Thread: Rowdy Swanson (20) killed when he was thrown from a bull

Rowdy Swanson (20) killed when he was thrown from a bull

Friends and family gathered in Duncan on Wednesday to celebrate the life of 20-year-old Rowdy Swanson.

The Oklahoma State bull rider was killed last week at a rodeo in Texas after he was thrown from a bull.

Rowdy?s parents, Jarrel & Venessa Swanson, spoke with 7News about their son and what happened in his final moments.

?The last thing I seen him do, besides get on that bull, was kneel down by that bucking shoot, and say a prayer,? Rowdy?s brother Roper said.

There was not an empty seat at New Hope Baptist Church West as hundreds gathered to remember Rowdy Swanson.

?Toughest kid in the world. He was kind hearted and respectful, but the toughest kid in the world,? Jarrel said.

The Swansons believe their son knew something like this would happen as they reflected back on some of his final thoughts.

?Two weeks before the accident, he told his girlfriend and brother, ?If I die riding bulls, I die happy,?? Jarrel said.

Rowdy was also a man of faith, always with a cross around his neck, except the night of September 17th in Mineral Wells, Texas.

?He tells his brother, I don?t have my cross and I don?t get on bulls without a cross around my neck,? Jarrel said.

The next day the cross was found sitting on Rowdy?s coffee table.

But perhaps the more chilling last words from the young bull rider were this:

?He turned around and said ?There?s Red Rock? - the bull that killed Lane Frost.?

Rowdy?s father reminded friends and family of what his son would be saying, looking down from heaven.

?He?s probably sitting next to the Father, what are y?all doing, crying over me? I?m in a better place, don?t cry for me,? Jarrel said.

Rowdy?s father, also shared with the church that his sons death ended up leading a man to Christ, he said without this tragedy, it may not have happened.

The family says they?ll continue to honor their boy and keep his memory alive.

?We love him and we miss him. We?ve done our job and he was growing into a great man,? Venessa said.

We?re told many people are creating scholarships in Rowdy?s name, and OSU?s Rodeo Team is starting an endowment for Rowdy.
    https://www.kswo.com/2020/09/23/hund...O7NVnsB6PhTmEM

https://www.facebook.com/rowdy.swanson.1
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2020...wn_from_a_bull
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 09-25-2020 at 05:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Team Bull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Team Bull.
    For sure. I feel bad this young man was killed, but I feel worse for these poor animals that are forced to do this shit. It's cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I feel badly for Rowdy, but Roper is his brother? Yikes on those names.

For sure. I feel bad this young man was killed, but I feel worse for these poor animals that are forced to do this shit. It's cruel.
    eh, there are worse lives. Granted, this is a puff piece, but it's actually pretty on point... https://www.arlington.org/plan/blog/...-bulls-of-pbr/

and the ones that don't buck probably end up as hamburger.
    Last edited by puzzld; 09-24-2020 at 06:24 AM.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I feel badly for Rowdy, but Roper is his brother? Yikes on those names.

I was under the impression their testicles were tied tightly with rope to get them to buck.

Rowdy way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I was under the impression their testicles were tied tightly with rope to get them to buck.
    Nope. They buck because they buck.

Very sad. My former colleague's brother was killed in a PBR accident. It is a very close community and everyone feels the loss.

Rest in peace, Rowdy...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    eh, there are worse lives. Granted, this is a puff piece, but it's actually pretty on point... https://www.arlington.org/plan/blog/...-bulls-of-pbr/

and the ones that don't buck probably end up as hamburger.
    It's okay to buck, but I bet if they kill someone, they get turned into hamburger. :(

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    It's okay to buck, but I bet if they kill someone, they get turned into hamburger. :(
    Actually no.
    https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/1...we-stock-show/
    The bull that Mason Lowe rode at the National Western Stock Show prior to his death Tuesday night in Denver will continue to be part of the riding circuit, Professional Bull Riders CEO Sean Gleason said.

The bucking bull ? named Hard Times ? threw Lowe off and stomped on his chest during the evening competition at the Denver Coliseum. He died later that night.

Lowe had not ridden Hard Times before Tuesday. Competing bulls typically weigh between 1,500 and 2,000 pounds.

?The bull absolutely unintentionally injured and killed Mason,? Gleason said. ?? In this particular case, he had no idea that Mason had been sucked underneath him. The bull did not do this with any mal-intent.?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_Frost
    On July 30, 1989, at the Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo in Cheyenne, Wyoming, after completing a successful 85-point ride on a Brahma bull named Takin' Care of Business, Frost dismounted and landed in the dirt. The bull turned and hit him in the back with his horn (although he was not gored), breaking several of his ribs.[7] He initially rose to his feet, waving at Tuff Hedeman for help. As he took a couple of steps, he fell to the ground, causing his heart and lungs to be punctured by the broken ribs.[8] He was rushed to Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead. He was 25 years old. No autopsy was performed. He posthumously finished third in the event.

Takin' Care of Business appeared in the 1990 National Finals Rodeo. He was retired in the 1990s, and put out to stud until he died in 1999.[9][10]
    And then there's Bodacious. He never killed anyone, but had a good time trying. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodacious_(bull)

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Actually no.
    https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/1...we-stock-show/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_Frost

And then there's Bodacious. He never killed anyone, but had a good time trying. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodacious_(bull)
    I love your way with words, you make me laugh.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information