Thread: Bronx basketball star Terrell Wigfall (24) dead after Hell's Kitchen stabbing

Bronx basketball star Terrell Wigfall (24) dead after Hell's Kitchen stabbing

https://www.facebook.com/terrell.wigfall.75

https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/bronx-...chen-stabbing/

A promising basketball player died weeks after he was stabbed during an August fight on a Hell's Kitchen street, according to cops.

Terrell Wigfall, 24, was stabbed in the chest at the corner of 11th Avenue and West 54th Street just after 10 p.m. Aug. 22, police said Thursday morning.

Wigfall ' who lived about half a mile from the scene ' was rushed to Mount Sinai West Hospital, where he died of his injuries Sept. 16, according to cops.

The case has since been ruled a homicide. The circumstances of the violent squabble were unclear Thursday morning.

Wigfall was the leading scorer for the Bronx Community College basketball team, the Bronx Broncos, according to a 2018 update on the team's website.

'Terrell Wigfall scored a total of 49 points in the two games the Broncos played during the week that ended January 7, 2018,' the team said. 'At the free throw line he made 16 out of 18 free throws attempted. Terrell Wigfall had 15 rebounds, 11 assists, 7 steals and 5 turnovers.'

It's unclear how long he played for the team, but his name was not listed on the 2019-2020 roster, the most recent available online.

A spokesman for the college declined to comment Thursday.

Wigfall's mom,Tawanda Glover, said her son was studying criminal justice at Bronx Community College, where he was a junior, and he planned to transfer to Hostos Community College.

Wigfall has a 10-month-old daughter, as well as two brothers and two sisters ' one of whom stood with her mother as she spoke with reporters in the hallway of her building Thursday morning.

'That says a lot about him,' Glover said as she glanced at a photo of her son in his Bronx Broncos jersey. 'He was doing what he loved to do.'

She called her son 'a humble guy.'

'Humble, energetic, respectable kid,' Glover said. 'He'll help anybody. When you raise your kids with respect, everything else falls in line. I teach all my kids that ' respect. He was a good guy. He wasn't the type of kid that was in the street, starting fights. He wasn't in a gang.'

Wigfall lived with his mother, and she saw him the day of the attack, she said.

'We're hanging in there,' she said. 'This is terrible, terrible. I am angry. For kids to do such things ' for things like this to happen ' as parents we have to instill in our kids the correct way to conduct themselves. Unfortunately you will have kids that are connected to the wrong thing and the wrong group that want to be in the street gang-banging, violence. It's just very sad that I lost my son to violence.'

She said she still doesn't know exactly what happened.

'In a situation such as this, there are many stories, so til this day, I don't have the correct story,' Glover said. 'There is an investigation.'

Jimmy Moposita, 57, a Bronx resident who often visits the building, where his parents live, said he knew Wigfall and the family.

'I remember him from a little boy,' Moposita said. 'His mother works hard. He had brothers and sisters, we were always like, 'Hi, good morning, what's up.' He was always with his family. He was not the type of kid that's vulgar, nothing like that. I always got good vibes from him. He was neat.'

Other grieving relatives and friends took to social media after Wigfall's death.

'At a loss for words,' his aunt, using the name Sha Glove on Facebook, posted. 'S.I.P. nephew. Terrell Wigfall you will never be forgotten!'

Wigfall attended Edward A. Reynolds West Side High School on the Upper West Side, teacher Mark Torres posted.

'Terrell, lost to violence, a young dad, star athlete, and graduate of West Side HS,' Torres wrote. 'We created a temporary memorial for him until we can set up something more permanent inside the school. We miss you and will always LOVE and Remember you! Rest in Paradise.'

Friend Marquee Kee-Goldee posted photos from a memorial for Wigfall.

'Met his lil princess, wifee [sic] and sister,' he wrote. 'His mans, right hands, brothers, coaches, and people that he touched their hearts came out for him. He put on for everybody.'

'It's not right this happened to a kid who had a ticket out,' he said. 'God's Gift was his talent, God's Plan was his spirit he gave to us all.'

Wigfall's funeral service will be held Friday morning at the Holy Tabernacle Church on East 114th Street in East Harlem, according to an online obituary.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2020...tchen_stabbing
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 09-25-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Thread Information