebee” or “BB,” was reportedly last seen outside her West Berkeley apartment in early September several days before Labor Day. On Sept. 24, authorities found her silver Toyota Prius abandoned on a Northern California logging road called Snow Camp Road. It “may have been stuck there for some time,” the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office said in a prepared statement last week.

On Friday, authorities recovered partial human remains from the Snow Camp Road area and alerted Simmons’ family due to their proximity to her abandoned Prius, Samantha Karges, spokeswoman for the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office, told Berkeleyside on Saturday. A timber company employee had called authorities Friday just before 10:50 a.m. to report the discovery.

“We can’t officially confirm that these remains belong to Simmons until we conduct DNA testing,” said Karges. “There is currently no evidence that a crime has been committed and foul play is not suspected. However, it is too soon to rule anything out. A forensic examination of the remains will hopefully tell us more.”

Wendy Simmons-Taylor, Simmons’ half-sister, told Berkeleyside the remains that were found included only a few bones, a skull and dentures. She said she had been told her Simmons’ purse and license were also in the area, however. Additional search efforts were scheduled to take place Monday, Simmons-Taylor said.

The circumstances of Simmons’ disappearance remain a mystery. But authorities said previously that they found directions to a Trinity County Buddhist temple called Chagdud Gonpa Rigdzin Ling inside her car. Last week, Berkeleyside spoke with members of the temple who could find no obvious record that Simmons had ever been there.

On Saturday, one member of the temple said he had learned since speaking with Berkeleyside last week that Simmons had, in fact, visited at least once in the past for meditation and a Dharma talk. But she had not been there recently.

Several of Simmons’ friends have contacted Berkeleyside to share information about her this week. Sandra Green described Simmons as “a talented and passionate artist with whom one could connect in her long-cultivated cultural, musical, and spiritual endeavors. She trained and contributed to the humane arts in a time when many of her generation (though certainly not for all), flourished… in the better economic and social conditions that afforded opportunities to spend time among gifted others: to explore, seize and make one’s own many bodies of knowledge.”

Simmons had been a frequent visitor to a longstanding folk music jam session at a Berkeley home on Shasta Road, said local resident Steve Taylor, who also went to the jams.

Would it only take a month for the body to just be bones? That is crazy.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Would it only take a month for the body to just be bones? That is crazy.
    Out here in Florida that isn't unusual. You guys have had really high temps lately, right?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Out here in Florida that isn't unusual. You guys have had really high temps lately, right?
    Yep. I assume a lot of people have....it's crazy that it's October and in the 90's!

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Yep. I assume a lot of people have....it's crazy that it's October and in the 90's!
    Wow, I knew you guys were hot but didn't realize it was that hot. We're in the 70's out here already.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Wow, I knew you guys were hot but didn't realize it was that hot. We're in the 70's out here already.
    It's supposed to be in the 90's the next few days, and by Friday it's supposed to be in the 70's and possible rain. That's Sac for ya.

Thread Information