Thread: No freedom of speech on facebook. None!

No freedom of speech on facebook. None!

Last edited by S281Saleen160; 09-26-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Not sure what you're posting, but you probably need one of those uncensored social media accounts. I don't remember the names, but I think one starts with V and one with P. I know that doesn't help, but...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Not sure what you're posting, but you probably need one of those uncensored social media accounts. I don't remember the names, but I think one starts with V and one with P. I know that doesn't help, but...
    These are screenshots of the warnings facebook sends me. Each month they kick me out bcz I said something they didn't like or bcz I posted a photo or meme of something they didn't like. My facebook has a warning on it. They have to be tired of me, they deleted my acct 4 times but I keep coming back. Kinda like mds LOL.

Delete Your Facebook account permanently if you don't like the way things are going.

If they are banning you for posting certain things, why do you continue to post them?

Let me guess, one of the pics you posted was you with a gun?

Who are the kids in the profile pic with you?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

People don't realize that freedom of speech doesn't apply in businesses. They can tell you what you can and can't do if you want to continue doing business with them. If you don't like it, don't do business with a company that you don't agree with. It's very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    People don't realize that freedom of speech doesn't apply in businesses. They can tell you what you can and can't do if you want to continue doing business with them. If you don't like it, don't do business with a company that you don't agree with. It's very simple.
    Yeah. I'm in a facebook group about Animal Crossing and facebook has dinged the group for posts containing the words "weeds" "mushrooms" and "hybrids" so yeah. The whole group of us have learned to say w33ds... I guess Sal... should maybe learn to moderate his speech lest he mars his fortune.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    If they are banning you for posting certain things, why do you continue to post them?

Let me guess, one of the pics you posted was you with a gun?

Who are the kids in the profile pic with you?
    It's hard to tell how they feel about certain things, it seems one day its ok then the next day its not ok.

No, it was a photo of a 50 rd clip I bought. I posted a video of me at the range.....that was ok. But the photo wasn't ok. Makes no sense!

Those are my two nephews Kayden and Nikko.

I never thought of it that way, facebook being a business. To me its just an entertainment app on my phone. Freedom of speech doesn't apply here on mds either bcz you kick people out if you don't like what they said. I come back here for the same reason, its entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Yeah. I'm in a facebook group about Animal Crossing and facebook has dinged the group for posts containing the words "weeds" "mushrooms" and "hybrids" so yeah. The whole group of us have learned to say w33ds... I guess Sal... should maybe learn to moderate his speech lest he mars his fortune.
    My name isn't Sal. Lmfaooooo.

Correct. All of our freedoms - speech, religion, press, etc. - only apply to government interference in those freedoms. The government can't suppress your ideas, the government can't tell you who/how to worship, the government can't tell the NY Times what to print.

That being said, FB is very arbitrary in what is and isn't acceptable. A photo of the clip is unacceptable, but a video of you actually using the clip is fine - makes no sense. I suspect you have a jackhole of a "friend" on your FB account who is reporting your posts. Clean house.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Correct. All of our freedoms - speech, religion, press, etc. - only apply to government interference in those freedoms. The government can't suppress your ideas, the government can't tell you who/how to worship, the government can't tell the NY Times what to print.

That being said, FB is very arbitrary in what is and isn't acceptable. A photo of the clip is unacceptable, but a video of you actually using the clip is fine - makes no sense. I suspect you have a jackhole of a "friend" on your FB account who is reporting your posts. Clean house.
    I dont think so, for the past 15 yrs or so I only have about 37 ppl on there, all family and people I kno personally. Its def someone working at facebook.

Another example is I posted a photo of Rihanna and her nipples were showing thru her shirt, it was flagged as nudity and I got kicked out for a month. Then I posted a photo of Jennifer Aniston and her nipples were showing, facebook didnt have a problem with that.

A jackhole? Lmfaoooo. I never heard that one before! I like it. I learn new shit on mds. The last new word I learned on mds was asshat. Lol

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    I got the banhammer for calling someone white trash in a few of my posts.

Hate speech, I guess.

Can't even get away with it when their post shows how racist and ignorant they are. They can post lies, inuendos, and total bullshit, but you mention that they're "white trash" and all of a
    sudden that's considered "hate speech."
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    I got the banhammer for calling someone white trash in a few of my posts.

Hate speech, I guess.

Can't even get away with it when their post shows how racist and ignorant they are. They can post lies, inuendos, and total bullshit, but you mention that they're "white trash" and all of a
    sudden that's considered "hate speech."
    I've said white trash before, many times, but they didn't kick me out for it. When that bomb went off in Beruit last month I said the ragheads are blowin shit up again, I got kicked out for that.

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    I've said white trash before, many times, but they didn't kick me out for it. When that bomb went off in Beruit last month I said the ragheads are blowin shit up again, I got kicked out for that.
    Gee I wonder why

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    You have to know you can't say raghead on fb. You can't be that dumb.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    You have to know you can't say raghead on fb. You can't be that dumb.
    We should be able to say whatever we want, there was a time when this was true.

Thread Information