Thread: Mollie Ghiz-Flynn (37) was pulled under a boat and killed by the propeller during a dive outing at Lake Worth Inlet, FL

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

Mollie Ghiz-Flynn (37) was pulled under a boat and killed by the propeller during a dive outing at Lake Worth Inlet, FL

https://cbs12.com/news/local/lawsuit...m_content=HTML

The family of a diver who died from her injuries during a dive near the Lake Worth Inlet in March is suing the charter boat company.

In March, investigators said people on board a 48-foot commercial dive boat, called the Southern Comfort, were pulling divers from the water about a mile-and-a-half southeast of the Lake Worth Inlet when two divers were pulled under the boat and one diver, 37-year-old Mollie Ghiz-Flynn, was hit by a propeller. Ghiz-Flynn later died from her injuries.

Now, a lawsuit filed Friday in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida is accusing Florida Scuba Charters, the company charter that owns the Southern Comfort, of negligence.

According to the lawsuit, as the divers that were in the water were coming up from the first dive of the day and were trying to get back aboard the boat, the boat captain put the boat in reverse, pulling Ghiz-Flynn and her husband, Sean Flynn, under it.

Flynn's attorney, Michael Winkleman says, "this was a SCUBA diving charter that never should have occurred in the first place, and the results were catastrophic. We are filing this case in order to obtain justice for Sean and for Mollie?s family. Mollie?s life was taken far too soon and we seek full accountability for this preventable tragedy."

At the time of the incident, Palm Beach County had enacted executive orders prohibiting recreational diving and most recreational boating, in an effort to help increase social distancing measures and curb the spread of COVID-19. Additionally, boat ramps and marinas in the county were closed to recreational boats and only allowed to remain open if they serviced commercial vessels, such as fishing.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    That'll leave a mark. First of all, they were stupid to still be operating after the orders were given to shut down and what was that captain thinking by throwing the boat in reverse? I feel bad that she's gone, but let's face it. The folks going scuba diving also knew they weren't supposed to be out there with the orders. Not saying the boating company isn't at fault here, but it takes two to tango as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    That'll leave a mark. First of all, they were stupid to still be operating after the orders were given to shut down and what was that captain thinking by throwing the boat in reverse? I feel bad that she's gone, but let's face it. The folks going scuba diving also knew they weren't supposed to be out there with the orders. Not saying the boating company isn't at fault here, but it takes two to tango as well.
    Truth.

Thread Information