Thread: 4-year-old (Rowan Sweeney) dead, four others hurt in Struthers shooting

4-year-old (Rowan Sweeney) dead, four others hurt in Struthers shooting

https://www.wkbn.com/news/local-news...hers-shooting/

STRUTHERS, Ohio (WKBN) ' According to Struthers police, a 4-year-old boy is dead and four others ' two men and two women ' have been taken to the hospital with gunshot wounds following a shooting in the city early Monday morning.

'The child tragically died in his mother's arms,' Struthers Police Chief Tim Roddy said in a press release. The child belonged to one of the women.

Struthers police give update on shooting that killed 4-year-old, hurt 4 others
    The two men are facing life-threatening injuries.

The shooting happened at 111 Perry St. around 2 a.m. The women who were shot said a man barged into the house and started shooting.

The suspect ran away and police are still looking for him.

'My detectives were at the hospital and spoke to the two female victims, who gave us a slight understanding of what had happened.'

The victims described the suspect as a younger, thin, light-skinned black man who was wearing a black jacket at the time. They told police they didn't know who he was.

All four adult victims are in their 20s and are friends.

Investigators from the coroner's office cradled the body of the child as they brought him out to sobs almost as soon as the front door of the house opened just before 6 a.m.

'We just went over because I heard screaming and I didn't know what else to do,' Matthew Tallman said. 'I just went over there to see if everything was OK.'

Tallman, a neighbor, was the first one there after the shooting.

'I walked up into the house, asked if the shooter was still there and they said no. So then I looked over to my left and there was a kid in her arms, and he was gone,' Tallman said.

The tragedy is shocking to him.

'I've lived here for three months and I've only had the cops come up and down here twice. I would have never even have thought of that ever happening,' Tallman said.

The sister of the woman who lives there said she has no idea who could've done this.

She said everyone was in the same room when the shooter came in.

She said they had been living in the house for eight months.

Officers say nothing was stolen so they don't think it was a robbery attempt.

Around 6:45 a.m., police were having a car in front of the house towed away.

About 8 a.m., investigators with K9s started going door-to-door, asking neighbors for surveillance videos or any information.

'We have all the necessary assistance, which is going to help us piece everything together and, hopefully, find the suspect and find a reason for all this,' Roddy said.

The Mahoning County Homicide Task Force is investigating and the Youngstown, Campbell and Mill Creek police departments are helping as well.

If you have any information, call Crimestoppers Youngstown at 330-746-CLUE or Struthers police at 330-755-9849.

According to the FBI, a mass shooting is whenever three or more people are shot, not including the shooter.

The last time there was a mass shooting in our area was February 9 of this year. Five people were shot, three of them killed, at the Brothers of Power Classic Cars Club on Logan Avenue in Youngstown.

Robert Shelton is currently awaiting trial for aggravated murder in that case. He pleaded not guilty.

Before that, five people were shot in February 2017 in Howland. Two of them, a 19-year-old and a 20-year-old, died.

Prosecutors say the shooter, Nasser Hamad, had been arguing with a group on social media and coaxed them to an ambush at his house.

Hamad, who claimed he acted in self-defense, was convicted in the case. He died in prison.

I was reading about this earlier and I think they arrested someone.
    Last edited by Nic B; 09-23-2020 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    This hurts my heart. RIP little angel.

Here are the victims:

Cassandra Lynn Marsicola (20): https://www.facebook.com/cassandra.marsicola

Yarnell Green Jr. (30)

Andre Stephon McCoy Jr. (20)

Rowan's mom, Alexis Mykayla Schneider (22): https://www.facebook.com/lexieschneider.fgt

https://www.wfmj.com/story/42659816/...ooter-a-coward

It appears Yarnell Green Jr. has passed away.

Nic was correct.

Suspect in Struthers mass shooting turns himself in

STRUTHERS, Ohio (WKBN) – A man who police say is connected to a shooting in Struthers that killed a young boy and hurt four others turned himself in to police Monday evening.

Struthers Police Chief Tim Roddy said 24-year-old Kimonie Bryant turned himself in to authorities at about 7:30 p.m.

Bryant was taken into custody at the federal building in downtown Youngstown on aggravated murder charges. He is in the Mahoning County Jail with no bond.
    More here: https://www.wkbn.com/news/local-news...JyzELgKgIt2U34

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Here are the victims:

Cassandra Lynn Marsicola (20): https://www.facebook.com/cassandra.marsicola

Yarnell Green Jr. (30)

Andre Stephon McCoy Jr. (20)

Rowan's mom, Alexis Mykayla Schneider (22): https://www.facebook.com/lexieschneider.fgt

https://www.wfmj.com/story/42659816/...ooter-a-coward
    If I got this right, I believe Yarnell was Alexis' bf, and Andre was Cassandra's.

I was perusing Alexis' fb yesterday and saw she posted (after the shooting) asking someone to let Yarnell know she wasn't able to see him yet but she would as soon as she could. I noticed that post is now gone.....sad.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

It appears Yarnell Green Jr. has passed away.
    Where did you read he passed? I saw his sister's FB and she had posted a Live of him in the hospital, awake and talking. She has posted random status updates as recent as today and nothing mentions him dying.

https://www.facebook.com/shahara.bla...Q2Xje24K3Ngrym

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Where did you read he passed? I saw his sister's FB and she had posted a Live of him in the hospital, awake and talking. She has posted random status updates as recent as today and nothing mentions him dying.

https://www.facebook.com/shahara.bla...Q2Xje24K3Ngrym
    I saw what Trouble shared; now I am not sure if it was him or Andre who passed because I found this.

https://insideeko.com/andre-mccoy-de...bGSnzJs-nN9bH0

I saw what Trouble shared; now I am not sure if it was him or Andre who passed because I found this.

https://insideeko.com/andre-mccoy-de...bGSnzJs-nN9bH0
    Yeah it is super confusing. Rumors are flying around FB, some people are posting "RIP Andre" while others are saying he is still alive but fighting for his life.

I'm not sure either. I saw the video Nic posted. Andre looked very much alive; however, a couple of times he looked like he was fading out as he was talking. Pain killers will do that.

Texts offer new insight of connection in deadly Struthers shooting

https://www.wfmj.com/story/42666123/...thers-shooting

The day after the shooting in Struthers which left 4 year-old Rowan Sweeney dead, the city's Law Director John Zomoida Jr. spoke with 21 News reporter Madison Tromler about new details in the case which 4 four other people - 20 year old Cassandra Marsicola, 30 year old Yarnell Green Jr., 20 year old Andre McCoy Jr., and 22 year old Alexis Schneider - were shot.

According to Zomoida, he believes the alleged shooter, 24 year-old Kimonie Bryant, had a connection with Green and McCoy, with Bryant claiming Green is his cousin and McCoy an alleged acquaintance.

Zomoida said McCoy's cell phone contained text messages from Bryant's cell phone prior to the shooting that tie him to the scene. Texts were sent from a phone number that according to reports are texts between cell phones that allegedly belong to Bryant and McCoy.

The texts were sent at 1:44 a.m. and and 1:45 a.m. which read:

"Sure he ain't got one," from the cell phone alleged to belong to Bryant.

Text from McCoy's number: "Positive. Just told me somebody stole it."

Bryant's cell: "Yo girl car right in front"

McCoy's cell: "Yea"

McCoy's cell: "Come up step open door"

Zomoida said that Schneider begged the shooter not to shoot her son, as the gunman placed the gun to the head of Sweeney and fired twice.

Bryant, however, continues to deny that he was the triggerman, claiming his cell phone had been stolen and the messages were not from him.

Based on the evidence presented, he said he believes neither Mariscola nor Schneider knew Bryant, however, he said one of the two female victims did select Bryant's photo from a police line up of photos as the man who shot them.

"The most critical part of the investigation at this point in time is certainly the positive identification and the text messages," Zimoida said.

According to Zomoida, Valley Christian President Mike Pecchia convinced Bryant to turn himself in.

The law director said Pecchia and his wife, Karen, were mentors to Bryant, and that he mowed the Pecchias lawn. The law director also said that the Pecchia's purchased Bryant's cell phone for him.

Bryant surrendered US Marshals around 8 p.m. Monday, and is set for video arraignment at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Green, Schneider and Mariscola are expected to survive their wounds. McCoy remains in critical condition.

The law director would not comment on a motive.

Sounds like McCoy was setting everyone up to either be robbed or shot. If that was the case, why was everyone shot? I am even more confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Sounds like McCoy was setting everyone up to either be robbed or shot. If that was the case, why was everyone shot? I am even more confused.
    I smell a double-cross.

Gains said Thursday that the motivation for the shooting may have been that Green had a check worth several thousand dollars in federal pandemic unemployment assistance and that Bryant wanted to take it, NBC affiliate WFMJ reported.

“Approximately $5,000 in cash remaining from the check was on the coffee table, which was located between the two couches in the living room,” Gains said, noting the money was missing from the home by the time police arrived.
    https://knewz.com/rowan-sweeney-killing-ohio/

Thread Information