Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court Justice and Liberal Icon, Dies at 87

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    Love this. I heard that there's a documentary about her on Netflix so I'll be searching to watch it. She accomplished so much in her career against the odds and did so much for the people in general. What an amazing Woman.

ETA: The documentary is on Hulu, not Netflix. I'll be watching tonight.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 09-21-2020 at 10:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Saleen, I would never tell you racism doesn't exist in this country because I am white and have no idea what people of color go through. (but I do recognize it and it pisses me off when white people say racism doesn't exist, like how the fuck do you know when you never dealt with it?)

So you should never tell a woman she is treated equally to a man, 100% of the time (as it should be) because how would you know?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

hijo de su madre querida, shut the fuck up saleen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

The fact that she's the first woman in or nation's history to lie in state only amplifies how much she did for Women's rights and that we are far from done with the work. On one hand, I'm happy that they're really honoring her, on the other I know that the Jewish religion usually calls for burial within three days of death. But then again, she was known for breaking tradition

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    The fact that she's the first woman in or nation's history to lie in state only amplifies how much she did for Women's rights and that we are far from done with the work. On one hand, I'm happy that they're really honoring her, on the other I know that the Jewish religion usually calls for burial within three days of death. But then again, she was known for breaking tradition
    Exactly my thought. She was a trail blazer in so many things. Too bad women have been so limited in what they were allowed to do, and too bad recognition for their accomplishments has been so hard to come by.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Exactly my thought. She was a trail blazer in so many things. Too bad women have been so limited in what they were allowed to do, and too bad recognition for their accomplishments has been so hard to come by.
    You must spread some reputation

I just watched the documentary. RBG is a MUST SEE. I thought I knew everything she had done, but I was proven wrong. It was so much more. Also, Marty also made our progress a reality. It's a case of behind this great woman was an even greater man. I love Marty.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 09-22-2020 at 09:10 AM.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court...-supreme-court

Republican Govs. Phil Scott (Vt.) and Charlie Baker (Mass.) called on President Trump and Senate Republicans to wait until after the November election to fill the Supreme Court vacancy following Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death.

The governors’ statements come in response to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) announcement Friday night that “President Trump’s nominee will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate.”

McConnell’s decision came about an hour after news broke that Ginsburg died at the age of 87 due to complications from metastatic pancreatic cancer.

Scott, who faces reelection in November, said in a series of tweets Friday evening that while he believes “it is important to take the time to mourn” Ginsburg’s death, he urged lawmakers “to follow precedent, as well as her dying wishes, and delay the appointment process until after Inauguration Day.”

NPR on Friday obtained a statement Ginsburg dictated to her granddaughter days before the justice’s death, in which Ginsburg revealed that her “most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.”

Baker echoed Scott’s sentiments in a tweet Saturday, saying, “The passing of Justice Ginsburg is not only a loss for the court but for the entire nation.”

The Massachusetts governor added, “I urge President Trump and the U.S. Senate to allow the American people to cast their ballots for President before a new justice is nominated or confirmed.”

In a follow-up tweet, Baker argued that the Supreme Court "is too important to rush and must be removed from partisan political infighting

President Trump tweeted Saturday that he would be moving quickly to nominate a replacement for Ginsburg.

"We were put in this position of power and importance to make decisions for the people who so proudly elected us, the most important of which has long been considered to be the selection of United States Supreme Court Justices," Trump said, tagging the Republican Party’s official account. "We have this obligation, without delay!"

Several Democratic lawmakers vocalized their position that lawmakers should honor the late justice’s wishes and wait to fill the vacancy, with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) tweeting that McConnell “is cementing a shameful legacy of brazen hypocrisy.”

Republicans in 2016 denied a confirmation hearing for former President Barack Obama’s Supreme Court pick Merrick Garland, arguing at the time that a Supreme Court vacancy should not be filled during a presidential election year.

I love how fuckstick in chief says that they are supposed to make decisions for the people that elected him yet isn't waiting until people elect (reject) him.

So for all the misogynistic assholes (men and women) who say "well, it's ok they will get rid of legal abortion, because people should be using birth control and being responsible anyway", Amy Barrett doesn't believe in American's right to use contraceptives. Too bad her parents didn't use birth control.

And don't say that "she didn't say, that doesn't mean she doesn't believe in it"...she has only stayed silent on the things she doesn't agree with and doesn't want to answer.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/am...id=mailsignout
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-24-2022 at 12:51 PM.

^Lmao the leftist alarmism and tears are hilarious.

What happens when Roe is still the law four years from now? Do you people ever admit you're wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by mj2sexay View Post

What happens when Roe is still the law four years from now? Do you people ever admit you're wrong?
    So you're saying the religious droid the Right Wing is shoving on to the SC isn't going to be able to get the job done the way they want it to be done? LMAO, womp, womp.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 10-15-2020 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    So you're saying the religious droid the Right Wing is shoving on to the SC isn't going to be able to get the job done the way they want it to be done? LMAO, womp, womp.
    ReLiGiOuS dRoId.

Same old shit. I guess when you can't accuse the nominee of being the leader of a gangrape ring you have to go back to old reliables.

Your anti-Catholic bigotry is very much noted. Disgusting.

ReLiGiOuS dRoId.

Same old shit. I guess when you can't accuse the nominee of being the leader of a gangrape ring you have to go back to old reliables.

Your anti-Catholic bigotry is very much noted. Disgusting.
    There's a reason why there's supposed to be a separation of church and state. It's because the rest of us have a right not to live by the greedy Catholic values. They can live by them all they want, but the rest of America shouldn't have to.

Try putting a staunch Muslim that believes the country should follow Shari'a Law on there and see how quickly your mind changes when they decide FOR YOU how you should live and what rights you should have.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 10-23-2020 at 06:28 AM.

I am anti catholicism...and all other religions. Religion is a device to keep simple people in line...the opiate of the masses. I think for myself, not for some pedophile priest.

I am anti catholicism...and all other religions. Religion is a device to keep simple people in line...the opiate of the masses. I think for myself, not for some pedophile priest.
    ^^^^^^
    This.

There's a reason why there's supposed to be a separation of church and state. It's because the rest of us have a right not to live by the greedy Catholic values. They can live by them all they want, but the rest of America shouldn't have to.

Try putting a staunch Muslim that believes the country should follow Shari'a Law on there and see how quickly your mind changes when they decide FOR YOU how you should live and what rights you should have.
    Of course the irony of this comment being that if a Muslim did want to enact Sharia law from the bench, you braindead leftist mongoloids would be screaming about diversity and islamaphobia when someone called it out.

As for catholic values being "Greedy" again the bigotry in this thread is off the charts.

But as an exercise, try showing one holding of hers or legal commentary in a journal in which she in any way utilizes her religion to come to a conclusion as opposed to the law.

Otherwise you and the other one can take this anti-Catholic bigotry which puts you right in line with the KKK and cram it.

Saleen can go fuck himself:

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar

hey dumbfuck, where you at now?

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    I banned him for being an asswipe to everyone. But I had the same thought when I reread this thread earlier. I wish I had been wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    I'm with you.

Dear Men of MDS. Kindly STOP telling the Women of MDS that we're "overacting". We aren't. Also, fuck any of you that thought it was a good idea to do so in this thread. Because Fuck You.

I'm with you.

Dear Men of MDS. Kindly STOP telling the Women of MDS that we're "overacting". We aren't. Also, fuck any of you that thought it was a good idea to do so in this thread. Because Fuck You.
    This.

My wish would be that no one would get pregnant when she didn't want a child, and even more that no one expecting a wanted, loved child would have to face the tragedy of having that child die or be diagnosed with defects, incompatible with life... But until that joyful day, keep your nose out of people's private business. I've had friends who had to make the worst decision ever, to end a pregnancy to save the mother's life, another friend grew up without a mother after mom died after a botched attempt to end her 8th pregnancy. I can't even face the thought that we're facing those horrible times again. Of course, all of us aren't. Those with enough money can easily travel to somewhere where safe legal abortion is available.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

This.

My wish would be that no one would get pregnant when she didn't want a child, and even more that no one expecting a wanted, loved child would have to face the tragedy of having that child die or be diagnosed with defects, incompatible with life... But until that joyful day, keep your nose out of people's private business. I've had friends who had to make the worst decision ever, to end a pregnancy to save the mother's life, another friend grew up without a mother after mom died after a botched attempt to end her 8th pregnancy. I can't even face the thought that we're facing those horrible times again. Of course, all of us aren't. Those with enough money can easily travel to somewhere where safe legal abortion is available.
    But isn't it the goal of the GOP to make is where you can't travel to where it's safe and legal. Even if you go to a state where it's legal, this law essentially enables faceless ghouls to sue you and anyone that enabled you to go to where the abortion is safe (airlines, hotels, restaurants that fed you...where does it end???). They are wanting to make women essentially be hunted down by the people in their lives.

What's funny is that after all the blah blah blah about communism that the GOP puts out, how is ratting out your neighbor to the state not exactly what Communist China/Russia did for years?

This.

THIS right here. THIS is what religious zealots don't get and won't support the products of what they're trying to force on society in the name of their "God". This whole law is a perfect example of why we have hammered home from DAY ONE OF THIS COUNTRY that there needs to be a separation of church and state. Apparently the witch trials weren't enough, but again. It's women that suffered as with this so who gives a flying fuck. Right? Where in this law does it hold the sperm donors and rapists that contributed to the pregnancy in the first place?! Nowhere. Because this law has NOTHING, ZILCH, ZERO to do with preserving "life" and EVERYTHING to do with showing women that you ARE A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN AND MEN RULE YOU. It's an attack on Women and the poor as a whole.
    But isn't it the goal of the GOP to make is where you can't travel to where it's safe and legal. Even if you go to a state where it's legal, this law essentially enables faceless ghouls to sue you and anyone that enabled you to go to where the abortion is safe (airlines, hotels, restaurants that fed you...where does it end???). They are wanting to make women essentially be hunted down by the people in their lives.

What's funny is that after all the blah blah blah about communism that the GOP puts out, how is ratting out your neighbor to the state not exactly what Communist China/Russia did for years?
    Same as I said above. Period.

Thread Information