Thread: Noa Akins (42) died from methamphetamine intoxication with obesity and history of congestive heart failure

Noa Akins (42) died from methamphetamine intoxication with obesity and history of congestive heart failure

NOA AKINS
    June 4, 1978 - November 10, 2020
    (42 years )
    Case Number
    2020-10502
    Case Status
    DEFERRED Pending Additional Investigation
    Body Status
    RELEASED
    Ethnicity
    BLACK
    Place of Death
    HOTEL/MOTEL
    Manner
    N/A
    Investigator
    McKIBBEN
    Deputy Medical Examiner
    DR. WANG
    Cause A
    DEFERRED
    Cause B
    N/A
    Cause C
    N/A
    Cause D
    N/A
    Other Significant Conditions
    N/A
    https://mec.lacounty.gov/case-detail...ber=2020-10502
    https://www.facebook.com/noa.akins
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2020..._heart_failure
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 12-26-2020 at 07:44 AM.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    RIP Noa. Here's the gofundme with all of the info. She died in her sleep, and she had CHF (congestive heart failure) she had just found a new job. RIP Noa.

My name is Pamela "Suzie Garrison and Noa Akins is my 2nd child but first daughter who just died tonight in her sleep! I spoke with her on the phone on Monday. She called me crying explaining that she had landed a job but she said it was very painfull to her chest to walk 4 steps! I asked her "why are you crying if you have a job now"? She said "because I won't be able to stand or walk to keep it if all I'm able to walk is 4 steps at a time". I told her to go see her doctor for him to refer her to a Cardiologist. Noa had a car accident about 6wks ago and was rushed to the Pomona hospital, and that is where she was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. When she went in to work one of the supervisors had came to verify her employment at the gate. She then said to the supervisor "can we stop for a minute" ? The supervisor said "what's wrong" ? My daughter had explained to her that she couldn't breathe! So the supervisor advised her that she should go home to rest and return on Thursday. I called her on Tuesday to make sure she was okay and resting. She sounded good and calm. Later tonight I received a call from a man named Mr. .McKibben from Los Angeles Coroner Dept. asking me did I know Noa Akins? I was frantic just when I got a call like that! He said " your daughter was found dead in her sleep tonight!! Noa didn't have any life insurance, neither did she have any funds saved. She has one daughter 24 yrs. old, she also lost her father about 8yrs ago. If you knew Noa she is a happy, loving, giving, funny and you'll be glad you had the pleasure to have met her. She will be remembered forever. This is why I'm requesting your help. I thank you in advance for your donations of any amount. God bless you all. Pamela Garrison Noa s mother.

Here's what the gofundme says.
    My name is Pamela "Suzie Garrison and Noa Akins is my 2nd child but first daughter who just died tonight in her sleep! I spoke with her on the phone on Monday. She called me crying explaining that she had landed a job but she said it was very painfull to her chest to walk 4 steps! I asked her "why are you crying if you have a job now"? She said "because I won't be able to stand or walk to keep it if all I'm able to walk is 4 steps at a time". I told her to go see her doctor for him to refer her to a Cardiologist. Noa had a car accident about 6wks ago and was rushed to the Pomona hospital, and that is where she was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. When she went in to work one of the supervisors had came to verify her employment at the gate. She then said to the supervisor "can we stop for a minute" ? The supervisor said "what's wrong" ? My daughter had explained to her that she couldn't breathe! So the supervisor advised her that she should go home to rest and return on Thursday. I called her on Tuesday to make sure she was okay and resting. She sounded good and calm. Later tonight I received a call from a man named Mr. .McKibben from Los Angeles Coroner Dept. asking me did I know Noa Akins? I was frantic just when I got a call like that! He said " your daughter was found dead in her sleep tonight!! Noa didn't have any life insurance, neither did she have any funds saved. She has one daughter 24 yrs. old, she also lost her father about 8yrs ago. If you knew Noa she is a happy, loving, giving, funny and you'll be glad you had the pleasure to have met her. She will be remembered forever. This is why I'm requesting your help. I thank you in advance for your donations of any amount. God bless you all. Pamela Garrison Noa s mother.

Unfortunately, congestive heart failure was not the main cause.

Cause A
    METHAMPHETAMINE INTOXICATION
    Cause B
    N/A
    Cause C
    N/A
    Cause D
    N/A
    Other Significant Conditions
    OBESITY, HISTORY OF CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by StarrySky87 View Post
    Unfortunately, congestive heart failure was not the main cause.
    It's crazy how families cover up drug abuse. I think that if we talked about it more it will be better.

Meth is bad people. It's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    It's crazy how families cover up drug abuse. I think that if we talked about it more it will be better.

Meth is bad people. It's horrible.
    It's like with mental illness and suicide, I think if we stopped trying to deny that it happened it would make things better. (of course if Saleen was here he would come jump down my throat and tell me that no one covers up mental illness and that I am wrong...)

Thread Information