Thread: Dayton PD: Moeller graduate Michael Currin (Michael Currin, 19) died after falling from a moving truck

Dayton PD: Moeller graduate Michael Currin (Michael Currin, 19) died after falling from a moving truck

https://www.instagram.com/michael.currinn/

https://www.gofundme.com/f/keep-going-25

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...a-moving-truck

DAYTON, Ohio ? A Moeller High School graduate died Monday after he fell from the bed of a moving pickup truck early Sunday morning, according to the Dayton Police Department.

Michael Currin, 19, was walking from the University of Dayton campus to pick up a pizza at a restaurant on Wayne Avenue when he accepted a ride from a driver in a pickup, police said.

Currin sat in the bed of the truck, not inside. About one mile into the trip, Currin fell from the bed and injured his head, police said. The driver of the pickup did not stop.

A woman who was driving through the area found Currin at about 3:30 a.m. and called 911, according to a police report.

First responders transported Currin to Miami Valley Hospital. He died on Monday.

Members of the Moeller High School community remembered Currin for his "amazing" faith and character. By 6 p.m. Wednesday, the community had raised more than $50,000 for the Currin family.

Authorities are interviewing the people who were in the pickup truck when Currin was injured. They have also obtained a search warrant for the pickup.

The case remains under investigation.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 09-28-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/michael.currinn/

https://www.gofundme.com/f/keep-going-25

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...a-moving-truck

DAYTON, Ohio ? A Moeller High School graduate died Monday after he fell from the bed of a moving pickup truck early Sunday morning, according to the Dayton Police Department.

Michael Currin, 19, was walking from the University of Dayton campus to pick up a pizza at a restaurant on Wayne Avenue when he accepted a ride from a driver in a pickup, police said.

Currin sat in the bed of the truck, not inside. About one mile into the trip, Currin fell from the bed and injured his head, police said. The driver of the pickup did not stop.

A woman who was driving through the area found Currin at about 3:30 a.m. and called 911, according to a police report.

First responders transported Currin to Miami Valley Hospital. He died on Monday.

Members of the Moeller High School community remembered Currin for his "amazing" faith and character. By 6 p.m. Wednesday, the community had raised more than $50,000 for the Currin family.

Authorities are interviewing the people who were in the pickup truck when Currin was injured. They have also obtained a search warrant for the pickup.

The case remains under investigation.
    I'm confused, the fundraiser is for a reward leading to information about the driver of the pick-up. But it sounds like they know who it is.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I'm confused, the fundraiser is for a reward leading to information about the driver of the pick-up. But it sounds like they know who it is.
    Maybe the guy driving was not the owner of the vehicle?

Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Kim,

The part that made me suspicious was:

The driver may have been driving crazy by swerving or hitting bumps on purpose to make him fall as a prank. He probably thought it would be funny. I think the reward money is to entice others who know something to come forward. Did you see him (the driver) around the time of the accident? Was he drunk or high? Who were the people in the truck with him?

Since he was a college freshman, I also thought of a fraternity initiation gone bad.

I used to work with someone whose child was injured by riding in a truck bed. A bunch of teenagers were having fun, instead of being safe, and hitting bumps, etc. I think the purpose was to see who couldn't hold on. They weren't going fast but the driver still managed to go a little too far off the road and probably over-corrected. My co-worker's son received a serious head injury and was never the same. He could barely walk (crippled) and his mentally capacity dropped to that of an infant. I seem to rmember that some girl died. He had to be about 6'3" or taller. When she would bring him to visit, I would worry he would fall over because he walked like he had ceberal palsy. If you looked in his eyes, he looked as if no one was home. She refused to put him in a facility. I think he was her only child. She would talk to him the same as always; although, I don't think he understood a word of it.

For both their sakes, I wished that it had never happened.

You're probably right, NicB/U2T. Good Lord, I've been having a fit seeing all the dogs in the backs of pick-ups in the Rectangle States, people are definitely out of the question.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I guess I assumed the wrong thing.
    I assumed he was standing up as the guy was driving.
    I've heard about a few idiots in my area car surfing.
    The not stopping is suspicious.
    I hope they catch the guy and get the full story.
    His family deserves answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Thread Information